GI JOE: Rise of Cobra! - GO SEE IT!!! BETTER THAN TRANSFORMERS 2!!!

[quote name='JolietJake']If they announce another live action He-Man movie, i don't even want to see a trailer.[/quote]

it's coming...

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Ugh, that looked fucking terrible.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it looked that bad. I'm 90% sure the movie will be terrible, but the trailer looks decent.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oh yeah, that's gonna be the Gi joe equivalent to the Transformers FAIL.[/quote]
Luckily I ended up enjoying Transformers far more than I thought I would, so I'll judge after watching it rather than before.

I was ashamed for the world after seeing The Transformers, so (1) this trailer doesn't surprise me, and (2) the full-length film won't be something I go to see at all.

I'd rather spend the money to have my cobra tattoo removed than go see this movie. ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']it's coming...[/quote]
Won't be watching the trailer then.

Eh, that's a lie, i'd want to see how horrible it is.

Anyone remember those G.I. Joe/Transformers crossovers? I remember at least one episode of Transformers that had Cobra Commander in it. Imagine a movie that includes both franchises.

$5 on Snake Eyes either flipping someone off for comedic effect or pulling a Silent Bob and giving witty statement after a huge battle near the end.

[quote name='bardockkun']$5 on Snake Eyes either flipping someone off for comedic effect or pulling a Silent Bob and giving witty statement after a huge battle near the end.[/quote]

this.

[quote name='cdeener']They just showed it during the pre-game show for the first time.[/quote]

Yep.

It looked awesome to me. August is a long way off though. :bomb:

GI JOE is an --(AMERICAN)--hero not this group of jokes.I'll wait for this one to show up in the $5.00 DVD budget bin.

Considering the shit-factor of Transformers, GI JOE should be 10x better even if it sucks. I didn't even know that was GI JOE until the end. Thought it was some shitty Jumper spinoff, they made it seem like a super hero movie. Kinda like a SHIELD or Avengers unit, not a military unit of flamboyant soldiers.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Considering the shit-factor of Transformers, GI JOE should be 10x better even if it sucks. I didn't even know that was GI JOE until the end. Thought it was some shitty Jumper spinoff, they made it seem like a super hero movie. Kinda like a SHIELD or Avengers unit, not a military unit of flamboyant soldiers.[/quote]

Yes, you're right it looks SOOOOO much better than the Transformers trailer...NOT. :lol:

I'm not talking about trailers, Transformers as a final product was garbage. This was just a reveal trailer, not supposed to do anything but let you know it was GI JOE (which is did a poor job of). The transformers one was a lot more clever of a reveal, even though it exposed less than the GI JOE trailer.

Both movies are going to suck, that's a given. But Transformers was absolutely repugnant. "Let's have sex on my Transformer while the rest of them watch. Cue cheasy "America, fuck yeah!" outro voice over and cut to credits."

But WTF were they thinking in casting that kid for Cobra Commander? Guy who plays Destro is cool as hell though. He was badass in 28 Days Later and Heroes.

I thought Transformers was ok...mainly most of the second half. The first half was just a teen drama. Had no place in a Transformers movie.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']

Both movies are going to suck, that's a given. [/quote]

And this is where you get completely tuned out..it's summer popcorn fun, lighten up for fuck sake.

I Just want a G.I.Joe 2 so I can have a gang of snakemen flying into a battle field yelling "COBRA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!"

[quote name='lawdood']And this is where you get completely tuned out..it's summer popcorn fun, lighten up for fuck sake.[/quote]

Yeah, I understand that, that it's just a summer vacation type movie. Part of my dislike for Transformers was that Michael Bay did it. I do, however, appreciate that Bay knows why some people don't like him and has fun with it instead of being defensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHsxQJ9ZOo

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm not talking about trailers, Transformers as a final product was garbage. This was just a reveal trailer, not supposed to do anything but let you know it was GI JOE (which is did a poor job of). The transformers one was a lot more clever of a reveal, even though it exposed less than the GI JOE trailer.

Both movies are going to suck, that's a given. But Transformers was absolutely repugnant. "Let's have sex on my Transformer while the rest of them watch. Cue cheasy "America, fuck yeah!" outro voice over and cut to credits."

