CAG Foreplay #54: Two Weeks in a Row

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]2[/img-l]CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of October 1st, 2008. After last week's onslaught of releases, it seems this week brings reprieve to our wallets and to the sore backs of the UPS men that had to deliver all those games.

Don't forget to enter our contest for Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins for the PSP courtesy of CAG Robjus.

Special thanks to GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for domain names for only $7.49 a year. Just enter code "GAMER1" when you check out to get your savings.

[podcast]28[/podcast]
Download - 45 minutes, 21MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAG_Foreplay[/digg][/preview]

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

Multi-Platform

[IMG-L=4772]2672[/IMG-L]Pipe Mania Dev. Razorworks Pub. Empire Interactive Systems: DS, PC MSRP: $19.99
(Deja Preview) Love those unlocking mini-games in BioShock, but don't want to be bothered with all that shooting and storyline? Well, that pipe dream is now a reality, as Pipe Mania flows from the freeware tubes of the internet and onto retail shelves. For those not familiar, you simply line up different pipe sections so that when water begins to flow, you direct it to the drain. This version includes nicely updated graphics and over 300 different levels, so it is quite an upgrade over the free versions you’ll find online. - ship

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:pc: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

[IMG-L=4772]2675[/IMG-L]Silent Hill Homecoming Dev. Double Helix Pub. Konami Systems: PC, 360, PS3 MSRP: $59.99
Like a static-filled radio, a lot of Silent Hill fans were frightened to hear that the development of Homecoming was being handled by an American studio, but I have faith that the guys behind the Buffy the Vampire Xbox game have the chops to make a killer game. They’ve incorporated a more standard control scheme so your character will actually be able to move like a modern video game character and not like one of those Radio Shack remote control cars that only drives straight and turns whenever you go in reverse. Seems like those new controls could come in handy should faceless nurses start shuffling about. Though I know we all wish this game revolved around an awkward high school dance gone awry, the story is actually centered around a soldier who returns home to find that members of his family have gone missing. Guess where he ends up searching. Hey, maybe that guy with that giant triangular mask and blood drenched clothes has seen them. Let’s ask. - ship

:360: Purchase At Amazon $56.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At GameStop $59.99 (Free Silent Hill DVD)
:360: Purchase At Best Buy $59.99 (Free Silent Hill DVD)
:360: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free Pyramid Head keychain)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $56.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At GameStop $59.99 (Free Silent Hill DVD)
:ps3: Purchase At Best Buy $59.99 (Free Silent Hill DVD)
:ps3: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free Pyramid Head keychain)

Wii

[IMG-L=4772]2670[/IMG-L]Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility Dev. Marvelous Pub. Natsume Systems: Wii MSRP: $49.99
Harvest Moon gets a whole new look with this softer, 3D Wii version of the popular franchise. It’s got a more Animal Crossing or My Sims camera to it, but the basic farming gameplay remains the same save the Wii-mote controls. According to reviewers, there isn’t much spectacularly new with this title, as everyone seems to be focusing on the upcoming Rune Factory titles for the Wii and DS. Still, the cover art alone was enough to make me almost pre-order the game from the nice, but clueless GS employee. – mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $46.99 (Free shipping)

[IMG-L=4772]2679[/IMG-L]We Cheer Dev. Namco Bandai Pub. Namco Bandai Systems: Wii MSRP: $39.99
Shiny, smiling Bratz-looking girls lead the gamer through dance team and cheerleading routines that rival the Laker Girls’. I guess this game should be described as a rhythm-based dance game, as it looks a lot like Elite Beat Agents and Samba de Amigo as far as how the movements are created on-screen. Of course, the game is controlled with two wii-motes, one in each hand instead of taping buttons along with the beat. The song list is largely made up of songs that our musically challenged audience won’t recognize, but there’s a few that might ring a bell mixed in: KC & The Sunshine Band’s “That’s the Way (I Like It) and Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) by C&C Music Factory. Don’t be fooled though, it’s mostly tween music; the rendition of Walking on Sunshine heard singing in the Nintendo video is Aly & AJ, who are just too hip and new even for my iPod. – mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $36.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At GameStop $39.99 (Free pom-poms)

