CAGcast #89: There You Go Again

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CheapyD and Wombat discuss the latest gaming and shopping news, and even talk about the new iPods.
We also answer your CAGbag questions, discuss the latest gaming and shopping news, and so much more!

[media]http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast89.mp3[/media]
Download - 88 minutes, 40MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Possible CAG Gamerpics?
caggamerpics.jpg

Bonus Video!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/j6ci6bT1M-0[/media]

I like how wombat said "there you go," WITHIN THE FIRST MINUTE OF THE SHOW. Intentional or not still very funny.

also I dont mind a few ads, but 4 is way to many in my opinion.

Oh god yes CheapyD the online matching is horrible in puzzle fighter. I have to create a ranked match to get shit going. Also the sprites are low res which sucks.

Wombat likes Robot Chicken and Morel Orel... ugh.

Damn it I heard you say something cheapy that I really wanted to call you on, but I can't remmember what you said cuz I was at work when listening to the cast, and im to lazy to listen to the entire thing again.

There you go

I would like to know why Cheapy continues to fund Circuit City's subpoena of himself by promoting Circuit City on the site/show. It doesn't seem like it's at Cheapy's best interest to do so for the time being.

Cheapy, you should've gone with the Blue Dragon bundle just because of the awesome faceplate alone. Don't you have enough clocks in your apartment already? Do you not love Space Invaders?

Although Wombat continues to be a monument of commitment on the show, I feel he is once again getting the short end of the stick. Cheapy, Wombat better get Galaxy and Smash Bros. for free now thanks to your greediness of the best game on Wii to date, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

And there you go.

I'm english, but Fugly. And call me a Limey again and I'll... find some other sort of national slur. D<

And damn, I ain't going to London for anyone.

[quote name='KingBroly']I would like to know why Cheapy continues to fund Circuit City's subpoena of himself by promoting Circuit City on the site/show. It doesn't seem like it's at Cheapy's best interest to do so for the time being.

Cheapy, you should've gone with the Blue Dragon bundle just because of the awesome faceplate alone. Don't you have enough clocks in your apartment already? Do you not love Space Invaders?

Although Wombat continues to be a monument of commitment on the show, I feel he is once again getting the short end of the stick. Cheapy, Wombat better get Galaxy and Smash Bros. for free now thanks to your greediness of the best game on Wii to date, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

And there you go.[/quote] Yeah, but it might be in your best interest to go to CC to if you want Stranglehold for cheap. I think it's better if you make the decision whether or not to shop at Circuit City, rather than having me make it for you.

There are actually two different Blue Dragon bundles....the ones with the faceplate (and figures) are gone.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, but it might be in your best interest to go to CC to if you want Stranglehold for cheap. I think it's better if you make the decision whether or now to shop at Circuit City, rather than having me make it for you.

There are actually two different Blue Dragon bundles....the ones with the faceplate (and figures) are gone.[/quote]

I know its' a business decision Cheapy, and I didn't mean to come off rudely if you took it that way. I'm just saying if it were me, I wouldn't want to support a place trying to put me on the witness stand. And why would I want Strangehold? The demo wasn't very good in my opinion.

I didn't know there were 2 different Blue Dragon bundles either. You don't hear much when it comes to new 360 news over there anymore since everything they tried busted out on the second or third hand.

You and Wombat should be getting paid for all the work you do on the CAGcast, so having advertisements on the show is fine to me. However, it'd be a good idea to choose advertising that is relevant to the site. I don't think any of us want to listen to numerous 30 second ads for Preparation H, for example.

I know the CAGcast and CAG are not big enough to really pick and choose, but the way that Penny-Arcade only has advertisements on their site for games or other things that they are into would be the ideal way of doing things. Perhaps in the future when the CAG Empire is all grown up, you guys can have that luxury. But for now, lets try and get people who want to advertise about games on the show.

[quote name='yukine']You and Wombat should be getting paid for all the work you do on the CAGcast, so having advertisements on the show is fine to me. However, it'd be a good idea to choose advertising that is relevant to the site. I don't think any of us want to listen to numerous 30 second ads for Preparation H, for example.[/quote]

You don't want HeadOn for an advertisement? I am very disappointed.

