A tradition unlike any other: The OTT on CAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning OTT

About the game last night: I went to sleep when the Celts were up by 30+

Frosty: you don't need Halo night, so stay away from that

Wubb: when we gonna RSV2 it?

Also, fuck the last GTA4 'revenge' mission. fuck it right in its abused, stretched out arsehole

Its buggy as fuck, budge.

I was standing in this room where the roof caved in, and instead of everything just falling on the floor and burning up, the debris fell, then started swirling around in the room everywhere and kept knocking me over. Kinda like a poltergeist or somethin'.

The first person mode sucks ass, too. Good idea, but bad execution.

Hmm, I have a chance to focus test the Ghostbusters game over the summer. However, it is like a 3 hour drive away, and I won't get paid. On the other hand though, I can put this on any future resumes and I also think I would have fun doing it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: That really sucks TFN. Is that retail disc or did some beta version get leaked?

How can I have fun with that, wahoo? Orientation stinks. :|

If I'd known about it, I'd never have decided to go to college!

Woot, Pyro class improvements come out tomorrow in TF2.

Hopefully it'll be a worthwhile class now. I'm not impressed with the crit axe. But the rumor is they're changing the basics of the class abilities. An increase in power at least. Now a pyrop might be actualy able to kill someone, and not just a rush breaker or spy checker.

[quote name='Liquid 2']How can I have fun with that, wahoo? Orientation stinks. :|

If I'd known about it, I'd never have decided to go to college![/QUOTE]

Fine, I hope it's awful 'cause we all know it will be.

Better? :D

[quote name='manthing']
About the game last night: I went to sleep when the Celts were up by 30+

Wubb: when we gonna RSV2 it?

[/QUOTE]

So you went to sleep 5 minutes into the 1st quarter?

Also I've been playing RSV2 over the past couple days. I think I'm in the 3rd act or whatever they are called.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hmm, I have a chance to focus test the Ghostbusters game over the summer. However, it is like a 3 hour drive away, and I won't get paid. On the other hand though, I can put this on any future resumes and I also think I would have fun doing it. What do you guys think?
[/QUOTE]

Focus testing a game isn't much of a resume builder. I wouldn't really factor that in. I guess if you plan to make video games and you can impress them enough to make you an intern down the line it might be helpful. Video game companies take interns right?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Fine, I hope it's awful 'cause we all know it will be.

Better? :D[/QUOTE]

What a jerk! :lol:

And I'm off.

[quote name='wubb']
Focus testing a game isn't much of a resume builder. I wouldn't really factor that in. I guess if you plan to make video games and you can impress them enough to make you an intern down the line it might be helpful. Video game companies take interns right?[/quote]

Yeah, they do take interns. The main thing is money, if they paid even just little I would definately do it. But gas alone would probably cost $50 each time and that is just way too much.

I wonder if they'll make The Road into a movie? If they do I just :pray: they don't let Will Smith force his son into the cast as 'the boy'.

[quote name='manthing']#-o

Really budge?

Really?

All that time lugging 'towers around wearing a suit in the heat have fried your brain.[/quote]

I dunno, was he talking about Alone in the Dark or Ghostbusters or what? I don't know. He has to be more clear.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hmm, I have a chance to focus test the Ghostbusters game over the summer. However, it is like a 3 hour drive away, and I won't get paid. On the other hand though, I can put this on any future resumes and I also think I would have fun doing it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: That really sucks TFN. Is that retail disc or did some beta version get leaked?
[/quote]
[quote name='tiredfornow']I pre-ordered the region free PAL retail version from Play-Asia, budge. : )[/quote]

Loosen up that tie, son!

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Budge has to be more clear with his breat preferences.[/quote]

Breat preferences?

EDIT:

Did you really pre-order it TFN? That doesn't sound like you. So was that Beta version after all?

I thought they were focus testing Ghostbusters in the Dallas area.
I was gonna do it, but no money means I don't care that much (and I'm too busy anyway).

[quote name='dallow']I thought they were focus testing Ghostbusters in the Dallas area.
I was gonna do it, but no money means I don't care that much (and I'm too busy anyway).[/quote]

Yep, I was contemplating driving up to Dallas one day a week.

[quote name=':83:']But do they play well with others? I don't want to come home and see that Betta Wubb ate Red Tail Tuxedo Guppy Maklershed for lunch...[/QUOTE]

A fish is named after me! :whee:

[quote name='wubb']I wonder if they'll make The Road into a movie? If they do I just :pray: they don't let Will Smith force his son into the cast as 'the boy'.[/quote]

I think it's a safe bet they'll eventually make it into a movie. Great story combined with the overwhelming success of No Country For Old Men. As I said before, I just hope whoever makes it provides the same level of sobriety as NCFOM. I don't want to see the cannibal guys looking like Mad Max people with make-up and silly bullshit like that. Also, please no Will Smith let alone his son. I think we're safe in that department though. It would be too similar of a role to that other movie he was in.

