Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Gen Discussion & Info

Can someone post an article or something confirming that the April 4th delay was only for Europe? I'm still a bit worried, and I really don't want to go all the way to Best Buy tomorrow only to find out it's been delayed.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Can someone post an article or something confirming that the April 4th delay was only for Europe? I'm still a bit worried, and I really don't want to go all the way to Best Buy tomorrow only to find out it's been delayed.[/QUOTE]

??? Call Best Buy tomorrow?

Just check any US retailer's site. They still have it listed as shipping tomorrow.

Also you won't find it at Best Buy tomorrow. You won't find it anywhere until Wednesday.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
Also you won't find it at Best Buy tomorrow. You won't find it anywhere until Wednesday.[/quote]

:whistle2:s

Doesn't stuff usually come out on Tuesdays? What would push it to Wednesday?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']:whistle2:s

Doesn't stuff usually come out on Tuesdays? What would push it to Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Stuff almost always gets SHIPPED on Tuesday's, to prevent stores from selling it early. The stuff you see hit shelves on Tuesday's was shipped the weekend before, usually.

So the only stores that have a chance to be selling it tomorrow are the ones that are within driving distance of a distributor.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']:whistle2:s

Doesn't stuff usually come out on Tuesdays? What would push it to Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Games usually ship on Tuesday. Meaning they will be at the store usually the day after.

The only time games come out on there release date is if they are street dated, meaning they ship the game to the store early and they can't sell it until the specified date.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Stuff almost always gets SHIPPED on Tuesday's, to prevent stores from selling it early. The stuff you see hit shelves on Tuesday's was shipped the weekend before, usually.

So the only stores that have a chance to be selling it tomorrow are the ones that are within driving distance of a distributor.[/quote]

I think I'll still end up driving around looking for it. Some sites are listing it as being available in store on the 11th. I remember when Assassin's Creed came out, I called Toys R' Us and asked if they had it, and they told me 'not until tomorrow'. I called back about two minutes later and got a different guy, and he told me it was already on the shelf.

Worth a shot. I'm ready to beat up some babies.

I ordered it from Amazon w/ prime 2 day shipping... Unfortunately I won't get it till next monday for some strange reason. Kinda a bummer but Smash Brothers should hold me till then

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Just bought it. Time to turn off the lights, cover the windows, and pop it in the 360.[/QUOTE]

:D I'm jealous :( I won't pick it up til Friday or Saturday. Damn Work!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Just bought it. Time to turn off the lights, cover the windows, and pop it in the 360.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how it is.

I'm trying to trade Army of Two for it in the trading forums.

Just got it myself, about to sit down and play for a bit. Just to let you guys know, Fry's has it for $49.99 in their weekly ad (got it in the Atlanta Journal Constitution--I'm staying in GA for awhile) anyways I PM'd at BB and got the $10 gift card as well. So on top of saving $10 (more with my reward certs) I got a GC too. Not too bad. I don't have a scanner or I'd scan the ad.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Just got it myself, about to sit down and play for a bit. Just to let you guys know, Fry's has it for $49.99 in their weekly ad (got it in the Atlanta Journal Constitution--I'm staying in GA for awhile) anyways I PM'd at BB and got the $10 gift card as well. So on top of saving $10 (more with my reward certs) I got a GC too. Not too bad. I don't have a scanner or I'd scan the ad.[/QUOTE]

Here's the ad for SoCal people.

http://ads.ocregister.com/rop/web/ocr/subcategory.php?id=22&adid=20080310084716

Eh. I haven't even started playing it yet. As soon as I got home, I had a horrible (and completely understandable) urge to play Brawl. I've been playing it up until now. I'm currently eating my dinner, but as soon as I'm done, I'll load it up and post impressions.

The first level better not be any indication of the rest of the game.

The entire level is fucking dark filled with some "evil" that's growing around the city. You'll encounter lots of tar-covered silhouettes that make a gross squish sound when you hit them and they explode. Near the end of the level, everything is covered in the black shit, things come down at you from the ceiling and it's just generally what-the-fuck-is-going-on.

NOTE TO SEGA: PEOPLE COVERED IN BLACK TAR-LIKE SUBSTANCES IN ALREADY DARK VIDEO GAMES LEADS TO FRUSTRATION

The combat and mechanics are the same, the combo strings are really awesome, combat is there, and now you can basically bum-rush people (run, hit attack and he basically elbows/shoves them).

