Who has the biggest video game collection?

moe11888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
After seeing TrustCompany1013's impressive game and movie collection, I wondered who has the biggest game or movie collection. I've already lost to TrustCompany1013, but is there someone that has more? Pics of you collections or a list would be nice to include. I can't put pics because I dont have a digital camera.

I only have 354 or something. Probably in the middle of the road as far as collections go. I've seen people on here with a 1000+ games.

I won't name any names but I think a friend of mine trumps you all. I don't think he's on these forums but he has I think at last count 10 Steel Battalions for LAN play. I know he has 11 Xboxes. And he has every Sega Saturn and Dreamcast title released in the US. Among other things. His basement looks like Defender's store. Actually I think he has a more impressive collection of modern consoles and games, but he doesn't have the quanity of classics (Intellivison, Atari, Colecovision, etc.) as Defender had.

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']I won't name any names but I think a friend of mine trumps you all. I don't think he's on these forums but he has I think at last count 10 Steel Battalions for LAN play. I know he has 11 Xboxes. And he has every Sega Saturn and Dreamcast title released in the US. Among other things. His basement looks like Defender's store. Actually I think he has a more impressive collection of modern consoles and games, but he doesn't have the quanity of classics (Intellivison, Atari, Colecovision, etc.) as Defender had.

Jeremy[/quote]

You better get him to sign up for CAG.
Sounds like I could retire in 1 year with this guy as a member ;)

One of my friends has pretty complete of the gaming console. I am not sure about his game collection.

Here is the picture:

DSCN0715.jpg

I know Trustcompnay1013 has a pretty massive collection. SneakyP's is also pretty big and so is JSweeney's (but he hasn't updated it in forever, or so he says). I have roughly 500 games but on my collection at ign hasn't been updated in a while since it just takes too freaking long. Just to get the first 150 up too me about 3 hours.

I don't know how much defender has. Never seen his collection ever posted.

Ryback is right though, I think cfosm (something like that) has the largest collection on the site.

[quote name='jrutz']I won't name any names but I think a friend of mine trumps you all. I don't think he's on these forums but he has I think at last count 10 Steel Battalions for LAN play. I know he has 11 Xboxes. And he has every Sega Saturn and Dreamcast title released in the US. Among other things. His basement looks like Defender's store. Actually I think he has a more impressive collection of modern consoles and games, but he doesn't have the quanity of classics (Intellivison, Atari, Colecovision, etc.) as Defender had.

Jeremy[/quote]

Holy shit. That guy isn't a collector--he's rich as hell!!!

I definitely don't have the most games, but when you consider that I'm 15 years old, my 524 games don't seem too shabby.

Secretvampire is correct!!!

Although I am collecting all of the GC games out.

Besides that, and the crazy deals I snag,..... my collection is pure quality.
Not too mention I keep my stuff PRISTINE!!!!

:)

The guy with the biggest collection goes by the handle DreamTR. Odds on, anyway - people with big collections are usually pretty quiet about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone with more. About 7,800 unique games, not counting protos, which he also has a great number of.

I have over 2,500 unique titles, as does my girlfriend, and the board that gamereviewgod and I frequent has a large handful of people with more than we do. The site he linked to also has our collection pics (although both sets are outdated to hell).

dave

I'm so glad that so many people have more games than I do, it somewhat justifies the size of my collection! I recently hit 250 PS2 games. :oops:

[quote name='Slipknot9762'][quote name='swetooth9']i have one of the smallest collections :([/quote]

so do I[/quote]

well..you have more than me :p

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Slipknot9762'][quote name='swetooth9']i have one of the smallest collections :([/quote]

so do I[/quote]

well..you have more than me :p[/quote]

Mines pretty low too, I'm kind of a nomad gamer, if I'm not currently playing something it hits ebay. Plus with wife and kids games fall real low on the fund distribution list

It makes me feel better in some way that my appx. 700 games is nowhere near the biggest. My fiance is happy about that fact, too. :)

I got a lot of my games through game companies through work. I'm amazed by people who straight-up buy all their games and have amassed huge collections. Sure beats spending money on cigarettes or drugs, though.

Eh, at the moment I'm only up to 260-someodd. I'm just too broke to continuously buy games. But you can bet your ass when I do get money, it goes towards a new game.

i dont really brag about my collection, because while they're are definitely a lot of AAA titles in it, there are also a lot of "why the hell would you even think about buying that?" titles....not to mention the fact that my collection doesn't consist of anything b4 ps1....i could give you a big long whiney story about how i used to have a lot of nes/genesis/super nintendo games and my mommy threw them away when i was little....but id rather save that for dr phil

[quote name='portnoyd']The guy with the biggest collection goes by the handle DreamTR. Odds on, anyway - people with big collections are usually pretty quiet about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone with more. About 7,800 unique games, not counting protos, which he also has a great number of.

I have over 2,500 unique titles, as does my girlfriend, and the board that gamereviewgod and I frequent has a large handful of people with more than we do. The site he linked to also has our collection pics (although both sets are outdated to hell).

dave[/quote]

what board?

