Updated PS3 Games / Point Acquisition and Redemption Strategies for SonyCard Holders

Fifth Ocean

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:EDIT: Scroll through to find Rush's advice regarding point accrual and redemption.

I'm not sure if anyone else jumped for the SonyStyle credit card offer a while back around August of '07, but if you did, chances are you might have residual points for your initial purchase (I received about 4.5K when purchasing the 60gb and an HDMI cable). Anyway, there selection of games to redeem points for has been updated, with the newer games actually costing less points than the old.

http://sonyrewards.com/en/redeem/subcategory/index/4?subcategory=187

New: 6,000 Points
Uncharted Drake’s Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Heavenly Sword
MLB 08 The Show

Old: 6,400 Points
F1 Championship
Genji: Days of the Blade
MLB 07 The Show
NBA 07
Motorstorm
Resistance: Fall of Man

I realize it is pretty specific to a few people (and maybe not a deal), but I've been waiting for this to happen for pretty much 7 months. Hope it helps someone else in a similar position. Right now I'm leaning towards Uncharted.

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']Right now I'm leaning towards Uncharted.[/quote]

DO IT!!!11!!!1!!!!1111!

Seriously, Uncharted is one of the best games I've ever played. Though, you say you are leaning toward it - does this mean you have a second choice that is making you hesitate?

6000 points is a reduced rate? That equals $60, which is the retail price of the game.

Now that I look at it though, it looks like most of the redemptions are poor value, so getting equal value for the points for those of us that got the free 10k in the PS3 deal is nice.

@Zephie: Yeah, I'm pretty much there. I even had a die-hard 360 friend of mine call me today proclaiming how sweet Uncharted is. I was half contemplating Hot Shots just because Tiger Woods / EA haven't excited me in a while, but you have to assume that Out of Bounds will drop in price fairly quickly.

@Vcize: True, the redemption values are at best equal to retail. And agreed, this is pretty much just good news for anyone who has leftover points.

I love the fact that MLB 07' The Show is more expensive than the '08 edition.:applause:

Bah...I just redeemed all of my sony card points for movie ticket vouchers last month when I didn't think they would ever update the playstation collection..oh well. Uncharted & Ratchet Future are definite purchases if anyone is on the fence at all.

Those bastards screwed me out of bonus points and didn't bother responding to a letter I mailed them until sometime in December. I ordered GoW2 a few weeks ago also thinking they would never update.

fuck Sony

They should really lower some of those 6400 point games to under 2000 points considering a few of those can be bought for under $20 new easily

This is tempting...I get a discount since I do the Wheel of Fortune quizzes. I may save my points for future purchases though

You can also get a $50 GC for Blockbuster for 5000 points.

You can buy points, I got Heavenly Sword about a week ago. Im still waiting for the game though and I have no idea if it even shipped... How long does it take to get your game?

[quote name='Thunderscope']You can buy points, I got Heavenly Sword about a week ago. Im still waiting for the game though and I have no idea if it even shipped... How long does it take to get your game?[/quote]

After I ordered, it said up to two weeks for shipping (which I guess is reasonable as there was no shipping charge).

[quote name='Fifth Ocean']After I ordered, it said up to two weeks for shipping (which I guess is reasonable as there was no shipping charge).[/quote]

It depends what warehouse it leaves from. Most of the time I get my order within 3-4 days.

I'm waiting for the 10,000 points bonus to post and a CAG-like deal on Hot Shots golf.

IF you purchase using your Sony Card, you can go online and ask for Cash Credit on ANY Sony product. Say you have 1,000 points in Sony Rewards, you can request to get basically $10 credit back to your Sony Chase Visa card. It only works on purchases made within the last 60 days.

For example, I purchased Genji PS3 from CC yesterday for $14. I will use 1400 points for cash credit, essentially getting it for free.

[quote name='decon']
IF you purchase using your Sony Card, you can go online and ask for Cash Credit on ANY Sony product. Say you have 1,000 points in Sony Rewards, you can request to get basically $10 credit back to your Sony Chase Visa card. It only works on purchases made within the last 60 days.

For example, I purchased Genji PS3 from CC yesterday for $14. I will use 1400 points for cash credit, essentially getting it for free.[/quote]

You can also request triple points for SONY purchases, but now they give away points for polls (10?) and adding item to your wish list (15?), so it seems the cash back is a better deal. SONY card used to be awesome back in the day, but they only gave me 2000 points to join. The rewards were much much better before.

I got my only copy of Einhander from them in 2004 (1800pts = $18) and 11 copies of Final Fantasy VII (500 pts each = $5 each :whee:) in 2006!!!

I just received an e-mail saying they'll post 10,000 pts to my card by the 25th since I spent $xxx during a certain time frame (which I didn't). We'll see. I'll be getting some of these games if it goes through. They have HSG up now as well.

Sony card rocks, to date I have received a FREE (after points redemtion) - playstation 3 - a PSP - castlevania chronicles - and in about another month I'll redeem for a free sixaxis controller. That is 670.00 worth of sony stuff free by using my card!

