Updated PS3 Games / Point Acquisition and Redemption Strategies for SonyCard Holders

Fifth Ocean

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:EDIT: Scroll through to find Rush's advice regarding point accrual and redemption.

I'm not sure if anyone else jumped for the SonyStyle credit card offer a while back around August of '07, but if you did, chances are you might have residual points for your initial purchase (I received about 4.5K when purchasing the 60gb and an HDMI cable). Anyway, there selection of games to redeem points for has been updated, with the newer games actually costing less points than the old.

http://sonyrewards.com/en/redeem/subcategory/index/4?subcategory=187

New: 6,000 Points
Uncharted Drake’s Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Heavenly Sword
MLB 08 The Show

Old: 6,400 Points
F1 Championship
Genji: Days of the Blade
MLB 07 The Show
NBA 07
Motorstorm
Resistance: Fall of Man

I realize it is pretty specific to a few people (and maybe not a deal), but I've been waiting for this to happen for pretty much 7 months. Hope it helps someone else in a similar position. Right now I'm leaning towards Uncharted.

[quote name='rushisrighton']OK, since I've pretty much thread jacked the OP's thread (sorry), I might as well keep giving info on snagging sony points. [/quote]

Don't worry about that man, all your info is great. I'd be following up a bit more if I wasn't getting slammed with two jobs/internship/school right. Also if my PS3 wasn't in the shop. Keep it coming man.:applause:

How do you gamble the spin game? I cant seem to find that anywhere... and you say (Rush) that the points if you lose are credited back the next day?

Got a link or directions to that portion?

Nevermind found it int he daily giveaway area.

Thanks for all the info.

[quote name='Snake2715']How do you gamble the spin game? I cant seem to find that anywhere... and you say (Rush) that the points if you lose are credited back the next day?

Got a link or directions to that portion?

Nevermind found it int he daily giveaway area.

Thanks for all the info.[/quote]

I have the same question as above... as well as:

The credit form: Am I to understand that I could walk into the SonyStyle store and buy, say, Grand Theft Auto IV with my Sony Card... then just fill out the form and I'll be credited that amount I paid to my card in exchange for the equivalent price I paid for my rewards points? In short: Buy a sony related product with my sony card and pay with rewards points?

[quote name='QiG']I have the same question as above... as well as:

The credit form: Am I to understand that I could walk into the SonyStyle store and buy, say, Grand Theft Auto IV with my Sony Card... then just fill out the form and I'll be credited that amount I paid to my card in exchange for the equivalent price I paid for my rewards points? In short: Buy a sony related product with my sony card and pay with rewards points?[/QUOTE]

GTA4 isn't from Sony. You get bonus points if it is made by Sony/published by Sony.

Awesome thread Fifth Ocean and rushisrighton.

Just bought myself a 40 GB PS3 for $379.99 (using Amazon Gold Box & awaiting $100 deduction) yesterday after receiving my Sony Card in the mail.

Can't wait to buy Rock Band (still looking for a worthwhile deal).

[quote name='sononkyo']GTA4 isn't from Sony. You get bonus points if it is made by Sony/published by Sony.[/quote]

UMMM GTA4 on PS3 is from SONY, so you can get a credit. PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP games all count as SONY products.

[quote name='slowdive21']UMMM GTA4 on PS3 is from SONY, so you can get a credit. PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP games all count as SONY products.[/QUOTE]

Sony does not publish or develop GTA4, why are you claiming otherwise again?

[quote name='expane']Sony does not publish or develop GTA4, why are you claiming otherwise again?[/quote]

Didn't mean to stir up so much trouble with my example... but for what it's worth some of the games they offer aren't necessary Sony games. I'll send an e-mail for further clarification.

[quote name='rushisrighton']http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Here is the link for the forum with all of the answers posted for the sony card website

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/spt/

^and the daily spt question

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

^and the wheel of fortune puzzle question

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/learn/sony_rewards_clubs/wwc/wof_25th_anniversary/

^and the 25th anniversary question[/quote]

for some reason when i click on the spt site it asks me to log in even though I am already logged in. How do you access the spt website from the Sony Rewards' main site?

[quote name='KSHLove']for some reason when i click on the spt site it asks me to log in even though I am already logged in. How do you access the spt website from the Sony Rewards' main site?[/quote]

It does this for me once in a while. All I have to do is click on the message that tells you to log in and the question will come up.

