Best Buy VG ad 6/12 - 6/18 ($150 DS/Mario 64 Bundle Confirmed!)

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Successful Dropout's post to other retailers

$89.99
Gold Robosapien Combo Pack They talk "caveman", throw, dance, and more. Not Available in all stores. Available in New Jersey. FREE $10 GC instantly w/ purchase

$79.99
Indoor/Outdoor Cushioned Rocking Chair Zero-gravity seat design keeps you comfortable during long gaming sessions and other prolonged sitting. Rocks to a fully reclined position.

iconxbox_r2.gif

$49.99
Juiced: Precision Street Racing
$39.99
Batman Begins Available Wednesday
$29.99
Ghost Recon 2
$14.99
Spider-Man 2 PH
X-Men Legends PH

iconps2_r2.gif

$49.99
Juiced: Precision Street Racing
$39.99
Batman Begins Available Wednesday FREE on-pack Movie Ticket to see Batman Begins w/ purchase of the PS2 version ONLY
$29.99
Ghost Recon 2
$14.99
Spider-Man 2 GH
X-Men Legends GH
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest GH
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time GH

icongamecube.gif

$39.99
Batman Begins Available Wednesday

iconds.gif

$149.99
Nintendo DS Gaming System FREE SUPER MARIO w/ purchase of any DS gaming system Now available in electric blue
$34.99
Kirby: Canvas Curse Available Wednesday
Wario Ware Touched!
$29.99
GoldenEye Rogue Agent
Nintendo DS Mobile Kit Includes hard carry case, headset, AC and car adapters, stylus, 6 game cases and wrist strap

iconpsp_r2.gif

$249.99
PSP Gaming System Minimum 20 per store. No dealers. No rainchecks. Limit 1 per customer.
$59.99
PSP Stereo Station Plus
$44.99
PSP Battery Pack
$39.99
MLB
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
$29.99
Headbanger Earsubs for PSP Maximize and enhance the sound of movies on PSP
$24.99
PSP 32MB Memory Stick Duo
***UMD Video***
$19.99
Hitch
Pirates of the Caribbean
National Treasure
Reign of Fire
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Hero
$14.99
T2
Van Wilder
Saw
Open Water
The Punisher

iconpcwin.gif

$29.99
Juiced: Precision Street Racing Available Tuesday
$24.99
NASCAR Sim Racing
Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience
$14.99
Nancy Drew Double Dare 2 Two games in one

DVD ad here

MUSIC ad here

Woo! I know where I'm going. Scratch getting X-men Legends over at EB since I can now get it for $9.99 over at BB with one of those golden PSP/PS2 no minimum coupons. Great and many thanks OP. I might even get the DS over at BB since I can get an extra $5 with a GGC (you can use a GGC on hardware correct?). thanks TXboxGuY.

Wowow ;)

All games for $14.99 each with $5 off PS2/PSP coupon knock it down $9.99 Each :)
Spider-Man 2 GH
X-Men Legends GH
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest GH

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'] I might even get the DS over at BB since I can get an extra $5 with a GGC (you can use a GGC on hardware correct?). thanks TXboxGuY.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe you can.

So the coupons work with any PS2 game, no matter the price?

EDIT: If the game is listed as unavailable at any local stores, is it still likely they'll have it come the weekend?

Star Ocean 3 for $10 after coupon. i dont really like rpgs but this is an offer i cant refuse

thanks for the post

[quote name='Santurio']Thank for the ad TXboxGuy!!
are you sure the free movie ticket only comes with the PS2 version of Batman??[/QUOTE]

Sad but true. Isn't "Batman Begins" a Sony Pictures release? That might have something to do with it. :whistle2:k

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'] I might even get the DS over at BB since I can get an extra $5 with a GGC (you can use a GGC on hardware correct?). thanks TXboxGuY.[/QUOTE]

no its for software and accessories only.

[quote name='Richard18']no its for software and accessories only.[/QUOTE]

Eh..darn it I thought it was good for hardware as well, but looking at one of the GGCs that I have it says only software and accessories like you say. Guess I'll just buy the DS over at EB since they are more deserving of my money, but the Xmen Legends at BB. Gonna be quite a few stops this weekend.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Sad but true. Isn't "Batman Begins" a Sony Pictures release? That might have something to do with it. :whistle2:k

[/QUOTE]

Nah, Batman is Warner Brothers.

[quote name='evanft']Is Champions of Norrath worth $10??[/QUOTE]

I have no idea but for $10, I'm willing to give it a shot... going to pick up the PS2 network adapter at EB ($13.50) and play with my friend online.

