Baten Kaitos Origins TRU $15.98 ($13.58)

Yoshimi

CAGiversary!
I stopped by TRU today and saw that Baten Kaitos Origins (GameCube) has finally been red-tagged with a new price of $19.98. 20% off clearance sale brings it down to $15.98. Using the 15% off coupon brings it down to $13.58!

I also had a $3 coupon for answering a telephone survey, so I snagged it for a final price of $10.58.

AWESOME. I was just driving home tonight thinking "GODDAMMIT WHY HASN'T BKO DROPPED IN PRICE YET *@)#($*WOI$U*QP{($*"

you made my day tomorrow when this hopefully proves true! thanks yoshimi

I hope this is a nationwide price drop and not a YMMV one. Some TRU price drops on certain games have ranged widely depending on the store.

Darn, I was at TRU a week ago and saw Aten Kaitos Origins was $19.98 but I didn't know that was a clearance price. I went to use my $3 survey credit before it expired, ended up using it on candy. They said they're no longer doing the $3 credit thing, but now its a drawing for a $200 gift cert.

hmm my TRU had it priced as 19.99 regular white sticker wondering if it'll ring up with the extra 20% off..

just how is this game by the way? i have the first one, i'm not sure if this one is actually worth picking up. so i was told.

almost makes me sad I picked up at from A.DOTD. The first game is still 5-6 games in my backlog. The worst week of my life was when my GF deleted my save I haven't had the heart to start over from scratch yet.

This was posted a week ago and moved as it's part of the TRU Clearance thread. Good deal though on a game that refused to drop in price.

I still think it deserves it's own thread as the game is hard to find and has been $40 for ever.

Yeah, I figured it needed its own thread since I know other folks beside myself were waiting for it to drop. Plus the fact that you only have a couple of days to take advantage of the coupon; a drop from $39.99 to $13.58 is going to land in the sweet spot for a lot of CAGs!.

Couple this with the EB/Gamestop GameCube coupon and you can buy this game AND A CUBE TO PLAY IT ON for three and half bucks more than the game cost a few days ago!

Thanks for the heads up, got this today with the coupon for just under $15 w/ tax. They wouldn't take my printed coupon and I didn't see the coupon book it was supposed to come from, but the cashier scanned one that was already at the register :)

I checked my TRU Friday to see if they had any and they had two copies in the bin... I didn't pick them up since I had one of those $3 survey coupons and I figured that they'd stay there for a while.

I go back today and they're gone! Luckily, there was still one copy left on the shelf. Picked it up for a total of $13.xx (didn't bother with the 15% off coupon).

The battle system in the first game is better (but much slower), but Origins is better in everything else. They're both great games, and well worth playing.

I found a copy of this at my local Hastings for $9.99 last week. It was in a bin with other new games for $9.99. You guys might want to try there if there's one nearby.

[quote name='kittenkya']Is baten kaitos a good game?[/quote]Yes. I only got about 25-30 hours in before my game was lost but it's a fun game. I've heard bad things about card-based games with two exceptions, Baten Kaitos and Kingdom Heards: Chain of Memories. Never played a card-baed game before BK but it's smooth, quick and doesn't get annoying unless you're a completionist like myself and have to try to discover every special mix.

I'm glad I was able to pick it up at my local (within 30 miles, heh) Toys R US. It sure beats the $29.99 used price at Game Stop. I almost thought it was a rarer game than it was because of that.

I'm still only playing through the first one and for some reason it would error on my game cube at very random and often [SIZE=-1]inopertune[/SIZE] times (such as the victory screen after a pretty difficult boss). I tried to pick it back up a while ago, but I forgot a lot of the nuances of the battle system so I put it away for when I'd have more time to devote to it again.

[quote name='iamamoogle']I tried to pick it back up a while ago, but I forgot a lot of the nuances of the battle system so I put it away for when I'd have more time to devote to it again.[/quote]the battle system is pretty easy. it's my deck I'd be worried about. It would suck to come back to a game and then have to go thru all your cards one by one and begin the memorization process all over.

bread's done
Back