Official "Donate Games to the Troops in Iraq" Thread

#1 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

Flickr Gallery
Posted Image

Previous posts
Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 29 October 2008 - 02:00 AM.
Updated OP with Kevin's mailing address

#2 anomynous   Banned Banned   5192 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

anomynous

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

Thank you for fighting for our country

#3 doctorfaustus   Booknerd CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

doctorfaustus

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too!

#4 Ikohn4ever   No Women, No Children CAGiversary!   10804 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Ikohn4ever

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

hope you get home as soon as possible

#5 Foo228   Brawl Nights host CAGiversary!   5034 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:29 PM

Happy holidays back at cha!

#6 Lupuri   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

God bless brother.

#7 DesertEagleXIX   Semper Economus! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

DesertEagleXIX

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hey, Neushane

A merry Christmas to you! What kind of chow are they serving on-board tonight? Flight Deck Buzzard?

#8 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2689 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

Merry Christmas, stay safe!

#9 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hey, Neushane

A merry Christmas to you! What kind of chow are they serving on-board tonight? Flight Deck Buzzard?

LOL! No Deagle. I just got back from the DFAC (dining facility in case some people dont know) and we had everything you could think of...ham, turkey, roasted pork, mashed potatos, pumpkin pie, baskin robbins ice cream (we only get 5 flavors here, not 31), etc... Sure as hell beats MREs :lol:

Hope under everyone's tree was everything you guys wanted.

#10 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

If anyone has any crappy games that they are going to get rid of, dont trade them in for $2-5.00. Instead, send them out this way. The other day I saw 2 guys I know playing NCAA 2004 on a PS2. If anyone is going to trade in games, especially sports games, i.e. Madden 06 or Tiger Woods, for a crappy $2.00 please change your mind and send it to a soldier stuck out here. I can even paypal you the money if that is what makes you hesitate. I brought 35 or so games out here that I lend out on a regular basis. My wife even hits up the local Blockbusters and EBgames for good used games. The PX store out here still sells games like College Hoops 2K7, Eternal Sonata and Table tennis for $59.99. These younger guys can not afford that. These guys need stuff to help keep them entertained and keep morale up. Being 30 years old myself, I dont ask for me personally but for the 18-20 year old guys out here that never been away from home for such great lengths of time. If you do want to help, anyone can email me out here at shane.neuhaus@tq.mnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

This is by no means a way to scam anyone or take advantage of people. I see a lot of care packages that we hand out on a weekly basis. Some with books, dvds, candy, cookies, beef jerky, magazines, but never a video game. I just thought it would be a great way for people that want to contribute but might not know where to go. Merry Christmas again.

#11 Gourd   Tofu Knight CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

Happy Holidays!

#12 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

Happy Holidays neushane and stay safe.

It would be cool if we did a Child's Play like drive for the troops over seas. Video games for our troops would be a worthy cause.

#13 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

Happy Holidays to you too! Take care. Hope you get to go home soon.

#14 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

Merry Christmas, soldier. Here's to hoping you're coming home soon.

~HotShotX

PS: If by some chance and blessing of God you know a solider named Jeff Correa from New Jersey, tell him his brother from the "Trio" misses him.

#15 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:58 PM

Merry Christmas, soldier. Here's to hoping you're coming home soon.

~HotShotX

PS: If by some chance and blessing of God you know a solider named Jeff Correa from New Jersey, tell him his brother from the "Trio" misses him.

I looked at our email address directory and did not see a Jeff Correa on there for my area but it is restricted only to our LAN. Closest thing to that was a Jerry Correa but I will keep my eyes open for you. I see hundreds of guys a day at the chowhall.

#16 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:08 PM

Happy Holidays neushane and stay safe.

It would be cool if we did a Child's Play like drive for the troops over seas. Video games for our troops would be a worthy cause.

Thank you ananag. If it was more official I would have to come up with a catchy name. Something like "Games for Grunts" :lol: :lol:

You would think that as large of an industry video games is that there would be something like that in place. Maybe if this is something I can get to take off I would have to do just that...start a charity. Heck, then people could even make donations tax deductible. Win, win situation. I have done a lot of volunteering during my 12 years in the Navy. Everything I volunteered for was because I enjoyed it and not for brownie points. I think something like this would just top the cake since gaming is such a huge hobby for me.

