Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I thought FF 3 was cheap @ GC? I know I saw it listed in some thread a while back and mentioned it to my one friend who was looking for it.[/QUOTE]
still it fetches a lot more than $10 on ebay

[quote name='Caliburn']http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/319436954.html

Grand Theft Auto 3 PS2 - new and $20.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/318304634.html

Game Boy Color with link cable and case - $30!

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/308759863.html

WANTED - PS2 games: Hello, I am looking for any of the following Playstation 2 games in EXCELLENT CONDITION (complete and no scratches) for my personal collection. I am looking for the black label games and not the greatest hits versions. I am not looking to spend more than $10 a game. Price will depend on the game title. Let me know if you can help. Later.

(I know about ebay but it is too expensive with the fees and shipping costs)

Among the list (I had to stop, list was too extensive):
Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
hack//Mutation Part 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2[/quote]
This is why I've avoided Craig's List even though it's supposedly the best thing now for finding jobs since companies are starting to shy away from the job sites. A lot of the people on there seem to be completely lacking in intelligence or horribly dishonest. It makes me worried how legit things on there are.

That list of games is about the 8 rarest games for PS2. Heck, even Gamestop sells MvC 2 PS2 for like $50-$55 USED still (and the PS2 port is the worst of the 3 home versions.) None of those games could/should be sold for under $20 at the very least.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/347827574.html

Nintendo 64, 3 Controllers, 20 Games - $250

Black Nintendo 64 / 3 Controllers / Rumble pak / Memory expansion / Comes in nice case / 20 games including:

1. Asteroids 64 Hyper
2. Mario Party 2
3. Mario Party 3
4. Donkey Kong 64
5. Super Mario 64
6. Mickey's Speedway USA
7. Super Smash Brothers
8. REVOLT
9. Waialae Country Club - True Golf Classics
10. ECW - Hardcore Revolution
11. WCW / nWo Revenge
12. Kobe Bryant NBA Courtside
13. Star Wars Racer - Episode 1
14. Mario Kart 64
15. Diddy Kong Racing
16. NAMCOMUSEUM 64
17. Hey You, Pikachu!
18. Madden Football 64
19. Elmo's Number Journey
20. Mischief Makers

Whenever I see anyone with an N64 collection that doesn't include atleast Goldeneye AND Mario 64 it's already considered near worthless for me as a collection. It'll only be good for the extra games in it, most of which are usually sports games though.

[quote name='Kuros']http://sandiego.craigslist.org/tag/350608848.html

i have a older nintendo that is just taking up room that i would like to get rid of. i have 19 games,2 controllers,and two guns for duck hunt.i am asking $275 if interested please call mike at 619-647-9474 or email [email protected]

Strike 1: Wanting $275 for this lot
Strike 2: Not listing the games
Strike 3: Having a lame email
Strike 4: posting your phone number[/quote]
Corrected!

If all those games were mint, MAYBE. However you know he picked up like 100 out of those 120 total, years later at flea markets for $.10 a piece.

[quote name='davo1224']If all those games were mint, MAYBE. However you know he picked up like 100 out of those 120 total, years later at flea markets for $.10 a piece.[/quote]
I decided to send him an e-mail anyway. He could only list 10 of them and tell me that none of them have boxes or manuals. I told him without more details, I'd have a hard time offering more than $50. We'll see where it goes.

used Wii with an extra controller/nunchuck and 2 classic controllers and 11 VC games + Wii Sports (and the awesome news, weather, internet and shopping channels!) for.......$600 (that's american dollars). I love this town.

how about mine the girl had 10 PS2 games all pretty old wanted $50 for them.. Before I decide to haggle I ask about the conditions..

She says they all are in like new condition but some don't have books and all have scratches but play fine ??????

Lol I asked her what she considered new condition and she said no scratches and all the stuff with them.. I said exactly and said your games are not in new condition at all because they have missing components and scratches so I said $20 for all of them and she told me I was nuts lol..

I told her good luck with the games there are plenty of suckers out there...

and to the guy that posted saying someone was selling a wii for $600 thats alright there was a guy selling a modded 360 labeling it as new just opened to mod lol for $700.. ..

[quote name='Derrick1979']how about mine the girl had 10 PS2 games all pretty old wanted $50 for them.. Before I decide to haggle I ask about the conditions..

She says they all are in like new condition but some don't have books and all have scratches but play fine ??????

Lol I asked her what she considered new condition and she said no scratches and all the stuff with them.. I said exactly and said your games are not in new condition at all because they have missing components and scratches so I said $20 for all of them and she told me I was nuts lol..

