Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

There's been a few topics on the Radio Shack clearance but... wow, Galaxy for $30? I may have to look into that... after it drops a little more.

The radioshack website lists Mario Party 8 as well for 30 bucks...but it's in store only...no stores near me though :( I always seem to miss out on the Mario Wii deals as I've been trying to get MP8 and SMG for around $30 forever

I was in there yesterday, there were a handful of games on clearance (don't ask me what), but I definitely don't remember Galaxy for 30. Of course being where I am, someone most likely got it already. -_-

I bought it at Kmart earlier this afternoon for $50, before finding out about the Radio Shack deal. Then I checked online to make sure it was in stock, but when I got there, I was told that they were sold out.

Just snagged Phantom Hourglass. I was bummed at first 'cause I didn't see it, but there were a ton of game boxes just lying underneath the display. Thanks majorly, OP.

There are many Radio Shacks that don't carry games, right? Neither store near me seems to sell them, but maybe I don't know the secret codeword or something. I want a $10 Madden for Wii and now seems the time to get one.

I HATE the Shack (since I used to work at their NH District Office before I got laid off when they consolidated offices with another district in Mass and gave my job to someone else). They could be selling these games for a penny each and I wouldn't give them a single thought as far as giving them my business. No chance.

I think Radio Shack employees take personal offense if you walk into their stores and don't need their assistance.

The last time I was in a RS looking for clearance stuff, the employee greeted me as soon as I walked in the door, asking if he can help me with anything. I say "no thanks, just looking around" and I head towards the game accessories. While I'm looking thru the stuff, the guy is just staring at me from the across the counter. He's not doing work and stopping to look up at me every few moments....he's staring at me THE ENTIRE TIME I'M THERE and not taking his eyes off me for a second. He must have asked at least 2 or 3 more times if I needed any help before I got pissed off and left.

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.

[quote name='norkusa']I think Radio Shack employees take personal offense if you walk into their stores and don't need their assistance.

The last time I was in a RS looking for clearance stuff, the employee greeted me as soon as I walked in the door, asking if he can help me with anything. I say "no thanks, just looking around" and I head towards the game accessories. While I'm looking thru the stuff, the guy is just staring at me from the across the counter. He's not doing work and stopping to look up at me every few moments....he's staring at me THE ENTIRE TIME I'M THERE and not taking his eyes off me for a second. He must have asked at least 2 or 3 more times if I needed any help before I got pissed off and left.

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/QUOTE]

I've had the opposite happen. The clerks are usually busy helping people buy and activate their cell phones. The times that I've gone in there to buy the odd thing, or look for something, the clerks usually give me the cold shoulder.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i have no idea how RS is still in business[/quote]

i think the only reason is they are in the hard to get a mega store into areas, and jack up prices for the cheapest stuff (seriously, a phone line splitter for 12 bucks???, i know it was a ghetto rs, but still)...

For those of us who don't have a Radio Shack that carries video games around, I suggest price matching at Sears or Best Buy or Circuit City. I did it for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl at Sears and they did it, no questions asked. I'm gonna do it again for Galaxy. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Han1113']For those of us who don't have a Radio Shack that carries video games around, I suggest price matching at Sears or Best Buy or Circuit City. I did it for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl at Sears and they did it, no questions asked. I'm gonna do it again for Galaxy. Thanks OP![/quote]

I called my BB and they will price match radio shack, I am heading down soon.

[quote name='yukafls']I called my BB and they will price match radio shack, I am heading down soon.[/quote]

Are stores accepting a print-out of the webpage to match prices?

Cap'n_RDM;4551778 said:

It really depends on your location. I tried it at my Best Buy and they were jerks, making sure I wasn't trying to pull a fast one. They called only one RS location and seeing as how none of the RS within a 30 mile radius carry games, they didn't price match. Sears gave me no problem at all and even took 15% off the price just cause it's part of their policy.

Cap'n_RDM;4551778 said:

Best Buy generally does, but they may call the local store to confirm it is in stock.

Cap'n_RDM;4551778 said:

Yeah, they said they just need proof, like a receipt or a picture of the price tag off of a camera phone or they can look it up on the website.

[quote name='norkusa']I think Radio Shack employees take personal offense if you walk into their stores and don't need their assistance.

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me he was making sure you weren't shoplifting.

[quote name='mehunglo']Seems to me he was making sure you weren't shoplifting.[/QUOTE]

That's what I would have thought if this was the first time it happened, but it goes down just like this every time I'm at Radio Shack. The employees are way too obtrusive and act as if you won't be able to find anything without their help.

They must be trained to act that way because it has happened to me way too much to be a coincidence.

[quote name='norkusa']That's what I would have thought if this was the first time it happened, but it goes down just like this every time I'm at Radio Shack. The employees are way too obtrusive and act as if you won't be able to find anything without their help.

