GI JOE: Rise of Cobra! - GO SEE IT!!! BETTER THAN TRANSFORMERS 2!!!

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Well it has a subtitle now

:Rise of Cobra

44268.jpg

Several pictures have been posted of the rest of the Joe's.

http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=791
Thanks to Jaykrue for the links.

Comingsoon.net has posted the first 2 pics of Snake eyes!!!

snakeeyes1.jpg

Joblo has posted the first image of SCARLETT! :drool:
snakeeyes2small.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/excl-gi-joes-scarlett

The logo?

gijoelogoclean.jpg

Site is now blocking people from seeing the pictures :(

Cover Girl
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=799

Duke
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=791

(General?) Hawk
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=797

Ripcord
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=796

Scarlett
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=798

Snake Eyes
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=792

Storm Shadow and the Baroness
http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=795

Use this for now
http://www.movieweb.com/gallery/PGm3xuopm2nKpo

Thanks to Linkinprime for the link

Last edited by a moderator:
the only one that doesn't make any sense is Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander. The rest match up quite well though the age difference between Hawk and Scarlett is a bit odd

[quote name='ITDEFX']

Rachel Nichols as Scarlett
rachelnich.png

:drool:
[/quote]

:rofl::rofl:

2075240.jpg
=/= to ESPN reporter.

IMDB/GIS too difficult for ya?

[quote name='manthing']:rofl::rofl:

2075240.jpg
=/= to ESPN reporter.

IMDB/GIS too difficult for ya?[/QUOTE]

wait what?!!??!!

Your kidding me right?

[quote name='joe2187']For a minute there...I thought this was about me.

Dennis Quaid?...Sounds like a good choice[/QUOTE]

I think so too.

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait what?!!??!!

Your kidding me right?[/quote]

:imwithst: :shock: R U SERIOUS?

Do you REALLY believe an ESPN reporter is going to star in a $100 Million flick that has NOTHING to do with sports?

http://imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

:applause:Bravo, you really are...dedicated to your own stupidity. :bow:

[quote name='manthing']:imwithst: :shock: R U SERIOUS?

Do you REALLY believe an ESPN reporter is going to star in a $100 Million flick that has NOTHING to do with sports?

http://imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

:applause:Bravo, you really are...dedicated to your own stupidity. :bow:[/QUOTE]

hey thanks for turning it to a flame thread dickwad.

[quote name='botticus']Here's Rachel Nichols becoming Scarlett, works for me:

Rachel_Nichols-Scarlett-2.jpg
Rachel_Nichols-Scarlett.jpg

[/QUOTE]

she kinda looks like Lisney Lowland :p

mildly exciting, but as a longtime GI Joe fan, i'm really leery as to how this movie'll turn out. but we can always pretend it didn't happen like the animated one, haha.

I don't know. This concept doesn't sound as cool as the Transformers...

(I'm speaking about the concept- not the execution)

[quote name='Xevious']I don't know. This concept doesn't sound as cool as the Transformers...

(I'm speaking about the concept- not the execution)[/QUOTE]

Whatever happens, I hope this is rated R and not a toned down PG/PG-13.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Whatever happens, I hope this is rated R and not a toned down PG/PG-13.[/QUOTE]

yeah, an R isn't going to happen. Its a film based on a beloved children's toy and there is no point for it to have an R rating as if they try doing that, it will not feel like G.I. Joe

Dude they're probably going to cut Roadblock out (NOOOOOOO!!!) and use Heavy Duty as the generic B.A. /Mr. T / big tough black guy of the team.

Michael Clarke Duncan would be awesome...especially if they go for some comedy with their secondary specialties, Roadblock's being gourmet cooking!

Edit: Wait WHAT? Marlon Wayans as Ripcord? Okay now this cast must be a joke. Now I gotta go to IMDB and verify this nonsense.

That doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense. There's no way this could be a serious movie and have Marlon Wayans cast in a serious role, so what are they going for - the HALO jumper on the team being turned into some bumbling smoked out goofball?

EDIT #2: Okay that's listed as 'rumored' under IMDB. What the eff. Now wait, isn't Marlon the goofy one, and Sean the more straightforward one?

How is Ripcord even that popular? I could never figure out why they focused on him so much in the original Marvel comic...I guess maybe fans like his stupid story about dating Candy/Bongo the Balloon Bear and being switched with Zartan or something, maybe that's loosely what they're basing this movie on.