I've got a pretty sizeable collection, including most post-VCS systems, although someone who has 7,800 games has me well beaten on that score for sure. I don't have pics but here are some numbers of games (not counting dupes):

NES - 738 games
SNES - 259
GameCube - 264
Genesis - 211

Some I'm kind of proud of...

TurboDuo - 56 games
Saturn - 44
Master System - 42
Game Gear - 55

[quote name='drone8888']http://my.ign.com/my/sb?action=viewUserGameList&ownedGames=y&objType=1

There is my humble collection.

I guess I should mention the sealed games as well,... but everyone here frowns at that.[/quote]

That links to my collection (which is quite nice, might I add). Your collection link should be something like users.ign.com/collection/your_user_name

It seems like a lot of people will have well over $10,000 in games all over their room, but a small little crappy 10 year old tv to play them on... It confuses me.

Well, I'm definitely not a collector. I just buy games because 1) of its quality and 2) because I like it. Maybe I'm not into games as most of you guys do, but I don't need a complete game library of a system. I mean common, I won't be playing games like 'The Barbies' and certainly don't need to have it in my library when it's gonna collect dust. I just think some games are just too crappy that it waste my time and money. Just my 2cents.

[quote name='hackedfreak']It seems like a lot of people will have well over $10,000 in games all over their room, but a small little crappy 10 year old tv to play them on... It confuses me.[/quote]

I've noticed this as well. Baffling.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='hackedfreak']It seems like a lot of people will have well over $10,000 in games all over their room, but a small little crappy 10 year old tv to play them on... It confuses me.[/quote]

I've noticed this as well. Baffling.[/quote]

yea i noticed too, i laugh sometimes

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='portnoyd']The guy with the biggest collection goes by the handle DreamTR. Odds on, anyway - people with big collections are usually pretty quiet about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone with more. About 7,800 unique games, not counting protos, which he also has a great number of.

dave[/quote]

what board?[/quote]
www.digitpress.com/forum I'm guessing

It's nice to see some other DPers chime in here :)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='hackedfreak']It seems like a lot of people will have well over $10,000 in games all over their room, but a small little crappy 10 year old tv to play them on... It confuses me.[/quote]

I've noticed this as well. Baffling.[/quote]

if that has anything to do with my collection (which im not sure), let me just say that the tv i have is a big step up from the 19 inch one that i had in my room b4 in the past....and while this tv is only 27 inches, its the biggest that i can fit into my current living arrangements (aka room instead of my future house)...its also only a year old and from wal mart...you can hate me now :roll:

if your counting games back to atari 2600 I would say i got around 800 or so games (400 of them on Nes alone) I picked up around 100 Free games at TRU the last 2 weeks : )

I have close to 450 games for many different systems, and I like to think they (almost all of them) are high quality games. I don't run out and buy $5 crappy games that often...

[quote name='Querjek'][quote name='maxflight'][quote name='portnoyd']The guy with the biggest collection goes by the handle DreamTR. Odds on, anyway - people with big collections are usually pretty quiet about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone with more. About 7,800 unique games, not counting protos, which he also has a great number of.

dave[/quote]

what board?[/quote]
www.digitpress.com/forum I'm guessing

It's nice to see some other DPers chime in here :)[/quote]

Yeah, Thats the first thought I had too.

I have about 1500 games. Enough to make the unsuspecting visitor show surprise but nothing remarkable among hardcore gamer types.

[quote name='LaJew27']I think both of my xbox games and my 3 ps2 games win. :D[/quote]

*laughs*

My 400 games collection seems teeny compared to everyone else on this board. :( Then again, I do have the most games amongst my circle of friends. :)

Until I joined this board, I used to think I was spending too much on games when I reached 12 for my PS2 and Xbox and I'd go and do an EB Games trade in to get new ones instead of paying cash. Now, I get games cheaper and I'm up to about 20 total, but I just don't have the time to play any more. What kind of school/jobs do you guys have to allow you to enjoy a collection like that?

There are only a few things you need for a huge game collection:

A job (nothing major)

A cheap source (flea markets, garage sales, pawn shops)

Luck

Time.

You won't have a 1,000 games overnight. It's taken me over 8 years to get where I'm at. I've pretty much just worked retail the entire time. I have a great source in a local shop that has plenty of games for less than a $1. I attend tons of sales and somethimes you just get lucky. Buying in lots is good too. Sell the doubles on E-bay, but stay away for buying. Shipping and other people get in the way!

As for time to play them (I don't rememeber who brought this up), not really. I've played everything I own, but only a few minutes max. There are plenty of games that get a standard rotation and popping in a truly awful game and sticking a friend with it is priceless. It's all the more for cataloging than playing. You just never know when a game will come up in a conversation. "hey, do you (game name)?" I'm always prepared!

Now, Portnoyd up there, his collection is awesome. His arcade room should be worshipped. It's gorgeous.

bread's done
Back