But WTF were they thinking in casting that kid for Cobra Commander? Guy who plays Destro is cool as hell though. He was badass in 28 Days Later and Heroes.[/quote]

The teaser trailer for Transformers was stupid. It didn't feel like it was letting me know that it's a movie about robots that transformed and all we saw was a bunch of Nasa footage. It was NOT until the logo showed up that it was TRANSFORMERS. I was like ok........ They could have just done some quick flashes of prime transforming with Prime saying "Autobots Transform and Roll Out!!!". That would have sparked everyones interest..but that's said and done.

I will give this GI JOE a chance when it comes out, but unless they have something that connects with the 80's cartoon, Fans are going to have a hard time relating to this movie.

Okay, that's a fair take on Transformers. Personally I thought it was clever. True, it didn't tell you shit, but the less the better sometimes if you want to get someone's nostalgia senses tingling.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Okay, that's a fair take on Transformers. Personally I thought it was clever. True, it didn't tell you shit, but the less the better sometimes if you want to get someone's nostalgia senses tingling.[/quote]

I rewatched the GI JOE trailer. If it was not for the quick scenes of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, I probably would NOT have thought this was the trailer for GI JOE. Everyone in Black outfits and no indication they are the JOES and Cobras..not even a LOGO!!! Then bam, GI JOE. I give it a higher ranking than the teaser trailer to Transformers 1.

This is going to end up like Transformers, the older animated movie will be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JolietJake']This is going to end up like Transformers, the older animated movie will be better.[/quote]
The last second woken up from coma ending says otherwise...

I present to you: Cobra Commander

zz2c627815-440x676.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/25/first-look-the-cobra-commander-from-gi-joe-the-rise-of-cobra/

In the words of Darth Vader: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

We got Krang all up in this mutha.

EDIT: Let me make an appeal to you. Not DrinkinTime, but all of us. Can we stop being appalled by this movie yet? Can we stop pretending to be bothered by this cash-in of our childhood, and act as if something beautiful is being tarnished? After all, what was the original if not a commodity-driven story anyway (the cartoons a vehicle to drive us to buy toys)?

Sure, the filmmakers have taken a "let's fuck absolutely EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE UP" approach. But are we surprised? Are we shocked? I, for one, am not. Not at all. This is kinda what I expect to see. So let's just let this movie lie amongst the dead where it belongs. You encourage this tripe if you pay to see it in theaters, or collect the figures, or provide money towards it. You're sending them the message "hey, guys. it's cool. whatever you want to do, I'll buy it. I'm a slave to your brand name, who purchases and adores no matter how much I despise what you do. As long as it's called GI Joe, I don't care if it looks like My Little Pony; I have no will power and no sense of standards, so I'll help fill your wallets and pocketbooks with my $8.50 and hour, even if you have no heart or soul in your creative work. it doesn't matter since you have the brand name I identify with."

So let's just let this film go and die. Send it to the dustbin to the Dolph Lundgren "Masters of the Universe" has a friend to hang out with.

The thing that bothers me about Cobra Commander is they COULD have given him the hood, but they were too afraid of any KKK ties. Really? A Friggin global terrorists and they're afraid of him having ties with the KKK?

[quote name='ITDEFX']
1353028403_abfe22b61d.jpg

I always though this was better than the cloth mask.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100% about that. Very nice Cosplay pic too.

MjC

This movie looked like all types of awesome UNTIL I seen that awful cobra commander toy...GAH! I hope that it is some sort of "version" of Cobra Commander, like maybe a version of where he gets "transformed" or some shit. I am getting my hopes up I know..but bring on the hood or the freggin helmet. Is that too much to ask for...first we got flames on our Optimus and now this....DAMN!

[quote name='tangytangerine']Can't believe it hasn't been posted yet, but the new G.I. Joe Resolute animated series is running on adultswim.com. It really feels like they're picking up where the 80's series left off, especially considering the amount of characters they show.

Link:
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025[/quote]

I'm surprised we don't have three threads dedicated to how awesome Resolute is so far, and ten dedicated to how badass Cobra Commander is in it.

[quote name='georox']I'm surprised we don't have three threads dedicated to how awesome Resolute is so far, and ten dedicated to how badass Cobra Commander is in it.[/quote]
Cobra Commander is probably the bright spot in the cartoon so far, but fuck you, Hasbro
for introducing Bazooka as a corpse.

Steve Blum doesn't really fit Duke for me, he does better on the rest of the cast. :lol:

bread's done
Back