*Madden NFL 09 CAG Online League* (Game Comes Out 8/12)

HustlerKid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
945505_100776_front.jpg

I figure we can reserve spots and teams now. If you don't feel I'm classified to run it, someone else can. I just wanted to get it started.I know its a month away, but I figure we can just discuss the game and sport until it comes.

Leave your PSN and the team your choosing. *32 spots are available so hurry!*

Player Team PSN

colts_45x45.gif
.HustlerKid Indianapolis Colts ( GTABlueKid) EST

cowboys_45x45.gif
.starmask2k3 Dallas Cowboys
(mizerytheraven) EST

chiefs_45x45.gif
.dopehat
Kansas City Chiefs (glzwpk) CST

vikings_45x45.gif
Thomas96 Minnesota Vikings (Thomaticus)

steelers_45x45.gif
primetime Pittsburgh Steelers (primetime171) CST

packers_45x45.gif
BasketCase1080 Green Bay Packers (Killsbury) CST

patriots_45x45.gif
melokeith New England Patriots (cusemanKeith) EST

browns_45x45.gif
galvatron2k1 Cleveland Browns (galvatron2k1) EST

jets_45x45.gif
uchihabutter New York Jets (uchihabutter)

panthers_45x45.gif
screwkick
Carolina Panthers (TomStu)

chargers_45x45.gif
Furashu San Diego Chargers(Furashu) PST

ravens_45x45.gif
DeskLaser Baltimore Ravens (DeskLaser) EST

cardinals_45x45.gif
tdot3dahardstout Arizona Cardinals (tdot3dahardstout) EST

eagles_45x45.gif
The Notorious ROB
Philadelphia Eagles (TheNotoriousROB) EST

saints_45x45.gif
15.Dr. Strangepork New Orleans Saints (ChizelMonkee) CST

49ers_45x45.gif
Dark Kenpachi San Francisco 49ers (Kenpachiexodia) EST

titans_45x45.gif
17.m3gatr0nx Tennesse Titans (funkydb) EST

lions_45x45.gif
18.0x3g3n Detroit Lions (l1nd) CST

bears_45x45.gif
19.B1ggDogg Chicago Bears (B1ggDogg)

raiders_45x45.gif
20.ChrisLemieux Oakland Raiders (XUEIMEL) PST

bills_45x45.gif
21.woody_08 Buffalo Bills (bills_fan07) EST

rams_45x45.gif
22.lilwiggum St.Louis Rams (lilwiggum) CST

broncos_45x45.gif
23.monkdubilous Denver Broncos (monkdubilous) EST

giants_45x45.gif
24.SprintFinanceGuy New York Giants (SprintFinanceGuy)

dolphins_45x45.gif
FL32BOI
Miami Dolphins (Fl32boi)

jaguars_45x45.gif
26.js1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Ghost_Face_36) EST

redskins_45x45.gif
Bhay99 Washington Redskins (Bhay99)

buccaneers_45x45.gif
28.Plinko Tampa Bay Buccaneers (RedWingLion)

bengals_45x45.gif
samurai-Hon Cincinnati Bengals (samurai-hori)

seahawks_45x45.gif
SOiL Seattle Seahawks ( SOiL35) EST

Last edited by a moderator:
glzwpk / kansas city

btw question is this going to be a fantasy league? like is there going to be a draft? or are we going to start out with the default rosters?

primetime Pittsburgh primetime171

I didn't think you could fantasy draft online leagues, but if you can, I'd still rather play real life rosters.

[quote name='primetime']primetime Pittsburgh primetime171

I didn't think you could fantasy draft online leagues, but if you can, I'd still rather play real life rosters.[/QUOTE]

I believe that was one of the new features this year along with trading. But I may be wrong

That being said, we have support for up to 32 users, full player stats, player trades, a fantasy profile draft, news options and a myriad of other features.

IGN: Can we start our online league with a fantasy draft?

Ferwerda and Castorani: Yes, we created something this year called a profile draft. Essentially, on your machine, you'll pre-rank the entire list of NFL players and what round you'd like to draft them in. This is very similar to a fantasy football draft pre-rank system. Once your profile is set, the league will automatically run the draft and assign your players based on your preferences.

