How much money will you spend the rest of 08?

leveskikesko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Little Big Planet - $60
Mirror's Edge - $60
Tomb Raider Underworld - $60
Prince of Persia - $60

$240?! CRAP! Though if these games don't do as well as I think they will do, I may reconsider a few because I don't preorder unless I know the game will be awesome.

How about you guys?

all my money is gonna be spent this week at the TRU B2G1 sale. All I really know is that one of the games will be Saints Row 2, and I want to try a DS package so I can trade for the new Castlevania

I what want is $500 minimum but what I am going to spend is a different story.

- Spiderman Web of Shadows
- Resistance 2
- Gears 2
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
- DBZ Infinite World
- Left 4 Dead
- Motorstorm Pacific Rift
- LittleBigPlanet
- Mortal Kombat vs DC

Need I go on?

Too much probably....these for sure:

Castlevania DS
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Ghostbusters (if it gets published)
Chrono Trigger DS

Still considering these:

Rock Band 2
New Rock Band 2 guitar
Star Ocean PSP
probably other stuff too.

TBW

I always laugh at the people who spend that much on those games, and in 6 months they will be able to be had at half that price.

Confirmed Purchase:
LBP
Persona 4

Possible:
Dead Space(EA game so it will drop like a rock after XMAS)
Farcry 2(Ubisoft game so it will drop like a rock no matter what)

Probably none really, unless you count getting games from yourfree360games.com

I've already paid for GoW 2 and Fable II, but that's about it when it comes to paying out of my own pocket. And I only did that due to the Amazon $10 GC.

[quote name='distgfx']I what want is $500 minimum but what I am going to spend is a different story.

- Spiderman Web of Shadows
- Resistance 2
- Gears 2
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
- DBZ Infinite World
- Left 4 Dead
- Motorstorm Pacific Rift
- LittleBigPlanet
- Mortal Kombat vs DC

Need I go on?[/quote]

I actually forgot about MK VS DC until I saw it on your list.

I only need 4 games.

Gears 2
Smackdown Vs Raw 2009
Resistance 2
Mortal Kombat VS DC

Possible:
LBP *still not sure*
Dead Space *might rent this*
Rock Band 2

Paid off in full:
Fallout 3 – Limited Edition
Left 4 Dead Steam Edition
Fable 2
Little Big Planet
Rock Band 2
Lego Batman
Gears of War 2 – Lancer/Collector Edition

Released after my move, so I will need to reserve in Canada
Chrono Trigger DS
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Mortal Kombat VS DC

Probably from Goozex
Dead Space
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Resistance 2
Lips
Sam & Max Season 1 on Wii

Mirror's Edge - $60
Left 4 Dead - $60 (though technically with the Gamestop preorder thing, it's $54 or whatever)
Persona 4 - $40
Fallout 3: Collector's Edition - $80
Persona 4: Fan Bundle - $30
Total: $270

Those are the ones for sure, though I have ALOT of shit that's up for debate (goddamn B2G1 sale). Though a part of me wants to think these games are nice, but I can survive on just Rock Band 2 and points cards if all goes to shit.

most likely nothing.

Part of it is being an extreme cheapass to pay for college(hopefully) in the spring, part of it me having a lot of old stuff I can(and want to) play still.

Paid:
Fable 2
Fallout 3 CE
Gears of War 2 CE
Little Big Planet

The only other games I'll likely be picking up are Left 4 Dead and Red Alert 3 (pending final DRM info, I could boycott it).

So, I'll be dropping another $60-120 or so the rest of the year gaming wise. I don't plan on making another purchase either until I get through my back-log of games.

Not much. I preordered Gears of War 2 from Amazon. Used a $25 gift card and get a $10 gift card as a bonus, so only $25 out of pocket.

Other than that I doubt I'll buy anything else. The new DS Castlevania I'll probably put on my birthday list for next month, and maybe I'll put Fallout 3 and/or Fable 2 on my x-mas list. Otherwise there's not much else I'm stoked for, just a few more games I'll keep any eye on reviews and probably just wait to grab off of Goozex next year.

