CAGcast #128: E3 Three-way

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-l=1]481[/img-l][preview]Shipwreck joins us for an E3 wrap up show covering Nintendo, Rock Band 2, Fallout 3, Midway, THQ, and Warner Bros. There's also a baby Wombat update, game shopping news, and so much more!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

[podcast]15[/podcast]
Download - 106 minutes, 42MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg][/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Pictures
[img-c=1]1249[/img-c]
[img-c=1]1248[/img-c]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just finished listening and i've gotta say, not one of my favorite CAGcasts. You should never ever mess with perfection and having another voice in the show just kind of made this episode sound weird to me. BTW I love CAG Foreplay and listen every week.

a_winner_is_you.jpg

Congrats, today you are a rich man.

Great show!!! I laughed quite a bit and became well informed about some b titles like TNA and DC Vs. Mortal Kombat.

Shipwreck making the Cagcasts grossest story? Cheapy being extremely obnoxious? Wombat being extremely serious? At first it seemed like you guys had switched personalities but it was only in the beggining.

Shipwreck was great like always and the trio works. Too bad Wombat didn't go to E3 since couldn't comment on most things especially after not being on last weeks show but things will be back to normal next week so it doesn't matter.

The reason Siren's split up for people that just can't make the commitment for the full $40 game, but could give it a shot for $15 and see if they want to play more.

Good show, though I look forward to the disgusting cat penis talk staying on CAG Foreplay with Shipwreck and the gross poop talk returning to the CAGcast when it's just Cheapy and Wombat again.

I was eating my breakfast while listening to the CAGcast and I just lost my appetite when you guys were comparing Mrs. Wombat giving birth to the elevator scene in The Shining...

Fun stuff as always. I usually like a little more Wombat in my Cagcast but Shipwreck mentioning JRPGs in the new releases was nice to hear.

Awesome, I listened to it after getting home late last night and it really helped me stay up for my morning shift.

I wonder who the new sponsor next week will be. I hope its some company who likes giving away lots of free shit.

I'm sitting down to listen to the show now, but I have one question first:

Cheapy, can you bring back the "pop up player" on the main page. It hasn't been around since CAGcast #124, but it still updates with the new shows. The pop up player is much more convenient when I'm trying to listen to the show at work and it's getting annoying scrolling back to the CAGcast #124 post to listen to the new shows.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Great show as usual guys. Shipwreck was a great addition to this week's show, minus the cat incident which almost tops Cheapy's story about his host friend from episode 33 for the title of "most disturbing story". I was pleased to hear how Shipwreck was "sticking it" to Nintendo at your appointment with them at E3. I was glad to hear his honest opinion of the trainwreck which was their press conference this year. Cheapy, be more assertive with them next time and explain why they are losing their true, core fanbase and why NOBODY who was attending their press-conference had a smile on their face, except for the execs on stage who are sure to have piles of money rolling in when they start selling third-rate projects such as Wii Music. If Shipwreck can influence development on Lego products, then you should be giving your own constructive criticism towards Nintendo, I mean, you're THE CheapyD aren't you?;)

Congratulations Wombat.

i love this CAGcast it seem everyone was kicking each other ass!

Cheapy seem sad about not going to the Rock Band Concert, Jealous Much?

i like the part at the end when Wombat was getting yell at by his wife. i can see her now "PLAY TIME IS OVER!" lmao

Shipwreck MK vs DC better be the BEST GAME EVER because you're making it sound awesome

i don't remember hearing that Mrs Wombat is Colombian. I've listened to all the cagcast and sometimes each episode more than once. just wanted to give Cheapy some moral support.

Cheapy, I think this is the first time Wombat has ever mentioned on the show that his wife is Columbian.

Great show! I liked the cat penis, information about Project Eden, and Shipwreck wishing that Cheapy had masturbated during one of the game previews.

Stephen's from NY so 1) he probably thought you were being a smartass and 2) a NY'er needs his pizza.

He usually sounds like a nice guy in the 1UP Yours podcast so I dunno...

Wombat that is a great picture of you, Sabrina-Eden, dog and superman top. Very nice. Also Cheapy I can't believe that you got her name wrong. Wombat didn't forget Tai's name (granted that it's short and easy but still) lol. Anyway great show this week guys, seems like Wombat felt a bit left out though :(

[quote name='Hostile']Stephen's from NY so 1) he probably thought you were being a smartass and 2) a NY'er needs his pizza.

He usually sounds like a nice guy in the 1UP Yours podcast so I dunno...[/quote]Dude, you're from Brooklyn. You should know that no NY'er is looking for California pizza....ever.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Another :lol: for Ship eating the whole soybean pods.[/quote]

I laughed out loud. :whistle2:#

[quote name='wdwpsu']What was the intro music for this week?[/quote]

The fart of a unicorn.