[quote name='Santurio']Thank for the ad TXboxGuy!!
are you sure the free movie ticket only comes with the PS2 version of Batman??[/QUOTE]

Compusa have Batman: Begin $29.99 for all version ;)

[quote name='evanft']Is Champions of Norrath worth $10??[/QUOTE]

It worth $30 but for $10 is steal deal. I been searching for best deal on this game for while but never thought it become GH version this early and it CHEAP too ;)

Man, X-Men Legends for $15?! I have such a huge backlog of games but don't know that I can pass this up. When did it go platnium?

Is this the newest Champions of Norrath? Realms of Everquest has been out for quite some time (Feb 04). Did Return to Arms go PH or Realms? If so, Realms has been that price for a while now.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Compusa have Batman: Begin $29.99 for all version ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah but I was hoping to PM it at BB for the RZ points along with GTA:SA, I just wanted the free ticket as a bonus.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is this the newest Champions of Norrath? Realms of Everquest has been out for quite some time (Feb 04). Did Return to Arms go PH or Realms? If so, Realms has been that price for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Realms of Everquest is the older one, that's the one that's on sale.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it seems that Return To Arms hasn't dropped price just yet.

And I'll finally pick up Spider-Man 2... been waiting a looong time for it to reach $10.

[quote name='Roufuss']Realms of Everquest is the older one, that's the one that's on sale.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it seems that Return To Arms hasn't dropped price just yet.

And I'll finally pick up Spider-Man 2... been waiting a looong time for it to reach $10.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought. I can't see why people were getting excited over the older version of Champions since it's been $19.99 (or less) for months now.

[quote name='Roufuss']Realms of Everquest is the older one, that's the one that's on sale.

And I'll finally pick up Spider-Man 2... been waiting a looong time for it to reach $10.[/QUOTE]

Champions of Norrath has been $12 @ Gamecrazy for the longest time. Might be another place to look if this doesn't pan out.

Though the new one for $10 would be an uber-sweet deal.

I thought this one was the Return to Arms CoH. Oh well, still Xmen Legends for 9.99 is great. I'm guessing that CoH: return to Arms will probably drop the same time that the Sony's platformer 3 do (i.e. Jak 3, Sly 2, and R&C3.).

Return to Arms is $39.99. At ebgames.com it is $36.99 and after coupon and card, I think I got it at $28.00 shipped.

I might pick up T2 on Umd. 14.99 is a decent price but I wish UMD movies started at like $9.99. I guess we can't use the $5 coupon on umd movies then right?

Okay, just got some unexpected cash. I wanna DS RIGHT NOW, why do I have to wait until sundayyyyyy?? (I am indeed whining and showing no restraint.)

If I were to buy a DS tonight, would I be able to go in on Sunday and exchange it for the bundle?

[quote name='Purkeynator']I might pick up T2 on Umd. 14.99 is a decent price but I wish UMD movies started at like $9.99. I guess we can't use the $5 coupon on umd movies then right?[/QUOTE]

Im wondering too....

I just tried to use the coupon to get Spider Man 2 for $10 and the bitches there said "since it's a sale item" I couldn't use it. Damn it.....I have to try tomorrow so I could get some other clerks to ring me up. What I noticed on the coupon though is it says in bold "Markdowns taken from regular prices" Whatever in the blue hell they want it to mean...those bastards......

Picked up Spiderman 2 - $10 and X-men Legends - $10 from two different stores. Strange though, now the $5 off coupon is ringing up on the computer, but shows as no amount taken off. Someone has to manually override it for the whole $5. Yesterday it was scanning up just fine and taking off the whole amount. Anyone else find this happening to you?

Oh well, it's just 3 minutes for the manager to come over and write out the slip for the manual override.

Edit: Looked at PS2/PSP Coupon thread to see what was going on. Seems this wont ring up on sale items (Greatest Hits + Such) I suppose.

The coupon works just fine -- no override needed -- for some Greatest Hits. At the very least, it works for Star Ocean, a new Greatest Hit advertised at $15. I got it for $10 after coupon no problem, and the coupon scanned and applied the discount automatically.

The coupon is work find after the cashier hit Final total include taxes. It pop up extra small screen windown (No/Yes) then the cashier hit Enter key again. You'll see it reflect $5 off from your purchase. :)

Ps. when the cashier scann the game then the coupon it say $0.00 from the sreen you don't have worry. Wait till the cashier hit Final Total :)

[quote name='0192837465']Picked up Spiderman 2 - $10 and X-men Legends - $10 from two different stores. Strange though, now the $5 off coupon is ringing up on the computer, but shows as no amount taken off. Someone has to manually override it for the whole $5. Yesterday it was scanning up just fine and taking off the whole amount. Anyone else find this happening to you?

