Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

[quote name='hobomatt']saw a Rock Band Special Edition(1st one) for the 360 for $99 today[/quote]
I picked one of these up myself about a week ago for $110; I think they still had a PS3 version for $99. No other clearance items of note at the Severance Center RS in Cleveland.

Is this YMMV or are prices in effect for all stores? I stopped by one during lunch and the tag for MGS4 was still ~$40. I would've had them check it but there was a line at the register and I needed to leave.

well after calling several stores yesterday about the new drops all of only a few had GT5P and it was $25. I just called one of them back today and it scanned at $10. I told her to hold that last copy for me :D.

Good heads up because i was about to call BS last night but the drops took effect today. Ill look for the other games but i really want GT5P because i don't have it.

So anything else to look for before I go besides MGS4, Ratchet, GT5P, NG2, and GoW PSP? Has anyone else been able to get the GH3 bundle for $20 or was that some kind of mistake?

I got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, $9.97.

Radio Shack, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

Deals confirmed in Orlando. I picked up MGS4, Rachet and Clank, NCAA 09, and Soul Calibur iV, 19.97 each. All PS3.

I've called several stores in the Twin Cities North Metro area. They all sound like they are 18 years old, and I swear each person I talked to sounded like they had no clue that they ever carried video games.

Update: Wow, one of the girls at one store called around for me, and tracked down MGS4 and R&C for me, and is having then sent to that store for me to pick up. I must say I am impressed. SO much better than driving to a dozen stores in HOPES to find something.

I think I got the last of copy of each game in the Twin Cities North Metro area according to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm about R&C and GT5. No MGS4 anywhere around the area for me but I also noticed at one of the stores the put the Microsoft wireless head set on clearence for 37.49 this might be a YMMV.

Managed to pick up Ratchet and Clank for 20 as well as PS3 Rock Band Bundle for 100 (last set too ^_^)

This was in Center City Philadelphia btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed....
MGS4, Rachet and Clank, NCAA 09, and Soul Calibur iV, 19.97 each. All PS3.
GT5P-9.99 and Wireless Headset 360-37.99.

I got MGS4, SC4, GT5P. great deal guys almost bought it at BB for 32.

When I got the GH3 bundle for $20 the clearence tag only said Guitar Hero 3 on it, but the bundle was on the shelf where the tag was placed, so I told the lady and she gave it to me, sorry for not mentioning that in the first place.

Whoa, sounds like universal deals going on.

I think MGS4 and the Rock Band bundle will suffice for me.

Imo, Ratchet ps3 isn't worth it (I have played through it).

Metal Gear for $20.... I still haven't started Twin Snakes and I'm not even sure if I have MGS2 but at that price I may just take the dive

[quote name='aw004g']Picked up MLB 08, GT5, and SC4 for $43 out the door.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k So, MLB 08 is also $10? I'll have to look for that and SC4.

On the Guitar Hero 3;

There is a problem with the sku in RS system. I went in today and the manager of the store (after much cursing and puffing) came back to the counter and had found the price for it on the "back room" lookup.

The deal is ONLY for the wired version of the game - which is much older. The one ringing up for 59.97 is the wireless Gibson version. The one for 19.97 is the white wired Xplorer guitar. You need to check the packaging front. The guys at RS had them both mixed on the same shelf but the UPC for the 19.97 dollar one rings up as OOS.

when they ring up the item, the code required for the POS system is 26-1115 - and bingo, 19.97 for your rockin' entertainment.

Good hunting guys, and thanks for all the contributions!

G

I got MGS4 for $20 but they didn't have any SCIV. :cry:

They had the right sticker for MGS4 this time around but some of the others still had the higher priced sticker.

Anyone know if there is a new price for GTA4 for PS3? I meant to ask while I was there, but forgot. I wonder if it is down to $19.97, too.

[quote name='regis100']Anyone know if there is a new price for GTA4 for PS3? I meant to ask while I was there, but forgot. I wonder if it is down to $19.97, too.[/QUOTE]

i think its 54.97 at least here it was

picked up a copy of Soul Calibur IV and Gran 4 for each... Might return both of them though seems my deal on the PS3 Feel though...

[quote name='mer71']Wireless 360 Headsets are $24.97 here. Also the Nyko wireless sensor bar for the Wii is $6.27.[/quote]

Anybody has experience with the sensor bar? How long does the battery last?

[quote name='gi60']Anybody has experience with the sensor bar? How long does the battery last?[/quote]
I've used the nyko sensor bar w/ rechargeable enegizer batteries (2600 mah I believe) and it works pretty well for several hours; I played sporadically across a month and it worked well (probably 15-20 hours) then when the battery starts to wear down, you'll know. The system is no where near responsive and it does become a hassle after a while - I've since hooked up my wired bar (got a 2nd wii and it had a much longer cord for the sensor bar than our 1st wii) and haven't missed the wireless bar since. We just keep it and use it when we go to the family and such.

