- - - - -

GrimGrimoire preorder bonuses from NISA

Poll: Which package will you preorder (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Which package will you preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10952 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Distributed by Koei? Thats bizzare. Like Roufuss said - Everything that NIS has PUBLISHED has dropped. They're no Atlus (and Even Atlus hasnt published anything mindnumbingly rare since DDS1 in 2005)

I like supporting them an awful lot, but it seems this time they're straight up taking advantage of their fans.

#62 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

Koei has been distributing NIS games for awhile now, and they publish a lot of Atlus's games in Europe.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#63 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3423 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

has anyone gotten this game? I ordered it from buy.com, but it has yet to ship (and now shows unavailable on their website) and other sites (amazon for example) either show it not yet or not at all.
I see there are still many copies up on rosenqueen, but haven't since this in a store either. Wondering if it is delayed.

#64 fatbeer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

has anyone gotten this game? I ordered it from buy.com, but it has yet to ship (and now shows unavailable on their website) and other sites (amazon for example) either show it not yet or not at all.
I see there are still many copies up on rosenqueen, but haven't since this in a store either. Wondering if it is delayed.

Don't jump to conclusion so fast . If you package didn't ship, it probably just buy's crappy service. I know a mom and pop store that could of gotten both Hoshigami and GrimGrimoire yesterday, but they decided to pick it up today since there are many new release yesterday and bill total were too expensive. Like any other store, rpg sales are really bad. I think yesterday releases included those two, the bigs, harry potter, overlord, darkness, transformer, the hour of victory, final fantasy i psp, ratatouile and pokemon revolution.

Anyway, I got a delivery notification from NIS today, that my package have been shipped. I'm going to bet it's coming to my doorstep one weak later. That's how long it took for my last order of Artlier Iris 3, UPS ground from California to NY is pretty slow. I'm not too impatient I got to many games to play in meantime
Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 eau   KP-X 00-00-00-00-1 CAGiversary!   7301 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

If anyone preordered the Silver Star Special package, please post a picture of what the postcard package really looks like in real life when it arrives. I'm curious as to what that folder thing is made of, and whether it's worth the extra money.

Posted Image

#66 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7042 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

aw man I cant wait to get my hand on this:

Posted Image

I dont even have the time and money for this game, but I want dat clock!!

#67 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

The crazy thing is, I went to two Gamestop's today, both only received two copies a piece and had already sold 1. One store told me that they aren't stocking this one in big numbers since it's a niche title on a "dead" system, and this was a store that generally gets big numbers of everything, niche or not since they are a big volume store.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#68 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

I got the game, but I've been too busy with The Darkness to try it yet T.T

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#69 fatbeer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

someone on ebay posted some pictures of extra content.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 Allnatural   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1213 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Allnatural

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

The crazy thing is, I went to two Gamestop's today, both only received two copies a piece and had already sold 1. One store told me that they aren't stocking this one in big numbers since it's a niche title on a "dead" system, and this was a store that generally gets big numbers of everything, niche or not since they are a big volume store.

Seems to be the same story in my area. GS's store locator shows 1-3 copies (which, in my experience, means only one copy) at some locations. The one I went to said they only received the one copy. Obviously I didn't buy it.

BB's site shows it arriving next week. I'l pick it up there.

#71 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19813 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

Got mine today. Dont know if i am going to start since I am really enjoying Rogue Galaxy

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#72 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3423 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

buy.com order canceled, probably go amazon.com

#73 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

my ebgames has my preorder, surprisingly, I am the only person that preordered it so they only got one copy. I guess EB decided that this game wasn't going to be a hot seller and decided to only fulfill preorders.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#74 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

I've been playing it a bit, and it's quite fun. I love the art design so much, and the story is interesting so far.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#75 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19813 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

Got through the first 5 days. Pretty good so far

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#76 eau   KP-X 00-00-00-00-1 CAGiversary!   7301 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

Got mine today. Dont know if i am going to start since I am really enjoying Rogue Galaxy

Did you order the one with the bonus postcards? How's the quality of the postcards, especially of the folder thing that holds the postcards?