DS

[IMG-L=4772]2671[/IMG-L]Margot's Word Brain Dev. Pub. Zoo Games Systems: DS MSRP: $14.99
(Deja Preview) My first thoughts with previewing this game were “Who’s Margot?” and “Why does she have a new video game?”. Apparently no one else knows who she is either, which is why the game description pins her as “the new videogame queen of word play!” Did we have an old videogame queen of word play? Anyway, this game includes 6 word-based edutainment puzzles and a librarian-looking lady with bland graphics. The pricetags of $15 and $20 for the DS and Wii, respectively, aren’t bad, but you’ll get what you pay for. – mrs. ship

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $14.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

[IMG-L=4772]2673[/IMG-L]Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation Dev. Koei Pub. Koei Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
This game actually got good reviews this week with it’s Hello Kitty-looking graphic style (the game’s Japanese origin is quite evident) and fashion-friendly gameplay. The whole goal of the game is to design your own clothing line, supply your fashions to customers, and manage your boutique and employees. It’s a design sim with surprisingly heavy simulation elements. Although some of the controls are a bit weird on the DS and the translations are fair at best, this seems like a decent game. However, I just can’t bring myself to recommend anyone but the developer’s mother buy the game at the full-price cost of $30. – mrs. ship

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)

[IMG-L=4772]2674[/IMG-L]Princess Debut Dev. Cave Pub. Natsume Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Doe-eyed Natsume characters abound in this new title, the second rhythm-based music game of the week. Instead of cheerleaders, you play as a princess who’s trying to learn ballroom dancing steps in order to woo her prince. If getting the most gameplay for your buck is critical, then this title’s 14 different endings might make for good replay value. The game is controlled with the stylus and the touchscreen. The stylus is used to make patterns that mimic the dance steps you’re trying to create, and is simlar (sorry to use this reference again) to Elite Beat Agents. If you have a girl gamer looking for a good rhythm-based princess game, than this game is worth buying. – mrs. ship

[IMG-L=4772]2676[/IMG-L]Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood Dev. BioWare Pub. SEGA Systems: DS MSRP: $34.99
I find myself having a really hard time trying to get excited about an RPG based upon Sonic the Hedgehog. I want to be pumped, I really do, but I’d rather hang out with those annoying people in the Sonic drive-in commercials than most of the crew Sonic chooses to associate with. Sure, maybe that has something to do with delicious Orange CreamSlushes and the humor associated with watching awkward waitresses on roller skates slam into glass doors, but I should really steer this preview back towards the deliciously awkward blend of an anthropomorphic 90’s platforming star with a turn-based JRPG… made by Canadians. So the whole thing is stylus controlled. You explore familiar looking Sonic environments and must use the skills of your allies to gain access to different areas (I knew there was a reason Sonic hung out with these freaks) so you can track down all the Chaos Emeralds. I’m not sure how those went missing again, but I blame Big the Cat because, well, he has no redeeming qualities. Battles take place in traditional turn-based fashion, but special moves are performed and defended by Elite Beat Agent style tapping and dragging of the Stylus. The little Chao creatures also return as stat boosters that can be paired with your characters and traded wirelessly with other players. Which I'm sure you'll be able to trade Chao with me, as I know I won't be able to keep myself from buying this. - ship

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $34.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At GameStop $34.99 (Free Sonic stylus 3-pack)
:ds: Purchase At Circuit City $34.99 (Free Sonic DS skin)

[IMG-L=4772]2677[/IMG-L]Unsolved Crimes Dev. Now Production Pub. Empire Interactive Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
While the graphics of this new point-and-click adventure title look similar to Hotel Dusk, the gameplay relies on analysis of the crime-scene in a much heavier fashion. It’s almost a weird conglomeration of Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk. As you search through scenes, there’s also “quizzes” of sorts (similar to the wrap-ups in Hotel Dusk) that ensure that you know what’s going on as you play. The graphics look nice for the DS, and this game is certainly one genre that hasn’t been overdone on the DS (like, say, animal sims or rhythm-based dancing games), so I’m looking forward to trying it out. – mrs. ship