I'm about to start the second level and hope it gets better.. The first one was great with the creepiness factor, but the aforementioned stuff just made the first level extremely unrealistic.

//edit: The second level is much better. It goes back to the basics: dark hallways, ambient noises, screams and footsteps from somewhere in the distance and louder as they approach.. this is the Condemned I know and love. I jumped so hard at one moment that the controller almost flew out of my hands.. awesome!

This game is AWESOME......looking while in the sealed Case, Im hesistant to opening it even though I got Condemned 1 for free with it

[quote name='Scorch']The first level better not be any indication of the rest of the game.

The entire level is fucking dark filled with some "evil" that's growing around the city. You'll encounter lots of tar-covered silhouettes that make a gross squish sound when you hit them and they explode. Near the end of the level, everything is covered in the black shit, things come down at you from the ceiling and it's just generally what-the-fuck-is-going-on.

NOTE TO SEGA: PEOPLE COVERED IN BLACK TAR-LIKE SUBSTANCES IN ALREADY DARK VIDEO GAMES LEADS TO FRUSTRATION

The combat and mechanics are the same, the combo strings are really awesome, combat is there, and now you can basically bum-rush people (run, hit attack and he basically elbows/shoves them).

I'm about to start the second level and hope it gets better.. The first one was great with the creepiness factor, but the aforementioned stuff just made the first level extremely unrealistic.[/QUOTE]

From what I have been reading they really take this game to a whole new level on the sci fi shit. In Condemned I really liked the first 3/4 of the game when you are solving the murder plot and fighting random doped up thugs. Then when you start to fight the crazy shit with the metal jaws and teeth it really starts to go downhill for me. I hope 2 isn't all filled with that shit. But like I said from what I have been reading it seems so. :(

[quote name='pimpinc333']
From what I have been reading they really take this game to a whole new level on the sci fi shit. In Condemned I really liked the first 3/4 of the game when you are solving the murder plot and fighting random doped up thugs. Then when you start to fight the crazy shit with the metal jaws and teeth it really starts to go downhill for me. I hope 2 isn't all filled with that shit. But like I said from what I have been reading it seems so. :(
[/quote]

If this is the case, I'll have no problem returning it. I want more of the stuff from Condemned, not insane sci-fi stuff

[quote name='Scorch']If this is the case, I'll have no problem returning it. I want more of the stuff from Condemned, not insane sci-fi stuff[/QUOTE]

If you check the screen shots from EGM thats basically what they posted. There is also a screen of a big Metal Boss?!!? WTF?!?! lol It seems Ethan is becomign a super hero or some shit.

I hope I like the game though :D

I'm in the middle of the second level, and it's standard Condemned action thankfully. I do agree that the first level was kind of disappointing. Shit was TOO dark. Hopefully there aren't many more areas that are covered in that black stuff.

Just finished the first level. I agree with all the posts above me. I can't see a fucking thing. I had to turn up the brightness on the game, and it was still to dark.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the first level, however. New combat mechanics are great, everything is still completely fubar. I don't know what difficulty setting you guys are playing on, but I died five times in the first level, on normal. I played the first game on normal and didn't have too much trouble until the later levels, but so far, this game seems considerably harder than the first.

Also, I recommend adjusting the sound before you start playing. The music is fucking loud as hell, I could barely hear what anyone was saying.

I'm going to check out the multi-player now.

Alright, multi-player is pretty much worthless. Most people didn't even bother picking up weapons, they just ran around like idiots wildly throwing their fists in the air. According to most review sites, there's only one good multi-player mode, and nobody was playing it. The maps are tiny, and there's juuust enough lag to make your attacks inaccurate. If you're planning on buying this game, don't have high hopes for the multi-player.

I forgot to ask. Are the sound effects acting all wonkey for for anybody else? Some of the sound effects seem to be....missing. For instance, during single player, a bum was shattering a window, and there was no shattering noise. It just broke silently while a bum came rushing through. This might just be because my 360 was acting strange when I put the disk in (disk started spinning slowly, then fast, then slow, etc).

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Also, I recommend adjusting the sound before you start playing. The music is fucking loud as hell, I could barely hear what anyone was saying.[/QUOTE]

I agree on this-- I'm not playing on a 5.1 setup at the moment, and the sound is messed up substantially. I had to turn the subbies on just so I could figure out what the fuck was going on.