Advertising in the CAGcast would be something I would be careful with. I personally wouldn't mind advertising as long as it was related to the theme of the site. As far as the prospective advertiser you mentioned, I don't see a problem with the YMCA advertising either but if it were the Navy, which I am pretty sure it is, I guarantee you would lose one listener forever the second the add came on. I would pay for a podcast subscription to keep ads unrelated to gaming off the podcast.

I support the military and I think it is an admirable and important profession. Enough so that I was in Guards while I went to college. However as the Iraq Veterans Against the War stated so eloquently. War is not a game. They have no business advertising here.

However if it was the YMCA I say let them advertise, I know I am not the only CAG who could benefit from some more exercise.

If the fruit flies come back, you can kill them by putting out a shot of whiskey. The flies will go nuts for it and then OD on alcohol...

Or you can just do the genocide thing again ;).

At first I wanted to download the entire Village People discography.
Then I thought I should thank Cheapy for giving me that idea.
Then I thought about it more and I didnt download anything.
Then I thought about posting how I didnt download anything.
Then I thougnt about not posting.
Then I did.

Wombat hanging at the Pegasus on Friday nights! Might be the 1st shout out for Pittsburghs best known Gay bar on a video game podcast!

You'll need about two weeks of fly free air space before you can be sure they are really gone.

If you have plants, they will lay their eggs in the soil and hatch in about a week or two.

Really great podcast this week. I particularly enjoyed the video of the unboxing too. I was just thinking...if they sold all that (English versions at least) in the USA this Christmas I be the Xbox 360 would easily triumph against all other consoles and it could be a great thing for parents to get for their kids (not baby kids, but older). I mean..here that would run you probably $350 w/ tax and/or shipping...

And to Wombat, I think you should try to get on some tv shows like Cheapy has been able to do. You have enough knowledge to be a video game consultant too, so let those people at Bloomberg, MSNBC, or CNN know. I feel that after that you will start to get some free games too.

Good Job Guys!

Cheapy, SHAME ON YOU for not knowing what Adventure Island was. And shame on Wombat for not knowing Master Higgins.

BJ

You should put up all the extra stuff up in contest form. I'm sure someone would need an extra power supply, especially since they're like $75 or something.

Also, kudos to the snap-and-point.

Awesome new Cagcast. Nice Video Cheapy love the clock. I wish one day we get cool promos. Maybe we shouldn't buy their system so much so we get more stuff for less money like Japan.

What the hell is with people buying these subpar ipods?! They're lowest common denomanator mp3 players! Wombat, get an 8GB Sandisk Sansa. It's the same size at the nano, except it plays video and pictures all for a lot less than a nano. I've turned plenty of people on to it, and they haven't looked back.

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-e280-8gb/4505-6490_7-32041576.html?tag=prod.txt.3

I know I say this every year, but I have the same Bday as Cheapy! I'll be 24 this Sunday, so that makes Cheapy a full decade older than me.

I’ll update this as I listen.

Maybe we sohuld add Warhawk to the dreaded unmentionables list that we have for Wombat. Wombat just ignores the retail version completely and complains exclusively about things that affect anything you download without even acknowledging that the retail version covers you for most of those complaints (not being able to trade it in, not being able to trade with CAGs, no resale value). If you're going to bitch about things (Punk_Raven, too) that aren't new to the downloadable realm, at least ackowledge that those things aren't a problem with the retail version and make it seem like you're fighting the good fight by not buying it off of the PSN. Seriously, it's annoying to see you purposely ignore the reasonable solution in favor of continuing to itch about the downloadable version. I get that the game's not your type of thing and that your internet connection sucks, but it seems like you just need to move on and start calling it the "W" game.

As for Cheapy, you mentioned that you've been playing the game lately, but why haven't you used your big, Japanese internet connection (assuming it can host a 32 man game) to host a game for CAGs to play and get some CAG fun with the community. Also, Incognito's aware of the full game problem and are working on the problem. I don't know when it's expected to be fixed, but at least they're aware of the problem and are working on it.

