Official "Donate Games to the Troops in Iraq" Thread

Haha you the man Lunchbox i'll have a few in your honor later tonight! :beer:

Stay safe Neushane, Lunchbox and everyone else over there!:pray:

Yeah, still workng here too. Man, this was the 1st New Years Eve on like 10 years where I dodnt get messed up. Feels like just another day. Fortunately I went to the PX today and guess what was on the shelf...GHIII. Man, I feel relieved to have something new to play.!

[quote name='neushane']
If you like I will rename the thread. I just would like to know CAG is okay with that. If any moderators are reading this thread or if someone can tell me who to contact, I would like permission to make this okay. Thank you to everyone. I think we can make this work. If it becomes official, I will post the FPO address for my unit.

Shane[/quote]

Absolutely! I'd love to send some stuff over too!

[quote name='CheapyD']Absolutely! I'd love to send some stuff over too![/quote]

There you go. I'll take that as our green-light for the "Overseas Military CAG Donation Thread".

Neushane, can you rename the thread and the OP to reflect what systems/accesories you guys have availiable, take some requests, and an address to which sending everything would be appropriate?

Update the OP with lists and pictures of anything that comes in. I'll go through my libary and send out a few things once I get home on the 4th.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Do we need to coordinate who sends what or are multiple copies of things ok?[/quote]

Neushane and his group would probably have final word on that, but I imagine a copy per console would be appropriate. If things get too out of hand, then the troops might be flinging copies of Madden at the enemy. :)

The best thing to do would be for Neu to turn the OP into a list of what they currently have, so donaters can have an easier time deciding what to send.

~HotShotX

WOW! Great news CheapyD! Thank you for your support. I will change the OP and rename the thread as you guys mentioned. I will also post all the information needed.

Neushane, do you have a list of what games are already out there? Also, I'd rename the thread to something that blatantly states that this is a video game donation drive, as the title is currently a little ambiguous.

I'm getting home tonight, so I'll get a few of my games together and send them your way.

~HotShotX

HotShotX, didnt realize the confusion there until I reread it. I changed the title. I have a list of the games that my guys have. I really did not see the point in a list because if you knew the number of people out on this base a list would not matter. Not only that but for me to try to get a list from everyone here, it would take me to the end of my deployment :) This base is the largest in the area for material movements.

I can tell you my guys have Madden and NCAA 08 for the PS2. They also have Condemned, Tiger Woods 07, PGR3, Oblivion, GHII, GHIII, Beowulf, Call Of Duty 2, Gears of War, and The Simpsons for the Xbox 360.

On the PSP, they have Metal Gear Ac!d, Lumines, Lumines 2, Final Fantasy, Marvel Alliance, and Madden 07.

props go out to neushane for tryin to help all our guys over here in iraq!!:applause: ive already contacted neushane , im over here in speicher , but i just got word that im movin to another fob , anyways heres my email [email protected] later guys!!! oo and hey neushane , im all for RPG's , and shooters , and some of the guys are in for sports games!!!

Hey neushane, I've got the following coming your way:

James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire (GC)
Metroid Prime (GC)
NBA street (GC)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (GC)
True Crime: Streets of LA (GC)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Wii)

When they show up, post a few pics with the guys (I know they aren't the best games, but it's a start).

~HotShotX

HotShotX, good looking out! I will be sure to keep an eye out for your package and find new owners from your donations. Thank you for your generosity. Pics and feedback will follow as promised.

Ill have to go through some of my games when i get home, I got some 06 360 Sports games that i got my 1000 points out of that i will gladly send over since they are pointless to trade in, and im sure i have some others i would gladly part with.

Okay, weird question.

Am I wrong to assume that you folks over there can't use Xbox Live? I know it's a stupid question, but I'm wondering how you guys get game updates and stuff...

Unfortunately we can not use Xblox Live here so no game updates, movies, demos or arcade games :whistle2:(

Thank you for everyone who took the initiative to contact me and ship out some games to this cause. Hopefully everyone that contributes will feel as if I handled everything as professional as possible and thank you for your support.