This is our first iteration of a draft, and we'll be looking to expand to a real-time experience in the future. However, this year, we decided it would be best to focus on the base experience and expand as we interact with our community and build features that everyone wants.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']God dammit I wanted the Vikings. Since I live in MN, I should be awarded them over the guy from Florida! He just wants to run with AP![/quote]

No, he probably just doesn't want to play with the dolphins :lol:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']God dammit I wanted the Vikings. Since I live in MN, I should be awarded them over the guy from Florida! He just wants to run with AP![/QUOTE]

Well according to the interview you can still be the Vikings

IGN: Is there any sort of handicapping involved? If we have a 32 team league someone has to be stuck playing as the Dolphins. Are they just screwed?

Ferwerda and Castorani: To avoid this we've included a setting called 'Unique Teams'. What this allows is the ability to have everyone play as any team they want. If you wanted to have thirty-two users control thirty-two versions of the Packers, with unique teams off, that would be allowed. However, with unique teams on, players are limited to teams that haven't been selected.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']God dammit I wanted the Vikings. Since I live in MN, I should be awarded them over the guy from Florida! He just wants to run with AP![/QUOTE]

that and I don't have much of a team to use :(

I would turn unique teams off, but then we would have 30 versions of the Pats(who im surprised no one has picked yet), besides why do it if it really isn't your team. But instead one comprised of different players.

On that note, I guess if enough people wanted it we could have a fantasy draft. I'm against it though....but trading would be nice.

BTW I will be sprucing this thread up as time goes by.;)

*Edit* VanillaGorilla I feel you man. But you never know a persons reason for picking a team. For example Im from MI but Tony Dungy was raised in my town, and hes a good friend to my family( I see him every summer)He even let me meet the team!

Continuing the Madden fantasy football tradition, EA Sports recently announced that fantasy.easports.com will again be fully functioning this year, with new website enhancements, a Live Draft Tracker, a new Live Score Tracker and added Xbox 360 functionality where you'll be able to import your fantasy sports team into Madden NFL 09. Details are light, but EA promises that you'll be able to take your fantasy team into any of Madden 09's gametypes including online versus, play now and franchise modes. Quite nifty. So, we have to ask, are you getting more impressed with this year's Madden offerings?
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...ootball-support-with-online-tools-madden-2009

Wonder if this will suck horribly. Is it worth a shot? Winning a $25 voucher is cool though.

was craccin i wanna b the cardinals from arizona lol psn:tdot3dahardstout ill b happy wen i see my name posted on that list.....add me az ur psn friend my dudes

[quote name='primetime']Demo comes Aug 1st http://www.pastapadre.com/2789/madden-09-demo-coming-august-1st

But...the 1st is a Friday. Hope we get in the 31st instead of the following week.[/QUOTE]

I believe we will get it the 31st because PSN doesn't ever update on a friday and I read somewhere that it will come the 31st. Maybe sportsgamer or something like that.

Btw quick question have they said if Collectors Edition will be playable with the regular versions? or does anyone know?

[quote name='dopehat']I believe we will get it the 31st because PSN doesn't ever update on a friday and I read somewhere that it will come the 31st. Maybe sportsgamer or something like that.

Btw quick question have they said if Collectors Edition will be playable with the regular versions? or does anyone know?[/quote]

Do you mean can people with the CE can play with people who have the regular version? If so, yes. The CE has the same Madden 09, just additional content. Didn't quite understand the question though.

man if some1 pick ur team 2 bad its only rite no disrespect......but no fantasy draft but tradin is good....n u culd have the computer play 4 the teams that no1 picked

This is going to be the first Madden I pick up since '00. The last football game before that was Quarterback Club 96 on SNES. I don't know what team I want. I'll take whatever is left.

[quote name='Furashu']the demo is friggen tease..[/QUOTE]

yah lol its only 2 weeks until it comes tho so not that long. Regular football starts Sunday :)

[quote name='Furashu']whats EST?

sign this guy up with the... 49ers jk[/quote]

Niners? Now that's just hateful.

EST means the same thing for me as for the half a dozen other folks who posted it.

Keith

I actually wanna sign up for this league and use the 49ers.
Sorry I am new to online leagues and I don't know the rules you guys have. But if you guys will have me I will use them if people are required to use one team and no fantasy draft or any of those things. I don't know the rules of this league could someone please inform me?

So if you guys add me.

Kenpachiexodia: 49ers EST

bread's done
Back