[quote name='sononkyo']GTA4 isn't from Sony. You get bonus points if it is made by Sony/published by Sony.[/quote]

You get bonus points for ANY playstation game... that includes GTA IV

[quote name='KSHLove']for some reason when i click on the spt site it asks me to log in even though I am already logged in. How do you access the spt website from the Sony Rewards' main site?[/QUOTE]

I had trouble w/ this yesterday but I eventually figured it out.

On the Sony Rewards site, go to Your Account > Your Profile > Communications and then scroll down to Sony Pictures Television Rewards and make sure to check it. Update your profile and voila!

If you want to use your sony points to buy something locally or from an authorized E-tailer you can use the purchase credit form. What you want to do is pay for it with your sony card, and fill out this form within 60 days of your purchase, it will take one billing cycle for it to show on your cards balance, and as soon as it is credited, the next time you log into your sony card site, you will see your points gone,

HEADS UP POINTER!!!!!!!> let's say you have 3,000 points and you are going to redeem something for 30.00, it will take all 3,000 points to do so. If you play the daily spin and/or the monthly mega prize, it will temporarily bet 500 points for the daily spin and 1,000 for the mega prize leaving you with only 1,500 ready to use points, the sony site does not differentiate what points you want to use for you, it will see that you have 1500 points and therefore credit you 15dollars. My advice is if you want your purchase paid for in full make sure you have enough EXTRA points in your account to cover the puzzles or don't play them during the redemption process.

Below is a link to the purchase credit form, if you have any questions on how to do what is required you can call the number on the back of your credit card and ask to be transferred to someone who can help you with it. I scratched my head the first time I had to do it and ended up calling.

Log into your account before useing this link so it will take you to the right page.
https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/your_account/purchase_credit_form/

OR you can log in to the sony site, go to the tab that says your account, and on the lower left there will be a link that says view purchase credit form.

[quote name='expane']Sony does not publish or develop GTA4, why are you claiming otherwise again?[/quote]

Maybe you do not understand what I mean, so I will simplify my answer. ANY Playstation game/PSP game counts as a SONY product to SONY rewards. It does not matter who published the game or what development studio it is from...It is on a SONY game system, so it is a SONY product as far as sonycard is concerned.

"Claim " implies, someone is not telling the truth. You should check your own information, before doubting what others say.

On one of my previous posts I mentioned that by playing the daily puzzles, you would become a silverclub member (or whatever they called it). But if you guys are just starting to do the puzzles I'll explain a little what I meant.

By doing the daily puzzles and answering correctly 5 times or more a month (not sure about that number) you will become an elite member and are rewarded by lower price redemption points on the sony rewards site.

Example: On the sony rewards site, if you have not been doing the puzzles it will show a total points redemption price of 47,100 points for a playstation 3. In dollar terms that is 471.00 for a 40 gig system - not so good of deal.

But for doing the daily puzzles and answering so many correctly you are rewarded with lower redemption points below that price of 47,100 points for a ps3 will be your new rewards price called the jackpot price and the ps3 will now be 40,035 points or $400.31 now that's a normal price (for a non cagger) it seems that the jackpot price of most all items on the sony redemption site is on par with most internet retailers. without the jackpot price though it is pretty high. You do not get the jackpot price right away, you have to wait a few weeks - they wait about a month to post your status and they explain why if you read the terms.

My e-mail to them:

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Hi,

I was interested in purchasing a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV for my
Playstation 3 at a Sony Style Store. I am writing for clarification on
whether this product would qualify to use the Purchase Credit Form in
exchange for my reward points. I do not know if it has to be a
specifically Sony branded product or if it qualifies since it is made
for the Playstation. Thank you.

Their repsonse:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards Online Support.

Unfortunately, the specific information you requested can't be provided
via email due to privacy legislation.

For questions regarding Sony Card Rewards Redemption, please call Sony
Card customer service at 1-877-718-7669 (Option 2), from 8:00 a.m. to
midnight (Eastern Time), 7 days a week.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

Thank you for taking 52 hours to respond to this e-mail with an ignorant pre-written response that tells me absolutely nothing and doesn't make sense.
So.. it's still up in the air. I would say that if you buy it at the SonyStyle store there shouldn't be any argument, but what do I know?

By the way, I was trying to figure out what retailers are authorized for the Purchase Credit Form as well.. it used to pull a list after I put in a zip code with tons of local stores, but now it's a direct link to the SonyStyle website. Is that the only authorized dealer now? I was hoping to get in on the $99 PS2 sale at TRU because there's no way I'm paying 14800 points or $129 + tax at the Sony store for it.