Shane

HotShotX: I got your games today. Thank you so much for your contribution!!!! I sent in a local buttetin board ad reflecting the games you sent. The Admins guys should post it tomorrow and I am sure some guys/gals will snatch them up right away. I will post pictures and results once someone answers the ad I sent in. Thank you again!

neushane

[quote name='neushane']HotShotX: I got your games today. Thank you so much for your contribution!!!! I sent in a local buttetin board ad reflecting the games you sent. The Admins guys should post it tomorrow and I am sure some guys/gals will snatch them up right away. I will post pictures and results once someone answers the ad I sent in. Thank you again!

neushane[/quote]

Awesome, thanks Neushane.

~HotShotX

Neushane would like to thank you first, for starting this idea. Its a great idea.

HotShotX Thank you for sending some games, I received True Crime, and NBA Street.

To everyone else, to give you an idea of how big this base really is. I meet Neushane today for the first time in my life. He works 100yrds from where I work. The reason we never meet before is this. We have different job in different branches of the service. I am a SSgt in the Marines, and he is a sailor.

There are a lot of units here that wouldnt know him also just because they wouldnt have a reason to do business with him. But he is using a lot of resources to get the word out here, I found out and I am very greetful now.

Thank you to all who are sending them out.

Last thing I would like to say, in my opinion multi copies should be fine, cause there are a lot of units here and there are other bases also.

Good to hear they found the right home.

CAGs, if you've got some games just lying around not doing anything for you anymore, ship it out to these guys, they go through more than enough to warrant a bit of a good ole fashioned gaming break every now and then.

Neushane's working hard to get word out on the base when new games come in, so they'll definitely get passed around to a lot of people.
(Kind of like your mom).

Welcome to CAG, Sabain.

~HotShotX

Great idea... I just recommend that these things go to a central MWR where they can be signed out rather than just handed out to troops. Mainly because I know they'll take those games back home with them rather than leave them in theater and thus defeating the purpose of this thread.
Just speaking from what I've seen happen myself with goodies that were sent out there.

[quote name='Wolve11']Great idea... I just recommend that these things go to a central MWR where they can be signed out rather than just handed out to troops. Mainly because I know they'll take those games back home with them rather than leave them in theater and thus defeating the purpose of this thread.
Just speaking from what I've seen happen myself with goodies that were sent out there.[/quote]

That would be a good idea in a normal enviroment like back in home port with the base spport but here is a little bit different. We have internet cafes and stuff like that. They even let you check out pc games. Only a few issues with that. One, they are bootlegs that they do not let you leave the cafe with. Local use only (you even have to install cracks to get the games to work). Two, it is run my the local TCNs (Third Country Nationals) and not MWR related. The third issue would be the manpower. This base is thin on support. They have 3 local MWRs established, one for each LSA (Logistic Support Area). They offer pool, darts, movies, etc... but no video games and added responsibilities has not been there favorite thing.

Also, not all people have vehicles to get to these areas. I just had to drive to meet a guy to give a few games to because he did not have transportation. This base covers over 26 miles in length, it is really large. With me posting to a bulletin board, I do not have to discriminate to a certain branch of the military. I am Navy but gave out the games HotShotx sent out to 3 Marines and 1 fellow Sailor. If I could get one MWR to hold onto and check out the games, only that branch of service would be able to utilize the function unless they had transportation and the time to drive 40 minutes roundtrip to that MWR site.

Like I said great idea and my initial thoughts. I just knew it would not work here. I do not know what you have sent out here but I am sure it was put to good use and appreciated. That is my only hope as well. Plus, coming from CAG and putting that word out gets people that might not have known about CAG to come to the site, give thanks and maybe become an actve member in the community. Like Sabain and the 2 other guys that should be coming here in the next day or so to show there thanks as well. That would not be possible with the games going to MWR and I do not think the same value would be added to the contributions. I hate to say it but a lot of guys just except certain services. It is the ones that catch them "off guard" that count.

Neushane

I will definitely give this a shoutout on the CAGcast this week and will put together a sizable care package of my own. Mrs Cheapy will be thrilled I'm getting rid of some of this stuff.

[quote name='CheapyD']I will definitely give this a shoutout on the CAGcast this week and will put together a sizable care package of my own. Mrs Cheapy will be thrilled I'm getting rid of some of this stuff.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks Cheapy.

