Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I certainly hope that whoever listed that on CL accidentally put in an extra zero, since otherwise that price is fuckin ridiculous.

Mind you, if you buy this, you'll more than have your fill of sports and crappy games for the next couple years. And, many of them get great trade value too. [/quote]

Look at it this way. INSTANT BACKLOG :lol:

SUPER NINTENDO GAMES RARE - $1

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-07-07, 10:27PM EDT

I have many SNES games.All of these are Complete.Make an offer.NO LOW BALL OFFERS.I know there value.I take paypal.I have many titles,If there is 1 you are looking for I might have it.Thanks
Super Mario kart
Knights of the round
Zombies ate my neighbor
Mega man x
Mega man x2
Mega man x3
I have about 60 more complete and cartridge only games.E-mail me
01010501020801040820070707ddd3af14f8b29d92f4004017.jpg

Don't you hate this?

For the xbox 360 too! I think they're trying to con someone who thinks Sigma also came out for the 360 with this 'great' deal.

[quote name='nyprimus4']SUPER NINTENDO GAMES RARE - $1

I have many SNES games.All of these are Complete.Make an offer.NO LOW BALL OFFERS.I know there value.I take paypal.I have many titles,If there is 1 you are looking for I might have it.Thanks

Don't you hate this?[/quote]

Well, it's a fair market. I'd rather see competing Craig's Listings of people who seem to know the value of their games rather than some idiot who assumes a game retains nearly full value years later (Ninja Gaiden XBox, above).

Craigslist is so random that it can be incredibly frustrating to buy stuff on it. I was supposed to pick up a Xbox 360 package yesterday for $350 that included a Premium, 2 controllers, and 7 games (GRAW, GoW, Saints Row, Call of Duty 3, etc.), and I leave the guy a message on Monday with a call back number so I can get directions to his house and I never hear from him. He didn't seem like a scammer at all, and had responded to most of my previous emails. He's just dropped off the face of the earth....:bomb:

Other times, like when I got my wii, the seller is very quick. I literally completed that transaction in one morning. On a side note, the kid had graduated and had only bought the wii so he could shut his girlfriend up while he played WoW...

[quote name='caedeskhan']Craigslist is so random that it can be incredibly frustrating to buy stuff on it. I was supposed to pick up a Xbox 360 package yesterday for $350 that included a Premium, 2 controllers, and 7 games (GRAW, GoW, Saints Row, Call of Duty 3, etc.), and I leave the guy a message on Monday with a call back number so I can get directions to his house and I never hear from him. He didn't seem like a scammer at all, and had responded to most of my previous emails. He's just dropped off the face of the earth....:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I don't have Craigslist in my area but I can relate to some degree. I have given my number out over the last year or two to probably about 20 people at yardsales that say they have an old system and or games that they just want to get rid of and the only person that ever called me was one lady that I've meet before I saw her at the yardsale as I used to buy fireworks from her every year before she stopped selling them every summer. Every time I do give my number out I always think that they might actually call me thinking that they seem serious about getting rid of games and that this is the one that's going to pan out but it always seems to fail. I can't help but think that it must be too much trouble for most people just to make afew bucks so they kind of forget and don't bother on following though. I even asked at a yardsale once about video games and a lady that didn't live at the house said that she had about 100 NES games and mentioned that she sells at the one flea market nearby and that she would bring them. I've seen her at the flea market since then but she never did have any NES games but shortly after asking her about games at that yardsale I did notice somebody nearby selling off about 100 NES games mostly in lots of 10-20 per an auction on eBay lol

Wow, the title just caught my eye. I thought, okay MAYBE, if there are at least 20 games it comes with...

SLIGHTLY DAMAGED PSP. STILL USABLE - $180

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/371976046.html

INCLUDES ONE SHITTY GAME (Ridge Racer)....

so let me get this straight, you want to sell your busted ass PSP with one uber crappy game for more than the 2 would cost brand new retail???