Do the wheel of fortunegame, the daily question, the polls and withlist update, and you can rack up some points in a year!

Don't buy from the sony site, purchase it locally/ or audthorized online retailer and redeem points for best value.

[quote name='QiG']I just received an e-mail saying they'll post 10,000 pts to my card by the 25th since I spent $xxx during a certain time frame (which I didn't). We'll see. I'll be getting some of these games if it goes through. They have HSG up now as well.[/quote]

Hmm I spent $500 during the time, but no email.

[quote name='rushisrighton']
Do the wheel of fortunegame, the daily question, the polls and withlist update, and you can rack up some points in a year!

Don't buy from the sony site, purchase it locally/ or audthorized online retailer and redeem points for best value.[/quote]

Did you get your wishlist update points this month and last month? I added several items and didn't get the points. Just wondering if anyone else didn't get their points.

Where is the daily question located? Do you have to pay to play wheel of fortune or is there a free area?

I'm not sure how the wishlist system works, I just know that I add/remove something everytime I pass through there to pay my bill online just in case. Are the polls daily, weekly, what?

I signed up for the WOF thing too. Just another thing to check up on daily I guess.

Most of the time, the points will update right away. If not, try adjusting you wishlist again the next day.

As for redeeming your points, you are much better off buying the sony product from an authorized retailer and file a claim form to use your points than to buy directly from the site.

The daily question is the sony pictures television (SPT) every day they post a new question which changes daily around 10:00 answer correctly you get 10pts, and you only get one shot at it.

The wheel of fortune game - you put in the puzzle answer and you get another 10 points, also to the left of the puzzle you will see a link that says U gotta see this, it links to the wheel of fortune 25th anniversary page where they frequently have a clip you watch (not necessary to watch it) and answer a question worth another 10pts you can also sign up for a free spin ID and check to see if yours came up for a 25,000 dollar prize.

Here is my trick for the sony points, to do all of these puzzles and the bonus prizes takes roughly 2 minutes a day if that.

1. go to the wheel of fortune website and become a forum member, save the page in your favorites so you can get to it fast. Every day people post the answers for the wheel of fortune puzzle, the daily spt question and the 25th anniversary question

2. open up a second window and log into your sony card page and answer the 3 questions, using the answers from the wheel of fortune forum page. A very fast and easy 30 points!!!

3.Create a wishlist - 50points update it once a month for another 25 points

4. play the daily spin the wheel game, you can bet 500 points, if you don't win you get them back the next day (sony card holders can win anything up to 1,000 dollars that is in there wish list.

5. play the once a month game (mega trip packages) bet 1,000 points, if you don't win you get them back

6.Check for random new polls worth 10 points.

7.If you do all of these which takes a minute or 2 a day you will get at least 1,000 points a month without spending a dime, plus multiple daily chances to win something great! Also if you do these puzzles about 5 times a month you automatically become a silver member and will get a 15% discount on everything in the sony card redemption store (NOT THE SONY STORE)

8. there is even more things to watch for on the site, but those are the main ones.

[quote name='rushisrighton']http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Here is the link for the forum with all of the answers posted for the sony card website

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/spt/

^and the daily spt question

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

^and the wheel of fortune puzzle question

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/learn/sony_rewards_clubs/wwc/wof_25th_anniversary/

^and the 25th anniversary question[/quote]

Great posts! One of the better deals I've seen on this site ;) I would have never guessed points are so easy to get the way they neglected my adjustment request late last year.

Wow I had no idea I could get extra points by answering little questions and the like on the website! This will do nicely to supplement the points I earn from monthly purchases using my credit card.

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='decon']Hmm I spent $500 during the time, but no email.[/quote]

No e-mail for me either. I need those points to pay for my new mp3 player!

Thanks for the tips and links rushisrighton. :D

[quote name='QiG']Great posts! One of the better deals I've seen on this site ;) I would have never guessed points are so easy to get the way they neglected my adjustment request late last year.[/quote]

I understand your pain. They said I redeemed over 11,000 of my points when they converted from Citibank to Chase. I never redeemed them and I checked monthly to make sure I don't lose any points. I said "If I redeemd them then they wouldnt be odd numbers in separate transactions like 353 points, 1024 points, etc. Then they said "you must have turned them in for credit" and I said "Nope, I dont know how to do that" I called again today for an update and they told me a sup would call back in 48 hours...which never happens. (I think Chase took over 2 years ago.
)
Thanks rushisrighton for pointing out the daily points! I don't think I will bother mailing in bonue points anymore. It isn't worth the effort, but the daily q's are worth it!

BTW the wish list doesn't give you points if anything is 'no longer available' on your wishlist even if you add new items. That is why I wasn't getting my points.

[quote name='Vcize']6000 points is a reduced rate? That equals $60, which is the retail price of the game.