Bottom line, for me, is that I would only get it if it is absolutely necessary as it does not offer any further functionality than the wired sensor bar. If you need to put the bar somewhere where the wire would be visible, or would like a 2nd sensor bar for travel, then definitely go for it otherwise you might be better off passing on it.

I was able to score $19.97 copies of the following:

Soul Calibur IV (360)
Metal Gear Solid IV (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank (PS3)

In addition to that I was able to use my last $10 Entertainment Guide Coupon to bring my pre-tax total down to 49.91 for all 3 - very stoked about that.

[quote name='slowdive21']So Is soul calibur 19.97 as well?[/quote]
It was at mine (clearly marked on the game case) and others have reported it as well - and on the website they are showing a price of $19.97 (at least for the 360) - they have a "locate item at a store near you" link that shows which stores have them in stock (not a real time tool, so take it with a grain of salt, but it has always been right when I've used it locally). If you're interested, I hope you have good luck in finding it.

Has Guitar Hero on tour for the DS dropped or is it still $29.97? I'm trying to track down Soul Calibur for the ps3 one local store that had it is out and the other one has it but is still $34.97. I wonder when it'll drop.

[quote name='autche']I've used the nyko sensor bar w/ rechargeable enegizer batteries (2600 mah I believe) and it works pretty well for several hours; I played sporadically across a month and it worked well (probably 15-20 hours) then when the battery starts to wear down, you'll know. The system is no where near responsive and it does become a hassle after a while - I've since hooked up my wired bar (got a 2nd wii and it had a much longer cord for the sensor bar than our 1st wii) and haven't missed the wireless bar since. We just keep it and use it when we go to the family and such.

Bottom line, for me, is that I would only get it if it is absolutely necessary as it does not offer any further functionality than the wired sensor bar. If you need to put the bar somewhere where the wire would be visible, or would like a 2nd sensor bar for travel, then definitely go for it otherwise you might be better off passing on it.[/quote]

Thanks for the review. I'll pass on this one.

GTA4 is still full price. I checked it at a store that had all the markdowns properly marked and it didn't scan any cheaper

I picked up Ratchet for 19.97. It was amusing how they tried to play off the clearance sale. "Normally this is $59.99 but for you, for this once in a life time deal, it will only be $19.97." They were out of NCAA even though they still had the display case up which made me a sad panda, but thanks OP cheapest I've seen Ratchet anywhere..

[quote name='autche']It was at mine (clearly marked on the game case) and others have reported it as well - and on the website they are showing a price of $19.97 (at least for the 360) - they have a "locate item at a store near you" link that shows which stores have them in stock (not a real time tool, so take it with a grain of salt, but it has always been right when I've used it locally). If you're interested, I hope you have good luck in finding it.[/quote]

thanks for the info...I forgot to add I am looking for the PS3 version!

If you guys have the 'entertainment book', it has a $10 off $40 coupon in it for radio shack. It states: "May not be combined with any other discount offer" so YMMV.

Got the last copy of Gran Turismo for $10 and also picked up Metal Gear Solid IV and Assassin's creed for PS3 which were $19.97 each. Thanks for creating this thread OP and thank you everyone for posting the game specific prices. They also had ps3 sixaxis controller clearanced for $27.97. Now off to playing metal gear.....

All the radioshacks around me (like 5) were out of MGS4, but all had GTA4 (which wasn't on clearance.) One had Ass Creed and two had Rachet.

[quote name='rishiraja'] They also had ps3 sixaxis controller clearanced for $27.97. Now off to playing metal gear.....[/quote]

Just got back with my copy of MGS4 after looking at 7 stores today the last was the charm. I just saw the Sixaxis for $14.97 the package was a little beat up but it had a yellow clearence sticker

Thanks op for the heads up. Got Ratchet and Clank(ps3) for 19.98 and The new soul caliber(xbox360) for 19.98 also saw mgs4 19.98 would have picked that up but already own it.

I just got a MGS4, and while I did not check, the store had on the shelf the empty Rachet and Clank and Assassins Creed boxes. Might go back to check that store again.
So what version of Guitar Hero is the clearanced one for PS3? with or without wired or wireless controller?
Anyone able to post the catalog #s (6 digits) for any of the games as well?

[quote name='Tempius']I picked up Metal Gear solid 4 for $20, Gran Turismo 5 prologue for $10, and Guitar Hero 3 bundle (360)for $20.[/quote]

Thanks a bunch Op!!!
You're the Best!!!!:applause::applause::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back