And this one is just so odd I find it hilarious...how do you not have room for a single DVD case?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/372371273.html

I can understand why it "must go", because it undoubtedly is a shitty game.

Non game related, but how about $500 for this SWEET hunk o' scrap junk. You can buy brand new BEAUTIFUL Chinese knock offs of these old pedal cars for $50+ dollars nowadays brand new, and they look beautiful. Or "bargain" with this guy over a rusted shell of one.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/372622043.html

[quote name='karkyco']

Non game related, but how about $500 for this SWEET hunk o' scrap junk. You can buy brand new BEAUTIFUL Chinese knock offs of these old pedal cars for $50+ dollars nowadays brand new, and they look beautiful. Or "bargain" with this guy over a rusted shell of one.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/372622043.html[/quote]

Actually, I used to work with a guy who would buy, restore and resell those old pedal cars for a nice profit. $500 is pretty bad though for that condition.

I HAVE FIX ABOUT 5 XBOXS NOW AND THEY HAVE ALL BEEN PRETTY SOLID FIXES FOR THE MOST PART, THIS DOES TAKE SOME PATIENTS, BUT IM WILLING TO SHARE THIS OR HELP ANYONE FIX THERE FOR A SMALL FEE, AFTER GOING THROUGH ALL THE BS TRYING TO GET MINE FIXED I WAS LIKE MAN I WISH SOMEONE WAS ABLE TO JUST WALK ME THROUGH IT ALL INSTEAD OF READING FORUM AFTER FORUM OF THINGS TO TRY WITH NO PIX NOTHING.. SO IF YOUR INTERESTED LET ME KNOW....

And trust me I'm very fair about how I charge for fixing it, if you want to help then its not as much, if you want to just drop it off and let me fix it no biggy but i promise it will be way way less then the 168 MS wants...

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/373017893.html

The winnar! I bet my next paycheck this guy will register the things in his own name and have them fixed by MS for free and charge people a "repair fee"

I can only hope that all people who mod their 360s (with the explicit intent of copying games) are as stupid (but brutally honest) as this guy;
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/374400729.html

I have a slightly used Modded XBOX 360 Premium system about 8 months old. It comes with 2 Wireless Controllers and 28 Game titles. The only reason i'm selling is because I was ban from XBOX LIVE:applause:, so i no longer play with it. Again you will not be able to play on XBOX LIVE:hot: otherwise you will be fine.

What you're getting:

Xbox 360 system
Hard Drive
Power cord
Component Cable
2 Wireless Controllers
Headset
Charger Cable Kit & Rechargable Battery Pack
Remote Control

27 Games:

1. Need for Speed: Carbon
2. NFL Madden 2007
3. NCAA College Hoops 2k7
4. MLB 2k6
5. NCAA Football 2007
6. Blitz: The League
7. NBA 2k7
8. Project Gothem Racing 3
9. Crackdown
10. Saints Row
11. Battlefield Modern Combat 2
12. Ghost Recon Advanced War fighter
13. Gun
14. Blazing Angels
15. Full Auto
16. Prey
17. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
18. MotoGP 2006
19. NBA Street: Home court
20. Chromehounds
21. Amped 3
22. Xbox Live Arcade
23. Test Drive Unlimited
24. Ridge Racer 6
25. Deadrising

He's charging $450 for the console (and games he didn't pay for), and it's Live capabilities are gimped, to say the least.
26. Guitar Hero 2
27. Def Jam Icons

It would be nice if the feds would crack down on shit like that. Just like making a drug sting. Set up to buy this and nail him for distribution/sale of pirated software.

[quote name='kube00']Check out this, modded ps2. No I won't pay for the games...sigh
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ele/375151456.html[/QUOTE]

That's really sad. I guess this guy is going to delete all of the games from the HD if the buyer doesn't want to fork over the extra $125 for them. You'd think that it shouldn't be that hard to talk this guy down unless abunch of dumb folks are fighting to get in on this one :D

[quote name='Caliburn']Do you guys think I should jump on this HOT :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot: deal?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/375254268.html

PS2 MADDEN 2003 - $20

Date: 2007-07-16, 4:02PM EDT

EA Sports Madden NFL 2003 for PS2. One disc, booklet included in orginal carton good condition. Fro pick up or seller will shipp for fee.[/quote]

Mwuahaha

Thanks man, thats just about one of the funniest i've seen.