~HotShotX

With the help of Shane and all those who donated games; my time out here will be more enjoyable and faster. Keep it up and thanks again

Sgt walters
USMC:applause:

[quote name='CheapyD']I will definitely give this a shoutout on the CAGcast this week and will put together a sizable care package of my own. Mrs Cheapy will be thrilled I'm getting rid of some of this stuff.[/quote]
I bet the United State Marine Corp could get your busted Robocop gun fixed and put it to good use. :D

BTW, I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this but Briansraregames has asked that his prize for the Child's Play raffle (XBOX360 Rainbow Six Vegas) be donated to the Troops in Iraq. So I'll be sending that out ASAP!

[quote name='Justden']I bet the United State Marine Corp could get your busted Robocop gun fixed and put it to good use. :D

BTW, I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this but Briansraregames has asked that his prize for the Child's Play raffle (XBOX360 Rainbow Six Vegas) be donated to the Troops in Iraq. So I'll be sending that out ASAP![/quote]

That's awesome! Thanks Brian!

~HotShotX

I received a package today from a fellow CAG who would like to remain anonymous that donated the following:

- Mass Effect (brand new & sealed) :360:
- Metal Slug Anthology (brand new & sealed) :ps2:
- Soul Calibur 2 :xbox:

I want to say thank you for the very kind donation. Someone will be very greatful. I will be sure to pass along where the generosity came from to the people that receive the games.

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1518037_1001063.JPG.html

Cheapy, thank you for the shoutout on the CAGCast. I am still in the process of downloading it. It looks like it will be about 2 hours for it to finish with this 5-6kb per sec connection I have going. I cheated by looking at the spoiler in the thread...:lol:

Hey neushane, I've got 6 more games coming your way, I'll be shipping them tomorrow:

Tony Hawk's Underground (GC)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (GC)
The Simpsons: Hit & Run (GC)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GC)
Madden 2002 (GC)
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (GC)

CAGs, this thread isn't seeing much action, come on, help these guys out. We've got over 100,000 members on CAG, I know not all are active, but I think the thread could at least hit 300 replies, and maybe 20-30 unique donations.

These guys sacrifice a large part of their lives to be out there, particularly time with their families, and while I believe the best thing would be to bring them home immediately, the least we can do outside of government intervention is send some entertainment their way, a little piece of home, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the war. (I know none of this is about that, but maybe it is holding some of you back on helping them out).

In all honesty, where would you rather see your games end up? On a GameStop shelf, or in the hands of a fellow CAG in need?

~HotShotX

Neushane, I sent the package out today, you should get it in a few days.

Also, I've been asked if PC games could be sent out and put to good use as well. Any thoughts?

~HotShotX

Sent out some new games that range from decent to comical for a Marine to be playing. Oh and XXX treat too. Look out for the name "Thorbahn."

[quote name='thorbahn3']Sent out some new games that range from decent to comical for a Marine to be playing. Oh and XXX treat too. Look out for the name "Thorbahn."[/quote]

Hahaha...I will be looking for that one Thorbahn. Can always use some good pr0n to wisk the time away. Thanks for contributing to the cause.

Hotshotx, I replied to your PM.

PC games are good as long as they do not require some crazy graphics cards only found in todays high end desktops. If it can run on a good laptop then please go for it! I can put anything to use with these guys out here. Anything new to them is golden.

[quote name='apokalipze2']How much is shipping to Iraq?[/quote]

3 Day Airmail to Iraq will run you about $6.50 to ship 6 games (1 lb 14 oz).

The post office also told me today that when shipping Airmail to an FPO (Military) address, they will provide the box, look into that.

~HotShotX

Shipping will vary from $1.40 (1 game in bubble mailer / 1st class mail) to $8.95 (flat rate box / priority). If the postal clerk says that it will cost more than $8.95 than make sure you get a flat rate box from the post office. Boxes for priority mail and flat rate priority mail are free. I usually get priority mail in 4-6 days. Just a little slower than what you would expect in the States. Not bad for being 5000 miles away.

Deagle, thank you for contributing.

Thanks COG, donator's and thanks Nueshane for putting this together. I have just recieved "Mass Effect" from Nueshane. Its really awesome for everyone supports us out here. I hope that more people donate and more people can take part in getting some games to keep thier mind ofF shit on thier down time. THANK YOU AGAIN!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!:lol:

Cool. I've got a bunch of PS2 games (GOOD ones) that I don't know what to do with. I'll be shipping them from Canada (because I love what you do not only for your country but for North America!)

Don't forget your neighbours from the north!
Azumangaman

I also have some 360 games too.
P.S.- neushane, I'm sure you don't, but have any idea about donating games to Canadian soliders? I know most are in Afghanistan, but still...