I'm not playing a ton of games lately, so I'm not buying much.

Everything boils down to reviews but I'm thinking at this point the only game I'm going to pay full price for is Left 4 Dead. Maybe, maybe Fable II.

I am reluctant to buy Fallout 3 or Fable II because Oblivion and Fable both had superior versions later on down the line that included all content.

The only other game I was looking forward to was Dead Space but I've heard rumbling of repetitive levels and backtracking so it can wait.

Really, it all boils down to hype. We don't actually want these games that bad in the long run, yet we're willing to buy them at their highest price. I think I'm going to force myself to wait it out this time around, and focus on the titles I missed out on last year that are probably super cheap now.

It's all just a battle of the mind.

$0

Well I said that till Alone in the Dark for $12 shipped at Gogamer.com. Sometimes crap is too tempting to resist. I have Amazon Rewards so I "abuse" that and use my $25 gift cards for stuff between now and next year (if I get anymore points that is).

I set myself to $100 a month to do whatever I want with it. I've already overspent that for this year so I'm supposed to wait till January or Feb before I can buy stuff again.

I'm asking/getting for Xmas:
Fable 2/Fallout 3 (I can't decide which one right now)
Gears of War 2
Persona 4 (asked from wife and she agreed to it, again "our" money but she is buying it for me)

I also pre-ordered Castlevania DS a long, long time ago on Amazon with my rewards. So that will be my last game (hopefully) I get before XMas.

Any extra Amazon points I get I am putting it towards XBLA points tho. $5-$10 XBLA titles prove to be worthwhile purchases that are great in the long term, granted the achievements have to be somewhat difficult to attain.
Speaking of achievements, thats where I get the most "value" sometimes from a game. If the achievements are attainable/take time to get then I'll put more time into the game giving it more value for me anyways. A example right now would be Warriors Orochi 2 which I have sort of "finished" but I'm going to beat in the hardest difficulties and unlock all the dream scenarios which extends the life of the game.

[quote name='leveskikesko']It's all just a battle of the mind.[/quote]

Agreed but...part of the reason I bought a 360 is so that I could get involved with the multiplayer community of at least one game. I don't want to play catch-up with CoD4 or Orange Box and CoD5 doesn't really catch my eye. If the L4D demo is any good then I am going to get it day one and hope the multiplayer community is decent.

Do you guys really need all these games? Why dont you just gamefly them? You spend a fraction of the money you normally would and dont have a gigantic pile of games for when the ladies come over. Seriously, do you really need to BUY Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Lego Batman, and the list goes on? You wont be able to play all these games at once and by the time you finish them all some of them would have gone down in price. This just seems so idiotic. Ive spent maybe $100 on all the games I have now by buying used, from friends, and selling off the stuff I wont play again.

L4D on Steam (Here's hoping to a discount!)

Debating Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Then again, I only want it really for BK on XBLA, so I'm just cloudy about it.

After the B2G1F yesterday, I'm only buying Persona 4 ($36.99) and Tales of Symphonia ($35) which are already preordered. Unless some fuckawesome deal pops up on a previously released game.

I'm to the point now where I only tend to buy games at Target if they are on extreme clearance ($14.98 Grid for example). If I can't get it for super cheap from there, I usually don't buy it. I have way too many games that are unplayed to even think about buying new ones, unless it's something I really want and it's on sale.

So, with that being said, maybe another $50-100 this year on games.

Tomb Raider: Underworld- $60 (considering waiting for coupon/used/drop)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe: Kollector's Edition- $57
Gears of War 2: Collector's Edition - $70
Call of Duty: World at War Collector's Edition- $25

So, $212 as of right now. But I did just buy a whole host of games yesterday.

I don't want to spend too much more, but I probably will. This will all be paid in credit, so luckily no cash out of pocket for me.

