- - - - -

Official "Donate Games to the Troops in Iraq" Thread

#151 gh0ul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:17 AM

I sent 18 PS2 games to you via priority mail about a week ago. The guy at the PO said that it takes 1-1.5 weeks to get to Iraq. How about posting some pics when you get them? Thanks!

It all depends where you are in iraq. Bigger bases would get them faster. My packages usually took like 2-3 weeks. :bomb:

#152 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

Here is my plan for the first batch:

:ps3:Uncharted
:360:Lego Star Wars Orignal Trilogy
:360:Prey
:360:The Darkness
:360:Burnout Revenge
:360:King Kong
:360:Need for Speed Carbon
:360:Kameo

I have a bunch more, but I think these are the best of the bunch and I'm expecting shipping to cost a shitload!

#153 WhipSmartBanky   Bring on the free hooch! CAGiversary!   15314 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

WhipSmartBanky

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:54 AM

Posted Image

Games are on the way, first thing tomorrow morning!

:ds: Cooking Mama
:ds: Metroid Pinball
:ds: Meteos
:ps2: Beyond Good And Evil
:ps2: Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
:ps2: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
:ps2: Samurai Legend Musashi

#154 PressStart   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

PressStart

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:55 AM

Like a few others mentioned, can we donate consoles?

I'd like to donate my 360 with Dead Rising (the only game I own).

#155 Barnolde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:27 AM

Is there a deadline for this or anything of the sort? I've got a few games I'd like to send and I could probably try and collect some around my campus and send off a huge lot at once.

Also, can we donate controllers? Since getting a PS3 and selling my PS2, I've got a few PS2 controllers just sitting around.

What about DVD movies? Since all the consoles play those.

#156 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10629 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

I need to donate a few ps2 games I don't play anymore

#157 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

neushane, i've got $250 to spend on ya'll. anything in particular you want? controllers? mass effect? gears of war? halo3? resistence? ratchet and clank? super mario galaxy? super smash bros brawl (next month)? or a hell of a lot of xbox, ps2, and gc games?

Shit that is very generous of you. I know that the Battalion does not have Gears because they always borrow mine or I go play with them on Sundays. I would have games like Gears, Halo3 and COD4 are must haves for them. I know they have COD4 and it gets alot of play time over there. All they have is one Xbox 360 for 250 guys. I am giving them the Rock Band Bundle I received from GameStop because they are more structured for permanent gaming and it looks like the stuff is going to stay here instead of going home with someone. Please use your best judgement and thank you for whatever you can contribute.

On a side note, our internet went down and I dont know what happened but this thread blew up (Hotshotx, you do get much love!) Glad to read everyone's responses and questions. I will get them answered as soon as I can get some free time (in a few hours).

#158 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

Cheapy, ship them to Wombat and then have him send them over. I am sure it wont cost you as much since Wombat will get to utiliza the FPO address.

(Sorry Wombat for increasing your workload...lol)

#159 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

i'm wondering if they need consoles?

To answer a few questions since I have some time now:

I have not seen a Dreamcast out here which is a shame because it was my favorite console.

If I was to receive a console I NEED to make sure it goes to some place where it gets checked in and out from an MWR like the donations I made to the Seabee Battalion. They have the Xbox 360 and 4 controllers but to play it you need to go to the office and check out the controllers. The console stays by the TV. I will kindly accept consoles as long as I can find places organized to care for and monitor it.

I received large donations from pinebarrens and DesertEagleXIX. I got your packages yesterday, just did not have time to post or upload anything.

PINEBARRENS
-Tony Hawk’s Underground 2 (PS2)
-Star Wars Battlefront (PS2)
-Soul Calibur 2 (PS2)
-Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
-Area-51 (PS2)
-Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
-Devil May Cry 4 (PS2)
-Manhunt (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
-Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2)
-007 – From Russia With Love (PS2)
-Gun (PS2)
-Super Trucks Racing (PS2)
-Tiger Woods 2005 (PS2)
-Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS2)
-Total Overdose (PS2)
-Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)
-Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2)

DESERTEAGLEXIX:
-Winning Eleven 7 (PS2)
-Art of Fighting Anthology (PS2)
-Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
-Spellforce 2 (PC)
-Half-Life 2 (PC)
-Tiger Woods ’06 (PC)
-Max Payne 2 (Xbox)
-Max Payne (Xbox)
-Madden 2005 (Xbox)

Here is a pic of both your donations, well as many as I could fit:
http://www.imagehost...001072.JPG.htmlhttp://www.imagehost...001072.JPG.html

Thank you again, they are going to get shipped up to a fellow CAG, ninjalunchbox, along with some other games (40 total)

Here is a pic of the Rock Band Bundle I received from GameStop in Grapevine, Texas next to my hoopdee (dont laugh, it goes 50mph:hot:)
http://www.imagehost...001073.JPG.html

P.S. - If there is a better/perferred way to host or link to images let me know. I have just been doing it like this (as links) because it is easier with the crappy connection we have.
http://www.imagehost...001073.JPG.html

#160 G-Nitro   G-Nitro.com CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

I'm working on a large donation right now. I have 10 games currently from a private collection. Also collecting money and games at work. They're doing a 50/50 raffle here and I'm expecting a good amount from that. Without the raffle, currently sitting at $100 donated. All money will be spent Friday at Gamestop on more games. Also my father is going to use his business to cover all shipping costs to get the games to you. I'll pm you when games are mailed off, which should be next week.

