Transformers The Game - Gen. Disscussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Update 6/27: My Review :D

Ok had plenty of time to test it out heres my take on it.

The game is a mixture of a Driving/Shooter/Beat-em-up/Platform. The transformations are really smooth, really fun to transform back and forth from robot to car. I would say its like Hulk Ultimate Destruction, meets Crackdown!

Car mode: Can take a bit to get used to, specially with such a close camera angle, you don't have the option to zoom out. As your driving you can press the LT for nitrus that will give you a long boost of speed as you hold it, you can use your machine guns with the RT and shoot what looks like grenade launchers with RB.

Robot mode:
Feels a little slower, specially compared to driving, could use an option to sprint, but then again, you could always transform into a car. Virtually anything in the game you can pick up with the B button, trees, lightposts, signs, vehicles...etc. Jumping towards a building, will have your robot grip sides of the building and you can climb up and on top of them. The same 2 weapons are available in robot mode, machine guns and grenade launchers, same buttons, RT and RB. Only difference here is that you can block with LT and melee with X. There's really no combos, moves are limited to 3-4 hits.

The Levels: Are open ended to a point...you have a big area to explore and you have color indicators like Midnight Club Dub along with a radar to guide you to your next mission or side missions/mini games. There are items scattered throughout the levels, items that look like energon, Autobot/Decepticon logo icons, and side mission/mini games icons. There are 100 energon looking cubes per map, collecting these unlocks various bonuses like movie screenshots, comic covers, movie trailers and G1 skins. You can explore the level as much as you want and cause destruction, but once you start a mission, it gets harder with tons of enemies coming at you. When playing the Decepticon missions, its a total blast (pun intended), its pure mindless destruction, its great to see everyting around you being blown to bits and the aftermath of walking around a burning, torn down city.

Enviroments/Enemies:
Everything is virtually destructible and when you are fighting enemies and getting tossed into buildings, you really get a sense of destructions, building walls fall appart, buildings catch on fire, you can kick cars, shoot them, pick them up and throw them. The destruction alone is awesome to experience. The game features, transforming drones that attack you throughout the level as well as the cops and Sector 7 agents via car, tanks, helicopters...etc. Most of these are pretty easy, but can get challenging, when you have a screen full of them all aiming at you. I haven't experienced any slowdown at all, and I've had tons of explosions going on as well as a bunch of vehicles driving around.

Downsides:
Collision detection, needs work, it won't really affect how you play that much, but it can be quite disturbing when your driving 80mph into a tree and come to a complete stop, you can't move around it unless you reverse or transform and move away. The camera is pretty good, but when you're in a tree surrounded area, you can lose sight of your hero/villan quick. Being able to choose what Autobot or Decepticon you want to use to replay a mission would have been cool.

In Closing: If youre a hard core or a regular TF fan, definately pick this game up. If you are curious about the game, I'd say wait till it hits the $30 mark. Its not the best game out there, but its definately fun and satisfies my Transformers needs for now.

If you guys have any questions let me know.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0o1WegIpFVk[/media] [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5YQ3ZjjJEWc[/media] __________
Update 6/19: Boss Battle Ironhide vs. Blackout

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-EOfO_qwPg[/media] High res: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/805/805121/vids_1.html

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-qUbNLffY[/media] High Res: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13736/Transformers-The-Game-Opening-Cinematic/

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/transformersthegame/
_________
Update 6/12: Trailer #2: Deception

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XmXUlbWxzqk[/media]
HighRes: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13671/Transformers-The-Game-Deception-Trailer-in-HD/
_________
Update 6/8:

Although the game is not out, here's the Target codes to unlock "Hidden Surprises":

Enter any of these codes on the "NEW GAME" "CAMPAIGN" selection screen to unlock hidden surprises:

D = Down, U = Up, L = Left, R = Right

During any Optimus Prime mission enter the following:

D, D, D, U, U, R, R, R

During any Starscream mission enter the following:

R, D, L, L, D, U, U

During any Jazz mission enter the following:

