Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Gen Discussion & Info

Weedy649

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Condemned 2 Bloodshot was officially announced today at Sega's Gamer Day.

Ive yet to beat the first one(actually just got it back from lending it to a friend). Its also coming to PS3 this time around. Hopefully they'll have a full 1000 set this time around :eek:

Edit: IGN says its coming in early 2008 and will have several online modes!!!

[quote name='IGN']The follow up to the well received Condemned: Criminal Origins has finally been officially announced by SEGA. Condemned 2: Bloodshot continues the first-person, hand-to-hand combat horror experience in early 2008 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. Once again, Monolith will be responsible for developing the title, ensuring that the same level of creepiness will make it into the sequel.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot puts players in the identity of Ethan Thomas, a former Serial Crimes Unit investigator. His former partner has gone missing, forcing him to be called back to duty. Ethan's disturbing past has left him a shell of his former self, described by SEGA as a "desperate burnout" who is forced to fight inner demons throughout his investigation.

The sequel will feature an new fighting system that adds defensive and offensive combos along with grapples and holds to the already present arsenal of firearms and blunt tools. New forensic tools are also being promised that allow murders to be solved in a number of different ways.

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the announcement is that Condemned 2: Bloodshot will include several online multiplayer modes, including a deathmatch variant. Get your arms ready to swing pipes online.[/quote]

Condemned was an excellent game... I hope the sequal can maintain its quality standard. Maybe they should grab the Darkness engine from Starbreeze; the games look like they share a lot of qualities as far as mood and lighting are concerned.

[quote name='Wombat']I so happy I could burst[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Now if only we could get a Second Sight sequel! Maybe something with Wii controls.

I wonder if the sequel will have the same pants-pissing effects that the first one did. I soiled myself several times!

big thumbs down to multiplayer. This game was the epitome of a single player experience. I'd hate to see the single player game suffer because time was spent on a half-assed MP experience.

Great news. I loved the first one and will definitely check this out. It's cool to see them continue the storyline of the original game.

Once again, Monolith will be responsible for developing the title, ensuring that the same level of creepiness will make it into the sequel.

Thank god for that! Playing Condemned several times through has numbed me to all other survival horror games. I wonder what they'll do to raise the bar.

Played and beat the first one. I was good but one thing that I don't get the ending. Could someone explain it to me. You know at the very end when the main char. looks at the mirror and you know what ^___^;

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So whatever happened to the missing achievement points of the first one?[/quote]

Well are they missing, there's a few games that don't have 1000 points.

I think the Achievement points were pretty glitched when this first came out, maybe they thought there was 1000, then patched it and dropped it to 970.

This is sweet news. I loved the first one mostly because of the great feeling combat and the unbelievably creepy atmosphere. Hopefully this new one will meet and exceed the first one's quality.

I don't need to know anything about it, other than it exists, and I know I want it. Condemned was easily my favorite 360 launch game, and one of those games that, 5 years from now, is gonna be looked at as a classic.

I could not be more excited about this game, condemened was easily one of the creepiest and most atmospheric games i have ever played.

I do not think the single player will be compromised in terms of multiplayer, monolith will probably have more of the same(which is a good thing) in the single player expirence with some new features added to it.

Here is to a Great 2008 that is already shaping up for the 360.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I don't need to know anything about it, other than it exists, and I know I want it. Condemned was easily my favorite 360 launch game, and one of those games that, 5 years from now, is gonna be looked at as a classic.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts.

Q-man(rumor page) in EGM mentioned this was in the works about a year ago. I wonder how far along the game is.

This is great. I'm all for more survival horror on the 360. Maybe Condemned will be the 360's Silent Hill. Hell, after the sequel, Condemned might be #2 only to Resident Evil.

man, I was playing this game thinking 'how awesome would it be to pop around a corner and wack your friend in the face with a crowbar or something on Live' and HERE WE ARE, MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

Now if we could get a release date for Alan Wake, we'd be set for horror/suspense games.

Can't wait til this comes out.

The absolute first 360 game that I bought, and one of only two games that I bought at full price and kept (the other being NFS: Most Wanted). I will buy this day one.

I played the game a little on PC and dug it. Now that I have a 360 and its went down in price, I am playing on picking this up and playing the first one soon.

I still have to finish the first. I play this game in spurts. Didn't think it sold that well, so this is great news. One of the creepiest games ever.

[quote name='Corvin']Amen to that. Now if only we could get a Second Sight sequel! Maybe something with Wii controls.[/quote]

Bah, everything SS did, MGS, 007:EoN, or Psi-Ops did better.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Bah, everything SS did, MGS, 007:EoN, or Psi-Ops did better.[/QUOTE]

Gameplay maybe. Story no. Especially comparing to Psi-Ops. Psi-Ops had better powers and was more fun to dick around with, but SS's story blew it out of the water and used the powers more to fit the story instead of just an arsenal of weapons.

Does that make sense?

Don't know how it compares to MGS, haven't played those.

SS had an alright story, but I pretty much figured the entire thing out since the first flashback.

The difference between SS's powers and Psi-Ops powers were pretty much "You become a master psychic dood." vs. "You are/were a master psychic dood." The story would have been pretty much the same without them.

I will grant you, though, that SS did provide a more interesting story than the average game (Beats MGS2's ;) ), and Free Radical, as usual, does Victorian architecture pretty well.

But, there's nothing in the gameplay there that is exemplary. Psi powers? Psi-Ops. Stealth and tranqing as an alternative to killing? MGS. Cover-based third-person shooting? EoN, though that sniper scope was pretty cool.

I tried the PC demo a long time ago and was disappointed so I might not play this one either. FEAR 2 on the other hand...

Multiplayer is a waste effort for a lot of these kind of games though. It's usually stuff people play the piss out of for about 2 hours and never go back. Games like Halo 3, Team Fortress 2, and Call of Duty 4 are going to make it an uphill battle for games to collect a persistent online crowd.

Apparently the trailer has been released. I had no idea it was out already, I just stumbled upon it on YouTube.

I cannot fucking wait to play this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5L6Dp1vndA&feature=user[/media]

Excellent ...

... kind of looks like they're stretching to tie it to the first, though -- not sure how one would get to this game after the ending(s) from the first game. And is that a new voice for Ethan?

[quote name='trq']Excellent ...

... kind of looks like they're stretching to tie it to the first, though -- not sure how one would get to this game after the ending(s) from the first game. And is that a new voice for Ethan?[/quote]

Yeah, that's a new voice. Don't care for it much :/

Honestly, I don't care if the story is any good. As long as I get to explore more grungy, abandoned, urban areas filled with depraved crack addicts, I'll be all set.

[quote name='trq']Excellent ...

... kind of looks like they're stretching to tie it to the first, though -- not sure how one would get to this game after the ending(s) from the first game. And is that a new voice for Ethan?[/quote]

its a new everything

[quote name='anomynous']Well the guy who voiced Ethan in the 1st one is Matt Parkman on Heroes, so he's probably busy.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Greg Grunberg was the voice of Ethan? That's awesome.

That trailer is pretty sweet. Did Ethan throw a baby in that trailer? :)

bread's done
Back