2nd CAG SSBB Tournament!!! - Currently: FINAL MATCH - JMG!!! vs Peachachu

JoeB1233

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
08a15ba5b8d0fd847bea62059c23421938e3dc2.png

Welcome to the 2nd CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament thread!

Hey everyone! So, here we are at the beginning of a new tournament for all Brawl-enthusiast CAGs. This time around, we're ditching the 1v1 model, and opting for teams! evergoo and I are hosting the tournament this time around, so if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please direct them to either one of us. To get ready, you'll need to review a few things first.

Rules
  • Games are Team Battles - played two versus two.
  • Each player begins every round with three stock.
  • Sets consist of three rounds - the best of three wins the set.
  • Games are to be played with friendly fire on. This is to cut down on effective spam tactics.
  • All items are to be turned off, including the frequencies of the individual items themselves.
  • Stages are to be agreed upon by all four competitors. Choose how you'd like to arrange this!
  • Teammates cannot be swapped mid-set (read below for more details).
  • The person with the fastest connection hosts. To find out how you stack up, check www.speedtest.net. (Thanks to Drnick for showing me this site!)
  • Lag is going to show up! Please remember this fact, and learn to deal with it! If you believe playing at a different time may improve the playability, and if all players consent, reschedules are permitted.
Tournament Format
  • The tournament will consist solely of double-elimination bracket play.
  • Teams will have approximately one week to get matches done (this will change according to popular need).
  • The final match will be winner-take-all. This means that once the winner of the winner's bracket and the winner of the loser's bracket meet in the final round, ultimate victory will be determined by a single set!
  • All matches throughout the tournament will adhere to the rules given above.
Prizes
  • Members of the first place team will receive 2000 Wii points worth of software to divvy up among the members. Point distribution is at the team's discretion.
Team Formation
  • Teams consist of at least two, but no more than three CAGs.
  • When playing a match, two members (out of the possible three) from each team will face each other for the duration of the set.
  • If you know you're going to be busy this May, consider becoming a third member. This allows you greater flexibility during scheduling, with the option of skipping a round altogether!
  • Consider finding a method of communication (ie XBox Live, skype) to talk during matches.
Registered Teams
  • SHOW US YOUR MOVES (suko_32, Arikado, Mr. Beef); Calcium Fortified Apple Juice (zerowing, Fish); The Grey Storm (dastly75, Lbgrowl); Adiculo's Crusher (OnchkMnDs, Sword Rain); Blue Thunder (BlueLobstah, zitanix, wjhard); The Jiggly Walrus (lilboo, Gothic Walrus); Joe's Mad Goo!!! (evergoo, Mad D, JoeB1233); The Krusty Menace (Ikohn4ever, PittPizza); Team Win/Awesome (crystalklear64, cheapwiigamer); :whee: (dyeknom, Daisydog); Operation: Impending Doom (juvo, antlp89, StealthNinjaScyther); Duel Aura Stars (maigoyume, Renald, SoNiC1023); Elite King Hero (eliter1, hero101, UltimoRey); Attack of the PK ToonMarth & Watch BOB-OMB Extravaganza: Return of the Mushroom Fury! (JohnnyFoxDarko, seanr1221); Peachachu (Rig, FallMoon); DASboot (Strell, AmigoOne, Drnick)
Brawl Codes
  • Check here for all your Brawl code needs!
  • In the event your name is not on this list, do your best to add yourself by the time the tournament starts.

Most importantly, people, is HAVE FUN! Don't get too caught up in the tournament "dog-eat-dog" mindset, because you'll end up frustrated! Competition is fine, but keep it within check! Have a blast! :bouncy::D:applause:

For current news and instructions, look to the post below!

Round Eight -- FINALS, PT 2!!! THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!

Okay, guys, here we are! The final showdown between two very worthy teams! Joe's Mad Goo!!! has gone undefeated so far, even felling challenger Peachachu in an earlier tournament match. But can this success be repeated? ONLY TIME WILL TELL! Glory awaits one team, but for the other: only regret.

Only one match left in the tournament, guys. Again, the game numbers refer to the numbers used by the bracket that evergoo (the uber-pimp) so generously made. It's below the pairings, so check it out!