L, U, D, D, L, U, R

http://transformers.target.com.edgesuite.net/img/GEN_1.pdf

_________
Update 6/5: Peter Cullen, voice of Optimus Prime behind the scenes interview:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdF6_lSrh4[/media] _________
Update 6/1: New gameplay video/behind the scenes

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UJXfSlYCsEw[/media] __________
Update 5/7: Cybertron Edition Cover Art & Contents​

But we know you're not content with mere proof of its existence, so peep the details of the EB Games / Gamestop-exclusive Transformer the Game: Cybertron Edition
  • Bonus unlockable levels:
    Bonus code to unlock two 'Cybertron' levels, one for each side in the game (Autobot and Decepticon)​
  • Bonus Content Disc:
    Behind-the-Scenes Interviews and B-Roll from movie and game talent:
    Peter Cullen (original Optimus Prime, Optimus Prime in game and film)
    Frank Welker (original Megatron, Megatron in game)​
  • "Making of" features with the game's development teams from Traveler's Tales and Activision and Flint Dille, writer on the original Transformers series and consultant on the Transformers game.
    Film content including movie trailers and TV spots.​
  • Prequel Comic Book:
    Volume 1 of 4 official movie prequel comic books.
    Designed by Transformers artist legend, Don Figueroa. Published by IDG comics.
    Storyline: Tells the back-story of the battle between Autobots and Decepticons on Cybertron, as well as the importance of the All-Spark cube and how it was lost.
    Limited Edition Packaging
    Special packaging featuring classic Transformers icons and images of Cybertron.​
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/07/transformers-cybertron-edition-rolls-out-for-xbox-360-details/ - Thanks deadite76!

Preorder Links​

_____________________​

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbFRgJBNrkg[/media]
Higher Res:​

[quote name='deadite76']Official trailer is up at IGN:[/quote] [quote name='deadite76']

[/quote]

Game Info:​

Sign up for updates and a chance to participate in the web game Beta and win prizes.​

Legendary voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, the original voices of OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON from the first TRANSFORMERS animated series, are set to star as the lead characters in TRANSFORMERS: The Game, from Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), developed under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS).​

Previews:​

The game makes great use of the world the movie creates, plops some solid looking robot models into the mix, and delivers the same destructible environments as a game like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, minus some of the speed and solidarity. Still, the general entertainment in cruising through city streets, beating the hell out of enemy robots, or driving in a stealth "robots in disguise" mode to avoid panicking police is still a blast. It may not be the classic 80's game we imagined so many years ago, but it's definitely a good first step in winning us over into the new look and feel of the franchise. We're hoping to see a bit more frenzied action added into the mix, as the lack of killing humans makes for mainly vehicle/vehicle combat when dealing with police, and the addition of more character-based attacks or power-ups to look forward to is always a nice top-off as well.

---------​

Game is taking good shape from the looks and sounds of it. It could use better textures, its still early so here's hoping.​

Those non-player models really took a hit in the detail department .
They look worse than Burnout traffic .

This game needs a kick-ass demo .

I am looking forward to the movie .

It's going to take alot for me to get excited about this game. I played Hulk UD for about 5 minutes before I realized that it's not my kind of game. I just can't see where they'd be able to incorporate alot of fun into the game.

Thanks to whatever mod decided to do the thumbnails. Didnt have a chance and my connections with imageshack.us are pretty iffy here at work.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Are you sure those are from the 360 version Linkin? I swear I saw some on Gamespot, but they were for the Wii.[/quote]

Don't know...got them from a X360 site, also Teamxbox.com has the same pictures up. Those are the only pics available from the official site, and they don't specify what system those screens came from....so um...I don't know.

Teamxbox.com preview recap:

We recently had a chance to check out the video game adaptation of the Transformers film (titled, surprisingly, Transformers: The Game), and it appears to be shaping up nicely. The film and game’s storyline follows the Transformers mythology: Two warring factions (the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons) from the planet Cybertron are battling over Allspark, the substance that keeps them running. Naturally, their war spills onto Earth, which has its own stores of Allspark. While the movie is focused more on the human characters caught between the two factions, the game is all about the Transformers themselves.