I'm going to email for shipping rates

As funny and horrible all these are, the worst is still:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/tag/368137820.html

If you are extremely generous to the point of giving $200 for all the hardware + accessories, then it's still $66 a game. $66 for '90s PS1 sports titles with no cases :applause:
You'd be ripped off if you payed 1/10th of what she's asking, unless you really want the games for yourself. I know if I ever have a kid, I'm going to have him playing RPGs at a young age so he appreciates them. No sports games for vicious jr, lol. Then at least I can get some of that money back :lol:

[quote name='vicious7171']I love the post script, especially since the RE: Outbreak servers are down forever IIRC. A lot of good that extra speed will do :roll:[/QUOTE]
Outbreak File 2 is down, first game is still up.

Which makes me want to get ahold of the game again. Maybe I'd better email him :lol:

[quote name='tangytangerine']What the fuck is double shot controllers?[/QUOTE]
It's a button glitch in Halo 2. If you press R, R, X in quick succession with just the right timing when firing the battle rifle, you can get it to fire two shots back to back much faster than normal. I've seen some people add in chips that hold macros to do that on demand and wire it up to an extra button they add to the controller. Even so, that price is just ludicrous and anyone who actually buys one from him gets what they deserve.

[quote name='whoknows']Outbreak File 2 is down, first game is still up.

Which makes me want to get ahold of the game again. Maybe I'd better email him :lol:[/quote]
Oh yeah? I used to play a little, it's more of a racing game than anything. Race to the items :bomb:

Not sure about that NFL2k7. She probably meant NBA2k7; probably a soccer mom who could easily mix up the two ;)

A PS2 with ONE controller, for a mere $119, priceless.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/371825261.html

Edit: I found another one:

PS2 with 32 'games'(some are actually dvds, 2 are code discs, one is just a blank black dvd case with no mention of what's in it):

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/376701987.html

Same PS2 as above, but with pics that're further away n fuzzy:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/375993839.html

LOL I sent the woman advertising the above PS2 a long diatribe about how she didn't have 32 games with the PS2 and that who really plays sports and racing games anyway. Here's her response:

well just let me assure you first off im sorry that i dont have a degree in playstation like you,excuse me if this offended you and next i am not a scammer and i will not sell anything to anyone without them inspecting it.i have sold numerous things on craigslist and other places and thats not what i do is rip people off.obviously you have a lot of time on your hands to give analysis on peoples ads.and also pictures work very well so people can see the items before hand.so i hope you have a wonderful day........p.s. and i am truely sorry you dont like sports or racing well obviously you dont know the game world to well cause thats the hottest thing out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please donot email me again i think you have issues and that you should find a new hobby............

I don't know if people were less smartass than me and just said 'sorry not interested' or just passed the ad by once they saw her pics(which have gone from fuzzy and far away to closeup and pretty crisp)but the ad has been up there for at least a couple weeks now and she still has it up there, so I guess enough people know better than to just assume there's 32 games there. Ahhhh well, I told her good luck with selling that item. Plus, it kinda raised a WTF alarm that she got so annoyed with my initial response since I only pointed out that she had dvds mixed with the PS2 games and claimed them as 'games'.

Some guy had a PS2 online for $100. I offered to trade him my RAZR for it and $100. He thought that I meant I would give him $100 and RAZR for his PS2. Some people are absolutely brain dead when it comes to values.

[quote name='Rhippo']What is ment by "perks" , the only thing that has come from those things for me is a broken rib (long story).

Also how can this person not have the internet and be listing this?