[quote name='dallow']I thought they were focus testing Ghostbusters in the Dallas area.
I was gonna do it, but no money means I don't care that much (and I'm too busy anyway).[/quote]

Do you at least get cool, collectible swag you could potentially sell?

What the fuck is the point of doing focus testing if they don't give you ANYTHING for your time?

I would have done it if I knew Budge was coming up for it.

Actually, I would have liked to play a game that wasn't final.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Do you at least get cool, collectible swag you could potentially sell?

What the fuck is the point of doing focus testing if they don't give you ANYTHING for your time?[/quote]

Well they really didn't say much about it. They just that currently there is no monetary compensation. You do get to play through the entire game before release though. My guess is you would also get some swag of some sort.

EDIT: I still might be doing it Dallow. I don't know, that gasoline is the killer.

If they do it on a weekend, I can do it I suppose.
I'll give you some of my old fashioned Dallow lemonade, just like TFN.

:) @ Mak.
:) @ JFD.

[quote name='Maklershed']A fish is named after me! :whee:

I think it's a safe bet they'll eventually make it into a movie. Great story combined with the overwhelming success of No Country For Old Men. As I said before, I just hope whoever makes it provides the same level of sobriety as NCFOM. I don't want to see the cannibal guys looking like Mad Max people with make-up and silly bullshit like that. Also, please no Will Smith let alone his son. I think we're safe in that department though. It would be too similar of a role to that other movie he was in.[/QUOTE]

Will Smith could be good in the lead IMO, but his son would be a disaster. He didn't kill the one where Smith becomes a lawyer but that was because it was 98% Will Smith and the son barely had to do a thing. In The Road the boy does a hell of a lot and his emotions and lines have to be on or the story is going to suffer.

I'm about 2/3s in now and just loving some of the back and forth between Papa and the boy. Like the convo about the crows and other little things that I kind of pick up on after reading on
such as how he hands the gun to the boy whenever he goes ahead to check something out that might be a trap. So the boy can blow his brains out if he's going to be captured... :shock:

[quote name='Maklershed']A fish is named after me! :whee:

[/quote]

It's the OTT fish tank...hopefully these won't die (poor Bocifus, et al.). I just got a call from home, and test pilot Chinese Goldfish Dallow is still alive and doing well!

I have a plane ticket for July 3rd up to Dallas, dallow. I tried to get one for this weekend, but it was 100 bucks more expensive. :whistle2:|

You can take me to the zoo and maybe to see Sex and the City. :oops:!

• "Come Out And Play [Keep 'Em Separated]"
  • "Self Esteem"
  • "Gone Away"
  • "All I Want"
  • "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)"
  • "The Kids Aren't Alright
All coming to Rock Band someday?

Yes plz

I'm definately buying "All I Want" to try and recapture that DC Carzy Taxi magic

[quote name='manthing']
  • "Come Out And Play [Keep 'Em Separated]"
  • "Self Esteem"
  • "Gone Away"
  • "All I Want"
  • "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)"
  • "The Kids Aren't Alright
All coming to Rock Band someday?

Yes plz

I'm definately buying "All I Want" to try and recapture that DC Carzy Taxi magic[/quote]

I'd definately bite on Come out and Play, Self Esteem and Pretty Fly...Rock Band at this point NEEDS some Bruce Springsteen.

[quote name='Number83']It's the OTT fish tank...hopefully these won't die (poor Bocifus, et al.). I just got a call from home, and test pilot Chinese Goldfish Dallow is still alive and doing well![/quote]Goldfish Dallow won't let you down!

[quote name='tiredfornow']I have a plane ticket for July 3rd up to Dallas, dallow. I tried to get one for this weekend, but it was 100 bucks more expensive. :whistle2:|

You can take me to the zoo and maybe to see Sex and the City. :oops:![/quote]
Haha, no more bus?

I half dreamed about you last night.
I dreamed I went to some super zoo, where I was playing with these water creatures that looked almost human.

I thought to myself, man, the zoo TFN is going to in DFW is going to suck compared to this.

[quote name='dallow']If they do it on a weekend, I can do it I suppose.
I'll give you some of my old fashioned Dallow lemonade, just like TFN.

:) @ Mak.
:) @ JFD.[/quote]

No, only weekday times, unfortunately.

Why are you flying up to Dallas TFN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back