Thanks to a collaboration between the filmmakers and developer Traveler’s Tales, the Transformers in the game look almost identical to their filmic counterparts. We only had a chance to check out three of the characters (Autobot Bumblebee and Decepticons Blackout and Barricade), each of which looked incredibly detailed. The majority of the game revolves around combat, both hand-to-hand and ranged. For instance, Bumblebee can fire small rockets at his target, as well as punch and kick them. You can also use parts of the environment as weapons, including vehicles and signs.

As you might expect from a game in which towering robots fight each other in the middle of towns, there’s an awful lot of destruction in Transformers: The Game. The environments are very destructible, as characters can turn a building into a pile of rubble with a shot from their weapons. As I mentioned previously, there’s a segment in which you’ve actually got to obliterate an entire military base. While you can run around on foot, punching and shooting the buildings into dust, it’s much easier to fly over and fire rockets down like rain.

As far as movie tie-ins go, it looks like Transformers: The Game will be one of the better ones. The Transformers themselves look excellent, almost as if they’ve been taken directly from the film itself. Of course, that’s probably because they essentially were. We were also very happy to hear that Peter Cullen and Frank Welker will be doing voiceover work on the game, as they were the ones who originally voiced Optimus Prime and Megatron in the animated series. Everyone’s favorite robots are back, and they’re still more than meets the eye.
Full Preview: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1585/Transformers-The-Game/p1/

New Images:

1177085797.jpg

1177085795.jpg

fucking awesome. Transformers on the PS2 was great, but this is 100x better. Games tend to look and play pretty well with good collaboration. The most recent one that didn't fair to well IMHO was King Kong.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Don't know...got them from a X360 site, also Teamxbox.com has the same pictures up. Those are the only pics available from the official site, and they don't specify what system those screens came from....so um...I don't know.[/QUOTE]

No worries. I was mainly asking because I wanted to avoid the disappointment of hearing that those screens are confirmed to be from the 360/PS3...caz boy...they're ugly.

[quote name='Richlough']
This game needs a kick-ass demo .

I am looking forward to the movie .[/quote]

True that. I am really looking forward to the movie. Then again Bumblebee not being a VW bug is still boiling my blood.

Thanks for the screens - I hope the game doesn't suck.

As for the movie, I think too many people are taking it personally. My friend writes tranfsormer fanfics and he's even going into it with an open and eager mind.

The online game Battle for the All Spark is now taking registrations on the official site:

http://www.transformersgame.com/

Here's details on the web game:

Tied with the launch of the official Transformers: The Game (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, two titles on DS, and PC) web site, the online multiplayer gaming experience for the fans of the highly-awaited movie and game of the same name also announced, in an official press release, the coming of its own launch. Located within the bowels of the main Transformers web site, the game will allow skilled players to pick sides and duel in one-on-one skirmishes.

For every win, players will receive corresponding points for themselves and their alliance. High scorers will be awarded special prizes every week and every month, while the alliance with the highest score receives control of the AllSpark. With the AllSpark in either the Autobots or Decepticons' hands, the empowered alliance will be granted access to special sections of the site. The alliance without the AllSpark will be locked out of those same sections.

The game is currently entering an upcoming Beta, and all interested gamers must register themselves, pledge allegiance to the Decepticons or the Autobots, select their bot, choose a battlefield and battle for control of the AllSpark. All these will happen in real-time.

Not all gamers will be deserving of stepping up to the challenge, as the Beta of the web game will select the players worthy of testing out the game. So transform and roll out to the official web site and get a chance to be the first to try out the web game. As of publication, however, Activision has not activated the registration system yet. Keep an ear out for announcements on that.

http://xbox360.qj.net/The-Battle-fo...ame-launches-UPDATE-/pg/49/aid/90715#comments

Eh, any movie game automatically gets a "wait for reviews from review sites / mags" flag. The only exception is Spider-Man 3, but that's because it's based on a solid engine, made by a reputable company and has been in development for 3+ years.