Now that I look at it though, it looks like most of the redemptions are poor value, so getting equal value for the points for those of us that got the free 10k in the PS3 deal is nice.[/QUOTE]

yes you are correct, credit card points are not a specific game deal and the rate is not even discounted

Oh I forgot, once every six months call and ask for a better interest rate, I've worked them down to 11% fixed rate - however do not expect that off the bat! More than likely they will offer a fixed rate of XX which will be slightly lower than what you have and EVERY SINGLE TIME they did this for me they also gave me 1,000 bonus points without me having to ask. All I did was express that I liked my sony card, specifically because I could earn sony points, the only drawback to it was that it was my highest interest rate card and I couldn't use it as much as I like.

You can call and request a better rate once every six months, don't bother trying it more often, been there done that, you can't. The number is on the back of your card.

[quote name='rushisrighton']Oh I forgot, once every six months call and ask for a better interest rate, I've worked them down to 11% fixed rate - however do not expect that off the bat! More than likely they will offer a fixed rate of XX which will be slightly lower than what you have and EVERY SINGLE TIME they did this for me they also gave me 1,000 bonus points without me having to ask. All I did was express that I liked my sony card, specifically because I could earn sony points, the only drawback to it was that it was my highest interest rate card and I couldn't use it as much as I like.

You can call and request a better rate once every six months, don't bother trying it more often, been there done that, you can't. The number is on the back of your card.[/quote]

Wow you are like some sort of Sony Card guru... I will try this tomorrow. I'm not so much interested in the lower interest rate as the 1,000 bonus points.

Here's a sony card glitch I'll let you guys in on, I can say it works, however if you have a problem with it do not blame me.

1.Open up a second account under another name.

2.Do all the daily stuff in it that you do on your authentic account - daily puzzles and whatnot.

3.at the end of the month you should have 1,000 or x amount of points in each account

4.Now you are ready to do the glitch - go into your dummy account and change the user name and password to the same as your main account.

5.Both accounts will combine and you will have 2,000 points ready for redemption.

How does this work? - You do NOT have to have a sony card in order to become a sony club member, however having the card GREATLY increases the usability of the points and makes your chances of winning the daily prizes much more appealing. So you can set up another account any way you want, after you do the glitch you may want to go back into your account to make sure everything is right, and do not forget which passwords you used. Write them down! I do remember panicking for a minute wondering what happend to my second account, but then I figured out what happend, the fact that it didn't delete any points from either account was pretty friggin awesome, I thought I was goint to loose all of my points I had accumulated in my main account which would've sucked - I think the fact that it didn't is what makes this an official glitch. By all rights I don't think you should be able to do this - but you can.

Try it if you like - don't blame me for anything that goes wrong, maybe they have fixed this, but I doubt it. I'd say test it out with small amounts first if you are afraid of wipeing out thousands of points.

[quote name='whymustiregister']No e-mail for me either. I need those points to pay for my new mp3 player![/quote]

I sent off an e-mail to Sony Rewards this morning asking about the bonus. I just checked my account and the 10,000 point bonus has posted, along with the 500 point bonus for redeeming a reward before March 31. :bouncy:

Now I just need to decide if I'm gonna keep my new mp3 player (Sony NWZ-A818 silver), or sell it to get something else...

[quote name='whymustiregister']I sent off an e-mail to Sony Rewards this morning asking about the bonus. I just checked my account and the 10,000 point bonus has posted, along with the 500 point bonus for redeeming a reward before March 31. :bouncy:

Now I just need to decide if I'm gonna keep my new mp3 player (Sony NWZ-A818 silver), or sell it to get something else...[/quote]

Patiently awaiting mine. I hope it wasn't a fluke because I already have plans for those points. :lol:

OK, since I've pretty much thread jacked the OP's thread (sorry), I might as well keep giving info on snagging sony points. Down on the bottom of the main page there is an invite a friend Icon, and well us being cager's we've all got multiple email accounts, invite yourself, join under your dummy account and get 25 points in your main account. You can do this 4 times for a total of 100 points.

Really guys, the sony website rocks, while it may not be instant gratification, with a small amount of effort, the sony site pays out! I'm glad I could help you guys out, I've had the sony card for about 6 years, and it wasn't until about 2 years ago when I started really going after all of the free points.

Combine a deal off of the cag site, with your sony card and it's even sweeter!

Example: I waited to buy a ps3, One day on the cag site, someone posted a 20%off of any single item at K-mart, went out and got my 400.00 ps3 - the 80.00 and put 320.00 on my sony card and paid it off with the 32,000 points I had accumulated over the years (most of this was done without the free points)

But now that I'm working the system, I'm getting way more points than I ever did before.

Not long after that I scored a free daxter psp, and most of that was with free points, (got a good cag deal on that too).

It keeps getting better! Back in the day you could not get bonus points AND credit on your card for points redemption. Now you can submit 1 form and get credit as well as the 3x bonus points!

I would buy from a regular retailer using my Sony card then submit the recipt for reimbursement & Sony points @ 5 points per dollar.

[quote name='Plaid Ninja']I would buy from a regular retailer using my Sony card then submit the recipt for reimbursement & Sony points @ 5 points per dollar.[/quote]

That's what I am talking about but the 5X is only @ sony style , or when they had an xmas promo.

bread's done
Back