GI JOE: Rise of Cobra! - GO SEE IT!!! BETTER THAN TRANSFORMERS 2!!!

[quote name='willardhaven']Brendan Fraser would make a good Flint if you ask me.[/quote]

No.

[quote name='k0kRoach']Ok so the "is shipwreck latino, how many asian joes were there" questions got me searching. Here's a wiki list of joes with names.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G.I._Joe_ARAH_characters

I don't really want to speculate on possible nationality just by last names, even with fictional characters. Quick Kick is listed as last name of Ito. Only other famous Ito I know is the judge from OJ trial and he was asian. And Shipwreck is listed as Hector Delgado, which sounds latino to me.[/quote]

I always thought Shipwreck was Italian. Other than that I hope things go well with this movie and they don't screw it up.

[quote name='k0kRoach']Ok so the "is shipwreck latino, how many asian joes were there" questions got me searching. Here's a wiki list of joes with names.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G.I._Joe_ARAH_characters

I don't really want to speculate on possible nationality just by last names, even with fictional characters. Quick Kick is listed as last name of Ito. Only other famous Ito I know is the judge from OJ trial and he was asian. And Shipwreck is listed as Hector Delgado, which sounds latino to me.[/quote]

Shit, I guess Shipwreck was Hispanic/Latino. I need to look up his origin info. I think he was from East LA and joined the Navy at a young age (originally 16, changed to 18 with the 25th anniversary reissues). And Ito is 100% Japanese.

Here are the Asians I remember:

Storm Shadow, Japanese American
Jinx, Japanese American
Budo, probably Japanese American since he was expert in Bushido/Kendo and the "samurai" Joe
Quick Kick, Japanese American
Tunnel Rat was part Asian if I recall correctly. Maybe part Korean or Vietnamese?

[quote name='ITDEFX']:drool:

Scarlett pic is online (check OP)

now excuse me for a min...........[/quote]

There's more online now. Get'em while it's hot.:cool:;)

Just as an example, Ripcord:

9673rc4qy5.jpg

[quote name='JolietJake']Is it just me, or do they all look like a bunch of nondescript special forces people?[/quote]

Except for Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow, I agree. And shame on the producers for forgetting one of the Baroness's key qualities - a pair of eyeglasses. Also, is it just me, or does Storm Shadow look more like a Korean pop singer on a skiing vacation rather than a hooded badass ninja?

[quote name='jaykrue']Except for Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow, I agree. And shame on the producers for forgetting one of the Baroness's key qualities - a pair of eyeglasses. Also, is it just me, or does Storm Shadow look more like a Korean pop singer on a skiing vacation rather than a hooded badass ninja?[/quote]
Thats what i was thinking, replace his swords with a pair of skis and he would be.

[quote name='jaykrue']Except for Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow, I agree. And shame on the producers for forgetting one of the Baroness's key qualities - a pair of eyeglasses. Also, is it just me, or does Storm Shadow look more like a Korean pop singer on a skiing vacation rather than a hooded badass ninja?[/quote]

Agreed. They better give Storm Shadow his ninja hood or else a lot of fans are going to be pissed. Baroness needs her glasses period!

The producers BETTER change the joe's outifts quick. I hate it when these consume designers give the characters all black outfits. At least make them closer to the color scheme used by the cartoon counterparts.

So where is Destro and Cobra Commander? Please, oh please keep Cobra Commander masked either with his cloth mask or his helmet mask.

Ah....

Now I don't have to wonder what the film crew that made Street Fighter have been up to. That's one less question I have to worry about.

[quote name='Salmonday']Ah....

Now I don't have to wonder what the film crew that made Street Fighter have been up to. That's one less question I have to worry about.[/quote]If Van Damme were Duke it'd be like street fighter 2. I have to say though, Quaid looks pretty cool as Hawk, though he does look kinda constipated in a few of those pics.:lol:

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Those look like shit.[/QUOTE]

Truer words have never been said. I don't mind the liberties taken with making Ripcord a brother, but the generic black outfits are mind-numbingly boring as all fuck, Storm Shadow looks like, as Jaykrue says, a Korean pop singer (I didn't mind at first when I saw a Korean actor would be playing the role of a Japanese character: given that Storm Shadow is hooded, a black man could play the part as far as I care. That said, the "any yellow person can play any yellow person" crap in Hollywood is really irritating. But I digress.).

I think the worst offense, and I didn't notice this before, is Snake Eyes' $20 black BDU pants. They made a fantastic outfit for him, and then said "aw, fuck it" when they got to his waistline, apparently.

This cast of numbnuts looks like a shitty cosplay amateur movie, not a major production.

[quote name='Poor2More']Uniforms=fail, they need to be changed quick, Xmen got away with it, but Joe's wont, fans will not let them[/quote]

What are they going to do? Plant a bomb in the studio then take off in a jetpack before the thing blows to bits?