As you might expect from a game in which towering robots fight each other in the middle of towns, there’s an awful lot of destruction in Transformers: The Game. The environments are very destructible, as characters can turn a building into a pile of rubble with a shot from their weapons. As I mentioned previously, there’s a segment in which you’ve actually got to obliterate an entire military base. While you can run around on foot, punching and shooting the buildings into dust, it’s much easier to fly over and fire rockets down like rain.
Sounds alot like another game I played recently ... oh yeah, Mech Assault. I hope the game proves me wrong, but at this point I haven't read anything that seems fun about it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks Deadite76, wonder what goodies we'll get with this.[/QUOTE]

The goodies are:

Bonus unlockable levels:

Bonus code to unlock two 'Cybertron' levels, one for each side in the game(Autobot and Decepticon)

Bonus Content Disc:

Behind-the-Scenes Interviews and B-Roll from movie and game talent:
Shia Labeouf, Megan Fox, Peter Cullen (original Optimus Prime, Optimus Prime in game and film), Frank Welker (original Megatron, Megatron in game)

"Making of" features with the game's development teams from Traveler's Tales and Activision and Flint Dille, writer on the original Transformers series and consultant on the Transformers game.

Film content including movie trailers and TV spots.

Prequel Comic Book:

Volume 1 of 4 official movie prequel comic books.
Designed by Transformers artist legend, Don Figueroa. Published by IDG comics.
Storyline: Tells the back-story of the battle between Autobots and Decepticons on Cybertron, as well as the importance of the All-Spark cube and how it was lost.

Limited Edition Packaging:
Special packaging featuring classic Transformers icons and images of Cybertron.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/07/transformers-cybertron-edition-rolls-out-for-xbox-360-details/

Looks like we have another exclusive:

Get the Target Exclusive Transformers Videogame with Decoders to Find Hidden Codes Unlocking Exclusive Generation One Skins, Including OPTIMUS PRIME; Protect or Destroy - the Choice is Yours
• Control the Outcome in the Battle for Earth this Summer with Transformers, the Official Game of the Upcoming Blockbuster Film; Protect Civilization as Autobots or Destroy it as Decepticons as You Lead the Transformers in the Epic Battle for Control of Planet Earth
• Instantly Morph from a Robot to a Vehicle; Drive, Fly or Shoot; Play as an Army of Characters and Utilize Their Unique Abilities; Every Object in the Game World Can be Crushed and Wrecked or Even Used as Weapons; Engage in Melee or Long-Ranged Combat with Attacks Unique to Each Character
• Console Video Game
• For Xbox 360

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...6/601-8931082-4180910?ie=UTF8&asin=B000QD9I9U

Hopefully those codes are just ingame codes that we can later find on Gamefaqs.com

[quote name='craven_fiend']But didn't Activision also make Ultimate Alliance?[/QUOTE]

But Ultimate Alliance wasn't a movie tie-in that had a rushed release date...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']But Ultimate Alliance wasn't a movie tie-in that had a rushed release date...[/quote]

Ahh, I see where he's coming from now.

But in defense of Transformers, it was a different developer. Hopefully it turns out good, but I guess I'll find out next month or when a demo is released.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Ahh, I see where he's coming from now.

But in defense of Transformers, it was a different developer. Hopefully it turns out good, but I guess I'll find out next month or when a demo is released.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, see Spider-man 3 really shows some potential of a better game but it quite obviously needed some more development time.

The fact that there's a demo for Transformers may indicate that it wasn't quite as rushed.

This is only published by Activision. Traveller's Tales actually did the development.
They are the company that also developed the Lego Star Wars games, so I do have some hope......

[quote name='craven_fiend']Ahh, I see where he's coming from now.

But in defense of Transformers, it was a different developer. Hopefully it turns out good, but I guess I'll find out next month or when a demo is released.[/quote]

Demo? I missed that. When's the demo.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Demo? I missed that. When's the demo.[/QUOTE]
Heh, I was just going along with what Craven said about a demo. I guess maybe there isn't one?

Here's the youtube vid for those who can't see Gametrailers...like me :cry: (at work)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdF6_lSrh4[/media]

[quote name='javeryh']So is this game going to be any good?[/quote]

Its made by Travellers Tales who put out Lego Star Wars so I'm hoping its good. Everything I've seen in videos, screenshots and everything I read points to a more than decent game experience. Hope its great though. Picking up on launch day, already have my Cybertron Edition reserved.

bread's done
Back