So I noticed there's a wide variety in the games you guys are receiving. Is there a cut off as far as how old the game is that you'll accept? I've been looking to move some of my last gen stuff (PS2, GCN, Xbox), but I don't wanna end up sending it if there's not demand (in my mind, I picture someone getting last gen stuff and thinking, "Thanks for sending me your crap."). I'm not sure what games still hold interest over there since I'm a bit out of the loop.

A lot of guys out here have PS2s because they are small, light, and easily transported. PS2 still gets new games. They only guys I personally know that have the original Xbox are the S-6 guys which is the Communications Deptartment. They control all the PCs and network so you know what they do ALL day long (j/k). But when I post stuff to the bulletin board I usually get alot of responses so I do not think everyone is thinking they are crap. Also do not forget backwards compatibility with GC/Wii & Xbox/Xbox 360 & PS2/PS3. Some of us "older" games like the "classics". I love playing Contra or Super Contra that i DLed from XBLA when I was in the states. Side-scroll shooters I kick ass at because that was all we played in my generation (Contra, Life Force, Gradius, Rush n Attack, and that one free game we got on XBLA). I play with some of these younger guys and they suck at them or wont play them at all.

Welcome Mavric329! Glad the package arrived up there with no problems.

I have only seen a few British guys and alot of Austrailians. Everyone else has been American. But if I do see any Canadians, I will let you know and let them know what we are doing here at CAG.

I'm going to drop a few items in the mail on Monday after I hit up Gamestop 25% sale tomorrow.

I noticed you got called a 'soldier' and a 'Marine' on the CAGcast. Someone should tell them they fight, but they don't build ;)

So far it's:

FFXII -PS2 (Sealed)
Max Payne 1 and 2 XBox
Madden 2005 XBox
Art of Fighting Anthology - PS2
Tiger Wood 2007 PC (Sealed)
Winning 11 7 (ps2)

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I'm going to drop a few items in the mail on Monday after I hit up Gamestop 25% sale tomorrow.

I noticed you got called a 'soldier' and a 'Marine' on the CAGcast. Someone should tell them they fight, but they don't build ;)

So far it's:

FFXII -PS2 (Sealed)
Max Payne 1 and 2 XBox
Madden 2005 XBox
Art of Fighting Anthology - PS2
Tiger Wood 2007 PC (Sealed)
Winning 11 7 (ps2)[/quote]

Awesome, just let me know when it ships so I can plan my mail runs. I don't mind if I am called anything else military related. I get called SSgt all the time by the Marines out here. Everyone gets along pretty good but yeah, they can't build for shit and we are pretty good at both.

How is all that rain in Cali? My wife said she had to evacuate the dog from our garage and the maintenance guys came over and put sandbags around the back porch leading into the garage. My dog was treated like a refugee.

[quote name='neushane']
How is all that rain in Cali? My wife said she had to evacuate the dog from our garage and the maintenance guys came over and put sandbags around the back porch leading into the garage. My dog was treated like a refugee.[/QUOTE]

I'll send it out on Monday, Jan 28th, or Tuesday, at the latest.

Well, a few miles north of me the 5 freeway has been closed because of SNOW. That's a new one around here. Sorry to hear about your family; hope Fido's O.K.

The rain is making me lazy. Today all I did is eat and go see 'Rambo'; I can't wait for a bit of sun so I can get some exercise again.

To my surprise, I had a package addresses to me from Wombat himself. Opened it up to find the following for our troops:

Saints Row :360:
Virtua Tennis 3 (New & Sealed) :360:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent:360:

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1537462_1001067.JPG.html

Thank you for the support and I will try to get the new owners to do the same. I am sure they will like the games that you were kind enough to share. I attached a pic of what we do with expired ordinance around here...make them decorations! :)

[quote name='neushane']To my surprise, I had a package addresses to me from Wombat himself. Opened it up to find the following for our troops:

Saints Row :360:
Virtua Tennis 3 (New & Sealed) :360:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent:360:

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1537462_1001067.JPG.html

Thank you for the support and I will try to get the new owners to do the same. I am sure they will like the games that you were kind enough to share. I attached a pic of what we do with expired ordinance around here...make them decorations! :)[/QUOTE]

You know, you should thank Cheapy for Saints Row because he gave him that game after whining that he wanted a copy.

bread's done
Back