PSP

[IMG-L=4772]2678[/IMG-L]Valhalla Knights 2 Dev. K2 Pub. Xseed Games Systems: PSP MSRP: $29.99
This sequel to the action role-playing game most likely never to be played by most everyone is a whole lot more of all the stuff you didn’t play the first time around. You’ve got your almost MMORPG set-up of wandering around town and performing quests, your different species and job classes, and your pretty mundane combat in an uninspiring looking battle arena. There’s just more of everything. Bring a friend along in local versus or co-op modes. I think they kept it local so you could physically nudge the person your playing with back awake. - ship

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)

PS2

[IMG-L=4772]2549[/IMG-L]Mortal Kombat Kollection Dev. Midway Pub. Midway Systems: PS2 MSRP: $29.99
(Deja Preview) Midway dialed up a kombination of Deception, Armageddon, and Shaolin Monks and put them into one toasty package. All total, that's two fighting games, one beat 'em-up, Chess Kombat, Puzzle Kombat, and Motor Kombat. Could be the perfect kompilation to get the blood flowing prior to the upcoming Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. - ship

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)

On The DL

Art Style: ORBIENT Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $6
A really simplified mixture of Katamari and FLOW where you control planetoids and pick up other smaller spheres while moving around the orbits of larger planets. Or as Soulja Boy would say… this is a game for people who smoke or people who drink. - ship

Bomberman Blast Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $10
In addition to classic Bomberman action, there are a couple of new modes and power-ups that can be played with up to eight people locally or online. There’s an Air Raid mode where you don’t actually lay bombs, but must dodge bombs falling from above and a King mode which is Bomberman’s version of King of the Hill. Last, but not least, there is Mii support. I’m going to look adorable running around with little pink balls for hands. - ship

Super Turrican 2 Systems: Wii VC (SNES) MSRP: $8
Turrican returns to the Virtual Console for a third tour of duty and he’s ready for some more shooting and platforming. I’m not. - ship

Mega Man 9 Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
(Deja Preview) Do you have what it takes to defeat all eight robot masters? For the ninth time? While it’s nice to have Mega Man go back to just being Mega Man, I don’t know if 8-bit nostalgia works for a brand new game. Especially when downloadable content is going to creep this one up near the $20 range when it is all said and done. - ship

War World Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
Originally a 2006 PC game, this fast-paced mech shooter looks pretty impressive for a $10 XBLA game. With over 100 single player levels and four different multiplayer modes that support eight robojocks online, I think this could fill a little bit of that MechAssault void. - ship

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

Four useless observations:

- Why isn't We Cheer spelled, "Wii" ?!?

- Between that Pop Cutie, Margot, and Princess Debut, it's a tough week to be a man.

- I thought Margot looked like SuperNanny.

- Natsume cover art is veering dangerously close to 'Precious Moments' territory. See second observation.

[quote name='paintball745']how can misses ship spend 10 minutes in her car on a 3 minute drive the math confuses me. also nice podcast[/QUOTE]

Duh, she warms up the car for seven minutes. Next question!

Haven't listened yet but I think coming out on Wednesday's, if possible, is the best solution as most games seem to ship on Tuesday's right now and get to stores on Wednesday. I know each of the next 6 weeks there's a game I want/already paid for and they all get to stores on Wednesday (NBA 2K9, SOCOM, Fable 2, Fallout 3, GoW 2, CoD: WatW.)

[quote name='infamyRISE']What game is the opening tune from?[/quote]

I dunno... For some reason, it reminds me of Streets of Rage.

Man, Mrs. Ship was awfully cranky. I know she has had to review a lot of crap games lately, but she seemed more annoyed with Ship than usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Hill has been bum raped by Pyramid Head D:
The only interesting game that is coming out looks like Unsolved Crimes and Valhalla Knights 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think the game that was Tony Hawk but on water was Kelly Slater.
kelly.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamyRISE
What game is the opening tune from?
Sonic Pinball from what I remember
I think it was Sonic 2, from one the chemical/industrial type zones

[quote name='Mahoney07']Damn you two must spend a lot of money on video games every week.[/quote]

That should read "Damn Shipwreck must spend a lot of money on video games every week. :D

[quote name='thorbahn3']I think the game that was Tony Hawk but on water was Kelly Slater.
kelly.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Close, while I did play that one as well, this is the game we were thinking of:

image6582.jpg

Good ol' Shaun Murray.

