A Festivus for the Rest of Us: General Gaming Thread #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be playing Rock Band tomorrow (Home for a month after my 3 finals tomorrow). Will finally get to play some more CoD4 to (my 360 is still being repaired, I'll just play it on my brothers).

Also, to the couple people that were curious like I was, I'll post impressions of Cranium for Wii on Tuesday. Should be at my house tomorrow (via Gamefly).

advance wars. and lots of it. I am on the really hard black obelisk mission. really underated game, Its just to awesome

I've literally just been playing through the same bit in Crysis over and over and over. It's disturbingly fun to blow stuff up.

I love Advance Wars. Last X-mas I let my 10-yr old nephew play AW DS and he was hooked for hours, so I wound up giving him my AW GBA game. Last time I saw him he asked me if I was getting him the DS game for X-mas this year, and I couldn't say no to the little stinker. I picked up a used copy in good condition at EB about a week ago for him.

I'm still slowly plodding my way thru Chrono Cross. Hopefully I'll have it finished by Xmas.

I've been playing Ghost Squad on the Wii lately but it has to be returned today. Outside of that it's been mostly CoD4 on either the PS3 or the 360

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924889.asp

Underrated? No, I don't think so. It's a great game, that got great reviews.[/quote]

Its not the reviews, its the people. I know hardcore gamers that dont even know what advance wars is! Still havent gotten past the obelisk mission. damn you black hole and your ability to capture silos! I blame the green team..

just got done playing some galaxy...really like how nintendo put it up a notch in terms of difficulty
daredevil comets!
but it does get frustrating..

Mainly playing TF2 and Halo 3 online. Kind of got sidetracked from Half-Life 2. I really want to finish that game but everytime I start that disc up I go on down to TF2. On the wii, I have been playing Sonic that I got for $20 at bb black friday sale.

A little off topic, but I signed up for goozex and wanted to get PoP: Warrior within for the GC with my 100 points, but it seems I am so far back in line that I might never get it. Is there anyone that has an opinion about the original Half-Life for the ps2? I am not a pc gamer at all and I really love the Half-life series so far on the orange box. Would this be good to get?

Hexic 2. Got my first pooh-bah yesterday, on level 3 methinks.

This game rocks. The "human superiority" achievement is fucking ridiculous, though.

I have been playing Uncharted and Galaxy. I knew Galaxy was going to be brilliant, but Uncharted is amazing. I am truly enjoying it. It may be a bit linear, but it is oh so playable, polished and fun. It has definitely justified my PS3 purchase.

On a side note, is anyone else hyped about Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? I am digging the gritty nature of it and I am looking forward to the more streamlined gameplay.

I want to get a new tv next year but im not sure if I want to go LCD, Plasma, or DLP/SXRD.

What does Cag think?

[quote name='Nibi']I have been playing Uncharted and Galaxy. I knew Galaxy was going to be brilliant, but Uncharted is amazing. I am truly enjoying it. It may be a bit linear, but it is oh so playable, polished and fun. It has definitely justified my PS3 purchase.

On a side note, is anyone else hyped about Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? I am digging the gritty nature of it and I am looking forward to the more streamlined gameplay.[/quote]I am pretty hyped for the new Advance Wars too. I always wanted to get Dual Strike but I can either never find it or it is going for $29.99 still and I am not paying $29.99 for it this late. Plus the new Advance Wars has Wifi and looks real cool. As for gaming I am going back and forth between Galaxy, Sin and Punishment and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (although finals this week cripples my game time to none.

still a bit of mass effect, but just got into Beats for the PSP... very interesting for $5.

also, I am probably going to downsize my 360 collection (it's already small as is). Halo 3 will be the first to go most likely.

I'm really not sure if I want Mass Effect. Well, at least, I have the LE under the tree, but I dunno... the first impressions that I'm hearing are always "it's really glitchy" and it's probably coming to the PC so...

damn do I hate 360 exclusives...

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm really not sure if I want Mass Effect. Well, at least, I have the LE under the tree, but I dunno...[/QUOTE]
Then send it my way.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'd just hold out for a PC version.[/quote]

That's what I'm doing. Mass Effect and Dead Rising are the two biggest reasons for me to get a 360. One is definitely coming to PC, the other is probably not.

saying you're not sure you want Mass Effect is like saying Castro spooned with you in your bed for the last 12 hours.

story.castro.bed.gi.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']saying you're not sure you want Mass Effect is like saying Castro spooned with you in your bed for the last 12 hours.

story.castro.bed.gi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You raise a startlingly good point.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']He's just sayin he'd rather play the game on PC, which is perfectly understandable.[/QUOTE]

Which is like saying you'd want to spoon with a PC named Castro for 12 hours.

