OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Welcome to the new new clan thread! The old ones were getting a bit huge, so please start frequenting this one instead...

Clan practice schedule:

TUESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL PLAY LARGE CUSTOM GAMES WITH WHOMEVER SHOWS UP, SPLITTING THE ROOMS UP WHEN THEY GET FULL. STAFF MEMBERS WILL LEAD, AND WE WILL PERIODICALLY HAVE NEWBIE TOURS ON THE SIDE.

WEDNESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL BREAK INTO GROUPS OF EIGHT OR FOUR AND PLAY MATCHMADE GAMES (TEAM SLAYER AND BTB). EACH GROUP WILL BE LEAD BY A STAFF MEMBER.

THURSDAYS: 9:30 P.M. CENTRAL - THE 'ELITE' CLAN MEMBERS (WHOM LEDHED, ZEWONE AND MYSELF DEEM APPROPRIATE) WILL PLAY CLAN MATCHES. THE REST OF THE CLAN IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN CUSTOM OR MATCHMADE GAMES.

Mookyjooky/NarnianCrusader has written some great Halo tips, please go and read them.

Link to clan website at Bungie.net

If you would like to join the clan, please post your gamertag in this thread, and we will add you to the list. Please PM myself, LedheD 01 or Zewone with any questions.

clan members:

rocksolidaudio - rocksolidaudio
Scorch - ScorchX
bluenatas09 - Bluenatas
ChrisXE - ChrisStrife
LoganDX - LoganDX
Ledhed - LedheD 01
gigglepoo - Noble Penguin
gomer1andonly - GomerV1
SteveMcQ - MSBphilin
Jonny Polychronopoulos - Strateegery
kaji7p56 - kajiCAG
Ugamer_X - UGamer X
oxidative - shesmovedon
serro821 - Dante Devil
CheapyD - CheapyD
zewone - zewone
Wshakspear - SpottedNigel
Santurio - Ramo Z
onetrackmind - LawrenceArms
jughead - Jugsta
danh920 - danh920
cgh312 - Caesar312
SeeYa - The Ender
prisonerac - ErrorlessChain
cronnos - Cronnos
rywateska - ryan w
H-Town Info - aznplaya4lif3
sying - My Bee Itches
studio - wombat5277
polybren - Brendan
skinsfan56la - Redskinsfan56
organicow - mediahostage
Ragingbull2380 - DARTH REVAN83
KingDox - Kingdox
cag1000 - NJguyskhL
ZeroSupporT - ZeroSupporT
Othergods - Othergods
rig - rig85
Daz9402 - Transformah
twanky - RameN NoodleS 1
asuitor - Chaos Rules
Jad3d - Segetlu
Duo_Maxwell - JMax71382
greendj27 - greendj27
redline - RedlineJunkie
bankson - Bankson
JimmieMac - JimmieMac
docvinh - soul vengeance
goergegavin - Captain Evil
greendc27 - dgreen
pimpinc333 - Pimpinc333
goosedude - goosedude
AzN_BaLLeR - xDiStUrBeD AzNx
Elrod - DCriminal
zzl365 - three star king
JcR0 - JcR0
xenoman80 - xenoman80
-BigC- - MrMajicJeff
Mookyjooky - NarnianCrusader
gaelan - gaelan
Gauss - Acidflames
murcielago77 - Murcielago77
Arikado - Arikado
shrike4242 - shrike4242
poormojo - Poormojo
Azul_KoolAid - Soulja874
the_gloaming - Slappye
Johnny Postman - Johnny Postman
AGuth - RGuth
joey12169 - eag1425
ajh2298 - ajh2298
Crymson - Crymson Echo
Phazing Zero - Olrox Prime
Trakan - Trakan
-Never4ever- - Never4ever
humidore - humidore
Renegade_Zero - RedVsBlue9
Brad906 - Master91Chief
craven_fiend - craven fiend
doctorfaustus - bookofnerds
D4rkN1ght - D4rkN1ght
SAGExSDX - SAGExSDX
Morpheus - Gai Daigoshi
swetooth9 - ChrisPydonut
joevan07 - jv1127
Rubberlegs - Drunk n Mantis
StealthySeal - JakeT81588
jlarlee - jlarlee
Daywalker - Deadmeister
inosuk - Inosuk
buster90 - jagman99

Also: I've created a group for us on Bungie.net that is linked to our clan, which is where the majority of clan activity and info will be in future.