#17 Panda   It's Ms Panda to you. CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

Happy holidays and stay safe while you're in Iraq. I would send you a cheap game or two, but I'm already supporting 4 or 5 soldiers during their 15 months tour. Quite an expensive hobby to keep sending care packages. Maybe I'll find something to throw something your way. Hehehe.

P.S. If you see my bf over there, please give him a big wet kiss for me! :D

#18 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY   William "Hog" Macy CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

Hey man, thank you for going out there for the patriotic cause; some may disagree with the politics of it, but we can all appreciate what you guys do for the country.

Merry Christmas from famous movie actor "William H. Macy"!

Posted Image

#19 Bazz  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Happy Holidays! Be safe.

#20 packerfan10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

packerfan10

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

Happy Holidays man. I got a friend who is in the millitary. He finished boot camp around a month ago and is going to Iraq in a few weeks after he goes back on January 5 or 6th I forgot. ^_^ Thanks for everythat that you are doing.

#21 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

I looked at our email address directory and did not see a Jeff Correa on there for my area but it is restricted only to our LAN. Closest thing to that was a Jerry Correa but I will keep my eyes open for you. I see hundreds of guys a day at the chowhall.

That means a lot of me, thanks a lot and stay safe.

Edit: Also, Jeff Correa's in the Air Force, not Navy. So I don't know about your chances of running across him, but here's hoping. Thanks again.

~HotShotX

#22 evanft   Wombat needs Nutrisystem. CAGiversary!   7006 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:34 PM

Is your life accelerated? Did you get to meet the Arbiter?

#23 Bathory   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hope you have a merry christmas and arrive home soon!

#24 Liquid 2   Dutch Dreams CAGiversary!   24368 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Merry Christmas, man. Shame that your out there. Good luck, and I hope you get home soon.

#25 levi333   Guns... CAGiversary!   3062 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:14 AM

Merry Christmas, stay safe, and thanks!

#26 FaintDeftone   Zelda Fanatic CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FaintDeftone

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:40 AM

Merry Christmas buddy! You have all of my respect for being out there and going through all of those tough times. I hope you all come home safe and soon.

#27 FeuerFrei   Kupo CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:47 AM

If you do want to help, anyone can email me out here at shane.neuhaus@tq.mnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

What kinda games do you guys have? And what systems? Pretty much every system?

#28 shady859   Big Blue Nation CAGiversary!   7283 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:01 AM

Merry Christmas even though i'm a little late... Happy Holidays and best wishes to you and everyone you are with over there. It's gotta be really hard being away from your families and especially during this time of the year! Stay safe and remember you've got millions of people over here wishing you good luck and a safe return home! :)

#29 alexandertyler   Be Platform Agnostic! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

alexandertyler

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:10 AM

I just wanted to give a holiday shoutout to all my fellow CAGs. MERRY CHRISTMAS! A bunch of us are currently stationed out here in Iraq and have limited internet access. Man, I miss hitting up the hot deals forum and getting in on those sweet deals I keep seeing! Everything out here is ridiculously priced and the trade scene is the only way to go to get different games. I also miss getting the CAGcasts every week. We do not have the bandwidth to even download the files. I have my wife download them to a CD for me and mail them out. It maybe "old" news by the time it gets in my hands but thank you for continuing to make this place a great site to visit, no matter where in the world you are. Happy Holidays!

neushane
US Navy

Safe journey there and back! Thank you for your service and Merry Christmas and hopefully a Happy New Year!!!

Gratefully yours,

Alex

#30 Grave_Addiction   The Sega Nerd CAGiversary!   5849 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Grave_Addiction

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

I was in Baghdad a couple years back during the holidays, and despite being in a war, they really did a great job making us feel as much at home as possible. At the chow hall, they had a ridiculously huge feast throughout the day. Very nice.

Hope you stay safe and return home to your family. God bless.