PC Game Poll

I'm suprised at home many people actually are willing to buy multiple copies of the same game because they scratched them. WOW!

I don't scratch my CDs either, but I usually use a no CD crack because I have way too many PC games and looking through all those cds is a pain in the ass.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Maybe people just take care of their games and don't scratch them. Just a hunch.[/quote]

Exactly. Every game I've ever bought new (most of my near 600) is in PERFECT condition, just like it came out of the shrink wrap. I handle the disks better than babies, and NEVER scratch them.

how do these no cd cracks work? i know that they make it so that you dont have to use your disc to start it up, but like...where do you guys d/l them?

i have Call of duty and warcraft 3: reign of chaos but they both need the cd to play...

however i also have ut2k4 and it has the no cd patch so i dont have to use that...

can you guys help me with the cd cracks so i dont have to leave my discs in the drive and risk scratches?

thanks

The only games that ever had to be replaced for me were Starcraft/expansion and Diablo 1. This is because over 9 years, these games got played more than any other, in total. They tend to get a little beat up over that long a period :)

Too bad there wasn't a choice that said...

I used the CD's and I NEVER have to buy them again because I take care of my stuff. 99% of the PC games I buy are new and I keep them in prisitine condition. The main games I play are Quake III and Star Trek Elite Force online and those don't require a CD to be present while gaming online anyway.

Why do people have such a hard time keeping their CDs in good condition? I'm not talking OCD (though that doesn't hurt either). I'm saying you have to be pretty rough on a CD for it to stop playing. The biggest mistake people make is just leaving them out of the case. What do you think that thing is for anyway?

No, never have used a crack or backup, because I've never scratched a CD to the point of non-operation.

[quote name='Ledhed']Why do people have such a hard time keeping their CDs in good condition? I'm not talking OCD (though that doesn't hurt either). [/quote]

Because PEOPLE are stupid. Its the same reason why people choose not to put on seatbelts while driving, stand outside in a lightning storm instead of taking shelter, or refuse to lock the door to their car in a parking lot. Those are simple tasks that can help avoid a bad situation but some people HAVE to march to the beat of their own drum no matter what.

Some people put their games with the read side down on their beds, dressers, or televisions for some dumbass reason. I see that on ebay a lot.

I uses the CD-Cracks because I'm lazy and I don't want to go looking for the CD when I want to play a game. Once I install it I just don't want to have to bother with looking for the CD.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='Ledhed']Why do people have such a hard time keeping their CDs in good condition? I'm not talking OCD (though that doesn't hurt either). [/quote]

Because PEOPLE are stupid. Its the same reason why people choose not to put on seatbelts while driving, stand outside in a lightning storm instead of taking shelter, or refuse to lock the door to their car in a parking lot. Those are simple tasks that can help avoid a bad situation but some people HAVE to march to the beat of their own drum no matter what.

Some people put their games with the read side down on their beds, dressers, or televisions for some dumbass reason. I see that on ebay a lot.[/quote]

NICE! So true. I'll be looking at some of the used CD's at EB prior to purchasing and I can't understand how some people can scratch the beejeezus out of their cd's. Worse thing is, some EB's take them.

BTW...no cd crack.

[quote name='tickdude'][quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='Ledhed']Why do people have such a hard time keeping their CDs in good condition? I'm not talking OCD (though that doesn't hurt either). [/quote]

Some people put their games with the read side down on their beds, dressers, or televisions for some dumbass reason. I see that on ebay a lot.[/quote]

NICE! So true. I'll be looking at some of the used CD's at EB prior to purchasing and I can't understand how some people can scratch the beejeezus out of their cd's. Worse thing is, some EB's take them.

BTW...no cd crack.[/quote]
Im also supprised when I see used games sometimes. I just want to know what exactly some people do tho their disks.

I've know people who've got scratched up games, its mainly because they don't ever put games back in their cases but instead leave them on thier desk or florr and pile stuff on them.

bread's done
Back