A few EGM Review (Halo 2 scores)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Enjoy. Got it from teamxbox forums (hopefully they are correct) :)

New EGM scores:

Halo 2 (GotM): 10, 10, 9.5
Good: Superb online mode, polished to perfection
Bad: The game ends

Metroid Prime 2: 10, 9.5, 9.5
Good: Incredible atmosphere
Bad: No online mode in multiplayer

Metal Gear Solid 3: 10, 9.5, 9.0
Good: Polished gameplay, excellent voice acting
Bad: Weird and nonsensical plot twists

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: 10, 10, 9.0
Good: Absurd amount of variety
Bad: The PS2 is showing its age

Ratchet & Clank: UYA
9.0, 9.5, 9.5.
Good: Awesome online play
Bad: Single-player hasn't changed much

Killzone: 8.0, 7.5, 8.0
Good: Fast gameplay, excellent music
Bad: Horrendous slowdown

Damn right!

HAlo 2 is teh b0mb!!!!!!!!11

Can't wait to play it. :p

EDIT- I want to see who the hell didn't give it a 10! So close to complete perfection. :(

Wow. It's rare that any game gets a single 10 from EGM. 6 10s in one issue is flat out crazy from this magazine. Plenty of fantastic games coming out. :D

hmm makes you want to start a topic with poll "If Metroid Prime 2 had online multiplayer would it have scored a perfect 10(and higher than Halo 2)? lol but anyway where is my Baten Kaitos review?!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea for nonsensical plot twists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

i dont get why people disliked the weird plot twists in 2, it didnt add much to the story, but it was fun (like when cambell was freakin out at the end of the game)

[quote name='guyver2077']omg..i cant wait to read who was the solo reviewer who game halo 2 a 9.5....hemust be hunted down[/quote]

calm down, the game has not even come out yet.

that said, at least someone still knows that MGS is great and worthy of a 10. Nice to see the backlash did not influence their reviews

halo fanboys. my dorm mate already preordered Halo 2, i can't wait to play it. i can't wait to play San Andreas, Snake Eater, or Echoes either.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea for nonsensical plot twists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

i dont get why people disliked the weird plot twists in 2, it didnt add much to the story, but it was fun (like when cambell was freakin out at the end of the game)[/quote]

I agree, that last part of the game was very cool.

[quote name='guyver2077']omg..i cant wait to read who was the solo reviewer who game halo 2 a 9.5....hemust be hunted down[/quote]l

lol some people take games too seriously, you really think that everyone would score any game a perfect 10? Nope and while I havent played the game yet myself i bet that not everyone will see it as perfect. Its the reason why they give 3 reviews not just 1.

[quote name='vanlandw']read into it a little bit and MGS2 makes perfect sence...it's a little outrageous but makes sence[/quote]

exactly. Very easy to see if you have played some of the other games or read some of the summaries.

i know im jsut playing..im getting regardless of one review.....

on the note of reviews...i dont think gta deserved a damn 9.9 from ign...not even in the upper 9's

[quote name='Trakan']OP, did you just edit the post to say "I hope these are correct?" ???[/quote]Yes he did.

Now I can live. Halo 2 will get perfect scores. :wink: Those scores seem accurate, but if EGM/1UP has said that they are fake, then I guess they must be. :(

Well if they are wrong I guess just close the thread. The same guy who usually post them is mostly right on the scores. But if they are wrong, oh well. :?

[quote name='Weedy649']wth! Fake reviews! No wonder there was no mention of Baten Kaitos, i seriously lose respect for OP =([/quote]

Hey I just got them from the same guy that usually post the scores from the magazines. Usually his post are correct. If they are wrong oh well, then delete this thread. Like I said I got it from teamxbox :?

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea for nonsensical plot twists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

i dont get why people disliked the weird plot twists in 2, it didnt add much to the story, but it was fun (like when cambell was freakin out at the end of the game)[/quote]

I still don't understand that part. It started to freak me out too as his voice got all computerized.

YES! I knew they were fake all along! Nobody give Metroid Prime 2 a 9.5! :) Seriously though, I hope these scores end up being true, or at least close, becasue they are excellent scores.

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea for nonsensical plot twists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I still don't understand that part. It started to freak me out too as his voice got all computerized.[/quote]

That freaked me out too. He said something like "you've been playing too long, you will ruin your eyes". That scared me because I had been playing for pretty long that night.

its fake, if you lookon the second page in the link I posted ,
The guy with the username EGMShawn is someone who writes for EGM. He said they are not real and closed the thread

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Yea for nonsensical plot twists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I still don't understand that part. It started to freak me out too as his voice got all computerized.[/quote]

That freaked me out too. He said something like "you've been playing too long, you will ruin your eyes". That scared me because I had been playing for pretty long that night.[/quote]

Me too, it was about 2 or 3 am and the whole wierdness of the events that followed really tripped me out...that is until I completely lost what was going on with the game and gave up for the night.

Killzone doesn't deserve to be in that list, with such UBER games! Other than that, it's like a copy/paste for peoples' Christmas list all over the world.... except Asia with Halo, Anti American BASTRDS! Buy a damn X-box, and stop settling for all the crap Nintendo throws out on GC. There's no way you can like that shit!

[quote name='BLarR']Killzone doesn't deserve to be in that list, with such UBER games! Other than that, it's like a copy/paste for peoples' Christmas list all over the world.... except Asia with Halo, Anti American BASTRDS! Buy a damn X-box, and stop settling for all the crap Nintendo throws out on GC. There's no way you can like that shit![/quote]

Wait, you had to edit this post to make it sound this stupid?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='BLarR']Killzone doesn't deserve to be in that list, with such UBER games! Other than that, it's like a copy/paste for peoples' Christmas list all over the world.... except Asia with Halo, Anti American BASTRDS! Buy a damn X-box, and stop settling for all the crap Nintendo throws out on GC. There's no way you can like that shit![/quote]

Wait, you had to edit this post to make it sound this stupid?[/quote]

Yea, you gotta be pretty dumb to edit a post and still come off as a racist douchebag.

As these are fake, LOCK'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back