Updated PS3 Games / Point Acquisition and Redemption Strategies for SonyCard Holders

Fifth Ocean

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:EDIT: Scroll through to find Rush's advice regarding point accrual and redemption.

I'm not sure if anyone else jumped for the SonyStyle credit card offer a while back around August of '07, but if you did, chances are you might have residual points for your initial purchase (I received about 4.5K when purchasing the 60gb and an HDMI cable). Anyway, there selection of games to redeem points for has been updated, with the newer games actually costing less points than the old.

http://sonyrewards.com/en/redeem/subcategory/index/4?subcategory=187

New: 6,000 Points
Uncharted Drake’s Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Heavenly Sword
MLB 08 The Show

Old: 6,400 Points
F1 Championship
Genji: Days of the Blade
MLB 07 The Show
NBA 07
Motorstorm
Resistance: Fall of Man

I realize it is pretty specific to a few people (and maybe not a deal), but I've been waiting for this to happen for pretty much 7 months. Hope it helps someone else in a similar position. Right now I'm leaning towards Uncharted.

How long does it usually take for an order to go through? I placed an order for a subwoofer with my sony points a week ago. I had about 14000 total points, and the sub was 8499 after the 15% discount for platinum level. The points haven't been debited fully from my acount, and are simply "on hold". I never got an email about the order, and when I look on my redemption history it shows no status of the order that I can see.

MjC

Another new tip on earning easy points....

When you fill out the daily wheel of fortune puzzle and go to click "submit". Hold down the submit button for about 5-10 seconds, then rapidly click the mouse button until the "congratulations" message appears. This will usually net me around 5X the normal amount of points. In your points earned account it will show you logged the correct puzzle solution several times. I think Ive got about 60 pts one time.

Have yet to win anything exciting yet though! Enjoy the points tip!

p.s. this may work for any submit button in addition to just the puzzle solution. Have yet to explore this new strategy....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kudakilr']Another new tip on earning easy points....

When you fill out the daily wheel of fortune puzzle and go to click "submit". Hold down the submit button for about 5-10 seconds, then rapidly click the mouse button until the "congratulations" message appears. This will usually net me around 5X the normal amount of points. In your points earned account it will show you logged the correct puzzle solution several times. I think Ive got about 60 pts one time.

p.s. this may work for any submit button in addition to just the puzzle solution. Have yet to explore this new strategy....[/quote]

Woah really?? I'm going to try this once the next puzzles show up.

[quote name='kudakilr']Another new tip on earning easy points....

p.s. this may work for any submit button in addition to just the puzzle solution. Have yet to explore this new strategy....[/quote]

What browser/OS are you using? I noticed the spin wheel was affected by the browser/platform I was using in the past.

did not work for me today. Yeah must have been lucky. But i know its happened..

Browser... I am using Firefox v3.0.5 ........

Yeah I had 14000 points... bought Singstar game only, Buzz, and Eye of Judgement.. Got the credit for the wife's singstar and just sent off for Buzz and Eye of Judgement (Walmart clearance for 29.99).

I never do the wheel of fortune anymore... I probably should. I did register 5 products (thanks for that tip).

Linking the BD ive disk stuff is next.

cool i got 2X 10 points today on the puzzle.. keep trying the strategy..

today's answers
wheel of fortune: TV JUDGE
Sony TV: Brenden
U GOTTA SEE THIS: Tea Leaves
+Survey, Daily Give away, Monthly dream prize

Hmm...I can verify that kudakilr's trick does indeed work.

After typing in the WoF answer, I held down on the submit button for about 5 secs then clicked rapidly. Ended up getting 40 pts today instead of 10.

:applause: to kudakilr for the awesome tip. Let's see if this applies to the other quizzes. So far, I am 1 for 2 on WoF and 0 for 1 on SPT using this trick.

Congratulations!

What are "Campaign Points"? Any body know?
and what did you do before earning them?

got 2x points a couple times now on the wheel of fortune one and the spt question. i wonder, do you really need to hold it down, or has anyone had luck just tapping it right away?

and i've never heard of campaign points either, never seen them mentioned anywhere but here. i want some tho!

I think I've had more luck holding it down first BC it gives you hand a more stable start for the rapid click...just a hypothesis...

Thanks to all for this thread. Knew about the points redemption strategies, but the BD-Live thing was new to me. Now i need to register my live discs.

The site has been down for me....I did the wheel trick and it error'd out on me. Now, I cannot even get back in. I hope i get credit for my correct answer

Oh sorry for your luck doubledown... The most I've seen achieved, so far, is 60 points.. Interesting to see what the max can be... Worked for me again tonight.. The trick is worthy.. With only one failure story the chances are pretty good. And if you don't receive multiple points, chances are you'll get the good old 10.

are you guys still getting multiple clicks on wof and spt? I haven't been able to do it in a couple days. Given i've only gotten like 20 points tops out of these, but now i just get the confirmation click followed by the buzzer and just the 10 points. You guys must be frickin quick. I've even tried tapping my mouse with one hand and my laptop pad with the other, same time, still only 20 ha. Maybe it's cause my mouse is wireless. or my internet is too fast. meh

I'm going to laugh when people's points start disappearing. I had a good chuckle when people who were exploiting the blu ray registration were rewarded with automatic point conversions to coupons.