Round One (Games 1-8) Pairings:
Winner's Bracket
Team Win/Awesome (Red) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Blue)
The Jiggly Walrus (Red) vs. Duel Aura Stars (Blue)
Calcium Fortified Apple Juice (Red) vs. The Grey Storm (Blue)
Attack of the PK ... Fury (Red) vs. Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Green :lol:)

Adiculo's Crusher (Red) vs. Elite King Hero (Blue)
The Krusty Menace (Red) vs. Peachachu (Blue)
:whee:(Red) vs. Operation: Impending Doom (Blue)
DASboot (Red) vs. Blue Thunder (Blue)
Deadline: May 10th, 11:59 PM

Round Two (Games 9-16) Pairings:
Winner's Bracket
SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Red) vs. Duel Aura Stars (Blue)
Calcium Fortified Apple Juice (Red) vs. Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Green)
Elite King Hero (Red) vs. Peachachu (Blue)
:whee:(Red) vs. Blue Thunder (Blue)

Loser's Bracket
Team Win/Awesome (Red) vs. The Jiggly Walrus (Blue)
The Grey Storm (Red) vs. Attack of the PK ... Fury (Blue)
Adiculo's Crusher (Red) vs. The Krusty Menace (Blue)
Operation: Impending Doom (Red) vs. DASboot (Blue)
Deadline: May 17th, 11:59 PM

Round Three (Games 17-20) Pairings:

Loser's Bracket
The Jiggly Walrus (Red) vs. :whee:(Blue)
Elite King Hero (Red) vs. The Grey Storm (Blue)
The Krusty Menace (Red) vs. Calcium Fortified Apple Juice (Blue)
Duel Aura Stars (Red) vs. DASboot (Blue)
Deadline: May 24th, 11:59 PM

Round Four (Games 21-24)
Winner's Bracket

SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Red) vs. Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Green)
Peachachu (Red) vs. Blue Thunder (Blue)

Loser's Bracket
:whee:(Red) vs. The Grey Storm (Blue)
Calcium Fortified Apple Juice (Red) vs. Duel Aura Stars (Blue)
Deadline: May 31st, 11:59 PM

Round Five (Games 25-26) Pairings:
Loser's Bracket

:whee:(Red) vs. SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Blue)
Duel Aura Stars (Red) vs. Blue Thunder (Blue)
Deadline: June 7th, 11:59 PM

Round Six (Games 27-28) Pairings:
Winner's Bracket

Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Green) vs. Peachachu (Blue)

Loser's Bracket

SHOW US YOUR MOVES (Red) vs. Duel Aura Stars (Blue)
Deadline: June 14th, 11:59 PM

Round Seven (Game 29) Pairings:
Loser's Bracket

Peachachu (Red) vs. Duel Aura Stars (Blue)
Deadline: June 21st, 11:59 PM

Round Eight (Game 30) - THE FINAL MATCH!!!:
Joe's Mad Goo!!! (Green) vs. Peachachu (Blue)
Deadline: Whenever we feel like it

The Overall Bracket

Last edited by a moderator:
We're in.

Team Name: SHOW US YOUR MOVES
Members: Arikado, suko_32, Mr. Beef

Be afraid...

1206350632427.jpg

EDITed to include reigning champion Mr. Beef.

We're in.

Team name: Calcium Fortified Apple Juice
Members: zerowing, Fish (I don't think he signed up yet for CAG so I'll keep bugging him until he does)

Be afraid...

2474663923ee99b4fe1qb6.jpg

I'm definitely in.

I'll post all the team information and such when I get the chance. Pretty sure my partner is FallMoon.

I wants to plaaaaaaaaaaay. I will practice hard for this. I have a pink jogging suit and will run by the statue of liberty every day.

[quote name='dastly75']When is this tournament happening?[/quote]

Just as Beef did, I'll post the match-ups the day after the registration deadline. I'm not too sure how long I need to give people to play, yet, so I can't say more than this: it will extend into late May. ;)

[quote name='UltimoRey']Is this gonna be brakcet agian?[/quote]

Depending on how many registrants we have, the tournament format will change accordingly. Bracket play (both SE and DE) is reserved for higher numbers of competitors. I'll let you know how it is!

Oh, and to the few people who've mentioned that they're going to play, but forgot team name, sounded unsure about partner, etc. You've yet to be registered. Feel free to edit your post when you finalize these details.

[quote name='suko_32']Matchups are random right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. JoeB and I had a talk about this and we think random seeding is more beneficial for the CAG mass.

[quote name='evergoo']Yes. JoeB and I had a talk about this and we think random seeding is more beneficial for the CAG mass.[/QUOTE]

That's good, because I agree with that also :)

Do both partners have to be registered CAGs? Can my roommate be my partner?

If not, anyone interested in forming a team? PM me!

[quote name='jello00']Do both partners have to be registered CAGs? Can my roommate be my partner?

