the price gouged and OOS 8800gt - Retailer mega link in OP

A

Apossum

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=197629

It was confirmed in the gaf thread about this that it is indeed $250. This is a fucking amazing deal.

can't wait to see what the upgraded GTS will do. but I may use my evga step up on this one, if they let me.

On sale now! Mega link found by PrinnyOtaku:

Anandtech Full Retail Links List (all Manufacturers)

EVGA Step up program also has it listed, but it says it's back ordered.

and if the new GT is not good enough for you, here's a little bit of info on the updated GTS:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQxMCw2LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

UPDATE - 10/29/07-8:29am: A very interesting addendum to this. I just got off the phone with BFG Tech and NVIDIA has been doing some strange things lately. As of this morning, the GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB (unsure on the 320MB) will have its stream processors officially increased to 112, the same as the GT. This should put the GTS back ahead of the GT as per the paper specs. However, the separation in the products is still going to be very small except for those of you wanting to run high resolutions with AA turned on. To do that you are still going to need a $400+ video card..or so. Our new spec GTS is on the way to us now and we will of course be updating you. Given the GT's faster clocks and possibly larger texture unit, we will have to wait and see. Undoubtedly though, the 8800 GT remains a stellar value at the expected price points.

yeah, the upgraded GTS is what I'm waiting for. It's nice to see some reasonable prices for video cards that offer good performance since... now I can pick up two :lol:

But yeah, this thing is performing about as well as a fucking GTX, so that's pretty damn good for $250. The ~$300 GTS should be out soon and I think that one's also supposed to have a 1GB version. If that performs anywhere near as well as it has the potential to... dear God.

I'm also interested to see what ATI will dish out. They need something.

Anyway, it does make my computer building process more interesting next month. I cannot fucking wait.

[quote name='msdmoney']Wow a shame I recently bought an 8800 gts 320 mb if this thing lives up to the benchmarks.[/QUOTE]
agreed, but such is the computer world..

Me too, but I bought an EVGA knowing this would probably happen.

[quote name='msdmoney']Wow a shame I recently bought an 8800 gts 320 mb if this thing lives up to the benchmarks.[/quote]

[quote name='crystalklear64']I am has evga as well. They let you trade up right?[/QUOTE]

yes, you just have to register it at the site and have a receipt.

I've been waiting for a card like this. Back when I was looking at parts for my current build I new the 7900GS was the card I wanted. $200 bucks at the time and it performed great. And before that the 6600GT was an obvious winner in price/performance

There isn't a card on the market yet that's like that. The 8800GTS 320 was close but it looks like this new 8800GT blows it out of the water.

[quote name='Apossum']yes, you just have to register it at the site and have a receipt.[/QUOTE]

I bought an evga, how does the trade up work?

I may just pony up for this one. I just need to see if my PC needs a new power supply.

This looks like a truly great deal!!!

[quote name='msdmoney']I bought an evga, how does the trade up work?[/QUOTE]
As long as you bought it in the last 90 days you can trade it in for what you paid for it towards a more expensive card. The main downside is that they won't cross-ship so you'll be without a card during the turnaround (unless you have a spare, obviously).

http://evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3

[quote name='Kayden']Is there a release date I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

This coming Monday. mid-november for the new GTS, supposedly.

[quote name='Damian']As long as you bought it in the last 90 days you can trade it in for what you paid for it towards a more expensive card. The main downside is that they won't cross-ship so you'll be without a card during the turnaround (unless you have a spare, obviously).

http://evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3[/QUOTE]

I couldn't figure this out, but will they let you trade for a cheaper but new version of the card?

[quote name='Apossum']I couldn't figure this out, but will they let you trade for a cheaper but new version of the card?[/QUOTE]
Possibly you could trade your card for a "better performing" one that costs less than what you paid, but I very much doubt they would actually give you cash back and a better card. They would probably call it a wash.

It would be really nice if they did drop the GTS to 200 and then charged you $50 to upgrade to a card that costs $50 less than what
you paid for the original. :roll: This is what I'm foreseeing.
[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Doesnt this necessarily drop the GTS line down to...I guess $200? And they were sitting at like $350 a month or two ago, right?[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']It would be really nice if they did drop the GTS to 200 and then charged you $50 to upgrade to a card that costs $50 less than what
you paid for the original. :roll: This is what I'm foreseeing.[/QUOTE]
The Step Up program is based on what you paid, which you prove by sending your receipt/invoice. It's not based on the price at the time of Step Up. EVGA is a decent company, it's not like most other companies even offer a program like this so why you think they're out to screw you is beyond me. This program is designed to mitigate the potential screwing of "damn I just bought a new card and a better one came out".

Your ideas appeal to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

However, the question remains, will you be able to trade a $300 card for a $250 card?

[quote name='Damian']The Step Up program is based on what you paid, which you prove by sending your receipt/invoice. It's not based on the price at the time of Step Up. EVGA is a decent company, it's not like most other companies even offer a program like this so why you think they're out to screw you is beyond me. This program is designed to mitigate the potential screwing of "damn I just bought a new card and a better one came out".[/quote]

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Doesnt this necessarily drop the GTS line down to...I guess $200? And they were sitting at like $350 a month or two ago, right?[/QUOTE]

They average around $350-400 right now for the 640mb model. I could see $250 for the 640mb model/$200 for the 320, maybe?

I paid $350 for mine...I hope the new GTS is $350...

[quote name='Kayden']However, the question remains, will you be able to trade a $300 card for a $250 card?[/QUOTE]
That I can't tell you, as I don't work for them and I've never tried to make such a trade.

I did find this message board thread with someone wanting to do the same thing. He reports that you can trade up to a cheaper card, but you lose out the difference and you still have to pay shipping both ways.

