In N Out vs Tommys

[quote name='hec204']Never heard of tommys but I love In N out, probably because I'm on the west coast[/QUOTE]

Apparently there is a Tommy's burger in the san diego region somewhere. You should try to find it. I thought Tommy's was more east coast, but just checked their web site and they are all over cali.

[quote name='mr ryles']Apparently there is a Tommy's burger in the san diego region somewhere. You should try to find it. I thought Tommy's was more east coast, but just checked their web site and they are all over cali.[/quote]
Just saw that too, I asked my friend whom I'm talking with right now and he said he loves that place.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Whats a Tommy's? You mixed up the links too cause I clicked on the one under In and Out and had no idea what that was.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know! BTW...Cant wait for SF4!!!!

We have both in Vegas. I jsut had Tommy's the other weeks, but I love, love In-N-OUt. I have yet to find a person who doesn't. Not only that, but you can get there practically day after day and eat there food and feel great. Can't say the same about McDonalds. With Tommys, their burgers are delicious, but they seem to give me heart burn (probably the chili). I love getting their burgers, though, since I can use the chili for the awesome frys.

[quote name='ryanbph']I wish we had good chain burger joints on the east coast[/quote]

You guys have white castle, at least. But umm yeah, it does kind of stink that aways in terms of good burger places. I can name you several chains that are strictly "west only" at the moment. This sucks since I may be moving to that side of the country soon.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']We have both in Vegas. I jsut had Tommy's the other weeks, but I love, love In-N-OUt. I have yet to find a person who doesn't. Not only that, but you can get there practically day after day and eat there food and feel great. Can't say the same about McDonalds. With Tommys, their burgers are delicious, but they seem to give me heart burn (probably the chili). I love getting their burgers, though, since I can use the chili for the awesome frys.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...Plus their variations of animal style burgers and fries only help your craving for them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You guys have white castle, at least. But umm yeah, it does kind of stink that aways in terms of good burger places. I can name you several chains that are strictly "west only" at the moment. This sucks since I may be moving to that side of the country soon.[/quote]

I live about 20 min from cape cod here in MA, and there isn't a white castle anywhere near here. There is none in New England. I have been to a few when I visited friends in NJ. There were ok, nothing great.

There are a couple of Johnny Rockets in RI. That was a decent burger. Recently a red robin chain opened up nearby, and that was decent as well.

[quote name='indy2029']Dudes!!! If you live in CA but have never had Tommy's...GO RIGHT NOW!:

http://www.originaltommys.com/[/quote]

Agree.......WTF, you live in Cali and never been to a Tommy's!? Although I think Tommy's is pure SoCal. So if you live NoCal you have been deprived.
It's such a hard choice too. In N Out doesn't even do chili so you can't compare the two. I think Fat Burger V. In N Out would be a better poll.
My vote was for Tommy's.

I had Tommy's recently on the way back north from Disneyland, and it was WAY better then In N Out. Just wish they had them up here so I could go there more often hehehe.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You guys have white castle, at least. But umm yeah, it does kind of stink that aways in terms of good burger places. I can name you several chains that are strictly "west only" at the moment. This sucks since I may be moving to that side of the country soon.[/quote]

White castle is no where near as good as In N Out. I live on the east coast but i've been to an In N Out and it was excellent. I have to say vote In N Out, best fast food place i've been to in a long time.

I like In N Out, but don't go often due to it being overpriced and busy. I've heard great things about Tommy's, but I have never been there in the year and a half I have lived in Southern California. I don't think there is one in Riverside.

[quote name='ryanbph']I wish we had good chain burger joints on the east coast[/QUOTE]

Five Guys is pretty good if you have them around.

And Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger is great for more of a sit down burger joint. Red Robin is great as well, though pricier.

this thread made me go out and get some tommy's. i can't believe there are a lot of people here in california that don't even know what it is. in n out ain't got shit on tommy's

[quote name='mrlokievil']White castle is no where near as good as In N Out. I live on the east coast but i've been to an In N Out and it was excellent. I have to say vote In N Out, best fast food place i've been to in a long time.[/quote]

Well of course, but I was trying to look on the bright side. I'd kill to have the last fast food joint we don't have here, White Castle. Outside of that, we have pretty much it all. Also, I had to go to Cali when they had a White Castle for the first Harold and Kumar.

[quote name='indy2029']Exactly...Plus their variations of animal style burgers and fries only help your craving for them.[/quote]

Too bad they put a cap on how big you can make their burgers. My friends and I used to love having contests to see who could power through a 5 X 5 or bigger, too bad we nobody ever won, but at least we had leftovers.