[quote name='mykevermin']Truer words have never been said. I don't mind the liberties taken with making Ripcord a brother, but the generic black outfits are mind-numbingly boring as all fuck, Storm Shadow looks like, as Jaykrue says, a Korean pop singer (I didn't mind at first when I saw a Korean actor would be playing the role of a Japanese character: given that Storm Shadow is hooded, a black man could play the part as far as I care. That said, the "any yellow person can play any yellow person" crap in Hollywood is really irritating. But I digress.).

I think the worst offense, and I didn't notice this before, is Snake Eyes' $20 black BDU pants. They made a fantastic outfit for him, and then said "aw, fuck it" when they got to his waistline, apparently.

This cast of numbnuts looks like a shitty cosplay amateur movie, not a major production.[/quote]

Direct to DVD then?

or limited release? (meaning only certain theaters in the country will show it).

[quote name='mykevermin']Truer words have never been said. I don't mind the liberties taken with making Ripcord a brother, but the generic black outfits are mind-numbingly boring as all fuck, Storm Shadow looks like, as Jaykrue says, a Korean pop singer (I didn't mind at first when I saw a Korean actor would be playing the role of a Japanese character: given that Storm Shadow is hooded, a black man could play the part as far as I care. That said, the "any yellow person can play any yellow person" crap in Hollywood is really irritating. But I digress.).

This cast of numbnuts looks like a shitty cosplay amateur movie, not a major production.[/quote]I didn't even notice the pants, those do look ridiculous. Like they ran out of money for his costume and just sent someone to walmart for pants.

Duke basically looks like Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. Cover Girl, the only one actually in camo looks like a something from a halloween costume catalogue: it does not look like a military uniform.

I thought Snake Eyes looked okay from the first two pics they released, but now? I don't get the contoured mouth on the mask. It goes in between his lips, but isn't open? And the torso looks very much like a foam body mold, which it is... Look where the arms meet the torso. The 'muscle' just gets bent and wrinkled, which destroys the look of the sculpting of the suit. Then the regular cargo pants? Bleh. I was secretly being optimistic about this before.

OK

I took a crack at it and tried to recolor scarlett in her original colors from the show. too much black on her :(

scarlett-recolored.jpg

but oh well.

I can't for the life of me figure out why these people who control the screenplay and costume design decisions insist on changing details from the original content. Seemingly unnecessary changes. Is it just to cause us all headaches? Is it intended to give us something to bitch about and therefore get people talking? Why don't they try to release one mother fucking film with an unchanged script. Oh wait a minute. There was a movie like that. Sin City, which made over 100 million worldwide.

The black costumes are ass. They were ass on the x-men team too. What the hell is wrong with a little color. Are they going to be exclusively doing all night stealth actions? I bet there isn't going to be one instance in the movie where all black camo is needed.

They're going to get my money, oh that's guaranteed. Me and my bro will probably be at the earliest showing possible, shitfaced and ready for a Joe vs Cobra big screen showdown. But I'll hate myself afterwards... and the movie too more than likely.

[quote name='JolietJake']WTF!?!? They've got the doctor playing Destro? He doesn't even have the mask!

God this movie is gonna suuuuuuuuck.[/quote]

They say in the article he puts the mask on when going into battle, but yea, that's pretty fucking terrible.

Damn it! It says I don't have permission to access the pics. Man, epic failure.

But that shot of Scarlett on joblo, sweet baby Jesus. I especially like the black G string/thong on the outside of the skin tight body suit, LOL. Massive :drool:'s. But the original outfit was great. Dumb ass Hollywood. Gotta sexify everything.

[quote name='karkyco']Damn it! It says I don't have permission to access the pics. Man, epic failure.

But that shot of Scarlett on joblo, sweet baby Jesus. I especially like the black G string/thong on the outside of the skin tight body suit, LOL. Massive :drool:'s. But the original outfit was great. Dumb ass Hollywood. Gotta sexify everything.[/quote]

Does this work?:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does this work?:
[/quote]

I don't think he's referring to that picture, more like the other ones. :cool:

figures.com is now blocking people from seeing them :(

[quote name='JolietJake']Ugh, looks like a generic action movie with Joe characters thrown in.[/QUOTE]

JolietJake is a wise man indeed.

[quote name='ITDEFX']GOD DAMN IT GIVE US A PIC OF COBRA COMMANDER, Helmet or Hood![/Q]

He wears neither helmet or hood. I'd post the pic but Hasbro had the site hosting them removed.

You know, every time they announce a live action movie based on some old cartoon, i always get excited, just to inevitably be disappointed.

If they announce another live action He-Man movie, i don't even want to see a trailer.

bread's done
Back