FREE CAG "PLAY CHEAP" Rubber Bracelets - Send your SASEs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
9/13 UPDATE: Send your SASE's!

Get your "Free" CAG "Play Cheap" Bracelets
Not exactly free, will cost you 2 stamps

Send a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) to:

CAG
P.O. Box 354
Merrick, NY 11566

You'll need 2xEnvelopes and 2x$0.41 stamps
If you live outside of the USA, do not affix postage on Envelope 1.
sase.jpg

Writen instructions, just in-case.
Step by step instructions:

1. You'll need two envelopes and two $0.41 first-class stamps.

2. On Envelope 1, in the middle of the envelope, write your
name and address (just like you are planning to mail yourself
a letter). Put our return address in the upper left corner.

3. Stick one stamp in the upper right
corner of Envelope 1. Do not seal Envelope 1!
If you live outside of the USA, do not affix postage on Envelope 1.

4. On Envelope 2, in the middle of the envelope, write our
address as follows:
CAG
P.O. Box 354
Merrick, NY 11566

Put your return address in the upper left corner.
5. Stick one stamp in the upper right corner of Envelope 2.

6. Fold Envelope 1 so that it can be inserted into Envelope 2.

7. Insert Envelope 1 into Envelope 2. Seal Envelope 2.

8. Mail Envelope 2 (which now contains Envelope 1) to us.

PLEASE, ONE BRACELET PER HOUSEHOLD. IF WE HAVE EXTRAS, YOU CAN DOUBLE DIP LATER.

Bracelets look like this, but say PLAY CHEAP, not Live Cheap
livecheap1.jpg
livecheap2.jpg

Previous discussion on PLAY CHEAP vs LIVE CHEAP
I want to order up a big bunch of those LIVE STRONG type bracelets (from this website) to give away as promotional items.
I ordered up a test batch to check the quality and they came out pretty good.

The only question is, do you prefer:

LIVE CHEAP
or
PLAY CHEAP

Please vote using the polling system at the top of this thread. I think I'm leaning toward PLAY CHEAP but I can be easily swayed.

livecheap1.jpg
livecheap2.jpg

I voted live cheap, the site represents a cheap ass deal lifestyle, not just video games...but is mainly focused ON games... either way, live cheap :p

1 vote for live cheap. I like that its similar to livestrong, kinda funny. Play cheap sounds like kick some one in the nuts or just something weak. you know what i mean?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Play Cheap.

Does this mean they won't be for sale? :'[

I'd wear one.[/quote]

I'm planning on ordering a large number and giving them away for free to any CAGs who want one. I'll probably ask CAGs to send us a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope)....

there should be neither option. Play cheap, sorta refers to "playing cheap" like camping, or spawn killing.
Live Cheap would be better, but it still makes us sound frugal, and not really into video games as much as we are into red light specials.

Interesting, and I understand what they are for, but I'm not a fan of these bracelets.

I'd rather see some CAG gashopons (cheapy and wombat bobble heads?) or on the flip-side, something actually useful that could be gaming-related (CAG styluses? CAG PSP/UMD cases?).

Just my $0.02 cent. Or 3yen...

I like Live Cheap. CAG's not only "Play Cheap" but we pass cheapness along all aspects of our lives. "Live Cheap" is the better choice.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm planning on ordering a large number and giving them away for free to any CAGs who want one. I'll probably ask CAGs to send us a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope)....[/quote]

Oh damn, that's even better :lol:

I'd definitely buy one, either style. Great idea.

Play Cheap... Play Cheap means I like cheap games while Live Cheap implies that I buy a lot of shitty stuff and live in my own filth. That's a little too cheap for my blood.

From a branding standpoint the choice is perfectly clear. What does living have to do with playing games? I understand the "living as a cheap ass gamer" or the take on the "Livestrong" branding.

But since this site is about video games, and playing said games that you have purchased at a cheap price, I think
Play Cheap is the better choice.

[quote name='Chacrana']Play Cheap... Play Cheap means I like cheap games while Live Cheap implies that I buy a lot of shitty stuff and live in my own filth. That's a little too cheap for my blood.[/quote] :applause:Nailed it, "Play Cheap" is definitely better, "Live cheap" sounds trashy.

[quote name='willardhaven']Ouch, neither.

Not meant to be rude, but I find them out of place when not used for a disease of some sort.

I'm probably in the minority.[/quote]

Bah, you people and your sensitivity to things, and stuff.

[quote name='willardhaven']Ouch, neither.

Not meant to be rude, but I find them out of place when not used for a disease of some sort.

I'm probably in the minority.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Kinda tacky.

Not to mention these things jumped the shark when "Git-R-Done" bracelets started appearing at every gas station.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I guess I didn't even realize people still wore these things...[/quote]

Maybe it's regional? I remember everyone had these my freshman year of college, but that was two years ago.

I haven't seen anybody with on in quite some time.

I definitely want one of these, they are very cool. I don't really care which saying is on it either way.

I have a Nintendo official bracelet that was given to me from a friend in the UK and a custom one I had made up from a seller on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back