[quote name='Damian']As long as you bought it in the last 90 days you can trade it in for what you paid for it towards a more expensive card. The main downside is that they won't cross-ship so you'll be without a card during the turnaround (unless you have a spare, obviously).

http://evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the program, I think I may end up using it.

I bought my card on 8/24/2007, hopefully they release the 8800gt in time to do a "stepup", or maybe even the new 8800gts if there is a big performance difference. I paid $245 for it, so it would be a cheap "stepup."

ive been riding my 7900 gs for a year now..

time to upgrade soon

edit- those benchmarkes are sick..especially the hd playback

when does this come out.. let the deal searching begin

ok, I'm a little slow and confused at the moment.

I'm at newegg.com and I see a 8800GTS (320MB) for 259.99 and a 8800GTX (768MB) for 499.99.

So Nvidia is about to release a 8800GT (512MB) for $250 ?????

Wow.... :wall:

So, in theory, you could get two 8800GT cards, making it 1GB in total, and it would outperform the single 8800GTX ?

I had a few questions I just called them about.

Cutting out the UPC for a rebate does not void your StepUp.
If the card came with a free game you can keep the free game.

If you billed to one address and shipped to another, you register the card to the billed address.

When you step up, its sent to the registered address.

The last one is unfortunate as I live in a shithole ghetto and I don't want my $300 components sitting on my porch for the whole day.

Sli support is shitty and not all PCs support two massive graphics cards.

[quote name='level1online']ok, I'm a little slow and confused at the moment.

I'm at newegg.com and I see a 8800GTS (320MB) for 259.99 and a 8800GTX (768MB) for 499.99.

So Nvidia is about to release a 8800GT (512MB) for $250 ?????

Wow.... :wall:

So, in theory, you could get two 8800GT cards, making it 1GB in total, and it would outperform the single 8800GTX ?[/quote]

I've been looking at and waiting eagerly for its release on Monday. Prolly gonna get an eVGA one from Newegg day of.

I can tell you now though, this thing will sell out hella fast.

ATI is gonna get destroyed later in the month, they've already proven that the 8800GT outperforms the 2950.

Will be using this to play HG:L in all its glory. Mmmm.

Hmm, if this 8800GT is as cheap as they say, and really out-performs the 2900XT and the 8800GTS, then that makes upgrading an easy choice. :)

Then again, this Radeon X1800XT of mine still has some life left I think.. But that GT sure it tempting. I hope a 500watt PSU is enough.

[quote name='seen']not to be a jerk, but the title is extremely misleading....

The card isn't even out yet, nor can I find a release date and more detailed specs. If anyone has some of this info, I'll gladly edit this post.[/QUOTE]
Specs are everywhere, just search. As for price, it hasn't been "officially" but there's a plethora of info from marketing material sent to vendors to several places like Buy.com and NewEgg having had them up briefly for around $249 then taking them down. Some are already in the wild

1193270079640rz4.jpg

Yeah it'll work on an older PCI-E, and as far as I know, it'll perform just as well. I don't think todays video cards are using up the PCIE 16X bandwidth quite yet.

Maybe the GeForce 9 series will..

Oh man. I can't wait for this. I just have a few questions though.

So release date is this coming monday?

Also, this will support DX10 correct? (I don't see why it wouldn't, I just want to make sure).

[quote name='dragonsho']

Also, this will support DX10 correct? (I don't see why it wouldn't, I just want to make sure).[/quote]
Yes, all 8-series cars support DX10.

Does anyone know the new GTS numbers yet?

Just keep in mind that the 8800GT isn't going to support DX10.1, whereas ATI's 2950 cards are supposed to.

New shader tech. and such... don't know if it's a big enough deal to make people wait. I wouldn't though... it's taken so long just to get DX10 to run as stable as 9, 10.1's potential might not be tapped for a long while.

are the vista drivers ever going to get these cards back to xp performance levels?

im pretty certain my 7900gs had higher benchmark scores in xp

i keep hoping every forceware release will improve performance but i doubt they are focusing on 7 series cards

So release date is this coming monday?

yep!

I can tell you now though, this thing will sell out hella fast.

they'd better. This is perfect for a great looking, but lower priced gaming PC.
On the other hand, I almost hope the new GTS isn't as amazing of a deal so I can definitely secure a new one through evga's step up :lol:

Will this card even work on a PCI-e 1.0 mobo?

You know, I read in the sister thread on neogaf that it won't. Not sure if that's 100% true.

[quote name='seen']
not to be a jerk, but the title is extremely misleading....

The card isn't even out yet, nor can I find a release date and more detailed specs. If anyone has some of this info, I'll gladly edit this post. [/quote]

I know you already edited your post, but just so you know for the future, the cag pc forum isn't really the place for breaking news--I just made the thread to discuss the new card, since most people get their PC news elsewhere. If you want to make detailed, updated OPs about stuff, go ahead.

How can you tell if you have a PCI-E 1.0 Mobo. I havn't ordered mine yet so I can't find anything about it on newegg.

Could someone tell me if the asus p5kvm is PCI-E 1.0 or 2.0

Thanks so much. Definitely gonna get a mobo with pci-e 2.0 now.

So what brand is everything thinking of getting?
I'm def getting EVGA especially if a super GTS comes out, that way I can use the step up program.

Unless ATI pulls some sweet comeback with their new ones next month, I'll probably get an EVGA new GTS. I've heard good things about their warranty. The last 4 graphics cards I've bought were ATI made, so this is my first time going with team green. Although I am seriously considering an 8800GT just because it's cheaper, but still kicks ass.

bread's done
Back