Where the eff is Beachhead (# 3 in pure badassery on the Joe team behind Snake Eyes and Duke, who were pretty much in a virtual tie)? Stalker? Flint? Lady Jaye? Hell even Grunt? I guess they may be going for the original cartoon story in terms of Scarlett and Duke having the relationship/hots for each other though, if Duke is the lead instead of Snake Eyes.

[quote name='ITDEFX']she kinda looks like Lisney Lowland :p[/quote]

FIRE CROTCH FTW!!!

And ITDEFX, it will never ever ever be R rated. No chance in hell.

But my God how great would it be if it was...Scarlett and Cover Girl and even Jinx in some lezbo action in a scene where they're interrogating a captured Baroness...mmmmmm so hawt. EDIT: and Lady Jaye. Can't forget me the Lady Jaye.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']mildly exciting, but as a longtime GI Joe fan, i'm really leery as to how this movie'll turn out. but we can always pretend it didn't happen like the animated one, haha.[/quote]

Which animated one, the one with Cobra-lalalalalalala? HAHAHAHA!!!

That was so horrendous it was awesome. Sgt. Slaughter unscrewing the screws on the security panel (found INSIDE the cell, BTW) to his prison cell with his finger nails, hahaha.

And wasn't Lt. Falcon voiced by Charlie Sheen, even better!

[quote name='karkyco']Which animated one, the one with Cobra-lalalalalalala? HAHAHAHA!!!

That was so horrendous it was awesome. Sgt. Slaughter unscrewing the screws on the security panel (found INSIDE the cell, BTW) to his prison cell with his finger nails, hahaha.

And wasn't Lt. Falcon voiced by Charlie Sheen, even better![/QUOTE]

The Three Best Parts of the movie where

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DN034sBeF4c

Sgt. Slaughter's Giving the laydown on Nemesis Enforcer

and of course Slaughter unscrewing the panel with his nail.... damn you really know how tough this SOB is if his nail is that strong!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']The Three Best Parts of the movie where

and of course Slaughter unscrewing the panel with his nail.... damn you really know how tough this SOB is if his nail is that strong!![/quote]

HAHAHA damn straight, I mean hell that scene obviously stuck with me. I still try and unscrew the flat screws on various light switch covers etc. with my finger nails to 'test' myself. Damn I just ain't as tough as Sgt. Slaughter.

[quote name='karkyco']Dude they're probably going to cut Roadblock out (NOOOOOOO!!!) and use Heavy Duty as the generic B.A. /Mr. T / big tough black guy of the team.

Michael Clarke Duncan would be awesome...especially if they go for some comedy with their secondary specialties, Roadblock's being gourmet cooking!

Edit: Wait WHAT? Marlon Wayans as Ripcord? Okay now this cast must be a joke. Now I gotta go to IMDB and verify this nonsense.

That doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense. There's no way this could be a serious movie and have Marlon Wayans cast in a serious role, so what are they going for - the HALO jumper on the team being turned into some bumbling smoked out goofball?

EDIT #2: Okay that's listed as 'rumored' under IMDB. What the eff. Now wait, isn't Marlon the goofy one, and Sean the more straightforward one?

How is Ripcord even that popular? I could never figure out why they focused on him so much in the original Marvel comic...I guess maybe fans like his stupid story about dating Candy/Bongo the Balloon Bear and being switched with Zartan or something, maybe that's loosely what they're basing this movie on.

Where the eff is Beachhead (# 3 in pure badassery on the Joe team behind Snake Eyes and Duke, who were pretty much in a virtual tie)? Stalker? Flint? Lady Jaye? Hell even Grunt? I guess they may be going for the original cartoon story in terms of Scarlett and Duke having the relationship/hots for each other though, if Duke is the lead instead of Snake Eyes.[/QUOTE]

Michael Clarke Duncan as Roadblock would be badass... never thought of it that way. Who was that one guy who wore that hat and talked about Gumbow (sp?) all the time , he was a trip.

