Iowa Deal Thread and Iowa Cheapass gamers

I'm from Nebraska but Iowa is a mile away from my house does that count? I don't know of any deals though but I would like to hear some.

I am from Iowa and I haven't seen anything laying around. The local Gamerz, every once in a while, have some good prices on old games. Other than that, I need to continue my search for a Steel Battalion game with controller.

I am from Iowa too. There isn't much in my area so I have to travel about 45 minutes to find all the good deals and flips.

I'm from Iowa, but I'm 2 hrs away from Des Moines and I'm basically in the middle of nowhere. I just look at the site for online deals, because the closest store that has games is 30 min away (Wal-Mart, YUCK)

Put me down, I'm "officially" in IL, but Davenport is a stone's throw away ('cross the river). I can say that the Targets in the Quad Cities do not follow any of the clearance shenanigans that go on in the clearance thread. Any other bits of advice?

I picked up Unreal Tournament III for 360 new for $10 at Walmart in Davenport, and they also had Fracture for 360 for same price as well.

I'm from Des Moines as well. The most deals around here are found at Target. Sometimes Toys R Us. Other than that its slim pickings. The gamers I went to was pretty run down.

I live in Cedar Rapids IA and I'll keep my eye out for deals. I know that one store in the area Video Games Etc. Usually has a $5 off coupon they send for joining the mailing list. The $5 off coupon I currently have is ending today so I will try and throw a copy of the email up next time I get one. Hope others around find some deals.

I live pretty close to Burlington so count me in on this thread. Never seem to find any good deals though, sometimes something cheap at Target but that's about it.

Here is a copy of the coupon that I received for Video Game Etc, they have locations in Cedar Rapids, IA City and I think Quad Cities...

picture.php

I found Madworld for $20 on clearance at the Target in Coralville. It was a few weeks ago but they had quite a few.

Hollywood Video 4.99 Sale

all games 29.99 and under are now 4.99. Deal Started last Thursday. Checked the Iowa City store today and they have absolutely nothing but Cedar Rapids got a shipment of games and has a few really good ones like RE5, Street Fighter 4 and Gears 2 for 5 bucks.

Dammit I went the day after but I didn't see a SFIV or Gears 2... Picked up a few games though. By the way, the IC one got a shipment a couple of days ago, so a few games there now.

Here is a copy of the coupon that I received for Video Game Etc by email good till the end of January, they have locations in Cedar Rapids, IA City and I think Quad Cities...

picture.php

I'm from the Iowa City area. I posted about the ps3/360 Tom Clancy's Endwar headset bundle at Best Buy. I usually get good deals at Targets. Just check the back endcaps from around the Electronics area. That's where the good/cheap games are hidden.

Here is a new copy of the coupon that I received for Video Game Etc, they have locations in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and I think Quad Cities...

Mailer%20Coupon%20-%203-24-10.jpg

Thought I'd necro this old thread to get us Iowa folks back talking about game deals. I'm in Ankeny but shop a lot in the rest of the Des Moines metro area (yeah, yeah, I hear the snickering already from the big city people that think "Des Moines" and "metro" don't belong in the same phrase).

Our Target stores in the area are a complete bust for clearance games and have been for months, so I'm a little jealous of the deals I see posted in that thread. I still check occasionally on mark-down days but it's really hit-or-miss.

GameStop stores are seemingly ubiquitous here but all feature the same tired inventory and revolving door staff.

There's a local independent game store called Gamers that has a couple locations (including one in Ankeny right across from GameStop) in our area that's really good about stocking retro consoles and games if that's your thing. They also give really good trade-in value for current gen stuff. Better yet, they actually post their trade-in values on their website. You can check it out here: http://gogamers.com/gogamerscom/index.php .

For those in Ankeny, you have GameStop, Gamers, Target and Best Buy all clustered in a small radius along SE Delaware Ave.

Half-Price Books (Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Omaha) are good to check out. Since it's a used bookstore it's of course pretty hit or miss, but when they hit they really hit. They stock retro stuff too.

I live in Council Bluffs, IA but I go to Game Vault in Omaha, NE. They seem to have the lowest used prices in town, and if they don't they price match it most times. I have gotten Modern Warfare 3 PS3 for $15 there on occasion. Gamers has gone a little crazy on their pricing as of late. They have a copy of Earthbound for $250 damaged cart only while Game Vault has one for $190 in perfect condition. You be the judge.