Personally I say that if it does come out on PC, PC will be the better version due to cache issues the 360 had. The 360 wouldn't have those problems if MS wasn't so stickler on games requiring to work on systems without harddrives. If Bioware can get MS to let them force players to have a HDD for Mass Effect Part 2, then yeah, 360 will be up to snuff.

I was so close to grabbing Rock Band today while at Best Buy, but I just couldn't. There's gotta be a way to get it for less.

Oh man, so up to this point, I've only been playing Deathmatch in UT3. Stupid. I tried Warfare mode and it's sooooo insanely good. Holy shit.

[quote name='whoknows']I was so close to grabbing Rock Band today while at Best Buy, but I just couldn't. There's gotta be a way to get it for less.[/QUOTE]
There is a 10% off Reward Zone coupon this weekend (expires tomorrow.) I went to my BB to look for it, but there were none. Didn't matter in the end, as I left my CC at home.

Finished Galaxy this evening, and I can tell these purple coin things are going to do bad things to my heart rate. They aren't going to get any easier, are they?

so I'm going to buy a new game on wednesday after finals are done to give myself something to do for the month and a half I have off for christmas break. the general consensus seems to be mass effect, but I'm waiting for a used copy to come in at work. what else should I consider?

Trying to beat Assassin's Creed right now.

I'm at the final point in the game and this current battle has me pretty frustrated. I love how I can knock a guy to the ground, hack at him with a sword 3-4 times and he doesn't die.

Geez.

Well... what do you already have?

Also, beat the "main" bit of Mario Galaxy, but still have plenty of stars to go. Toy Time galaxy still the best one by a mile.

[quote name='asianxcore']Trying to beat Assassin's Creed right now.

I'm at the final point in the game and this current battle has me pretty frustrated. I love how I can knock a guy to the ground, hack at him with a sword 3-4 times and he doesn't die.

Geez.[/QUOTE]
That's where I stopped. I'll go back to it eventually, but I don't really care at the moment.

Also, alt-tabbing between Starcraft and other things. If anyone wants to join me (I'm all alone), I'm using Brood War on USWest. The channel is "CAG".

[quote name='The Crotch']Well... what do you already have?

Also, beat the "main" bit of Mario Galaxy, but still have plenty of stars to go. Toy Time galaxy still the best one by a mile.[/quote]

for wii I'm already playing

zack and wiki
fire emblem

and I've played through resident evil umbrella chronicles as well. I also have super mario galaxy on my xmas list so i dont' want to buy that.

on 360, I have

WWE smackdown vs raw 2008
bioshock
dead rising
forza 2
viva pinata

[quote name='jimfoley16']So what's the final concensus(sp?) on the Wii Zapper - yay or nay?[/QUOTE]
I used it at a friends with Umbrella Chronicles and it was pretty bleh. I went back to just using the wiimote alone.

EDIT: BTW, Umbrella Chronicles is awesome so buy it if you don't have it.

[quote name='jimfoley16']So what's the final concensus(sp?) on the Wii Zapper - yay or nay?[/quote]

I'd say yay for arcade shooters like ghost squad, RE umbrella chronicles and the upcoming house of the dead II & III, and the fact that you get link's crossbow training.

but for the most part, it's really personal preferences. I liked it for certain games, but not for most.

A friend let me borrow Saint's Row, and I'm getting close to finishing that up. I'd really like to finish finding all the CDs and tags and doing all the activities, but I've been holding off on starting Mass Effect until I'm done with SR, and can get it back to him. If I wasn't most of the way through the game, I'd break down and get my own copy for $20 at BB this week, but...

So anyway, Mass Effect very soon for me.

Thumbs down on the zapper... I haven't even used mine that I bought... I tried it at E 4 All and it really hinders gameplay... It feels wonky... Using the wii remote is much more comfortable....

whoo~!!! I gotta Wii!!

I'm finally in the next gen now!! and playing Mario 64 with it!!

(I never had N64...)

congrats on the Wii. And congrats on not getting screwed on the N64. Man, I was so excited when I got that thing on Sep 29, 1996... such a piece of shit.

But I do like Mario 64 a lot.

[quote name='JEKKI']whoo~!!! I gotta Wii!!

I'm finally in the next gen now!! and playing Mario 64 with it!!

(I never had N64...)[/QUOTE]
Happy days.

I still need to grab one myself. Next time I see one I plan to buy it, but the only games I want are Fire Emblem and Galaxy. I would want Umbrella Chronicles but I've played it way too much at my friends house.

FINALLY FOUND ROCK BAND . . . and gave to a friend. :razz: Played it for like 4 hours, it poops all over GHIII (so far).

Also finally took the next big step in gaming, by ditching my PS3 for a PS2 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back