King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum-$15 or less

sprintsucks5892

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Did a search and didn't see this posted.
Amazon has King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum for $15 each, which is a little cheaper than EBgames. And they're both eligible for free shipping with orders over $25.
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-King-of-Fighters-XI/dp/B000V7889C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-NeoGeo-Battle-Coliseum/dp/B000V788A6/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1

If you're only buying one (Or you don't want to have to wait for both to come out), Family Video might be the better route. Price of both is still $15, but shipping is only $.99.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278296
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278298
Coupons codes for FV:
$5 off (new customers only): NEWMEM5F
$3 off (existing customers): NEWMEM3F

[quote name='harunim']Never heard of the 2nd one! Any good?[/quote]
It's a tag fighter with characters from SNK games. And I've heard it's really good.

[quote name='harunim']Never heard of the 2nd one! Any good?[/QUOTE]

NGBC is great, and lots of fun. It contains characters from Fatal Fury, Last Blade, King of Fighters, World Heroes, King of the Monsters, Metal Slug and Samurai Showdown (as well as a few others, like Aggressors of Dark Combat).

It plays like a cross between Marvel vs. Capcom and your traditional King of Fighters game. It's an awesome game and at only 15 dollars, it should be an absolute no brainer.

I already have the imports of both games, but I think I'll rebuy the US versions to support the releases (helps they're really cheap :))

[quote name='fairtrade']But what is the MSRP?[/quote]

EB is listing both games at $19.99 for pre-order so this is $5 off. Get them both and its free shipping.

Great i might just pick both up!

KOF XI is the latest series?? I haven't touched KOF since 2002

I bought the Neowave for XBOX but thought it was boring..

[quote name='harunim']Great i might just pick both up!

I bought the Neowave for XBOX but thought it was boring..[/QUOTE]

Neowave WAS boring, that's why. XI is probably either the best or 2nd best KoF game. It's faster place and just plain plays amazing. It's top 10 favorite 2D fighters ever for me. I'd recommend picking up both, honestly. They're both fan fucking tastic.

Okay, so you guys remember when I was ragging on AOF calling it a piece of shit? Well it is, because this is what you guys should have saved your money for in the first place. Both of these games are excellent (KOF is better than NGBC), go buy both of them.

And if you bought AOF but aren't buying this... I dunno. You're probably retarded.

Wow, I just assumed that these would never see the light of day here in the US and didn't know anything about this until just now. I'll probably be picking up both, since as jimfoley16 put it, to support the US releases. Good deal too, thanks OP! :)

[quote name='harunim']Great i might just pick both up!

I bought the Neowave for XBOX but thought it was boring..[/QUOTE]

XI is really a completely different game from anything else in the KOF series. It's much, much faster, feels like it has a far better balance, and it has the tag system that KOF 03 started. And yeah, as Jim says, Neowave was boring. It was a somewhat crap revision of KOF 02, but it just wasn't that fun.

I've posted this video before, but it's a good indication of what to expect from the game:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COilri4OFys[/MEDIA]

I'm also buying both of these, despite having the import versions already. If SNK releases good games over here and doesn't fuck 'em up, then I'll buy them.

I'm still not buying AOF, because it still sucks.

KoFXI comes out the first week of Oct and NGBC comes out like 4th week of Oct. If i order both in one order, will amazon ship both around the end of Oct or will they just ship KoFXI and NGBC separately when available?

Last time I checked, estarland.com gave $20 for the import version of KOF XI and $30 for the import version of NGBC. Looks like I might dump those and pick up the US versions.

I already sold my copy of NGBC, but I'm waiting on KOF just because I started playing it again recently. I'll making sure that SNK doesn't fuck anything up when they bring these to the US before I commit to selling XI.

Wow, I never knew that Neo Geo Battle Colliseum was going to be released here in the US. I'm definately going to order it now. That video of KoF XI looks really good too but I'll have to think about it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, so you guys remember when I was ragging on AOF calling it a piece of shit? Well it is, because this is what you guys should have saved your money for in the first place. Both of these games are excellent (KOF is better than NGBC), go buy both of them.

And if you bought AOF but aren't buying this... I dunno. You're probably retarded.[/QUOTE]

I secretly agreed with you in your opinion on AoF.

Preordered both, thanks.

Couple questions. Does anyone know of KoF is an arcade perfect port? Or is it missing a couple frames of animation on account of the PS2's limited memory? And do you guys think it'll ever be released on XBLA for $5?

[quote name='PikaPichu']Couple questions. Does anyone know of KoF is an arcade perfect port? Or is it missing a couple frames of animation on account of the PS2's limited memory? And do you guys think it'll ever be released on XBLA for $5?[/QUOTE]

1. Yeah, it's a perfect port. In fact, there's also like 11 new characters in the PS2 version, a bunch of new stages, new music, and a challenge mode in addition to all the standard modes like Arcade, survival, etc.

2. Will it be on XBLA? Prolly not, given how much shit there is in this game.

Yep, already have KOF XI pre-ordered from Amazon...even though I own the Japanese version. Must support SNK US! I had NGBC awhile back, but got rid of it 'cause every one around here pretty much stopped playing it after KOF XI came out. But $15 DOES sound enticing...a few tweaks here and there and a better character roster would have made it a great game. Also, the load times for it were pretty freakin' horrible =X

KOF XI however, is probably one of my favorite KOF's aside from 98/01/02. KOF ftw!

[quote name='PikaPichu']Couple questions. Does anyone know of KoF is an arcade perfect port? Or is it missing a couple frames of animation on account of the PS2's limited memory? And do you guys think it'll ever be released on XBLA for $5?[/QUOTE]
My only concern is that the European version had a couple of overscanning issues with text, and also some horrible glitches such as the game freezing in practice mode. The Japanese version didn't have any of these problems, so hopefully they fix these issues in the US version.