I told her good luck with the games there are plenty of suckers out there...

and to the guy that posted saying someone was selling a wii for $600 thats alright there was a guy selling a modded 360 labeling it as new just opened to mod lol for $700.. ..[/quote]

probably more like, opened, moded, played on xbl, and banned

[quote name='scsg75']This guy will either rob you or kill you when you go to pick it up...it's a scam of some sort.[/quote]

if that's the one that has a 360, wii, ps3 or somesuch for $125 usually, it's a scam, it's one of those clickthrough scams I think where he steals your credit card info.

[quote name='scsg75']used Wii with an extra controller/nunchuck and 2 classic controllers and 11 VC games + Wii Sports (and the awesome news, weather, internet and shopping channels!) for.......$600 (that's american dollars). I love this town.[/quote]

Holy shit you better jump on that QUICK!!!

[quote name='sonderiaom']if that's the one that has a 360, wii, ps3 or somesuch for $125 usually, it's a scam, it's one of those clickthrough scams I think where he steals your credit card info.[/quote]

Yeah but the weird thing is, I''ve seen those ads here in LA where they list the person as being by LAX/inglewood, TOTAL ghetto ass area, and they have a phone number to call.

Usually it's like a Wii or X360 or PS3 for $150 like you say...I just imagine it's some gang of niggers waiting for you to roll up with cash so they can rob rape and murder you, not necessarily in that order.

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/353167209.html

Yes, Carlos, I would love to buy your dirty looking 360 that's haphazardly thrown on the floor of what appears to be a crackhouse of some sort. The pill bottle next to it also makes me feel real good about contacting you. The "fatige" controller will probably be really tight and I'm looking forward to playing the scratched up disc only copy of NBA2K7 on it. And don't listen to the others-- punctuation is highly overrated. Not even hyphens in your phone number matter.

please, lure me out to east madison and shank me with your finest shank! :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/353167209.html

Yes, Carlos, I would love to buy your dirty looking 360 that's haphazardly thrown on the floor of what appears to be a crackhouse of some sort. The pill bottle next to it also makes me feel real good about contacting you. The "fatige" controller will probably be really tight and I'm looking forward to playing the scratched up disc only copy of NBA2K7 on it. And don't listen to the others-- punctuation is highly overrated. Not even hyphens in your phone number matter.

please, lure me out to east madison and shank me with your finest shank! :lol:[/quote]
The best part is that it appears to have Def Jam ICON in the disc tray, and it's not included. Apparently, he was just using it as a "murder simulator" so he could kill the buyer Nigger style.

This one is probably the funniest listing I've seen:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/352885713.html

GT GRAN TURISMO 3
Priced at Game express for $24.99
WILLING TO SELL FOR $30

RED FACTION
Priced at Game express for $19.99
WILLING TO SELL FOR $5

TONY HAWK'S ~ UNDERGROUND
Priced at Game express for $51.99
WILLING TO SELL FOR $25

The funniest one is GT3. Not only does he put some outrageous retail price, his price is actually $6 more than it!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL It amazes me what one can do with black permanent marker and a 5th grade edumacation in the US. :whistle2:X And that's ALL I've gotta say about THAT.[/quote]
Bottle of whiteout > Sharpee for console customization IMO. Ever see a white Xbox? Takes a lot of white-out.

LOL I can't say I have, but I know someone posted a seperate thread about a 'blinged out'(wrapped in aluminum foil) N64 a while back. I couldn't stop laughing.

[quote name='vicious7171']Now THAT makes me sad for humanity. Back when I worked at a game shop we sold THUG and GT3 for $3 each.[/quote]

Nice... that's not even a retail GT3, but the bundle pack-in from a few years back.

LOL And that's about the only places he'll get offers from. I know as soon as I changed my CL ads to say 'LOCAL BUYERS ONLY' all the scammers STOPPED. Of course, now NO ONE has replied to my ads. Oh well....

[quote name='dinovelvet']I thought this one was pretty good. Its the right combination of atrocious spelling & grammar, and an appalling item to begin with.

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/ele/352382199.html[/quote]

m_fe289eeb07255bc8798f0bd12f383c3f.jpg

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=178506309

How about douchebaggery?

I called this lady because she had an ad for a Gamecube and 15 games for $65, good deal, but the games weren't listed. So I asked her if I can get her email so I can get a list.

Later on, instead of getting a list I get, "I SOLD IT!"

fucking douche.

bread's done
Back