Okay, Ship: If you aren't reviewing "Pretty Pink Ponyz: Superstar Preteen Girl Power" for the DS next week, I will be sorely disappointed.
This is the first time that I had to stop listening halfway through the podcast because I just couldn't take the hostility.

Man up. Buy Mrs. Shipwreck something pretty. Review half of the stupid games. It's just that easy.
I'll hesitantly look forward to next week...

It's called vignetting
istockphoto_3533500-skateboarding-with-a-kangaroo-shadow.jpg

It's common in action sports filming when a fisheye lens is used to make the trick look bigger.

[quote name='Clarke']It's called vignetting
istockphoto_3533500-skateboarding-with-a-kangaroo-shadow.jpg

It's common in action sports filming when a fisheye lens is used to make the trick look bigger.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I get a fancy new term to throw into my review now. Thanks!

nice show....loved the Splashdown reference, those were two of my favorite games "last gen"

Splashdown Rides Gone Wild is an awesome game...

Hey, I liked Spectacular Spider-Man. :nottalking: I watched the whole season in three sittings because it was so addictive. And don't even get me started on the Office, the only show on tv that gets me excited to sit in front of the tv. Hell, it's the only show I watch on tv anymore.

Yeah.. those pop culture references did go over well. About as well as the camera system in a 3D Sonic game, to stay on topic.

Also, best CAG contest where I'm not even remotely interested in the prize.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Four useless observations:
- Why isn't We Cheer spelled, "Wii" ?!?
[/quote] The same reason its We Ski and We Love Golf. Third Parties arent allowed to use the trademark in that way.

I don't get why Shipwreck hates hard games? Especially games with demos that have the 2nd hardest, if not hardest level of the game as the representation of that demo. Saying Mega Man 9 is not worth $10 (And that's exactly what Ship says) is like saying a Bioware game sucks. It doesn't make sense, you see.

If I can beat Mega Man 9, anyone can beat that demo.

This is my first time listening to the shipwreck show and I must say that ANYTHING that starts with old school Sonic tunes automatically wins.

Keep it up!

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't get why Shipwreck hates hard games? Especially games with demos that have the 2nd hardest, if not hardest level of the game as the representation of that demo. Saying Mega Man 9 is not worth $10 (And that's exactly what Ship says) is like saying a Bioware game sucks. It doesn't make sense, you see.

If I can beat Mega Man 9, anyone can beat that demo.[/quote]
Not that Ship needs anyone to defend him, but I got the impression that the reason he wouldn't recommend Mega Man 9 had less to do with the difficulty and more to do with the fact that if you were willing to do a little looking, I think you could find the Megaman Anniversary Collection or the Mega Man X Collection for either $10 or just a bit more used and get a TON more (of a similar style) game for your buck.

Ship & Mrs. Ship - doesn't the fact that I know Panthor's name make me even MORE likely to be the Unabomber, not less? Maybe I remember it because when my baby was younger, I went through the entire 2002 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series in chunks while I was feeding him (and all of Spectacular Spider-Man which I think is a GREAT show and lot of The Office. I'm not sure if you can really call that putting feeding time to "good use," but I enjoyed it!

Speaking of Spider-Man, does anyone have any impressions on Spider-Man: Web of Shadows yet? There are some cool videos on gametrailers and the combat looks to be as fluid and fun as it should be. I skipped Spider-Man 3, but enjoyed the first two open-world games (pizza delivering, balloon saving and all.) This one seems to really be a step up. I also read a really interesting article about how the DS game will not be a poor port, but will instead be a Metroidvania style 2.5D action platformer. Sounds like a solid choice. Anyway, it sounds fun to me.

BTW, I always enjoy the back and forth between you two - I think it shows that your real people not just voices reading a bunch of stuff about games. Mrs. Ship, you keep trying to keep Ship on topic, Ship, you keep teasing her just enough with your nerdy information. :)

The wii is the only system I have that I do turn on for brief moments of time. When I take the kid to bed but my wife hasn't come up yet so we can watch some tv on dvd, I turn on the wii and play some vc games, dr. mario, mega man 9, or strongbad. Got one of the remotes lying in between the pillows for easy access.