Edit: Also wondering why this site is so hard to navigate. I can't figure out how to get anywhere without checking back to this thread and clicking on the posted links. I still never found the daily or monthly giveaway pages.

[quote name='QiG']My e-mail to them:

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Hi,

I was interested in purchasing a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV for my
Playstation 3 at a Sony Style Store. I am writing for clarification on
whether this product would qualify to use the Purchase Credit Form in
exchange for my reward points. I do not know if it has to be a
specifically Sony branded product or if it qualifies since it is made
for the Playstation. Thank you.

Their repsonse:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards Online Support.

Unfortunately, the specific information you requested can't be provided
via email due to privacy legislation.

For questions regarding Sony Card Rewards Redemption, please call Sony
Card customer service at 1-877-718-7669 (Option 2), from 8:00 a.m. to
midnight (Eastern Time), 7 days a week.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

Thank you for taking 52 hours to respond to this e-mail with an ignorant pre-written response that tells me absolutely nothing and doesn't make sense.
So.. it's still up in the air. I would say that if you buy it at the SonyStyle store there shouldn't be any argument, but what do I know?

By the way, I was trying to figure out what retailers are authorized for the Purchase Credit Form as well.. it used to pull a list after I put in a zip code with tons of local stores, but now it's a direct link to the SonyStyle website. Is that the only authorized dealer now? I was hoping to get in on the $99 PS2 sale at TRU because there's no way I'm paying 14800 points or $129 + tax at the Sony store for it.

Edit: Also wondering why this site is so hard to navigate. I can't figure out how to get anywhere without checking back to this thread and clicking on the posted links. I still never found the daily or monthly giveaway pages.[/quote]

If you would read the previous posts about this, you would have your answer... I will repeat what i said last time, ANY PLAYSTATION 3 GAME WILL GIVE YOU TRIPLE POINTS. it will give you 5 times the points if u buy it at the sony store. I have done this with about 8 PS3 games so far and another 5-6 PSP games. One of thoses PSP games was GTA: Liberty City Stories, so even if you didnt believe me there is proof that a GTA game will count.

ANY playstation game will count, dosent matter who publishes them or whatever, all the games are for a sony product, so they all count.

LEt me put it this way. I have bought from CC,BB,kmart,target,sears,TRU,walmart and dell and they have all be authorized retailers. ANYTHING sold in the sonystyle store should qualify unless it does not have sony slapped on it somewhere in the fine print.

I won a $500.00 credit to my Sony Card from Sony Rewards. I had made only one purchase - a Playstation 3, knowing that I would get a $100.00 credit when I signed up, and then a few weeks later I got a call from Sullivan Compliance Company which is the company that handles the prizes for Sony, and they informed me that I was one of the 3 weekly winners. It was awesome! So basically I made money buying a Playstation 3!

ALL sony ps1-2-3 games OR any sony software for that matter cd's/dvd's will qualify for a 3xbonus points redemption - however I've never really bothered too much doing the little stuff.

As far as a purchase credit, if it was purchased on your sony card, GTA or any sony game SHOULD qualify, it is after all a playstation game. I think the only exception to that rule is when you redeem for a game off of the sony rewards website. I think if you selected a game on the sony rewards site, you may only be able to apply a set number of points towards a game or dvd the rest you would have to pay for.

I believe there thinking on that is to prevent people from just going for a quickie redemption, but if you do the paperwork through your credit card you should be good to go for a redemption, but if you're worried I'd call the number on the back of your card - they are incredibly helpfull over the phone at least! But I can imagine that the emails would generically suck.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']I won a $500.00 credit to my Sony Card from Sony Rewards. I had made only one purchase - a Playstation 3, knowing that I would get a $100.00 credit when I signed up, and then a few weeks later I got a call from Sullivan Compliance Company which is the company that handles the prizes for Sony, and they informed me that I was one of the 3 weekly winners. It was awesome! So basically I made money buying a Playstation 3![/quote]

Congrats you lucky dog!

Maybe my turns next:bouncy:

Can I purchase a PS3 from Amazon with the Sony Card and get $100 credit? Or does that first purchase of $299+ need to be from SonyStyle to get the credit?

Also, does SonyStyle charge sales tax?

[quote name='thenockmlb']Can I purchase a PS3 from Amazon with the Sony Card and get $100 credit? Or does that first purchase of $299+ need to be from SonyStyle to get the credit?

Also, does SonyStyle charge sales tax?[/QUOTE]
Yes, and I'd recommend requesting triple points on a Sony purchase. I'm not sure about tax @ Sonystyle.