NIiiice, I've been jonesin for some new 2d fighting goodness, and 2 good games at once?! Now if only we could get Fist of the North Star (the Atomiswave version)...:drool:

I prefer faster paced fighters (MVC2, GGXX series), so the news that XI is faster than previous KOF games is great to hear.

Cool, KoF XI was great while I still had that, never got around to getting NGBC even though I saw The Best versions for really cheap.

How does Amazon do pre-orders? I wouldn't mind pre-ordering both titles as well as Firo Pro, but I don't want to wait until all are released before they all ship out.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How does Amazon do pre-orders? I wouldn't mind pre-ordering both titles as well as Firo Pro, but I don't want to wait until all are released before they all ship out.[/QUOTE]

yea i asked a similar question about that and im still waiting for others to respond.

i ordered KoFXI with soemthign else. i will order the NGBC later on.

[quote name='Zmonkay']NIiiice, I've been jonesin for some new 2d fighting goodness, and 2 good games at once?! Now if only we could get Fist of the North Star (the Atomiswave version)...:drool:

I prefer faster paced fighters (MVC2, GGXX series), so the news that XI is faster than previous KOF games is great to hear.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that Sega doesn't want to bring Hokuto no Ken to the US at all. That, and I'd think the licensing issues would make it impossible. Such a good game though.

And for whoever it was that brought up the text issues in the UK version of KOF XI, I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be the publisher, Ignition, that screwed that up. Hopefully SNKPUSA won't be quite that stupid.

[quote name='trunks982']yea i asked a similar question about that and im still waiting for others to respond.

i ordered KoFXI with soemthign else. i will order the NGBC later on.[/QUOTE]

Call them. I can't remember the last time I had two things on preorder at Amazon although I'm about to have at least 3 between these two and Firepro.

Bring on the awesome 14.99 games!

Looks nice. i think I'm going to pick up KOFXI. Not to sure if I want to pick up the other game mentioned here. Just saw a tourney vid of it and was suprised to see the guy from Metal Slug in there. I dunno, we will see

Are there any differences between these and the Japanese Imports? I have the Japanese imports of both of them and I might just sell them and pick these up.

[quote name='DomLando']Are there any differences between these and the Japanese Imports? I have the Japanese imports of these and I might just sell them and pick these up.[/quote]
All I can think of is that these are completely in English.:lol:
Other than that, I'm not sure if the long load times in NGBC have been corrected or not.

Seems like with the free shipping, they'll hold onto the first release until the others come out. I have enough to keep me busy until they're both released (along with Firepro Returns).

For those wondering about when they'll ship if ordered together:

Choose a shipping preference:
[ ] Group my items into as few shipments as possible.
[ ] I want my items faster. Ship them as they become available.

Just choose I want my items faster. I have Prime but I'm pretty sure Amazon offers that for all.

[quote name='freshzen']For those wondering about when they'll ship if ordered together:

Choose a shipping preference:
[ ] Group my items into as few shipments as possible.
[ ] I want my items faster. Ship them as they become available. (at additional cost)

Just choose I want my items faster. I have Prime but I'm pretty sure Amazon offers that for all.[/QUOTE]

I order from Amazon quite a bit, and I usually choose the "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" cuz....well, cuz I'm a CAG.

They will charge you extra if you ship everything else out seperately. If you choose to get the free shipping (for orders over $25) you have no option, and everything will be shipped together.

When you have multiple items and chose "Group my items into as few shipments as possible", they usually wait until the last item is availble, then ship everything out all at once.

The only exception I've noticed is that if the release dates or availability of the items are reallie far apart, they will do more than one shipment.
Ex: I ordered Odin Sphere and HP7 on the same order, but since "they" deemed the releases were apart enough (Odin Sphere came out 5/22, HP7 came out 7/21) I got Odin Sphere in an earlier shipment.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']All I can think of is that these are completely in English.:lol:
Other than that, I'm not sure if the long load times in NGBC have been corrected or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the load times in NGBC are the one thing that needs to get changed. That's really the only thing I didn't like about the game.

[quote name='Chacrana']I've heard that Sega doesn't want to bring Hokuto no Ken to the US at all. That, and I'd think the licensing issues would make it impossible. Such a good game though.

And for whoever it was that brought up the text issues in the UK version of KOF XI, I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be the publisher, Ignition, that screwed that up. Hopefully SNKPUSA won't be quite that stupid.[/QUOTE]

Nooooo! That's really sad to hear. Now I either need to find a cheap way to import it (and I guess mod my PS2), or hope for an Atomiswave emulator (something that won't be coming any time soon). It just looks like the only game that's possibly more rediculous than Guilty Gear (helps that it's the same engine).

I'll just have to console myself with these two then :(

Thanks OP. Probably spent $15 in the arcade trying to beat XI and losing to the boss's Full-Screen Orgasmic Destruction of Rage. SNK FTW!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nooooo! That's really sad to hear. Now I either need to find a cheap way to import it (and I guess mod my PS2), or hope for an Atomiswave emulator (something that won't be coming any time soon). It just looks like the only game that's possibly more rediculous than Guilty Gear (helps that it's the same engine).

I'll just have to console myself with these two then :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game's expensive, to be sure. I thought it was worth it though, but I suppose that it helps when you're a fan of Guilty Gear and the New Fist of the North Star anime. As far as being more ridiculous than Guilty Gear though... I dunno. FOTNS definitely feels a little bit slower and more methodical. It's nowhere near as slow as say... SFIII, but it does feel significantly different from Guilty Gear.

bread's done
Back