Cheaters get their gamerscore reset to ZERO!

all you have to do is click the thread tools above to the right of your first post, then click perform action (the close thread radio button should be selected)

[quote name='Grecco']Lawl at Strip club dj . Hilariously awesome[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Also, the way I read this policy, the achievements they previously earned can NOT be reearned - so all those 1000/1000 games will remain 0/1000 no matter what you do in them.

[quote name='zewone']I wonder if this affected any of CAG's own cheaters?[/QUOTE]

Of those who put their gamertags in their profile, nobody has a zero score.

For now.

[quote name='mykevermin']Of those who put their gamertags in their profile, nobody has a zero score.

For now.[/QUOTE]

It is a shame that only some cheaters are getting caught and not the mass majority. I personally don't care about my gamerscore but I hate seeing cheaters working their way past the honest Joes.

I :applause: MS for at least catching a few.

So who are the cheaters on CAG? I find it hard to believe that people legitimately have Gamerscores above 30,000 or so...

Granted, I know some people have high Gamerscores through totally legit means, but there are some ridiculous scores here...

[quote name='prmononoke']So who are the cheaters on CAG? I find it hard to believe that people legitimately have Gamerscores above 30,000 or so...

Granted, I know some people have high Gamerscores through totally legit means, but there are some ridiculous scores here...[/QUOTE]

30,000 isn't that crazy.

But anyways, this is the main culprit: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=98382

I think I have one achievement from a downloaded save....I hated to do it also. I basically got a transfer kit for NCAA football rosters and I tried it out with a PREY save. I played the last level and I believe I got an achievement. I never did anything else that way.....I believe I SHOULD be safe, we'll see. I would never cheat for lots of points, I mainly did it to see if the transfer kit worked correctly.

[quote name='doubledown']I think I have one achievement from a downloaded save....I hated to do it also. I basically got a transfer kit for NCAA football rosters and I tried it out with a PREY save. I played the last level and I believe I got an achievement. I never did anything else that way.....I believe I SHOULD be safe, we'll see. I would never cheat for lots of points, I mainly did it to see if the transfer kit worked correctly.[/QUOTE]

Reported. ;)

I'm all for this, as long as there aren't any incidents with non-cheating people labeled as cheaters. I might just go back and pop in Halo 3 again just to hear some of the bashing against these people. And I may help. A little.

I think anyone who has imported NCAA Rosters is now a "cheater" though....I believe they are based on downloaded game saves. We'll see what happens...I really don't care.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sure, the high score is absurd; but what makes you think he isn't just one of a few super-insane cheesemint whores?

I'm also curious how MS is determining who is and isn't a "cheater."

Playing "Avatar" for a quick 1000 isn't cheating - but it is silly.[/QUOTE]

He was already caught in the XBL leaderboard thread. That's why he's not on the leaderboards. He completed too many difficult achievements in too short of a span. The only way possible is with gamesaves.

[quote name='mykevermin']Fair enough.

A related question: who has the time or interest to "audit" other people's XBL scores?[/QUOTE]

His was brought to attention because he was 1st place with a ridiculous score. People saw fit to call him out. :lol:

[quote name='akilshohen']I don't get it, what is the NCAA roster thing you all are talking about?[/QUOTE]

If you wanted REAL players names in NCAA Football you had to download a roster save from the Internet and transfer via the Transfer Kit. It used to be really easy to do, but I know they cracked down on this recently making it harder to do rosters. This may actually drive me to buy the PS3 version (if it is equal to the 360 version).

I can't wait until they falsely wipe someone's score. I'm sure it will somehow lead into a lawsuit. :roll: Sure they say it won't happen ("You have to match the criteria 100%"), but does anyone actually think it never will?

I don't mind this because I'm not cheating, but why would Microsoft care? Achievements don't mean anything so if I want to artificially inflate my score, isn't that on me? Cheating in multiplayer to get an achievement is obviously different.

I'm sure the answer to all these questions is somewhere in fine print MS has a ToS that says you can't download a save etc.

[quote name='zewone']anything over 100,000 is ridiculous, cheating or not. :)[/QUOTE]

Look, I have under 5000 despite owning a 360 for a shade under two years. Anything about 20K makes me squirm.

But when talking about the difference b/w 95K and 100K, both are equally ridiculous, IMO. Over a certain threshold, a lot is a lot.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I don't mind this because I'm not cheating, but why would Microsoft care? Achievements don't mean anything so if I want to artificially inflate my score, isn't that on me? Cheating in multiplayer to get an achievement is obviously different.

I'm sure the answer to all these questions is somewhere in fine print MS has a ToS that says you can't download a save etc.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: The drawback of achievements is not being able to dl saves. That's a huge shame, IMO, since I like to dl saves for unlocked content I would like to use that I have no interest in taking the time to earn, or my personal thing, CAWs in wrestling games. That's the 360 tradeoff, unfortunately, for now.

I'm two and a half months into my 360 ownership and I'm at the number shown (below) right now. It can't be that hard to get to 20k-30k.

[quote name='prmononoke']So who are the cheaters on CAG? I find it hard to believe that people legitimately have Gamerscores above 30,000 or so...[/quote]Try owning nearly 80 360 games. Just look through my Gamertag.

[quote name='mykevermin']That's a lot of hours per week spent gaming and cheesemint whorin', IMO.[/quote]Nope, not at all. If there were a log of a person's hours on a console or a per game basis, mine would be quite low. I only typically play for half-hour sessions maybe once or twice a day.

I honestly do not see how MS can really police this well. I was in a RSV2 match and people wanted to get achievements before playing a "real" match. That is just boring and dumb in my opinion.

using a save that renames all the players in the game.

i was thinking bout getting one just for WWE games. if I do ill be sure to use the save on my spare account.

Some games simply have really easy achievements. I just finished LOST: Via Domus in about 4 hours last night and got 890/1000 without even thinking about it. Play a lot of those and you'll be up there in no time.

Unfortunately the game before that was Lost Odyssey. 68 hours for 980/1000 :(

I doubt they're killing everyone who game saved. If you do it once in awhile, they probably wouldn't kill your gamerscore.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I don't mind this because I'm not cheating, but why would Microsoft care? Achievements don't mean anything so if I want to artificially inflate my score, isn't that on me? Cheating in multiplayer to get an achievement is obviously different.

I'm sure the answer to all these questions is somewhere in fine print MS has a ToS that says you can't download a save etc.[/quote]

To protect the "integrity" of the system and mostly to make some extra cash. I'm sure plenty of people will pony up for a new tag without the cheater brand.

[quote name='dim2192']My gamerscore is safe and will not be reset, I guarantee you all[/quote]

So why has it switched from Mr Dim to Poop in Jail?

[quote name='klwillis45']http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Mr%20Dim

I looked this tag up this am when I saw the news. It also had east brunswick,nj as a location and now its blank. What's that I smell?[/quote]I still have my gamerscore and I am safe. I just did some precautions to be safe. So fuck off. You can keep checking my gamerscore, but it will only get higher.

BTW: My gamerscore has earned me $500 (in gift cards) on 360voice.com, so gamerscore is actually good for something

[quote name='Rozz']Anyone on here legitly have over 100,000?[/quote]I doubt it. There are maybe 2 people I know who are above 100000 that didn't cheat somehow

[quote name='dim2192']I still have my gamerscore and I am safe. I just did some precautions to try and cover my ass. So fuck off. You can keep checking my gamerscore, but it will only get higher as long as I don't get caught.

BTW: My gamerscore has earned me $500 (in gift cards) on 360voice.com, so gamerscore is actually good for something[/quote]

Fixed.

bread's done
Back