Gamers' prices are ridiculous. I don't even bother going in there anymore. Anything old they have you can usually just go home and find it on ebay for significantly cheaper. Video Games Etc is also usually a lot more reasonable.

Im in Omaha but am all over Iowa frequently seeing family and friends.

Game Vault in Omaha is decent for old stuff but you pay basic retail prices.. CD tradepost is semi-decent

[quote name='Cyrian']Gamers' prices are ridiculous. [/QUOTE]

I don't disagree, and that's part of the reason their trade-in values are a little higher than GameStop or Best Buy. It's a good place to trade games and then buy XBL Gold or MS Points cards, but they charge stinkin' sales tax on those (GS and BB don't).

From Council Bluffs, IA here.  I tend to check out Comic City here in Council Bluffs.  Avoid thelarger one as they don;t like to sell their products.  The smaller one is very good though.  When I go to Omaha I tend to check out Game Vault.  They have overstock sales where I have gotten Skyrim for $15 and MW3 for like $12 before.  They just got in a complete boxed Earthbound as well as they advertised that they bought in Stadium Events recently.  Very nice store.

Monmouth, IL here which is 30 minutes from Iowa. Originally from Ft. Madison. I am all over burlington, davenport, bettendorf, iowa city. 

If anyone here or anyone you know is interested in Magic The Gathering, Yeti Gaming, a TCG store in the STL area, is doing a Standard tournament on Saturday for an Alpha Mox Emerald that sells on the open market for just under $1000. $25 entry fee, standard constructed format with M14 legal.

WIN-A-MOX Tournament- Alpha Mox Emerald

Saturday July 20th .

Entry is $25.00 
Registration from 9:00 am to 10:30. 
Decklists will be required.

The prize pool will expand, but at this point, the top 4 prizes will be GUARANTEED....

1st - Alpha Mox Emerald
2nd - Sealed Box of Modern Masters
3rd - Sealed Box of Choice (Standard product, not MM)
4th - From the Vault Set

We will give the Mox Emerald Away NO MATTER the attendance at the event!!!

The above prizes are based upon 50 players. 
If the attendance increases above expectation....so will the prizes.

What about the non-winners. Every round we will be giving away a Fat Pack as a door prize.

And yes, we will have a judging staff.

I have a level 2 for my store now.....one that I have the utmost confidence and faith in his judging ability and his style...

As always, we have elite prices for packs and boxes (including M14), and we are always buying and selling cards.

Vince and the Crew and Yeti Gaming. Stepping up Magic Events in St. Louis in 2013

Pixels Video Games in Ames, IA is doing a sale on their Xbox 360 Systems. Buy a discounted system and get 20% off your used games.

Original Style (They don't sell ones without HDMI ports)

20GB - $99.95

60GB - $104.95

120GB - $134.95

Slim

4GB - $119.95

250GB - $179.95

320GB - $199.95

This even applies on limited edition consoles.

Hey guys Game Vault is doing a huge Black Friday sale and I pulled their info off of their facebook and made a list of their sale games as well on the main Regional Deal Thread.

I just moved to council bluffs/omaha area from dallas. Ill keep my eyes and ears open for deals and post accordingly.

If anyone is in the Decorah area, Mr. Groovy's in downtown is closing at the end of July. They are a used movie/music/game/electronics store. Right now their closing sale is 40% off last I checked. This includes all systems (they don't have next-gen tho) and games (and everything in the store). Their selection isn't that good, but they have quite a bit of older stuff and some harder to find stuff that usually go for $10 - $20.

The owner isn't knowledgeable about video games and uses Gamestop's used prices as his guide. If it's older than what Gamestop has, then he gets eBay or Amazon, but even then he misses a lot. Picked up Silent Hill, Wild Arms 1 & 2, Alundra, Breath of Fire IV, and Vagrant Story all for $2.99 each when he first opened 2-3 years ago. He had them with his normal copies and not behind the case with the rare stuff.

If anyone is interested in what rare stuff he has, I can always check. I do recall seeing X-Files for PS1 there since he first opened. Poor poor X-Files.

hey there iowa CAG's i will be leaking you the a flier for Gamerz once i get it i should have it about a week or so before the big day

I just picked up a second job at the Council Bluffs Target, I'll post if I find great clearance deals.

bread's done
Back