How can you tools not know the opening song is from the Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2? You all suck.

[quote name='Gillespee']Not that Ship needs anyone to defend him, but I got the impression that the reason he wouldn't recommend Mega Man 9 had less to do with the difficulty and more to do with the fact that if you were willing to do a little looking, I think you could find the Megaman Anniversary Collection or the Mega Man X Collection for either $10 or just a bit more used and get a TON more (of a similar style) game for your buck.[/quote]

That's an unfair comparison. First off, the X series isn't just a carbon copy of the Mega Man series. They play pretty differently to be considered similar. As for price, depending on your choice of console it might not be anything less than $20. Believe, I'm still trying to get a copy of the X Collection for the GameCube.

As for MM9's price, you could make the exact same argument about other games on Live. The difference here is that this is a brand new game that has a lot to offer for the price of admission. Most companies would have simply phoned it in and called it a day. Really, if you think this is priced too high, then you must think Bionic Commando Rearmed is a rip off.

And let me save you all the trouble and say MM9 trounces 4, 5, 6, and 8. Not that it really took much to one up those though.

Oh yeah, I'm talking to you, Ship. Maybe this other dude as well if he has the same stance as you.

Okay, now I'm confused since I was talking to him but indirectly to you sort of. Just answer what is relevant to you. Or don't and I win by default somehow.

Definitely enjoyed having 2 weeks in a row. :) ship, I'll be looking forward to your opinions on Sonic: Dark Chronicles when you get it. I read somewhere (Game Informer?) that the only stylus stuff was when you were using your special skills...I kind of hope that's the case, I really don't like stylus-controlled games, but either way, I'm not going to pick it up for awhile, too much of a darn backlog (in part due to your show last week, grr...) :D

/tk

[quote name='Shady3011']That's an unfair comparison. First off, the X series isn't just a carbon copy of the Mega Man series. They play pretty differently to be considered similar. As for price, depending on your choice of console it might not be anything less than $20. Believe, I'm still trying to get a copy of the X Collection for the GameCube.

As for MM9's price, you could make the exact same argument about other games on Live. The difference here is that this is a brand new game that has a lot to offer for the price of admission. Most companies would have simply phoned it in and called it a day. Really, if you think this is priced too high, then you must think Bionic Commando Rearmed is a rip off.[/quote]

First off, simply saying that the X series is slightly different doesn't cut it for me. That's like saying Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World are nothing alike - some details may have changed but the core gameplay is there. And even if you throw out the crappy original MM games out of the Anniversary Collection, you're still getting a much better deal to buy it over a single similar experience (which is good, that's not what I'm debating) for $!0.

I think the difference between most games on Live and Mega Man 9 is that even if they are ports, they have been updated in some way. You use Bionic Commando Rearmed as an example (which is a game that I have paid for myself.) It is the same game, but with better graphics and new bosses. I think many people who bought it would not have bought it if they had put up a straight up port of the original NES game. MM9 is, of course, a brand-new game but the production values of an 80's game. I think I would have been a lot more interested if they had made a cool 2.5D MM9 with updated graphics and cool effects. Just to me, that would be a lot more worth the $10.

[quote name='Gillespee']First off, simply saying that the X series is slightly different doesn't cut it for me. That's like saying Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World are nothing alike - some details may have changed but the core gameplay is there. And even if you throw out the crappy original MM games out of the Anniversary Collection, you're still getting a much better deal to buy it over a single similar experience (which is good, that's not what I'm debating) for $!0.

I think the difference between most games on Live and Mega Man 9 is that even if they are ports, they have been updated in some way. You use Bionic Commando Rearmed as an example (which is a game that I have paid for myself.) It is the same game, but with better graphics and new bosses. I think many people who bought it would not have bought it if they had put up a straight up port of the original NES game. MM9 is, of course, a brand-new game but the production values of an 80's game. I think I would have been a lot more interested if they had made a cool 2.5D MM9 with updated graphics and cool effects. Just to me, that would be a lot more worth the $10.[/quote]

While I'll concede some people might see the classic series and X as two peas in a pod, from a gameplay perspective they aren't SMB3 to SMW changes. The X series has always had a focus on action over level design, so that plays a big role in their differences.

