What stories/topics would you like discussed in CAGcast #97?

what it was like running cag the first few months and did you every think it would get as big as it did. did you have connections in the video game industry before CAG?

I'd like to know where you're at with the website redesign.

I know a lot of us would like to start our own little gaming blogs so we can feel just as important as Wombat. I've been reading a lot of the ones over at 1up and am really liking the idea.

[quote name='BullzEyE']what it was like running cag the first few months and did you every think it would get as big as it did. did you have connections in the video game industry before CAG?[/quote]

That's what I"d like to know, also. How exactly did CAG start, why did you start CAG, and how did it get big? How much money did you invest into it? Describe this " job " that you have to do.

Talk about crappy video games people play when they're little. That's something that's always interested me; people start off playing shit and gradually develope taste... How does that happen? How has that happened for you? Have you replayed any of those old games and discovered they weren't as bad as you thought?

Basically, an episode on nostalgia as it applies to video games would be neat.

something holiday shopping related.. black friday deals, what to buy now / what to save for the gaming drout that typically follows the holidays.. something like that

[quote name='terborx']something holiday shopping related.. black friday deals, what to buy now / what to save for the gaming drout that typically follows the holidays.. something like that[/quote]

kind of what this person said. How about sharing some black friday shopping stories cheapy and wombat? Have you guys ever had to camp out for stuff? Will there be a cagcast the following week or are you guys taking time off for thanksgiving?

Discuss how cool I am. Also discuss if Wombat's blog has been picked up for another month. Perhaps, what you think of Xbox games being downloadable soon.

Upcoming Divx support in the PS3.

Oh, and make it a long one. I've got a 19 hour flight back to the US this weekend. I need some good shit to pass the time. :D

what do you guys think of mario galaxy's two-player mode? should every game have something like this? it's not quite as involved as say Gears of War's co-op, but not as boring as sitting and watching.

did nintendo get lazy and just do this instead of a fully fleshed out co-op?
is this a revolution in co-op play, or just a way to trick your non/casual gamer friends into watching you play? and finally, is anyone actually gonna use this mode?

What is the policy for crediting CAG for stories/deals and posting on another forum? 3 different non-mod CAG users have demanded I be perma-banned for posting the CoD 4 CC glitch on the IGN 360 message board.

I credited CAG with the info and linked to the original thread in my post. I don't see where I did anything wrong and I don't like people making idle threats to me (see my story about KMart employee saying I'll be arrested and thrown in jail for buying Mass Effect 10 days early.)

I think since CAG has grown much in the past year, adding hundreds of new users (myself included,) addressing this topic would be beneficial to clear the air for new users/listeners. Below is my original post on the IGN 360 message board about the CoD 4 CC error:

"Thanks to CAG for this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158506

For those that don't know, usually when Circuit City does a promotion where you get something free it adds the item to your receipt then discounts that item off the total. It's been confirmed at 2 different CC's in the US that as of RIGHT NOW AT THE TIME OF THIS POST, there is an error in the system that not only discounts CoD 3 to free, it discounts CoD4 for $30 also. Go, Go, Go!

Edit: This bug apparently only works if you buy the regular or gold editions of CoD 3, not the Platinum Hits version."

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Dragonforce album sales spiking due to GH III.[/quote]
I actually bought all 3 of their albums off iTunes after playing "Through the Fire and Flames". Guys trust me, this is AWESOME music to work out to!!!!

I would liek to hear about the fact that Canadians are getting shafted over rock band and the late f'ing release. A lot of people cancelled their pre-orders over this. Although it may be over the fact that they have to translate all their documentation and box art into English and French cause it's the law up here... Eh!

If I hear either of them say Merry-Oh instead of Mario I might just break my iPod. That's a systemic problem with many podcasters, and frankly I'm sick of it! :lol: I'd love to hear them in a 7-Eleven asking for a Mars candy bar. "Can I have a Miiiiirr's bar please."

This probably won't be discussed, but I'm gonna bring it up anyway and maybe make it a CAGbag question later on if it's not mentioned. There's no time limit on this one though. Why not do a short one time only segment on Billy Mitchell. I have listened to all the past cagcasts and he gets referenced a few times by wombat just to call him a hippie. Even though he is a hippie, he was achieving 'nerd points' before nerd points were easily shared over the internet. He is the godfather of competitive gaming and I would like to hear him get props on the show for his dedication and high scores on pacman, dk and others. If you are interested I'd be happy to write a story or little facts about him. The guy is a legend in the video game world after all.

bread's done
Back