SO EVERYONE PLEASE GO JOIN THE GROUP!

whooo new topic!

Anyways, this one will be going down the drain fast, considering the other one only survived for 2 weeks :shock:

Also Craven Fiend, you should play more matchmaking on your own in team slayer and team skirmish alone before playing matchmaking stuff with the higher ranked people, because you should practice with people at your rank until you get better. See thats what matchmaking does, it helps you improve slowly while learning the maps. See when you start jumping into games with someone with a rank on BTB like zewone at an 11 or so and you dont even know the maps yet, thats not a good idea. So practice multiple things.

Ill be on later at around 4pm PT maybe and of course at practice.

[quote name='pimpinc333']What time is practice??? Is practice what we do every night or is it different? But anyways i'll be on tonight at like 8:30.[/quote]

read the OP

[quote name='pimpinc333']What time is practice??? Is practice what we do every night or is it different? But anyways i'll be on tonight at like 8:30.[/quote]

Right here:
[quote name='rocksolidaudio']Clan practice is twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights at 9:30p.m. central time. Please do your best to make at least one of them.[/quote]

i posted that i'd like to be in the clan in the last thread, but i guess you missed it...my gamertag is: ChrisPydonut

[quote name='murcielago77']whooo new topic!

Anyways, this one will be going down the drain fast, considering the other one only survived for 2 weeks :shock:

Also Craven Fiend, you should play more matchmaking on your own in team slayer and team skirmish alone before playing matchmaking stuff with the higher ranked people, because you should practice with people at your rank until you get better. See thats what matchmaking does, it helps you improve slowly while learning the maps. See when you start jumping into games with someone with a rank on BTB like zewone at an 11 or so and you dont even know the maps yet, thats not a good idea. So practice multiple things.

Ill be on later at around 4pm PT maybe and of course at practice.[/quote]

thats exactly what i've been doing when not playing with other clan members. thats why i am not a level one on everything. but i will be doing that tonight when i get on. i adjusted some of my settings, so that should help too. but yeah, i am still learning the curves, so be gentle with me. (sarcasm). i'll get better in time, shit last night was my 3rd night, so yeah.

[quote name='murcielago77']ok Rock, Phazing Zero/Caleien is now Olrox Prime, i sent him an invite already and i took caleien off the clan.[/quote]

Yeah, I cancelled the Calelien account today. Olrox Prime is my little brother's new tag, so Calelien is no more. There goes all my wins in CvS2, SvC, and GGXX#R. :( Oh well.

Anyway, practice is doubtful for me tonight. I'm going to another LAN party. Hopefully I can sneak on for a few rounds with you guys, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

You are getting 2 copies of Halo 2 or did I just read this wrong. Or did you mean a Xbox with Halo 2 for your B day.

[quote name='pimpinc333'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

You are getting 2 copies of Halo 2 or did I just read this wrong. Or did you mean a Xbox with Halo 2 for your B day.[/quote]

I've heard him mention it before, he is going to get an Xbox and Halo 2.

When I login under my account it doesn't show the clan. Can someone send me an invite or whatever it is that's needed for the clan? Thanks. I'll be on all of tonight. Names "Gai Daigoshi"

-Morpheus

well guys.... i think im gonna re-join this clan now... the other one i was in seems not to have any members on anymore

[quote name='StealthySeal']well guys.... i think im gonna re-join this clan now... the other one i was in seems not to have any members on anymore[/quote]Hold up Seal. Things are changing tonight with the DCR clan. You guys are getting me plus 4 other guys that play alot and we're all pretty good now. Leave if you want to, but you'd make a waffle happy if you stayed. :D Go read the clan thread here: http://dreamcastersrealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=270&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and hopefully you will stay.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

Well on Jan. 3rd I'm getting a new Halo 2 so I can sell you one on the cheap if you need a copy.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

Well on Jan. 3rd I'm getting a new Halo 2 so I can sell you one on the cheap if you need a copy.[/quote]:lol: You're still going to get it from the Microsoft retail site? Why not get something else?

