Need a Wii? The Offical Wii Locator thread (CC/BB/TRU/Target 4/27)

For what it's worth, I purchased my Wii at Sam's and they did not offer ANY bundles. They just had a stack of systems for $249. Accessories were available on the games/accessories isle but the systems themselves were held at the jewelry counter.

Thanks OP

do you need a membership to sam's club for that night to be able to buy the game?

[quote name='DJPUN']do you need a membership to sam's club for that night to be able to buy the game?[/QUOTE]
Yes. You always need a Membership to shop there.

[quote name='DJPUN']do you need a membership to sam's club for that night to be able to buy the game?[/quote]
yea I was wondering that too. If I want to go to Sam's club to get ssbb at midnight do I need a membership, or since its a special event can I go in for that one night? It seems pointless to have all your employees stay late or reopen at midnight on a Saturday only to cater to members.

[quote name='gareman']yea I was wondering that too. If I want to go to Sam's club to get ssbb at midnight do I need a membership, or since its a special event can I go in for that one night? It seems pointless to have all your employees stay late or reopen at midnight on a Saturday only to cater to members.[/QUOTE]

Yep members only. It's only to sell the Wii's and SSBB. I don't think any regular shopping. They will only be open for 2 Hours.

Got a Wii for my girlfriend's dad and Super Smash Bros. Brawl last night.

Had 35 Wiis at the Laurel, MD Sam's Club, and lots of the game. Not sure how many are left, but by the time I checked out half were gone.

There might be some left if anybody wants one!

Yep, the Sam's Club by me got about 50 Wiis. Sadly they had a limit of one game per membership. I was trying to pick up Super Smash for a friend or two. I was able to get a Wii for my friend though, and just headed over to Gamestop at midnight to get a few more copies of Smash.

Wiis were in the Kmart ad for today, so all Kmarts should have had at least a couple. Im sure they are sold out by now tho, unless you live on the west coast. My Kmart opened at 8am and they had 10 Wiis

Nintendo must be the King of Hype and Promotion cause I can't see why pple flock for these things.

Was going to give up after not getting one at Best Buy, saw this thread and called a local K-Mart up. My lucky day, they still had some in stock at noon, just wanted to say thanks.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']We really need a new thread every time the damn Wiis are in stock at another store?!?!?!?[/quote]We really need a new post in a new thread complaining every time the damn Wiis are in stock at another store?!?!?!?!?

[quote name='flop']does sam's club have a lifetime warranty for systems also? just like computers/laptops and ect?[/QUOTE]

They don't have a lifetime warranty for anything. Not sure where you got that info from.

[quote name='eeg3']We really need a new post in a new thread complaining every time the damn Wiis are in stock at another store?!?!?!?!?[/quote]

Do we really need a new post complaining about every time someone makes a new post complaining about a new thread that is made everytime Wiis are in stock at another sotre?!?!?!?!!?!?!? ;)

Hello, exactly! - Dirk Diggler

[quote name='flop']does sam's club have a lifetime warranty for systems also? just like computers/laptops and ect?[/quote]

You're thinking of Costco which did have that type of warranty on electronics but that has been changed because of the 360's unreliability. See your local Costco for details on their electronics policy now.

[quote name='Staind204']Does Walmart just randomly stock Wii's during the week? It's the only store near me so thats my only chance to get one.[/QUOTE]

UPS delivers Wiis and they can basically come at any time during the day. It all depends on when the UPS driver usually delivers stuff to your Walmart.

Picked up one today in Cranberry, PA at 1:30pm. The TRU had about 6 left, though 3 of them were gone in the time I was in line.

Apparently, TRU in Pittsburgh (McKnight) had some that came overnight but were all gone by 1pm.

TRU in Massapequa, NY had about 8 at 4:00pm and the one in Carle Place had about 4 or so at that time as well.

[quote name='uricmu']Picked up one today in Cranberry, PA at 1:30pm. The TRU had about 6 left, though 3 of them were gone in the time I was in line.

Apparently, TRU in Pittsburgh (McKnight) had some that came overnight but were all gone by 1pm.[/quote]

All TRU's had them yesterday. Anytime the Wii is featured in the ad, TRU stores are to hold all stock for the Sunday of that ad.

TRU Johnstown only had 26, and there were about 25 people in line at opening yesterday morning. It's safe to say they are all gone.

if anyone lives in or near the Bridgewater,NJ area in Somerset County...the Gamestop gets wii shipments every tuesday...i dont know how much they get each week. I just got one for my cousin last week on tuesday.

[quote name='mysticeden']Anyone seen any Wii's in the Bay area??[/quote]

if you can't find one in store somewhere and are desparate [and don't mind going against being a cheap ass gamer] try craigs list. I see them on there in the San Jose area for around 300-320. You might pay a little more, but no camping out...

As a tourist visiting Orlando I went to the Florida mall yesterday. Walked into Toys'r us to pick up some presents and noticed the electronics department was kinda busy. I asked on guys what was happening and he told me that they had Wii's. Got my ass into line and scored a wii for $249. They also had a nice Super mario brawl deal; buy it and get 50% on some other game (out of a list of 9 i believe).
I thought this was kinda hilarious since i have been trying to get a new Wii for months (just as out of stock in Europe as they are over here) and i walk into a store and just pick up one.

just got back from best buy in dsm, ia. looked like they just got a drop shipment of Wiis today. i saw at least 3 behind customer service. almost bought one to maybe help someone out, but couldn't pull the trigger...if anyone needs one i suggest giving your best buy a call just in case they got a drop shipment today

I have it from a pretty reliable source that Target gets their shipments in on Friday afternoons. The nearest one to me in Silverdale, WA gets them in at 2-3:00pm

As some of you may know, Target will have Wiis this upcoming Sunday. I work at UPS and have seen a TON of Wiis being shipped to the Target stores all over the country.

ALSO, I have been seeing a lot of Wiis being shipped to Walmart stores (they are shipped in boxes of 3) with green stickers on the outside of the boxes that say "SAVE FOR AD TAB"?? Im guessing Wiis might be in the Walmart ad too this Sunday possibly? Just figured I'd give everybody who still wants a Wii a heads up.

I was at target on monday and they had 3 wiis in the case...No PS3s though. They removed the wiis because they were supposed to be held until sundays ad, per the manager.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I think with in 2 months you will finally just be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii. Its about fuckin time.[/QUOTE]

That's what everyone was saying a year ago.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I think with in 2 months you will finally just be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii. Its about fuckin time.[/quote]I've been saying that for about a year now, and I've been wrong every time. So bizarre.

Sears called me and told me they had a wii waiting for me. I offered it on the CAG thread for my area, but no one wanted it. I see them pretty often now.

bread's done
Back