That exploit could be further improved with a simple Autohotkey script that clicks once every 10 milliseconds or so. The downside to this is that if you pull in 1500 points off of a single day's puzzle or whatever you're liable to get hunted down and have your account deactivated. That said, if you don't have many points, it might be worth a shot just to see if it's possible.

For those who haven't used Autohotkey before, a script that might work:

Code:
SendMode Input

!^f::
  loop 200
  {
    Click
    Sleep 10
  }
return
That'll click 200 times in roughly 2 seconds wherever your mouse currently is. The clicking would start on Ctrl+Alt+F.
www.autohotkey.com
You'll definitely want to test it elsewhere before you risk your day's points on it. And, again, I'm not responsible for the consequences if this works well.

got a 2x today, so yeah still working, i just suck.

who's the gonna be the guinea pig for esoteria's trick? :lol:

[quote name='ocbengtson']oh wow. i knew about the bd live logins, but had no idea about the 10 dollar coupons. how do i sign up for the newsletter? on the sonyrewards website or through the bd live access? thanks for the info!/I]

You can sign up for it on Sony rewards, in your account settings, where you can choose which groups you want to participate in Wheel Watchers, Playstation, SPT etc... choose the Sony Bluray club. I haven't been able to figure out the timing for the emails, but I remember seeing coupons for The House Bunny, Hancock, Stepbrothers, and the Resident Evil Movie.[/QUOTE]

I just registered my first BLu Disc and it gave me 200 points. I also changed my preferences to sign up.

Thanks again for this, I would have missed it.

the multiple click has not worked for me in about a week also.. A wireless mouse could have a huge delay as I have had trouble just clicking on something once with one.
-Good luck

I've been trying the quick click trick since it's been posted and only hit it once for about 60 points two days ago. I'm glad it doesn't work everytime because that helps not throw a flag up if they figure it out.

[quote name='major morgan']Can someone please explain the perks of the purchase credit form for me? I'm confused now. :([/quote]

It helps you to get your bonus multiplier for buying a sony item. You can also elect to deduct points from your account to be counted against the cost of the item on your next bill.

[quote name='vangl76']on the purchase credit form, for online retailers, what do you put for city and state?[/quote]

The fine print says to put AA doesn't it?

[quote name='vangl76']on the purchase credit form, for online retailers, what do you put for city and state?[/quote]

[quote name='JaTaN']Whatever's on the shipping invoice[/quote]

[quote name='Tom Ato']The fine print says to put AA doesn't it?[/quote]

I've put 'internet', my home town, or their location and I have always gotten the credit anyway. I don't think they are as picky as they used to be.

Has Sony fixed the multiple click glitch on WoF? I haven't been able to succeed for over a week now. They've caught on. :whistle2:(

[quote name='evergoo']Has Sony fixed the multiple click glitch on WoF? I haven't been able to succeed for over a week now. They've caught on. :whistle2:([/quote]

I hit it once this week.. got about 30 extra points and could have gotten more if my brain processed that it as working since it seemed to hang for a moment longer.

I just got notified of a 4% APR hike, so I'm closing my card. I wound up with $100 of Uno's gift cards after 18 months, so not a bad deal. Prior to them trying to rape me of course. :p

i just got 20 on wof, the first time this week tho. most i've gotten is 30.

And for those of you who are registering your bluray discs for 100 points, here's how you can keep all those points and not let the site automatically turn 1000 points into a worthless bluray coupon. Before you register #10, #20, and #30, make sure all your points are on hold, by playing the daily giveaways (500 points) and the monthly dream prize (1000 points). And most of the time you can have two days worth of daily giveaway points held because it takes an extra day for them to be taken off hold, so potentially 2000 points you can have on hold at one time. If your points are on hold, they can't be pulled out by the system when you register the 10th disc, but you'll still be sent the coupon and be given the points for #10. I'd say try leaving one point available, as i left zero and it only gave me 50 pts for my number 10. Also i'm pretty sure they cut you off at 30, cause i'm gettin no more points :lol: You do get a 20% off electronics coupon at #30 tho, which is pretty slick. That's 20% off after the 15% off for being platinum on wof or spt.

[quote name='WebScud']I just got notified of a 4% APR hike, so I'm closing my card. I wound up with $100 of Uno's gift cards after 18 months, so not a bad deal. Prior to them trying to rape me of course. :p[/quote]

As long as you pay off your balance every month, APR doesn't matter since you'll never be charged a penny.

[quote name='Tom Ato']As long as you pay off your balance every month, APR doesn't matter since you'll never be charged a penny.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware, but I carry a modest balance to build up credit.

first time the wof multiple click trick worked for me. site was lagging so i started clicking away and ended up getting 60 points. didn't even try clicking very fast so im thinking i could've got more.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. I'm an intelligent person, but it would have taken me a year to get through all the "stuff" on the sonyrewards website to figure out how to earn and redeem smartly. What is your opinion on the BEST way to spend points in order to get the most bang for my buck?

[quote name='WebScud']I'm aware, but I carry a modest balance to build up credit.[/quote]

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...InYour20s/9waysToBuildAKillerCreditScore.aspx

Finally, you don't need to carry a balance on a credit card to have good credit scores. Paying your bill in full each month is the best way to keep your finances in shape and build your credit at the same time.

Please don't pay interest to build up your credit. It is simply not necessary and you are throwing money out the window.

bread's done
Back