[quote name='ryanbph']I live about 20 min from cape cod here in MA, and there isn't a white castle anywhere near here. There is none in New England. I have been to a few when I visited friends in NJ. There were ok, nothing great.

There are a couple of Johnny Rockets in RI. That was a decent burger. Recently a red robin chain opened up nearby, and that was decent as well.[/quote]

We have Johnny Rockets too:lol: I like them and have them from time to time, but they're a bit expensive. They're Mushroom Melt burger is to die for:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: I think I might do that tomorrow after the dentist actually. They're shakes are incredible as well.

[quote name='Matt Young']I like In N Out, but don't go often due to it being overpriced and busy. I've heard great things about Tommy's, but I have never been there in the year and a half I have lived in Southern California. I don't think there is one in Riverside.[/quote]

In-N-OUt is hardly expensive.

you guys suck!!

first of all... this is such a california topic...

secondly... I always wonder why nobody ever mentions Tommy's as top tier fast food in the west coast...

I cant believe so many of you ppl from Cali who are replying never heard of the place!!

I highly recommend you try it out, Tommy's is bomb ass mother fuckin Chili Burgers!!

granted yes you can get better Chili Burgers at places like Pinks,

but Tommys is fast food and damn fuckin delicious fast food, and I hate fast food but I cosign the fuck outta Tommys.

still... In N Out is better... if I had to choose one...

but at the end of the day the winner is me becoz I can have both!!!

both burgers are two very different tastes so truly they really cant be compared

EDIT:

[quote name='ryanbph']There are a couple of Johnny Rockets in RI. That was a decent burger. Recently a red robin chain opened up nearby, and that was decent as well.[/QUOTE]We have Johnny Rockets in CA too... I actually really like that place.

Chili size is a great chili burger too... but it's a VERY different taste than Tommys... both becoz of choice of cheese and different chili recipe.

Red Robins is crap... their shyt is all trying to be what Johnny Rockets is... the only thing they do is put egg in a burger which tastes exactly like how it sounds.

like it's not bad... it's good but not amazing and not worth the sit-down.

[quote name='chi.bri']Agree.......WTF, you live in Cali and never been to a Tommy's!? Although I think Tommy's is pure SoCal. So if you live NoCal you have been deprived.
It's such a hard choice too. In N Out doesn't even do chili so you can't compare the two. I think Fat Burger V. In N Out would be a better poll.
My vote was for Tommy's.[/QUOTE]Fat Burger is the worst shyt ever... I dont even wanna elaborate on it... it's just downright bad.

[quote name='Moxio']Neither.[/QUOTE]you suck the most!! :no: :headache:

Its basically fresh burgers and fries that you could make at home. Nothing frozen and everything made in front of you. Its overrated for sure but its the lesser of evils when you want a burger and fries.

This isn't even that much of a CA only topic since Tommy's is only in SoCal. Its turned into pick In N Out since you've never been to/heard of Tommy's.

The Hat > Tommy's > Bakers > In N Out.

Anybody who says In n Out is better needs to head down to Tommy's and grab a triple chili cheese burger.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Its basically fresh burgers and fries that you could make at home. Nothing frozen and everything made in front of you. Its overrated for sure but its the lesser of evils when you want a burger and fries.

This isn't even that much of a CA only topic since Tommy's is only in SoCal. Its turned into pick In N Out since you've never been to/heard of Tommy's.[/quote]

err...we have a Tommy's, and In-N-Out, and Johnny Rockets in Vegas. so there.:cool:;):D:booty:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Too bad they put a cap on how big you can make their burgers. My friends and I used to love having contests to see who could power through a 5 X 5 or bigger, too bad we nobody ever won, but at least we had leftovers.[/quote]

I remember looking at an article of a 50 by 50 at In n Out or was it 100 by 100. :lol:

In N out by default because Ive never been to Tommy's. I know there's one near the Glendale Galleria in Glendale,CA.

[quote name='Magehart']The Hat > Tommy's > Bakers > In N Out.[/quote]

Man this thread is making me jones for some good ole SoCal fast food burgers.
I moved to Chicago from SGV a few years ago and haven't been able to find anything close to the 4 places you mentioned.
Bakers is the golden gem in the IE. I use to get a pack of hot sauce and ketchup, mix the two and use it as a dipping sauce for the fry's. Good shit.
BTW....I hate it when someone discuss burgers and they bring up White Castle. White Castles sliders ain't shit compared to a real burger.

How do you take your In N Out burger?
Double Double animal style for me.

Cheeseburger - well done, bun extra toasted, onion/everything on it, sometimes animal style; sometimes not. Animal style on the fries sometimes.

bread's done
Back