#161 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

Damn this thread has really blown up. :) I'll try compiling a list of everything that's been donated thus far later today.

~HotShotX

#162 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Damn this thread has really blown up. :) I'll try compiling a list of everything that's been donated thus far later today.

~HotShotX

Too late HotShotx. I have been keeping track for future considerations:

CAG DONATIONS

HotShotX:
-James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire (GC)
-Metroid Prime (GC)
-NBA street (GC)
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (GC)
-True Crime: Streets of LA (GC)
-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Wii)
-Madden 2002 (GC)
-Tony Hawk’s Underground (GC)
-The Simpsons Hit & Run (GC)
-The Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King (GC)
-Prince of Persia – The Sand of Time (GC)
-Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4 (GC)

Anonymous:
- Mass Effect (brand new & sealed) (Xbox 360)
- Metal Slug Anthology (brand new & sealed) (PS2)
- Soul Calibur 2 (Xbox)

Wombat:
-Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360)
-Saint’s Row (Xbox 360)
-Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Xbox 360)

Briansraregames:
-Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360)

Thorbahn3:
-Puffy Amiyumi Kaznapped (GB Advance)
-Spy Hunter / Super Sprint (GB Advance)
-Duel Masters Kaijudo Showdown (GB Advance)
-Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2)

Izzard Lizard:
-PS2:
-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
-NCAA Marsh Madness 2005
-Power Drome
-NCAA COllege Football 2k3
-NHL FaceOff 2003
-SpyHunter
-Deus Ex
-Gran Turismo 3
-High Heat 2002

-Xbox:
-Brute Force
-Crimson Skies
-ESPN Football 2k4
-Jade Empire: Limited Edition
-NCAA College Basketball 2k3
-NCAA Football 2005
-New Legends
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
-Unreal Championship
-Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
-World Championship Poker
-World Series Baseball 2k3

Xbox 360:
-NBA 2K6
-Perfect Dark Zero

Gamestop 625 Westport Parkway Grapevine, TX 76051:
-Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (Xbox 360)

DesertEagleXIX:
-Winning Eleven 7 (PS2)
-Art of Fighting Anthology (PS2)
-Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
-Spellforce 2 (PC)
-Half-Life 2 (PC)
-Tiger Woods ’06 (PC)
-Max Payne 2 (Xbox)
-Max Payne (Xbox)
-Madden 2005 (Xbox)

Pinebarrens:
-Tony Hawk’s Underground 2 (PS2)
-Star Wars Battlefront (PS2)
-Soul Calibur 2 (PS2)
-Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
-Area-51 (PS2)
-Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
-Devil May Cry 4 (PS2)
-Manhunt (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
-Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2)
-007 – From Russia With Love (PS2)
-Gun (PS2)
-Super Trucks Racing (PS2)
-Tiger Woods 2005 (PS2)
-Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS2)
-Total Overdose (PS2)
-Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)
-Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2)

I think that is all to date. If I messed anything up or left anything/anyone out please chew my ass out...j/k please let me know.

I'm working on a large donation right now. I have 10 games currently from a private collection. Also collecting money and games at work. They're doing a 50/50 raffle here and I'm expecting a good amount from that. Without the raffle, currently sitting at $100 donated. All money will be spent Friday at Gamestop on more games. Also my father is going to use his business to cover all shipping costs to get the games to you. I'll pm you when games are mailed off, which should be next week.

Damn Nitro...In the military we call that "going above and beyond". Way to look out and your efforts are more than appreciated. It is guys like this and like everyone else here on CAG that are always willing to help out without question that make helping such a good feeling. It might seem small to you but it is a big deal to us. Just like when we (the Seabees) build schools, homes or even water wells for countries that would not even have fresh water for their kids to drink. We complete projects like that all the time so it does not seem like a big deal but it truly is when your on the outside looking in. Thank you.

#163 G-Nitro   G-Nitro.com CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Damn Nitro...In the military we call that "going above and beyond". Way to look out and your efforts are more than appreciated. It is guys like this and like everyone else here on CAG that are always willing to help out without question that make helping such a good feeling. It might seem small to you but it is a big deal to us. Just like when we (the Seabees) build schools, homes or even water wells for countries that would not even have fresh water for their kids to drink. We complete projects like that all the time so it does not seem like a big deal but it truly is when your on the outside looking in. Thank you.

Neushane, actually it's become quite a big deal to me and a lot of others where I work. Myself and many co-workers are prior military, and others have family serving now, so the minute I sent out the e-mail stating this was for the troops, everyone was ready to help out. We're all just glad we can help those who protect us and others. And like I said, I'll PM you once everything is sent out.