Heavenly Sword's getting bad reviews? EGM gave it two 8's and a 9 and it has a 81% on Gamerankings, which is obviously a bad average. ;)

Great show. Stop freaking out about using "there you go" so much, as it's only bad when you guys are going on about it instead of continuing the show. You might have had time to answer a few more questions if you didn't stop to react to a "there you go" every ten minutes. ;)

I'm new to this forum and have a question.

If we want to write in and ask a question, should we post it here, or email it somewhere?

[quote name='BJWanlund']Cheapy, SHAME ON YOU for not knowing what Adventure Island was. And shame on Wombat for not knowing Master Higgins.[/quote]

That. Adventure Island was the greatest back in the NES days! How can you not know!? And Kentucky Fried City is an awesome name.

!!Nephlabobo!! Read the opening post to find the link to submit questions.

I, like Wombat, was having the same terrible connection problems to the Playstation Network. I would be logged on for at max 10 minutes, when all of a sudden I would be booted for one bullshit reason or another.

Although, despite my connection problems I decided to pick up Warhawk anyways; I couldn't resist after reading some of the fantastic reviews. I purchased the retail copy, installed it, then logged on to the network to give it a test run.

Low and behold before I even got to the title screen I was booted. Frustrated, I reset everything read some troubleshooting tips and tried again.

Booted yet again before getting to the title screen. It was around this time I was debating whether or not to turn my SIXAXIS into SIXPIECES, but before I did I gave it one last go. Sure enough I was able to log on, and not only was I able to log on I was playing for hours with not a problem in sight.

Eventually I turned my PS3 off for the night, elated at the sudden fix of the PS3 Network, and went to bed. The next day I tried to log on again to play Warhawk, and I had the exact same problem. It would boot me within minutes of logging on. Well three tries later I was finally connected to Warhawk, and I enjoyed two solid hours of problem free play time.

It seems to me, and I know several others in the same boat, that if you can actually stay connected to the network long enough to join a game then you will not get dumped form the network. I have no idea why this is, but I can confirm that this holds true for Warhawk, Calling All Cars, and Resistance.

I can honestly say that it's worth all the hassle to play Warhawk. It's by far the best online console shooter since Halo 2, and well worth the $60 dollars for the retail package.

So Wombat if your network is holding you back from playing this game I suggest you give Calling All Cars, or Resistance a test run and see if our problem is the same. If it is, I'd say give Warhawk a shot, you won't regret it.

That's gotta be the messiest unboxing video I've ever seen, cheapy's tossing shit all over the place and tearing thing's apart.

I'm also curious about how many of Cheapy's american games work on the system. Are they really so lax with their region coding?

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']When I go to download, it gives me CAGast88... if I click download link.[/QUOTE]My bad...it's fixed now.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']I'm new to this forum and have a question.

If we want to write in and ask a question, should we post it here, or email it somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Welcome! South Korea, eh...cool!
Please post your questions in the CAGbag

Hey Cheapy, if you want to pimp something that isn't Digg or iTunes-related ;) during the housekeeping segment, you could mention the CAG Folding@ Home team in the hopes that we can get enough support to get further than reaching the top 400 team slot we just achieved. At least this would go towards a good cause instead of just helping your download numbers. ;)

I'd much rather pay a small fee than have ads in the CAGcast. It's one of the many reasons why I don't watch television (other than public broadcasting) or listen to the radio. And I refuse to buy games with ads.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']I'd much rather pay a small fee than have ads in the CAGcast. It's one of the many reasons why I don't watch television (other than public broadcasting) or listen to the radio. And I refuse to buy games with ads.[/quote]

I completely agree with Rusty Ghia.
I dont watch tv anymore, I hate commericals. Whenever there was a commercial I would change the channel to something else, watching 2 shows at once sorta thing, but most the time both shows im watching would have commercials on sooo fuck TV!!!!

bread's done
Back