[quote name='cleaver']Yes, and I'd recommend requesting triple points on a Sony purchase. I'm not sure about tax @ Sonystyle.[/QUOTE]

Sonystyle do charge tax if they have retail operations in your state.

[quote name='cleaver']Yes, and I'd recommend requesting triple points on a Sony purchase. I'm not sure about tax @ Sonystyle.[/quote]

Great, thanks. Also, do I request triple points after I make an account on sonyrewards when I recieve my card?

Hey guys, I'm new here, but this deal really has my interest. If I say wanted to buy a ps3, I get the 100 bucks in credit, right? so at the same time, id be getting 2000 sony points (if my math is correct ;)) and 5000 for applying for the card? so, id get an essentially free game (7000 points)? also, if i wanted, could i put that 70 dollars credit and put it on the card to use to buy call of duty 4? or would i be only able to buy the games available?

I just had a live chat with Customer Support at SonyStyle, and they said that the $100 credit promotion is only for purchases made at SonyStle.com or its retail store. Boo.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']Maybe try signing up under this link. This supposedly works for any licensed Sony retailer, not just Sony Style.

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygatewa...&CELL=6064&MSC=&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01[/QUOTE]

Hmm...so there are two different deals, one that gives you $100 credit for purchasing only at Sonystyle, and another that gives you the $100 no matter where the purchase is at?

I'd like to sign up for the second one and then buy a PS3 at Wal Mart with my 10% employee discount, but I'm worried the purchase wouldn't count and I'd end up being out $100 verus if I'd just bought it on Sonystyle...

I signed up under the first link, hopefully they'll count it when I buy the PS3. I'm buying it at bestbuy either way probably the $100 is just a bonus if I can get it.

Can anybody confirm that the second link allows you to buy it from anywhere? I know it basically says so, but has anybody here done it and got the $100 credit?

Well I just signed under the 2nd link. I think the OP might secretly work for Sony. I plan on buying the MGS4 bundle at Amazon, so here's hoping it's an approved store.

Cool, my hot shots golf I ordered over the weekend is here already. Hopefully they'll put Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 up on the site when they come out.. I should have enough points for both of them by fall if I keep up with all these bonus points.

Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if they can switch my deal to just buying a PS3 or if I can cancel (never activate) the first card and sign up for the second without destroying my credit score.

[quote name='rushisrighton']

Don't buy from the sony site, purchase it locally/ or audthorized online retailer and redeem points for best value.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? I thought the sony site gives you 5 points to every dollar, whereas the authorized retailers give you 3 points. What am I missing?

[quote name='S1lentTwo']Hmm...so there are two different deals, one that gives you $100 credit for purchasing only at Sonystyle, and another that gives you the $100 no matter where the purchase is at?

I'd like to sign up for the second one and then buy a PS3 at Wal Mart with my 10% employee discount, but I'm worried the purchase wouldn't count and I'd end up being out $100 verus if I'd just bought it on Sonystyle...[/quote]

I asked another Chat Support representative today about the link mentioning the PS3, and they said the only current active promotion involves the $100 back on a purchase of $299 or more at SonyStyle.com or a SonyStyle retail store.

Hmm...well why is that other link still up then? I don't see how they could deny you the credit if the place that you signed up at said you could make the purchase anywhere...

[quote name='S1lentTwo']Why is that? I thought the sony site gives you 5 points to every dollar, whereas the authorized retailers give you 3 points. What am I missing?[/quote]

I was generally speaking, if you can't find it cheaper locally, or on the web, then yes buying from the sony site is a better deal, however most of us caggers can find a much better deal elsewhere.

[quote name='decon']IF you purchase using your Sony Card, you can go online and ask for Cash Credit on ANY Sony product. .[/quote]

where is this option??? is it on chase online or sony rewards website?

[quote name='Tormentid']where is this option??? is it on chase online or sony rewards website?[/quote]

sonyrewards.com. Click 'credit request form'

Hmm, I read somewhere that either link would give you the $100 after you purchase a product that is over $299 ANYWHERE (Not SonyStyle) but you obviously have to use the Sony Card. Can anyone confirm?

Holy crap! I won the daily giveaway and think I just got a 40gb PS3 out of it!

Make sure you put a bunch of stuff on your wish list so you can choose it instead of the daily prize if you win the contest. The daily prize contest was for a photo printer and I was able to choose from anything on my wish list (few things were in-stock). I guess I'll be contacted within a few days. I'll let everyone know how it works.

If you check the winners, I'm Gregory M. from North Olmsted, Oh

bread's done
Back