Oh, and I very much enjoyed Shipwreck's analysis of past, newly-released and upcoming titles. I really do need to listen to more Foreplay.

It's a shame there isn't any video of Cheapy/Shipwreck Wii fencing. It sounds like it was hilarious. :lol:

Getting in between Stephen Totilo and his pizza is like getting in between Tai's foot and Cheapy's face, no matter what you do they're both (Stephen Totilo and Tai) baby's in the end. (sorry couldn't think of anything better)

(Fan of both Stephen Totilo and CheapyD :) & sorry for all these explaining Brackets, last one i promise ;))

After listening to the show, particularly the discussion of E3 attendee attitudes, I have to chime in for CAGs:

First, I spent about an two hours at the Sony show with Cheapy and Ship. Both are great guys, and really easy to talk to. While Cheapy claims people haven't heard of Cheapassgamer, don't believe it- many people see him and whisper, "hey, isn't that CheapyD?" He is universally loved, and quite humble.

A majority of the media is great. I spoke to Jeff Greene, Jeremy Parish, Shane and Garnett, and all are amazingly bright, funny, people. On the other hand, some of the bloggers seemed to have a chip on their shoulders. I had the displeasure to stand next to Brain Crescente in the Nintendo line for 45 minutes. Not only did he pull the, "You don't know who I am" cliche to the Kodak Theater security guard, he is completely insipid and uninteresting. Listening to his cell phone conversation was the E3 equivalent of waterboarding.

Brain Ashcraft was no better- he stepped on my toe several times, and didn't say excuse me or sorry. He didn't even make eye contact behind his designer sunglasses. Whatever happened to common fucking courtesy?

I sat next to some of Destructiod people during Nintendo's conference, and found them to be somewhat annoying. While I don't think I'm homophobic, some (not all) of their posse's constant Japanese schoolgirl clapping, and giggling just got on my nerves. It's almost like a few of them were trying to be overly effeminate. On the postitive site; some of them can kick out a blog post like nobodies business- They snap a pic, upload, write text, and post during the show. Amazing.

On the development scene, I got to talk to Ted Price and Cliffy B. Both were really cool and down to earth. Exec-wise, Peter Moore is quite the charmer.

The biggest surprise was I expected N'Gai to be pretentious and cold; I was completely wrong- he was a great guy, and very intelligent.

On the CAGcast this week, Cheapy was like the benevolent, senile, grandfather, forgetting the names of many games, and people. I got quite a laugh out of that; Anyone think he was putting us on?

I just want to say that for all of his success, I'm glad Cheapy's still humble. I know some people who let fame get to their heads. Of course, they have hair, so the fame just sticks to it like Silly Putty in pubes... But yes, stay bald, Cheapy; stay bald.

Awesome show! It should be the 3 of you every time. Drop ForePlay and Mrs. Shipwreck (who comes across like a know it all and in my opinion is not very nice to Shipwreck) and have Shipwreck on each time to talk about new releases and whatever else during the rest of the show. Having Shipwreck on this time made Wombat more tolerable. Last time Wombat seemed territorial when Shipwreck was on, not this time. Keep this format! Keep the 3 together. However if Wombat wants to move on someday then so be it.

Maybe next year, you should post what time you actually get to the E3 coverage so those of us who have already been present for the joy of childbirth could skip to it. ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']Dude, you're from Brooklyn. You should know that no NY'er is looking for California pizza....ever.[/quote]

We have NY Giant Pizza out here and its good!

Good Cagcast though, I figured it would get a little crowded but you guys aren't total dicks about cutting each other off, so that was nice.

Wombat, you played a LIVE Arcade demo? I though your system red ringed? That turnaround was pretty quick.

Good show, guys! Congrats again to the entire Wombat family. :) I almost spit out my wine when Wombat said, "Time for what?"

Steven Toledo? Wow. I only know of Totilo through the Joystiq podcast, but "Toledo" was a pretty funny obliteration of his name. :D

I think the upshot of this show is that E3 was fairly disappointing. As others have said, I think that Nintendo gets the "Stinker of the Show" award. Microsoft probably edged out Sony, but really, both were fairly uninspiring. Oh well. I guess with all the other press events that go on through the year, E3 doesn't HAVE to be what it used to be.

Thanks for the show!

/tk

Kidna funny how Cheapy said he was an old school Wrestling fan, but he doesnt know who Sting, Scott Steiner or Kevin Nash are...

bread's done
Back