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

Well on Jan. 3rd I'm getting a new Halo 2 so I can sell you one on the cheap if you need a copy.[/quote]:lol: You're still going to get it from the Microsoft retail site? Why not get something else?[/quote]

I have plenty of points. I would rather help a CAG than purchase some crappy MS 1st party game ( Blinx). The only thing I'm waiting for is Mechassault 2.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

Well on Jan. 3rd I'm getting a new Halo 2 so I can sell you one on the cheap if you need a copy.[/quote]

what are you getting another one for?

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

Well on Jan. 3rd I'm getting a new Halo 2 so I can sell you one on the cheap if you need a copy.[/quote]

what are you getting another one for?[/quote]

To trade in or sell for a profit. I can probably get $35 at GR and it would cost me $9.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']I shooooould be getting Halo 2 for my b-day, January 9th, with Halo 2. So wish me luck! And how long does practice usually last?[/quote]

what are you getting another one for?[/quote]

To trade in or sell for a profit. I can probably get $35 at GR and it would cost me $9.[/quote]

oh ok, makes a lot of sense now.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='StealthySeal']well guys.... i think im gonna re-join this clan now... the other one i was in seems not to have any members on anymore[/quote]Hold up Seal. Things are changing tonight with the DCR clan. You guys are getting me plus 4 other guys that play alot and we're all pretty good now. Leave if you want to, but you'd make a waffle happy if you stayed. :D Go read the clan thread here: http://dreamcastersrealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=270&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and hopefully you will stay.[/quote]

Yea seal if I didn't jump ship you are not either

I might be online a little later than planned...this news coverage of the tsunami is something that you can only see once. I'm just about not in the mood to even play tonight because of it.

[quote name='Arikado'][quote name='murcielago77']ok Rock, Phazing Zero/Caleien is now Olrox Prime, i sent him an invite already and i took caleien off the clan.[/quote]

Yeah, I cancelled the Calelien account today. Olrox Prime is my little brother's new tag, so Calelien is no more. There goes all my wins in CvS2, SvC, and GGXX#R. :( Oh well.

Anyway, practice is doubtful for me tonight. I'm going to another LAN party. Hopefully I can sneak on for a few rounds with you guys, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Damn you for being in such demand, your royal sniperness. :D

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Arikado'][quote name='murcielago77']ok Rock, Phazing Zero/Caleien is now Olrox Prime, i sent him an invite already and i took caleien off the clan.[/quote]

Anyway, practice is doubtful for me tonight. I'm going to another LAN party. Hopefully I can sneak on for a few rounds with you guys, but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Damn you for being in such demand, your royal sniperness. :D[/quote]

hes not neccessarily "royal sniperness" UgamerX is a better sniper than he is, but Arikado can tear em up from close range, medium range, and long range

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='StealthySeal']well guys.... i think im gonna re-join this clan now... the other one i was in seems not to have any members on anymore[/quote]Hold up Seal. Things are changing tonight with the DCR clan. You guys are getting me plus 4 other guys that play alot and we're all pretty good now. Leave if you want to, but you'd make a waffle happy if you stayed. :D Go read the clan thread here: http://dreamcastersrealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=270&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and hopefully you will stay.[/quote]

Yea seal if I didn't jump ship you are not either[/quote] :lol: The DCR clan might finally pick up since we should have quite a few fantastic players. Maybe we can even take on the CAG clan in a custom game match.

What do you guys (CAG clan) think? Maybe in a week or so, we can set up a custom game (hosted by rock) and let everyone destroy us. :wink: It could be fun and it might be good for both clans to face eachother.

You know all of DCR wants join the dark side (CAG). Than jlarlee you can finally participate in some of our clan matches.

Also I wouldn't mind playing you guys in a clan match.

[quote name='zewone']You know all of DCR wants join the dark side (CAG). Than jlarlee you can finally participate in some of our clan matches.[/quote]We'll never join the dark side. Well, maybe next month. :wink:

[quote name='zewone']Also I wouldn't mind playing you guys in a clan match.[/quote]If we can get good enough to atleast score 1 flag in a CTF game against you guys or something like that, it would be great. :)

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Arikado'][quote name='murcielago77']ok Rock, Phazing Zero/Caleien is now Olrox Prime, i sent him an invite already and i took caleien off the clan.[/quote]

Damn you for being in such demand, your royal sniperness. :D[/quote]

hes not neccessarily "royal sniperness" UgamerX is a better sniper than he is, but Arikado can tear em up from close range, medium range, and long range[/quote]

UGamerX is also his "royal sniperness", so don't think I was diminishing his ability in comparison. Arikado also is "he who ends the game with shooting Shrike". :lol:

[quote name='zewone']You know all of DCR wants join the dark side (CAG). Than jlarlee you can finally participate in some of our clan matches.