#77 Starky27   RPG Hoarder CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

Did you order the one with the bonus postcards? How's the quality of the postcards, especially of the folder thing that holds the postcards?

They're real postcards printed on heavy weight paper. The outside 'book' is a little thicker, but the binding is so tight I dare not try and open this thing too much in case the cards are designed to fall out easily...

Also, found a thread on GameFAQs that indicate they screwed up on the Soundtrack CD...

http://boards.gamefa...&topic=36361482

#78 eau   KP-X 00-00-00-00-1 CAGiversary!   7301 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

They're real postcards printed on heavy weight paper. The outside 'book' is a little thicker, but the binding is so tight I dare not try and open this thing too much in case the cards are designed to fall out easily...

Also, found a thread on GameFAQs that indicate they screwed up on the Soundtrack CD...

http://boards.gamefa...&topic=36361482

Oh! Crap!

I was considering ordering it because the postcard book looks like a decent bonus...until I read about the screwed up CD part. I'll keep the money first...

#79 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:54 AM

Lucked out and got this used for $28 shipped off eBay (as used as a game can be in 3 days), made my purchase decision much easier. That whole "can't save in the middle of a campaign" part is going to make this an almost unfinishable game for me, but I'm willing to give it a shot based on what I've seen so far.

#80 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7042 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

hmm... I might buy this game tomorrow...

NIS will be selling it directly at AX.

no tax plus all profits go to their pockets.

#81 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19813 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:12 PM

we recently discovered that the OST that went out to everyone was burned as a data cd, not an audio. which means it wont play in any regular cd players and can only be ripped/played by programs like itunes (or maybe JUST itunes).

so right now we're trying to figure out a fix, but we don't want to sell what's basically a faulty product like that. unfortunately, this came to light right as we were getting ready to slave away at anime expo (where we'll stay until this coming tuesday) so the solution is a bit slow in coming.

so please be patient and bear with us while we try and figure out whose head to put under the guillotine.

looks like it is good idea to not get the special edition for now

#82 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

That's ridiculous...

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#83 eau   KP-X 00-00-00-00-1 CAGiversary!   7301 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

GrimGrimoire is IGN's game of the month.

#84 fatbeer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:55 AM

I always find gametrailers very useful when dissecting a game, from game mechanics to storyline.
http://www.gametrail...ayer/20926.html
Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 ratzombie   aka yunkie CAGiversary!   12862 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

we recently discovered that the OST that went out to everyone was burned as a data cd, not an audio.

:rofl:

I guess I'm the only one who finds that funny?

#86 Starky27   RPG Hoarder CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:40 AM

Just finished Day 2 of the 4th cycle. This game is fun and I like the fact that it stresses quick, efficient battles. Still haven't got the hang of handling Alchemy though, the units aren't really anything that's strong enough to stand on their own, though I love the Chimera animations. Only thing that I'm somewhat bummed about is the lack of reward for completing the Trial stages...

#87 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

Grim Grimoire is now available at Best Buy. Use the current $5 off coupon on it.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1179877503566
Posted Image

#88 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:04 PM

Grim Grimoire is now available at Best Buy. Use the current $5 off coupon on it.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1179877503566

Which $5 coupon is that?

#89 MadFlava   Sa Da Tay! CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

Which $5 coupon is that?

Oh, my bad, I thought the Gampro coupon was still valid. I didn't realized it expired in June. I guess if you still have a GCC. Any new Gampro coupons for July.
Posted Image

#90 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

Oh, my bad, I thought the Gampro coupon was still valid. I didn't realized it expired in June. I guess if you still have a GCC. Any new Gampro coupons for July.

GGCs are expired too. It's all over! Nothing new yet. Thats why I went ahead and snatched it off eBay for a decent deal.