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA damn straight, I mean hell that scene obviously stuck with me. I still try and unscrew the flat screws on various light switch covers etc. with my finger nails to 'test' myself. Damn I just ain't as tough as Sgt. Slaughter.[/QUOTE]

And if Strell was here, he would say "Think Slaughter's finger nail was tough?, wait til they see my penis in action!" :whistle2:O

[quote name='ITDEFX']Michael Clarke Duncan as Roadblock would be badass... never thought of it that way. Who was that one guy who wore that hat and talked about Gumbow (sp?) all the time , he was a trip.[/quote]

Shit I don't remember that. Oh SNAP! You're not talking about Gung Ho, are you? Yeah cuz I think he grew up at Camp LeJean in Louisiana and always wanted to be a marine. He was a total cajun. Yeah he is like 9.5 to Roadblock's 10/10 in awesomeness. I still love that ebaumsworld dubbing of his PSA to make him totally gay, hahaha...lemme find the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXIKI2XHj4&feature=related

OH MY GOD I'm crying from laughing so hard...

BTW just watched that movie intro...OH MY GOD the Velvetta Cheesiness was just too much...head is about to explode.

I'm surprised with all the action going on and the lights and sounds I didn't just have an epileptic seizure.

And I especially love that generic SLAP sound whenever anyone gets punched, i.e.

someone punching armor helmet Cobra Commander (who punched him BTW? couldn't tell) = same sound as Scarlett punching Torch/Ripper/whoever that Dreadnok was.

And Alpine somehow grappling up the statue of liberty, then grappling onto a BAT jet, climbing onto the cockpit glass and punching through it...HAHAHAHA!!! 1,000,000% cheesiness to the extreme.

And Duke flying a couple of miles into the sky using the jetpack to plant the bomb on the Cobra hellicarrier knockoff in less than 9 seconds FTW!!!

Too much!!!

Ah well at least they didn't have to show EVERYONE surviving by landing in the water or parachuting before their vehicle blew up like in the cartoon.

[quote name='karkyco']Shit I don't remember that. Oh SNAP! You're not talking about Gung Ho, are you? Yeah cuz I think he grew up at Camp LeJean in Louisiana and always wanted to be a marine. He was a total cajun. Yeah he is like 9.5 to Roadblock's 10/10 in awesomeness.

BTW just watched that intro...OH MY GOD the Velvetta Cheesiness was just too much...head is about to explode.

I'm surprised with all the action going on and the lights and sounds I didn't just have an epileptic seizure.

And I especially love that generic SLAP sound whenever anyone gets punched, i.e.

someone punching armor helmet Cobra Commander (who punched him BTW? couldn't tell) = same sound as Scarlett punching Torch/Ripper/whoever that Dreadnok was.

And Alpine somehow grappling up the statue of liberty, then grappling onto a BAT jet, climbing onto the cockpit glass and punching through it...HAHAHAHA!!! 1,000,000% awesomeness to the extreme.

And Duke flying a couple of miles into the sky using the jetpack to plant the bomb on the Cobra hellicarrier knockoff in less than 9 seconds FTW!!!

Too much!!!

Ah well at least they didn't have to show EVERYONE surviving by landing in the water or parachuting before their vehicle blew up like in the cartoon.[/QUOTE]

yea Gun Ho, that's him... him and Roadblock were two badasses when they were together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOZpgb1u-Uk&feature=related
watch at the 6m 50 sec mark..... "And THIS IS FOR THE U........SSSSSSS...OF AAAAAA!!!"
Now which character in the 80's could deliver a bad ass line like that?

karkyco you and I are too psyched about this movie... just wait til fans demand for Sgt. Slaughter to be in this movie!!!

But seriously who can be an ideal Sgt. Slaughter?!?! You know hollywood, they like to recast everyone.

That's why cobra never ran out of henchmen, they just parachuted every time their damn plane was shot down. He just kept re-using the same bunch of guys.:lol:

[quote name='JolietJake']That's why cobra never ran out of henchmen, they just parachuted every time their damn plane was shot down. He just kept re-using the same bunch of guys.:lol:[/QUOTE]

That and because the producers didn't want to introduce us to pilots getting killed in action.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The Three Best Parts of the movie where

and of course Slaughter unscrewing the panel with his nail.... damn you really know how tough this SOB is if his nail is that strong!![/quote]

That was horrible...It's like they made the music for "G.I. Joe On Ice" and threw it into the cartoon.

I bet they are holding off casting Sgt. Slaughter to build some excitement and conversation about the movie, Sgt. Slaughter IS GI: Joe. Period.