As for the Anniversary Collection, you seem to be ignoring the fact that it isn't $10 cheap. At the same time, throwing out those other games, which is half of the collection mind you, destroys the value of that collection. Let's not forget that these games might frustrate players even more then MM9 might.

As for enhancements, I don't see how the look devalues the fact that it's a brand new game. While I would have been satisfied with the original Mega Man with better graphics ala Powered Up, knowing that they made a brand new Mega Man instead of just phoning it in makes me glad they didn't. Really, at the end of the day it seems you value style over substance. Then again, I should concede this is a game for fans rather than for the general consensus. However, I do think this game is worth $10 considering what you get for them.

Your opinion has been noted. I think you're style over substance comment was a little harsh, but I suppose that it takes all kinds to keep those game industries engines running. I think I'd rather have style and substance or only pay $5 for an 8-bit (style) game - even a brand new one.

BTW, have you tried Goozex yet to get the Gamecube version of the MegaMan X series? I waited a while, but I got one about a month ago finally.

I didn't mean for it to come out that way, but your post made it seem like that was your opinion. Sorry about that. The Internet is a very ambiguous place.

As for Goozex, I have an account but haven't tried anything other than old PSX games. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

Ah, been pretty busy lately, missed the last few eps, good to finally sit down and listen to a new episode.

And who hasnt heard Hey There Delilah!?!? I know many people who dont know the artist (Plain White T's), but you should at least know the song....

1. Spectacular Spider-man is a decent cartoon and not "stupid".
2. Megaman 9 is hard, but thats why you have to practice and learn some tricks. its a challange. I am not a "hardcore gamer" as some would define it, but i beat all the robot masters eventuallly. I havent fully takcked the rest of the game, but over time the gameplay becomes second nature. If you arent a megaman fan, it may take longer to adjust. Also I got it on WiiWare, due to the NES style control scheme, which makes it easier.

[quote name='Link927']And who hasnt heard Hey There Delilah!?!? I know many people who dont know the artist (Plain White T's), but you should at least know the song....[/quote]

I didn't fess up originally, but honestly, I didn't know that the title of the song was Hey There Delilah. I just went to amazon.com and got the sample of the mp3, I wonder if there are others that just didn't realize that's what it's called (I've certainly never paid attention to the lyrics).

/tk

[quote name='Shady3011']I didn't mean for it to come out that way, but your post made it seem like that was your opinion. Sorry about that. The Internet is a very ambiguous place.

As for Goozex, I have an account but haven't tried anything other than old PSX games. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

I have found Goozex is best for things like that, or DS/PSP/PS2/XBox/Gamecube games, or maybe current-gen games that are like $40 or under at retail/used. If you're relying on Goozex to get newly released games, you'll likely be waiting a month-plus unless you get lucky or are spamming F5 on their site every few hours before midnight of a game's release to be near the top of their list (you can't put a game in the queue/on hold until it's released.)

They do give a better option than trading into Gamestop most times though. If it wasn't for the Gamestop promotion of trade 2 get $10 bonus, I would definately trade Rock Band 1 for 850 Goozex points vs. the $12.40 after bonuses and Edge that I will get tomorrow, but NBA 2K9 is calling me and I don't feel like waiting 1 month plus to get it.

You may have already covered this but I would be curious to know which verision of Fallout 3 the two of you are buying and why? I'm assuming it's a Day One purchase. My guess is is may be the Collector's Edition as the Amazon Survival version is asking a bit too much for a clock. Your thoughts?

[quote name='joserjerr']You may have already covered this but I would be curious to know which verision of Fallout 3 the two of you are buying and why? I'm assuming it's a Day One purchase. My guess is is may be the Collector's Edition as the Amazon Survival version is asking a bit too much for a clock. Your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

As far as the name pronounciation goes for "joserjerr" it's just something I came up with awhile back. It combines both Mexican and Canadian influences.

Jose' and add the "r" so it's pronounced hoser (Bob & Doug McKenzie). Jerr is pretty much a no-brainer.

bread's done
Back