Oh well, it's just 3 minutes for the manager to come over and write out the slip for the manual override.

Edit: Looked at PS2/PSP Coupon thread to see what was going on. Seems this wont ring up on sale items (Greatest Hits + Such) I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If the coupon is working correctly, you'll see a "Checking Package Prices" on the register display, have it figure out that there's a PS2/PSP game to save $5 from and knock the price down. Shouldn't require a manual ticket, unless the register chokes on the coupon for some reason.

[quote name='shrike4242']If the coupon is working correctly, you'll see a "Checking Package Prices" on the register display, have it figure out that there's a PS2/PSP game to save $5 from and knock the price down. Shouldn't require a manual ticket, unless the register chokes on the coupon for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Used it twice yesterday.

Worked fine on Astro Boy, no problems whatsoever. But Spider-Man 2, it choked, and it wouldn't taek the $5 off as noted before.

Maybe Best Buy has finally coded it so coupons don't work on sale items? This is the first time I've ever had this happen when using it for an "on sale" item.

[quote name='Roufuss']Used it twice yesterday.

Worked fine on Astro Boy, no problems whatsoever. But Spider-Man 2, it choked, and it wouldn't taek the $5 off as noted before.

Maybe Best Buy has finally coded it so coupons don't work on sale items? This is the first time I've ever had this happen when using it for an "on sale" item.[/QUOTE]

Technically, the "sale" status of an item should disallow a coupon's use, under the "other offers and promotions" clause, though I've never had an issue with a GGC or any other coupon not working on a sale item, when the sale item is in the computer correctly. When it's not, like they've done with the RZ-member specific pricing, then they have to do a manual price adjustment to match the coupon's discount off the price.

If an item is on sale, the GGC makes it even more appealing, and without having it denied, it makes it doubly sweet.

I think the last time I used a GGC on an item that was on sale (without RZ-specific pricing) was a month or two ago, so the policy may have changed since I last used it.

Is Best Buy and EB the only two places that are doing the free Mario 64 DS promotion? Both those stores in my area are out of Mario DS.

Ok, i admit, first off, I'm a lurker, so I've been watching the coupon thread, and this thread for a while, and since I just got some graduation money, I decided to go out shopping for some summer games. Anyway, early this morning, I printed off 6 coupons, and the website weekly game ad thing that said how all those games were $15. Anyway, I went to Best Buy, and realized what a crock my local store is. I walk over to the video games department and I notice for x-box X-Men Legends for $49.99. Surely I thought, this must just be an oversight. Someone must have forgotten to switch over the prices. So, I go and look at the other systems. Lo and behold, all X-Men Legends were $49.99. Now, to me, something started to seem a little odd, so, I look over at Champions of Norath. $39.99. So I look around for Astro Boy. One of the games I had noticed in the Coupons thread to be $4.99 and with the coupon, for free. So I look at the price, and it's $19.99. Now, could someone please tell me that I've been hallucinating and this isn't true? That my local store can't even price match it's own online prices? or even prices at the other stores?

[quote name='sonderiaom']Ok, i admit, first off, I'm a lurker, so I've been watching the coupon thread, and this thread for a while, and since I just got some graduation money, I decided to go out shopping for some summer games. Anyway, early this morning, I printed off 6 coupons, and the website weekly game ad thing that said how all those games were $15. Anyway, I went to Best Buy, and realized what a crock my local store is. I walk over to the video games department and I notice for x-box X-Men Legends for $49.99. Surely I thought, this must just be an oversight. Someone must have forgotten to switch over the prices. So, I go and look at the other systems. Lo and behold, all X-Men Legends were $49.99. Now, to me, something started to seem a little odd, so, I look over at Champions of Norath. $39.99. So I look around for Astro Boy. One of the games I had noticed in the Coupons thread to be $4.99 and with the coupon, for free. So I look at the price, and it's $19.99. Now, could someone please tell me that I've been hallucinating and this isn't true? That my local store can't even price match it's own online prices? or even prices at the other stores?[/QUOTE]

Pay no attention to the shelf/sticker prices. When it's on sale it will usually scan at the sale price. I notice this at alot of stores.

I bought Few games & DS along w/ X-Men Legend & Spider man 2 and the computer take $5 off coupon but didn't reduce $5 off purchase. I endup take the receipt back to customer service and get $5 back w/o any problem.

The employee look up the receipt ........$5 off PS2/PSP coupon $0.00 (So they credit me back $5). If you already bought the game and the computer didn't take $5 off you better do the price adjustment before the deal is END.

bread's done
Back