Sgt. Slaughter kinda got screwed. The dude could turn a screw with his finger nail, but he never got promoted passed Sargent:lol:.

[quote name='JolietJake']Sgt. Slaughter kinda got screwed. The dude could turn a screw with his finger nail, but he never got promoted passed Sargent:lol:.[/QUOTE]

Captain Slaughter *might* work... as does Major Slaughter :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']karkyco you and I are too psyched about this movie... just wait til fans demand for Sgt. Slaughter to be in this movie!!!

But seriously who can be an ideal Sgt. Slaughter?!?! You know hollywood, they like to recast everyone.[/quote]

Damn, I can't imagine anyone but the original. Maybe Goldberg?!? Yeah, that would be epic.

The scary thing is, I just realized how many of the Joes had moustaches...CREEPY. I didn't realize 'staches were still so big in the 80's, thought that facial hair died in the 70's. But then again, I was born in '75, so it's not like I was growing the facial hair yet.

No way are we the only ones fired up for this. Hell, I don't care if it's going to be lousy, cheesy, whatever...so it doesn't live up to the original - NOTHING could. Same with the Transformers. Hell, rewatching the cartoons now shows how cheesy they were...but it's the nostalgia, that amazing feeling of your childhood memories, that's what it's all about.

So I'll just set my expectations really low and get a good laugh from it if it's bad, and maybe even be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']I bet they are holding off casting Sgt. Slaughter to build some excitement and conversation about the movie, Sgt. Slaughter IS GI: Joe. Period.[/quote]

WHAT? Seriously, that is ridiculous.

I still can't believe how many Sgt. Slaughter fans there are, thinking he was all that and the peak of GI Joe came after he was added. He wasn't even in the comic book as far as I can remember.

I grew up on the early figures and vehicles and the bad ass comic, that's what it was all about.

Sgt. Slaughter was cool and all, but come on Duke owned his ass, not to mention Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, Beachhead, Zartan, Firefly, the Dreadnoks etc.

BTW not a specific request but anyone know where can I get the individual 25th anniversary GI Joe figures at a decent price? I'd be willing to pay up to $10 each for them, but this $15-25 each for some of the more in demand figures is ridiculous.

I'd much rather just buy the entire wave 1 and wave 2 sets for a reasonable set price, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. I picked up the last Roadblock and Serpentor yesterday, along with a Stalker and left Buzzer or whatever the Dreadnok's name is on the shelf.

Specifically looking for all the top favorites:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...BR=520&SBR=539

The guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun is NOT confirmed to be Cobra Commander. Just thought I'd throw that out there. He's signed on apparently but the role isn't confirmed. Casting thus far looks alright. I just hope they end up using the real Sgt Slaughter.
AAHF150_8x10-No349~Sgt-Slaughter-Posters.jpg

And who wants to bet that Sam Jackson will somehow appear in this movie? :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS']And who wants to bet that Sam Jackson will somehow appear in this movie? :lol:[/quote]

Dude, hello? Cast his ass as Stalker FTW. Done.

I wonder who you'd go to for the Dreadnoks though?

[quote name='karkyco']Dude, hello? Cast his ass as Stalker FTW. Done.

I wonder who you'd go to for the Dreadnoks though?[/QUOTE]

