*DECEASED* FREE Mass Effect LE (Xbox 360) - First 2K

djak1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Surprised this is not posted here...Thanks to pattypud @ SD

First 2K to sign up will receive a copy of Mass Effect LE for Xbox 360, courtesy of Sci-Fi

Mass Effect

Signed up. Is this for real?

EDIT: Oh, I get it. This just qualifies you to "try" to be one of the first 2000 to login to their website during the designated period on Nov. 18th. If you get in THAT one, you win the game.

Thanks. The rules said something about logging in and registering but I'd assume thats what we just did? Whatever. Everyone watch their emails and maybe we'll get lucky.

HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 8:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”), 7:00 pm Central Time (“CT”), 6:00 pm Mountain Time (“MT”), and 5:00 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 13, 2007 through no later than 12:00 a.m. ET on November 18, 2007 (the “Giveaway Period”), you can participate in the Giveaway by logging on to either www.scifi.com (and then clicking on the Mass Effect Giveaway banner) or logging on directly to www.scifi.com/masseffect (either website sometimes referred to herein as the “Website”) and following the on-screen instructions to participate. Up to the first two thousand (2,000) participants who log onto the Website (as described above) during the Giveaway Period, who follow the on-screen registration instructions, and who meet all the requirements
(including eligibility requirements) of these official rules, will be designated as a potential recipient (each, a “Potential Recipient”) of one (1) copy of the Microsoft Xbox 360 videogame, Mass Effect (the “Videogame”). Limit one (1) Videogame per unique email address or person or household as determined by name and unique email address. Any participation and/or registration generated by script, macro or other automated means is void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply.

^^^^Notice it says potential recipient. Meh, oh well, I signed up anyways.

I think I missed out on this by seconds. When I hit submit I got an 404 error. I refreshed the page and got a "the giveaway has ended" page. Aw.... nuts.

Congrats to those that won. If you did win anything.

Thanks OP!
Usually if it's too good to be true, it probably is, but it's not like I have anything to lose here anyway.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']This started yesterday at 7 PM my time (that is a LONG time ago) I'm 90% sure that none of us are gonna get one.[/QUOTE]

Man am I glad you made a contribution to this thread.:roll: Thanks OP for posting this.:D

Well hopefully they have a counter and immediately closed the contest when they hit 2000 people. I signed up once the OP posted so hopefully I'm good. I have to cancel my ME LE order from Gamestop since I just lost $60 and can no longer afford it. Good luck to everyone who signed up!

wow.... it is closed now, sooooo I wonder if maybe i scored one! hummmm, i have the game pre-ordered, now i wonder if i should cancel that, just incase i get notified of winning in a week or something.

[quote name='twen']Signed up. Where's the rules in a non-PDF format?[/quote]

Off topic -- if you don't install Adobe's reader because of it's size and annoyances then give Foxit Reader a try. It's small (just over 2 megs) and doesn't leave behind any annoying processes.

no I havent gotten an email either. I signed up for the contest about 2 hours ago when it was letting people sign up. Hopefully it only let 2000 people sign up, just make sure to watch that show whenever it is... Ill probably forget.

im guessing they just closed it after a while, cause.... seriously, its been up since yesterday night, and alot of us signed up at 1pm today or so. since then till now there must have been 2k people hitting that site.... =/ most likely those that hit this today were not in the 2k, but im hoping i am wrong ;P

[quote name='daminion']Off topic -- if you don't install Adobe's reader because of it's size and annoyances then give Foxit Reader a try. It's small (just over 2 megs) and doesn't leave behind any annoying processes.[/QUOTE]

I love Foxit I just haven't gotten around to reinstalling it -- I posted here 2 minutes after the OP did and signed up immediately, I hope *I* get my copy if anyone else does here -.^

Anybody else think they might not start the contacting until after the set time frame in the rules. The rules said it would go until Nov 18th. So maybe on the 19th they will start contacting. Not that I am holding a lot of hope for actually getting a free game, but it would be nice.

Anybody get emails from Sci-Fi yet? I registered before they took it down and am hoping I was one of the first 2K. I figure people should start getting notices soon.

bread's done
Back