They must be trained to act that way because it has happened to me way too much to be a coincidence.[/quote]
the employees are usually REALLY bored...
they do the same at mine
least you dont have to have an awkward conversation with the person
Me:Got Pkmn Diamond?
RS:Aren;t you a little old to be playing Pokemon?
Me:*Knocks over Battery rack and throws Glitter*

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/quote]

This is why I shop online as much as possible (that, and the best prices are online). I can manage on my own, thanks.

[quote name='dxbrbnk']I saw Call of Duty 4 (regular version) for $40 which was a good price.[/quote]

While I was looking for Madden 08, I also saw Call of Duty 4 for $40.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']the employees are usually REALLY bored...
they do the same at mine
least you dont have to have an awkward conversation with the person
Me:Got Pkmn Diamond?
RS:Aren;t you a little old to be playing Pokemon?
Me:*Knocks over Battery rack and throws Glitter*[/quote]

Hahaha, nice.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i have no idea how RS is still in business[/QUOTE]
I 2nd that. I quit buying electronic supplies there once the whole "internet" thing kicked in. I think cell phones are the only thing that keep them alive.

I did snap up two copies of Project Gotham 4 for $20 awhile back.

Jesus, just leave me a lone and let me shop in peace. The exact same scenario happened to me at least 2 or 3 times I went into other Radio Shack stores. Makes me never want to go there again.[/quote]

QFT. This has been par for the course as long as I could remember with RadioShack. There used to be a time where it was the place to go to find just about anything you needed electronic-wise for a good price, but I can't stand it now. I breezed through the other day and they had older men working there and instantly asked if I needed something. I asked if they sold video games and he was straining to remember and he mentioned GC, PS2, Xbox. Ugh, well as I turned around to walk out I saw the videogame cards on a peg on a far wall and stopped to look. They didn't have what I wanted but defintely more than last-gen.

[quote name='norkusa']That's what I would have thought if this was the first time it happened, but it goes down just like this every time I'm at Radio Shack. The employees are way too obtrusive and act as if you won't be able to find anything without their help.

They must be trained to act that way because it has happened to me way too much to be a coincidence.[/quote]
I worked at the Shack in . . . Jesus Christ, it was 1983. 8-[ Anyway, it was strongly emphasized to us at that time: "We are NOT a self-service store!" Basically we were not supposed to let customers pick anything up on their own. I really never understood why.

Parenthetically, we were still doing manual inventory at that time. I pointed out that we were, in fact, selling all the stuff we needed to set up a computerized inventory system, but nobody there had the slightest idea how to do it.

We did enter all the info into the computer daily, though. Saved it to an 8" floppy! :applause:

I just sold my Madden 08 for Wii (the controls were too buggy for me).
According to the website, the RS across the street from me has the same game for PS2 in stock for $10. I think I'll grab it on my way home from work tonight.

[quote name='pob14']I worked at the Shack in . . . Jesus Christ, it was 1983. 8-[ Anyway, it was strongly emphasized to us at that time: "We are NOT a self-service store!" Basically we were not supposed to let customers pick anything up on their own. I really never understood why.

Parenthetically, we were still doing manual inventory at that time. I pointed out that we were, in fact, selling all the stuff we needed to set up a computerized inventory system, but nobody there had the slightest idea how to do it.

We did enter all the info into the computer daily, though. Saved it to an 8" floppy! :applause:[/quote]

EPIC POST!

Gotta' love the floppies.

[quote name='One4Deuce']http://www.theonion.com/content/news/even_ceo_cant_figure_out_how[/quote]

This was already posted on Page 2 of this thread but still a great article.

It's funny because everyone around here always recommends Radio Shack any time you need a cord or battery. We have Best Buy, Circuit City, and a dozen other electronic stores but everyone says "Go to Radio Shack." I think some people get lost in the big box stores and just want to go to a small store that feels familiar. Radio Shack did well to get in the hearts and minds of consumers and now people don't know where else to go. I also think Radio Shack caters to the older crowd that doesn't really know what to look for. They know they need a power cable for a HP 5000 printer but they don't know what the hell it looks like or where it would be in a store. Every other store got bigger and more intimidating while Radio Shack still looks like a small hardware store that older people used to go to on "Main Street".

damn,.. didnt realize the clearance prices were on their site.. and went into the RS near work.. they had Madden 08 for 360 but it was marked 20 on the shelf so i passed.

i think i want it for wii anyway.. i only have 1 360 controller since theres not a whole lot of same-room multiplayer games for it

[quote name='pob14']I worked at the Shack in . . . Jesus Christ, it was 1983. 8-[ Anyway, it was strongly emphasized to us at that time: "We are NOT a self-service store!" Basically we were not supposed to let customers pick anything up on their own. I really never understood why.

We did enter all the info into the computer daily, though. Saved it to an 8" floppy! :applause:[/quote]

My first job was working at a Radio Shack in 1995, and we were STILL doing inventory manually. I remember having to spend the whole night at the store with a clipboard counting everything and writing it down on a printout of our supposed inventory.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back