I hate stupid people, and am looking for a shirt that expresses that in a fun way.[/quote]

You'd be surprised, Rhippo, as the state job centers in PA have a website, which has MANY ads for work on it, but many of them list in the ads 'employer does not have internet access, please refer directly'. I mean, unless they're out in the middle bumfuck Egypt, it actually makes dealing with people and product in many of these businesses MUCH easier to have some form of internet. But, I guess for some even $10 a month is too much of an expense.

There was an ad for a car dismantler a while ago at a junk yard up the line from here, decent pay for around here but in BIG BOLDED letters it said about the no internet access, so I passed on going there.

I don't know, I guess I've become too complacent with the rise of the net to think that I really NEED to go to these places and waste gas just to get told the 'job has been filled' or that they'll call me(and almost never do).

Though, I can understand where the person who posted the CL ad you looked at may have done it from, since I used to use the libraries T1 line and computers for my net access. I did that for MANY years and many hours.

You might say it was the cheapass way to get on the net.

LOL That woman who has the PS2 bundle with sports and racing replied again, saying I have no life and....well, just read her newest reply. She said she wasn't gonna reply again, but I guess I hit a nerve. LOL

ok mike actually i never posted this playstation 2 with games for 165 so you need to make sure you have the right person.there is a person who also sells from pitman who is an actual scammer.i feel there is no reason for you to discuss my affairs.if someone comes to inspect my items and they dont feel that its right then the proper action is takin.and sir excuse me for saying but i dont get riled about anything.it is not in my nature and i am more than mature for that,unlike you that must have a truely pathetic,boring life to butt in where you dont belong. now before you start acusing someone you should really have the facts straight and if the money isnt coming out of your pocket which i get the opinion that maybe your just maybe a tad jealous its out of your price range that you cant have it.well i have better things to do with my time than to deal with someone that has no brains.you really should find a hobby or a real life..have a great evening..

That last line alone tells me she got a bit riled, plus the 'jealous because it's out of my price range' thing was a good laugh too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL That woman who has the PS2 bundle with sports and racing replied again, saying I have no life and....well, just read her newest reply. She said she wasn't gonna reply again, but I guess I hit a nerve. LOL

That last line alone tells me she got a bit riled, plus the 'jealous because it's out of my price range' thing was a good laugh too.[/quote]

Oh, soccer moms on craigslist, how you amuse me :lol:

The X-Box deals are so tasty

http://providence.craigslist.org/tag/378835081.html
X-Box w/26 games - $150
I'm selling an x-box in good working condition, includes all wires and 2 controllers.

-included is 26 games which are stored on the 80gig hard-drive. all working, and are mostly new. many sports games.

-Also includes an eliminator disk which has over 1000 old nintendo,saga and super nintendo games.

http://providence.craigslist.org/tag/379360472.html
X-Box and PS2 with 26 games in total - $650

http://providence.craigslist.org/tag/377580019.html
X-Box with 40 demo discs. $200

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/379309851.html
1st Generation iPod with no headphones? $120 PLZ.

[quote name='tarouza']http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/379980711.html

Original Nintendo $400 ROFL[/QUOTE]

For being outrageous this one wins!

This would only be realistic at all if the NES was NIB. $25-30 extra for the 2nd controller lol probably has some auctions on eBay were the winner over paid look reasonable or decent.

I'm actually half tempted to get in touch with this guy and straight up ask him if he's desperately hoping to find the dumbest gamer on earth to buy this or if he's really just that clueless.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL That woman who has the PS2 bundle with sports and racing replied again, saying I have no life and....well, just read her newest reply. She said she wasn't gonna reply again, but I guess I hit a nerve. LOL

That last line alone tells me she got a bit riled, plus the 'jealous because it's out of my price range' thing was a good laugh too.[/quote]

That is some of the funniest shit I've read. Thanks for the laugh.

[quote name='idiot mom']im sorry that i dont have a degree in playstation like you,[/quote]
[quote name='idiot mom']i have better things to do with my time than to deal with someone that has no brains[/quote]

Which one is it soccer mom? I would think it would take a lot of brains to get a degree in playstation.

bread's done
Back