Played some of the Fight Club training-- thats pretty awesome actually, the guns seem fine- but with the current sound set up, the gun sounds are WAYYY off-- shit the .38 doesn't even make a noise. Getting much better with the melee/fist bumrush combos, which is both a good and a bad thing. It makes the combat much more engaging, but at the same time I'm not as scared running into hobo hot zones-- knowing that I can throw a brick at their dome and then tackle them and break their arm without much effort.

Multiplayer is actually pretty fun- Deathmatch is a total cluster fuck, but crime scene and survival are really fun (don't let the SCU guys get Assault Rifles though, they're overpowered to the max).

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Multiplayer is actually pretty fun- Deathmatch is a total cluster fuck, but crime scene and survival are really fun (don't let the SCU guys get Assault Rifles though, they're overpowered to the max).[/quote]

I would love to play crime-scene. But the only games available were deathmatches :(

Are the sound effects acting all wonkey for for anybody else? Some of the sound effects seem to be....missing.

Not that I noticed, but there's an instance where there's a guy on a megaphone from a helicopter that sounded dialed in.. sounded horrible. I think it may be your 360.

[quote name='Scorch']

//edit: The second level is much better. It goes back to the basics: dark hallways, ambient noises, screams and footsteps from somewhere in the distance and louder as they approach.. this is the Condemned I know and love. I jumped so hard at one moment that the controller almost flew out of my hands.. awesome![/QUOTE]

Ok this sounds good. I may pick it up tomorrow after work and screw around with the MP. My nephew wants me to play this when he goes on Easter Vacation. Can't touch the SP til Sat but playing the MP and going after them achievements should be fun.

Thanks for the info guys :D

[quote name='Scorch']Not that I noticed, but there's an instance where there's a guy on a megaphone from a helicopter that sounded dialed in.. sounded horrible. I think it may be your 360.[/quote]

That's not good. Half the fun of scary games are the sound effects. The ambient noises, whispering behind you, and especially the 'jump out' moments. Hopefully it won't be so fucked up next time I turn it on.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']We should get a game together for crime scene. If we have enough people that is.[/quote]

I'm all for it, although, so far at least, it looks like me, you, KwanzaaTimmy and Scorch are the only CAGs playing...

I'm down for it. Gonna have some magic hour time with the single player though now that its dark and I can crank up the sound a bit.

I just hope Meijer has it tomorrow. Tried today with no luck. Although it was probably in a box in the back because that store doesn't give two shits about running an efficient entertainment department.

How is the combat in this game? Just about every review I've read seems to say it's an improvement over the first, but I have my concerns. See, in the first game enemies only took about 3 hits or so each, so the game flowed really well. In this game you have to use your fists much of the time and build up combos, which makes it sound as if enemies take more hits. I'm all for a high difficulty, but the truth of the matter is that once you're engaged in a fight it no longer becomes scary. The scary part is between fights when you know an enemy will soon pop out but you don't know when or from where. It sounds like this could be a case of Prince of Persia 2 where the combat system has a lot more depth, but it also has a lot more combat overall, making it get old faster. I thought even the first Condemned had at least a wee bit too much fighting and this sounds like it could be worse. So for those who have played it, does it still flow as quickly and is it as scary as the first, or is it more action oriented and less about scares?

The fighting is definitely more involved, but I haven't noticed fights taking any longer than the first game. There's just a lot more variation in what you can do. In fact, fights are over more quickly a lot of the time since you have some devestating combos at your disposal.

I'm not a big fan of the new combat system. I think it has taken a bit away from the overall game and honestly... clicking the left stick for cross punches = frustration on my part. Also, both triggers for blocking? I liked how in the first one, it was attack with one button, block with the other. It worked pretty well and honestly was the best part of that combat system.

All in all, it's not a horrible game-it's just not the best game, either.

I played through the first few levels earlier tonight and I'm really enjoying the game. I didn't really have a problem with the first level being so dark, the first game was pretty dark in a lot of areas too. I didn't notice it to the point where it was a problem. Maybe it was my TV, not sure.

I really like the investigative stuff in this one. Not gonna spoil anything but the in-depth responses and evidence finding is fun (to me at least). The combat at certain times can be a little frustrating especially on the hard difficulty and having no weapon. I think the game is solid though, definitely glad I picked it up (so far).

bread's done
Back