CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Street Fighter IV (JPN)
* Arcana Heart II (JPN)
* Melty Blood: Actress Again (JPN)
* Blaz Blue (JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (JPN)
* King of Fighters XII (JPN)
* Virtua Fighter 5 R (JPN)
* Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Ausf Achse (JPN)
* Samurai Spirits Sen (JPN)
* Tekken 6 (USA)
* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JPN)
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (JPN)

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Tekken 6 (PS3) *
* Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
* Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
* Arcana Heart (PS2)
* Blaz Blue (PS3) *
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN)
* Battle Fantasia (PS3, 360 JPN)
* King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
* UFC 2K9 (USA)
* Mortal Kombat vs DC (USA)
* Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) *
* Samurai Showdown Collection (Wii, PS2)
* King of Fighters Orochi Saga (Wii, PS2)
* World Heroes Collection (PS2)
* SNK Arcade Classics (PS2, PSP)

* TENTATIVE

all because of...

BISON.jpg

If you want to be a little more thorough on that list, reRo, you should add the Sunsoft collection that's out on the 26th and includes Waku Waku 7 and Galaxy Fight.

Galaxy Fight is aids, tho.

Maybe on Saturday... coz that's Tekken night, and we were hoping to get some GGPO action going on Tekken night while we're waiting in the lobby.

Though I dunno if it's gonna happen this week due to a game that comes out in like... 7 minutes CST.

[quote name='DomLando']Nice thread title :)[/quote]

lolz, yes. Now this is a thread title I can get behind. ho ho ho.

Sengoku Basara in a couple more weeks...but first it be all MGS all de time...

If those fuckers at EBstop don't have my LE when I show up later today I'm blowing that sonufabitch up.

Street Fighter.

[quote name='depascal22']Is that Sunsoft collection going to be on the PS2?[/QUOTE]

That's correct. No plans for a PSP or other system release. Somehow, I doubt it'd come to the US given how niche Data East's games are.

[quote name='Halo05']If those fuckers at EBstop don't have my LE when I show up later today I'm blowing that sonufabitch up.

Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm totally going to cut up the people there if they sell my LE. Especially since I'm going to be there before they open.

Street Fighter Alpha is better.

I found out what was up with Apossum. I won't post it here because I shouldn't. It's not sinister or particularly interesting though. If you're curious though, pm me.

MGS4 will ease the crappy day I had work today.

Nice to finally have the LE in my hands.

MGS4----->Watch Kung-Fu Panda with my friends----->MGS4

No work until 3:30pm tomorrow. RAD!

[quote name='Chacrana']I know, I'm totally going to cut up the people there if they sell my LE. Especially since I'm going to be there before they open.

Street Fighter Alpha is better.[/quote]
better than street fighter

but not street fighter 2

SFIITHD in like two weeks...I am the worst shoto player here, so if you're on when I'm on then it will be a rape sim of sorts. :p

[quote name='kainzero']better than street fighter

but not street fighter 2[/QUOTE]

I dunno... I really didn't like SFII that much. I loved Alpha 2 (and 3 to a lesser extent) though. SFIII is king, tho.

My personal tastes for each series, and my favorite game in each series:

Super Street Fighter II TURBO
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

In that order... son!

Since I accidently started this...

3. Street Fighter III - 3rd Strike
2. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
1. Street Fighter Alpha 3

I wish I was better at 3S but it looks like ass on my TV and there are no arcades within, I dunno, 100 miles or so. Why oh why didn't they include progressive scan on at least the JP version?

this may not sound fighter related but it is... and it's MGS4 spoilers so don't read if you havfe yet to beat it...

That fight at the end with Liquid Ocelot was pretty sweet. Yes you only attack with one button (well, unless you count the dashing and the blocking), but damn. I haven't seen such convincing hits since a long ass time.

I will say I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Now to dig into the gameplay more instead for the story since I'm done.

what the?

1: SF II HF
distant 2: A2 / A3
even more distant 3: 3S

A2 is aiiight but... alpha counter + valle CC make the game kinda... blah
A3 is aiiight but... crouch cancel + VC metagame makes the kinda... blah
3S is not aiiight.

Man, SFII turbo is boorrriiing tho. It's like... slow. And there's none of the complexity that future games had (like the alpha counters and such... which I liked personally.)

Oh well, I want to play MGS4 anyway.

here's mine:

1. threeeez
2. hyper
3. alpha 3

i was gonna say that super turbo isn't in my top 3 because i suck at it, but i just realized that i suck at these games as well

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, SFII turbo is boorrriiing tho. It's like... slow. And there's none of the complexity that future games had (like the alpha counters and such... which I liked personally.)[/quote]
the thing with complexity is that it makes so much harder to really get into the game.

i'll be like, "hey! let's play a3!" and then i'll do the sakura VC and people are like wtf, this game sucks, i can't win and i don't want to learn how to VC.

a2, you'll have people wondering why they can't block CCs up close.

it's why i like HF, no excuses. no complex systems to manage but you gotta do the simple things right.

it's also why i can't play GG.

Fair enough, but in SFII turbo, wouldn't the cheating AI piss people off more, especially since it's hard to find people to play against nowadays?

[quote name='Chacrana']Fair enough, but in SFII turbo, wouldn't the cheating AI piss people off more, especially since it's hard to find people to play against nowadays?[/quote]
SF2 Turbo AI is nowhere near as hard as ST or HSF. I don't think I've ever beaten either of those.

I don't know anyone who plays A2 or A3 either, it's all 3S and I really really hate that game.

Oh god, don't get me started on ST AI on the EASIEST lvl... It would make certain people commit suicide on these boards.

Arcade ST.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this may not sound fighter related but it is... and it's MGS4 spoilers so don't read if you havfe yet to beat it...

That fight at the end with Liquid Ocelot was pretty sweet. Yes you only attack with one button (well, unless you count the dashing and the blocking), but damn. I haven't seen such convincing hits since a long ass time.

I will say I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Now to dig into the gameplay more instead for the story since I'm done.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I know, that shit was fuckin' BALLIN'.

[quote name='Chacrana']Dude, I know, that shit was fuckin' BALLIN'.[/QUOTE]

yeah, due to my damn Dragunov obsession I also noticed
Snake and Liquid fight in Sambo fighting style in the first round (ie. MGS1 round).

I was hoping for the return of the MGS1 rapid fire punch~punch~punch x infinity combo!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-0G4TVJeik[/media]

Seriously. It just woulda been flipping around and shit without any actual fighting happening. This was full of "fuck YOU" punches.

1Don't forget the face smashing on large heavy metal objects! Also, elbow to facing....oooh that shit gets me every time.

I dunno what they could add other than more MG Online stuff (which they're gonna do via downloads anyway). I just don't want to buy it again, tho, honestly.

I went to the Metreon in San Francisco with one of my friends yesterday hoping to meet Hideo Kojima. The line was pretty much down the entire street and around the block. After seeing that we passed.

Way too many people for only a 2 hour signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back