Also I wouldn't mind playing you guys in a clan match.[/quote]

Question is, was it the dark before or after I joined?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='zewone']You know all of DCR wants join the dark side (CAG). Than jlarlee you can finally participate in some of our clan matches.

Question is, was it the dark before or after I joined?[/quote]

It was once I became staff. :p

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='zewone']You know all of DCR wants join the dark side (CAG). Than jlarlee you can finally participate in some of our clan matches.

Question is, was it the dark before or after I joined?[/quote]

It was once I became staff. :p[/quote]

Well, that would explan quite a bit, now wouldn't it? :rofl:

Which reminds me, did GR2 show up today? USPS seems to think so.

wassap~ it's ku that im in that list on the front page but.... i didn't get a clan invite =( also didn't get approved to join the group. anyways ill probably be playing tonight.

[quote name='shrike4242']Which reminds me, did GR2 show up today? USPS seems to think so.[/quote]

:shock: No! :shock: I hope the post office didn't screw up.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='shrike4242']Which reminds me, did GR2 show up today? USPS seems to think so.[/quote]

:shock: No! :shock: I hope the post office didn't screw up.[/quote]

Damn it. I tracked it earlier today and they said they delivered it. I just tracked it now, and it says they didn't deliver it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I am mildy unamused by this.

[quote name='zewone']You know all of DCR wants join the dark side (CAG). Than jlarlee you can finally participate in some of our clan matches.

In all honesty I have been very tempted, DCR has played like a total of five minor clan matches. I'm loyal to a fault though and figured i would stick it out for a bit longer. Although if you guys give me a no-trade clause and a fifth year on the contract i may rethink the situation :p

Tonite was some sort of karmic balancing after last night's amazing winning streak. Even with our best players together, we couldn't get anything done. I've never seen us lose so many objective games. Betrayals occurred during every game, the worst of which involved me killing Jimmie, Murc, and myself with a rocket. Poor Zewone's connection dropped almost every game. Even when we were inches away from winning, it simply wouldn't happen. Everyone's voice was choppy and unintelligible at points. I'm completely ashamed of my performance tonite. I was so mad, I barely said a word the last game.

God did not want us to win. It's the only explanation. Hubris truly is the foil of man. Tonite taught me that, no matter how many times you win, you have to lose eventually.

Ledhed, if it was any consolation, us playing off the JV side of XBL, we didn't do a whole lot better.

Won a few, lost more than a few, though didn't quite have the mechanism working as a well-oiled machine.

Wasn't working as a Swiss watch, though wasn't as bad as a Swiss car.

Sometimes, you have the game, and other times, the game has you. It does happen.

Learn from it and move on to the next day.

Well, I hope the Junior Varsitys had fun, because Lord knows I wasn't by the end of the night. But hey, win some; lose *more than* some.

Even if I'm getting my teeth kicked in and losing horribly, I always have fun.

If that includes screaming at the TV because I'm being handed my ass, then so be it, I still have fun doing it.

No reason to do it unless you're having fun. Always need to have fun, otherwise, don't do it.

And yes, it was a mixed bag night, with me getting a bomb arm and plant, only 'cause I looked down and it hit the mark. Thanks to you, Mooky.

As well as some other oddball crap. All of it fun.

Hey guys, new to CAG, new to XBL (Its been a good Christmas)- I'm a level 8 in Team matches, not amazing, but I do alright. Looking to join up if you guys decide you want me to, if not, I understand and I'll just keep practicing.

TAG - jv1127 (soon to change after my 2 free months run out and I have to go to subscription)

[quote name='joevan07']TAG - jv1127 (soon to change after my 2 free months run out and I have to go to subscription)[/quote]

If you're going to subscription anyways, just do it before the card expires. Then you can keep the tag and your stats.

I had an idea maybe we could try one of these game nights. Since we can pull a room of 16 on most games nights, how about we stack the teams.

Insted of 8 vs 8, we have like 6 vs 10 or 7 vs 9. Only the smaller team is made up of all the "top teir" players.

Since it seems the best players are the ones who are/will represent CAG in the clan matches lets see how they do when they are down in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back