#164 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Now that I see GameStop sent something, I feel kinda guilty that I wrote "Screw GameStop" in the digg thread title. However, being a huge corporation, they could have sent a lot more, so I won't feel that bad.

I'm going to see if I can get Amazon to contribute.

#165 portwineboy   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

portwineboy

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hey folks. Found this thread from Digg and sent off a package this morning.

All 360 games

Assassin's Creed
Halo 3
Gears of War
Saints Row
Call of Duty 3
GRAW
Darkness
Battlestations Midway
Crimson Skies

and a 48 hour live card (not sure if that helps anyone lol)

#166 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

and a 48 hour live card (not sure if that helps anyone lol)

Oh snap, I smell a "Military vs. Civilians Call of Duty 4 Grudge Match" on the horizon.

The civilian CAGs are gonna have to warm up with several matches of "Hunt the Wombat" over the next few weeks.

~HotShotX

#167 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

Now that I see GameStop sent something, I feel kinda guilty that I wrote "Screw GameStop" in the digg thread title. However, being a huge corporation, they could have sent a lot more, so I won't feel that bad.

I'm going to see if I can get Amazon to contribute.

I do not think it was corporate that sent the game but rather a local store located by Izzard Lizard. He must have given them the information. I planned on calling them tomorrow and thanking them since our phone is back up and running. I will find out if they are independent or not.

Posted Image

Thats one satisfied Wombat...:D:D:D:D

#168 protmind   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

protmind

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned already. but NPR's Bryant Park Project mentioned "Cheapbutt gamer" (they wouldn't say ass on the radio) and the send used games to the troops effort today. They also mentioned that gamestop sucks.

#169 decker12   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

decker12

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

I also came to this thread from Digg. Here's the list of what I am sending, all PS2 games:

NCAA 2005
Final Fantasy X
Champions of Norrath
Toca Race Driver 2
Madden 2004
Madden 2002
Gran Turismo 3
MLB Slugfest 2004

I know the sports titles aren't the latest and greatest but they're still a hell of alot of fun to play!

#170 Jerkfish   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Jerkfish

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Hey. I just saw the article on Kotaku a little while ago. I don't have much to spare but I'll be sending out Bully for the PS2 and Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS in a day or two.

#171 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:22 PM

Shit that is very generous of you. I know that the Battalion does not have Gears because they always borrow mine or I go play with them on Sundays. I would have games like Gears, Halo3 and COD4 are must haves for them. I know they have COD4 and it gets alot of play time over there. All they have is one Xbox 360 for 250 guys. I am giving them the Rock Band Bundle I received from GameStop because they are more structured for permanent gaming and it looks like the stuff is going to stay here instead of going home with someone. Please use your best judgement and thank you for whatever you can contribute.

On a side note, our internet went down and I dont know what happened but this thread blew up (Hotshotx, you do get much love!) Glad to read everyone's responses and questions. I will get them answered as soon as I can get some free time (in a few hours).

Not a problem. Ya'll deserve this more than I do.
Sounds like they could use another xbox 360? 250 guys is a lot for just one 360... I can round up more cash for that, controllers, and possibly Gears or COD4.

#172 SOLIDAge   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

SOLIDAge

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

I'm sending out some games tomorrow.

PS2.
MVP 2005
SOCOM 1
GTA III

PSP
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 1
MLB 06
Splinter Cell

Not much, but glad to give to the troops.

#173 Bazz  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

I had no idea this thread been around so long. I just saw a post on main page and Kotaku I'll be sure to send some stuff your way.

#174 craab   Double Ace in a day... CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Shane,

9 PS2 games went out to you today.

#175 umbepo   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

I'm gonna send all of my old ps2 games (16 total) and I'm gonna ask all my friends here in Monterrey, Mexico if they've got any. Shipping will be a little long since I have to make a trip to Texas in order to ship reliably.

Great cause, good luck!

#176 Quintessence   The Darkness Consumes CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Quintessence

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

Not sure if this was mentioned already. but NPR's Bryant Park Project mentioned "Cheapbutt gamer" (they wouldn't say ass on the radio) and the send used games to the troops effort today. They also mentioned that gamestop sucks.

Ha! Well, I guess it is still good publicity.

#177 bsesb2003   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

bsesb2003

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

What about a console - is that ok to send?

#178 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:45 AM

I'll promise you guys one thing. As soon as I land a job, I'll donate. Being jobless really sucks.

#179 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:55 AM

Kotaku:
Cheap Ass Gamer Collecting Games For Troops

1UP:
CAG Launches 'Games for Troops' Campaign

#180 Ikohn4ever   No Women, No Children CAGiversary!   10804 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Ikohn4ever

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:07 AM

i don't have many games that i would give up, unless you still accept some Gamecube games. Also I would be willing to drop some coin on a donation if possible to create a fund to buy some games.