If not, anyone interested in forming a team? PM me![/quote]

Hmm. I'll talk to evergoo and get back to you about this. On one hand, it'd be an awesome situation for you. :) On the other hand, it's a CAG tourney. Any chance you could encourage him to sign up (ala zerowing)?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']lilboo and I are going to give this a shot together. With his mad Jigglypuff and Peach skills, we could rule you all! :)[/quote]

Team name, please! :D

I'll go ahead and take a spot for my team to be determined.

No Need for a Name (Temp)

juvo - Havik - 2148-8498-2445
Anybody?

Still looking for a partner to vanquish foes through vicious rhetoric ... oh yes, and also likely lose ... but my, what a glorious loss it will be.

Do you hear it?

A storm is coming.

Get ready to incur the wrath of...

bluethunder.png

Hear the roar from the shock waves of BlueLobstah. Feel the pain from the electricity of zitanix. Will you be prepared? Coming soon to a Wii near you.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']lilboo and I are going to give this a shot together. With his mad Jigglypuff and Peach skills, we could rule you all! :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JoeB1233']Team name, please! :D[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k
The Jiggly Walrus?

:lol:

[quote name='lilboo']:whistle2:k
The Jiggly Walrus?

:lol:[/quote]
I'm suprised your not going with Peach Puff, it has both characters and sounds dirty.
eedit: Although I guess JigglyWalrus does sound dirty too.

Ahem...

Have you been winning too many online Brawls lately? Are you tired of three-stocking the n00bs? Well then, fear not, for here comes...

7a935f20a1b6b5d8d82aff2d81c02c3ea1ccb5f.png

This fearsome blob will liberate you from all of your nasty, victorious tendencies (And he'll look good while doing so)! So, remember, if you need a loss, seek out Joe's Mad Goo!!!.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Ahem...

Have you been winning too many online Brawls lately? Are you tired of three-stocking the n00bs? Well then, fear not, for here comes...

ce42586a84ba1d19fb48d52acc6a664e7a51cb9.png

This fearsome blob will liberate you from all of your nasty, victorious tendencies (And he'll look good while doing so)! So, remember, if you need a loss, seek out Joe's Mad Goo!!!.
[/quote]
Dang threre goes the tourney.

[/QUOTE]

Oh shoot, we're screwed. This is like the trifecta of doom.

I dunno. It looks like Suko and Arikado need a third...and I do love being the third wheel. Are you guys up for it (Since I'm going to busy and all during May)?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I dunno. It looks like Suko and Arikado need a third...and I do love being the third wheel. Are you guys up for it (Since I'm going to busy and all during May)?[/QUOTE]

lol. We were just talking about you. Good things too. When kado is back on AIM I'll ask him. You have my approval though. I may be busy the first week of May.

[/quote]

There is no God!

[/quote]

This Goo sticks to your shoes and doesn't come off. :bomb: I want to enter but I'm missing a partner. I need to practice like 4 times a week to destroy some of the experience gap.

[quote name='hero101']This Goo sticks to your shoes and doesn't come off. :bomb: I want to enter but I'm missing a partner. I need to practice like 4 times a week to destroy some of the experience gap.[/QUOTE]

Practice? I can practice against you right now if you want. Anything to stop studying :p

As for a partner, just ask around and I'm sure someone will gladly accept.

[quote name='suko_32']Practice? I can practice against you right now if you want. Anything to stop studying :p

As for a partner, just ask around and I'm sure someone will gladly accept.[/quote]

I would but I still at work. :roll: I'm usually playing 8PM - 10:30 PM EST. I'm horrible at air juggling.

quote=suko_32;4284278]Hero, meet UltimoRey :)[/quote]

I see him. He is above this post.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!

The new, improved team SHOW US YOUR MOVES: Arikado, suko_32, Mr. Beef

Be even more afraid...

1206923442618.jpg

This message brought to you by:

1202691966790.jpg

[quote name='UltimoRey']Yeah, but Hero has asspeartions to win.[/quote]

No he doesn't. He just wants to get pass like 3 rounds. He hopes not to meet Goo in the first round. :roll:

[quote name='hero101']No he doesn't. He just wants to get pass like 3 rounds. He hopes not to meet Goo in the first round. :roll:[/quote]
we could make a team with Eliter and be "Hero King Elite" or "Elite King Hero" or something like that.

[quote name='UltimoRey']we could make a team with Eliter and be "Hero King Elite" or "Elite King Hero" or something like that.[/quote]

Sounds kool to me.

I just found this thread, I'd be interested in joining up, I've got no teammates though.

anyone wanna join up :)

EDIT: Strell, I saw you have no partner, want to team up to battle the forces of Evil?

bread's done
Back