Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Gen. Discussion & Info.

buterbals

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
mkvsdcgi4.png

Character Renders:

sonyayo9.th.jpg

Screenshots:

Arenas:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XorpheusX']This is quite possibly one of the strangest ideas I have ever heard.[/quote]

Even stranger than Darth Vader and Yoda in SoulCalibur IV... :whistle2:o

I just hope that they don't add any new characters for this MK. Instead stick with the classics, as DC has more established characters.

I just hear "you got your peanut butter in my chocolate" when reading about this on Kotaku. I'm a fan of Mortal Kombat and I also am a fan of DC so mixing them together might be great, haha. Marvel characters fighting Capcom characters probably sounded weird to people at first too.

Creatively, it can be done, being that numerous realms are represented in Mortal Kombat...

Beyond that, I'm not sure it'll work.

We just want a straight-up Mortal Kombat title.

They could still make a good fighting game, out of this, I suppose... but I want that Mortal Kombat charm.

If it plays like the crappy 3d MK games where you change fighting styles or whatever I won't even bother. Hope they do something with the combat so its actually fun to play again.

No fatalities and little to no blood? Hmm...

I call shenanigans. I'm interested, and sorta want it to happen, but I won't be surprised if it's complete BS.

[quote name='buterbals']I just hope that they don't add any new characters for this MK. Instead stick with the classics, as DC has more established characters.[/quote]

Actually Boon said there would be a handful of characters that carry over....i dont know if he meant there would be new characters. But 20 of the 64 or whatever MK characters seem like a handful. This game better have at least 15-20 characters from each side or more.

This game isnt what i expected, and as a mortal kombat fan this feels so wrong. I cant see this being good for mk fans....most of them on MK boards are pissed off.

I haven't really played an MK since UMK3 so I'm not really a fan. I'm a huge DC fan though so this is just disappointing that Capcom didn't get the license to make a game. I would have been content if they slapped some DC characters on X-Men Children of the Atom and called it a day.

This is just bad. Rise of the Imperfects II?

wait what????!?!

Ok so we will never get a Marvel vs DC because the rights will be extremely expensive for the publisher so we get MK vs DC?

No blood and no fatalities is a bad thing. They really need to change that. They were what made MK the game it was.

Haha yeah... I realize that Batman doing a fatality would be out of character, but the very fact that it's MK vs. DC means they're taking plenty of liberties already. They should go ahead and put some gore in there!

I've got a higher interest in MK vs. DC after just seeing the teaser trailer, still seems like a weird joke though.

Ok, we've seen Subzero and Batman. What about some other fair competition? I'll start:

Johnny Cage vs. Darkseid - Cage hits Darkseid with the shadow kick, irritating him. Darkseid performs a standard move and fatality in one move by obliterating Cage in one. Darkseid wins.

I think most people would much rather have had a Marvel vs. DC game being released but yeah, having the camera zoom into Fight Night style combat when you're up close with your opponent sounds pretty cool. There's a video interview with Ed Boon on Gamespot right now.

[quote name='buzzcola']why not lego kombat?[/quote]At least then they would be able to keep fatalities, albeit very blocky ones.

Hmm well after watching the interview I might consider playing it if done right. By what Ed Boon said, Im assuming we will only see classic, popular MK characters. As long as Kitana is in the game Im good (or Li Mei).

I uploaded the youtube version incase anyone couldn't access the other one:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTsfCfeGb0k[/MEDIA]

NO FATALITIES!!! Im sorry but a Mortal Kombat game without fatalities is just retarded. Thats what a Mortal Kombat game is. I will maybe rent it at best. I was so hoping for a new Mortal Kombat game.

im sooo fukkin pumped for this.. i love alternate universe type of storylines...

and mk rules! if this is was sf vs dc, everyone on here would jump for joy with a hard on

it would of been cool though if they would of gone back to 2d for this "crossover" game

bread's done
Back