according to wiki, there were quite a few

# Burn-Out: Dreadnok mechanic, Burn-Out is also skilled in disguise. (Noteworthy as the only black Dreadnok released in the toyline)
# Buzzer: One of the first three Dreadnoks. Arrogant and intelligent, he is usually the leader by default when none of Zartan's family is around. He uses a chainsaw as a weapon and is identifiable by his blonde pony tail. Originally a British college professor who intended to study biker gangs, only to wind up becoming a member. Has a hatred for animals and is generally the archnemesis of Mutt and Junkyard.
# Chop Shop: A Dreadnok.
# Crusher: An ex-wrestler turned animal poacher. Upon meeting the Dreadnoks, was able to easily outgrapple all of them but Road Pig. Is suggested to have either killed or driven off fellow Dreadnok poacher Gnawgahyde.
# Demolishor: A Canadian aboriginal native with limited fighting skills but an almost superhuman threshold of pain.
# The Dreadheads (Billy-Bob, Cletus, Joe-Bob, Otis, Roscoe and Vance): Six identical cousins (two sets of three brothers) from a wealthy arms-manufacturing family who have a grudge against G.I. Joe member Beachhead. Led by Otis, they tend to clash with the Dreadnoks and are essentially only interested in using the Dreadnoks resources to get to Beachhead. The exception is the self-destructive Vance, the only Dreadhead the Dreadnoks have actually taken a liking too.
# Gnawgahyde: The Dreadnok poacher. He is known for bathing in animal fat and trying to think like his prey. He wields a long range hunting rifle. Has disappeared after an overnight hunting trip with Crusher.
# Heartwrencher: A female Dreadnok who carries a large wrench.
# Machete: A character that replaces Ripper in the G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 series. Only appears in the mentioned series. He carries a shotgun.
# Monkeywrench: A Dreadnok who loves explosions, going so far as to include fireworks and roman candles into his bombs for effect. He uses grenades and bombs, as well as a harpoon gun. In the "Arise, Serpentor, Arise!" mini-series, he is shown to be highly arachnophobic. In G.I.Joe: America's Elite #31, Monkeywrench is noted as having been a prisoner at "The Coffin" penitentiary in Greenland, and was terminated during a Cobra raid that occurred in #30.
# Ripper: A founding member of the Dreadnoks, he is known for carrying an assault rifle with a large blade serving as a bayonet, Ripper is angry, violent and anti-social. He is secretly independently wealthy and a shrewd businessman.
# Road Pig: Suffering from a split personality, Donald DeLuca is as himself a well spoken and intelligent person. As Road Pig, he is violent and very dangerous. Very strong (although he is stronger as Road Pig), he is an enforcer with an attraction to Zarana. His weapon of choice is a cinder block attached to a metal pipe, which he uses as an improvised hammer. He is identifiable by his massive size and white hair styled in a crew cut.
# Rugrat: A diminutive Dreadnok who wears a large hat and sunglasses.
# Thrasher: A spoiled brat whose parents never disciplined him, he joined the Dreadnoks. He built and drives the Thunder Machine. A little unpredictable and hard to control, but he can always be trusted in a fight. He is identifiable by a green steak in his hair. In the comics, he declares he enjoys strangling animals.
# Torch: A former Merchant Marine, Torch is one of the founders of the Dreadnoks. He is an expert in oxy-acetylene cutting torches and uses a modified one as a weapon.
# Zanzibar: The Dreadnok pirate, he is low even by Dreadnok standards. He is a smuggler, thief, pickpocket and boat pilot. He pilots the Dreadnok Air Skiff and uses a spear, gun, and hammer as weapons. Even the other Dreadnoks dislike him.
# Others: It should be noted that in the Devil's Due run of comics, sever

I guess any idiot actor in hollywood right now...Rob Schneider, Tom Green, who else?

isn't the movie taking out the theme song, and making them un peace keepers instead of americain soldiers. Due to the low acceptance of Americain force internationally, they were going to make them UN peacekeepers. The song has to go/be changed due to the real americain hero line. I thought I had seen/heard that awhile back on a entertainment news show, or the tvguide podcast.

[quote name='ryanbph']isn't the movie taking out the theme song, and making them un peace keepers instead of americain soldiers. Due to the low acceptance of Americain force internationally, they were going to make them UN peacekeepers. The song has to go/be changed due to the real americain hero line. I thought I had seen/heard that awhile back on a entertainment news show, or the tvguide podcast.[/QUOTE]

Serious who the fuck cares about the low acceptance of American force internationally?

This is a movie, that just needs to kick ass and have lots of explosions and someone saying YO JOE!!!!

[quote name='ryanbph']isn't the movie taking out the theme song, and making them un peace keepers instead of americain soldiers. Due to the low acceptance of Americain force internationally, they were going to make them UN peacekeepers. The song has to go/be changed due to the real americain hero line. I thought I had seen/heard that awhile back on a entertainment news show, or the tvguide podcast.[/quote]

This is G.I. Joe...They do not hand out kittens with little pink rainbow ribbons to COBRA Terrorists, THEY BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THEM IN THE NAME OF U.S. OF THE GODDAMN AY!!

How can you make a G.I. Joe movie that isnt about America?

Like ITEDFX said, this isnt about Acceptance this is a movie about America's Gigantic Balls and how we use them to blow the shit out of anyone who chooses to enter our One-sided dick waving contest.

AMERICA fuck YEAH!!

bread's done
Back