[quote name='s00pNAZi']Do you guys really need all these games? Why dont you just gamefly them? You spend a fraction of the money you normally would and dont have a gigantic pile of games for when the ladies come over. Seriously, do you really need to BUY Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Lego Batman, and the list goes on? You wont be able to play all these games at once and by the time you finish them all some of them would have gone down in price. This just seems so idiotic. Ive spent maybe $100 on all the games I have now by buying used, from friends, and selling off the stuff I wont play again.[/quote]

Eh, you're sort of right. I already have over 100 games in my backlog, but these are all ones that I've gotten for very good prices. As I said earlier, I'm buying these new games with store credit, so it's nothing out of pocket. I don't really care for renting games because I'm a collector. I rent games that I'm not really all that interested in or I want to test out because I'm wishy washy on it. And if there's a collector's edition for a series I love, I'm buying it new. Yeah, it's that important to me.

I have Persona 4, Luminous Arc 2, Eternal Poison, and Ar tonelico II preordered. The first three so I can ensure that I get all of the bonuses, and Ar tonelico to take advantage of Amazon's price mistake. All of those have BML promos and Amazon Visa rewards applied too.

Aside from that, I'm making a concious effort not to buy any games. My birthday and Christmas are both coming up before the end of the year, plus my backlog is large enough that I probably shouldn't be in a hurry to buy new stuff anyway. The only thing I've picked up so far this month is Phantasy Star Universe, and that was on a whim because I happened to see it on the shelf at Target for $15 and I liked the cover art. :) I'm also planning to pick up Secret of Mana tonight, because, well, it's Secret of Mana. Still, if I can stop after those two, $23 for the month isn't bad.

Got some preorder deals reflected in these prices. My girl is picking up LPB & Animal Crossing Wii.

FAble II $50
Saints Row 2 $50
Fallout 3 $60
Left For Dead $60

Everything else can wait until 09 and price drops.

Castelvania oder of ecclesia- $30
and then probably like 250 in used or old games
plus I am thinking of getting a GBA Micro, I know they are old but they are pretty sweet and I can get one new for only $29.99

The ones I will definitely get:
Animal Crossing: City Folk
DragonBall Z: Burst limit
Resistance 2: Special Edition
Little Big Planet
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Total: $280

Maybe:

Spiderman: Web of Shadows
Mirrors Edge
Mortal Kombat vs. DC
Destroy all Humans: Path of the Furon

I'm already getting 190 from some Gamestop backlog cleaning, so with that and christmas $$$, I think I can at least get my list and Spiderman or MK vs. DC

World of Goo
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
FarCry 2
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
King's Bounty
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Fable 2
Call of Duty: World at War

My wallet is fucked.

I have no specific price range in mind. The only games that I'm 100% sure I'm buying on day 1 are Gears 2 and LBP. Outside of that I will just buy other games as I find deals or finish with games in my current backlog.

I will probably end up spending around $500 on games between now and the end of the year, not including the games I buy for family and friends for Xmas.

Here's my list:

Main List, guaranteed to buy (Very Hot):
1. LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - $60 Preordered
2. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) - $60 Will Preorder
3. Eternal Sonata (PS3) - $60 Preordered
4. Rock Band 2 (PS3) - $60
5. Resistance 2 (PS3) - $60
6. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3) - $60
7. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3) - $60
8. SingStar Vol. 2 (game only) (PS3) - $40
9. Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP) - $40
10. SOCOM: Confrontation (game only) (PS3) - $40
11. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) - $40

Might Get:
1. Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of MetaFalica (PS2) - $40
2. Dead Space (PS3) - $60
3. DJ Max Fever (PSP) - $30
4. Guitar Hero World Tour (game only) (PS3) - $60
5. Sonic Unleashed (PS3) - $60
6. BioShock (PS3) - $60
7. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360) - $40
8. Rock Revolution (PS3) - $50

Still need to get maybe:
1. NBA Live 09 (PS3) - $60
2. Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3) - $60
3. Infinite Undiscovery (360) - $40
4. Final Fantasy IV (DS) - $40
5. Samba de Amigo (Wii) - $50

Downloads (no order):
Bomberman Blast (Wii Ware) - $10
Dr. Mario RX (Wii Ware) - $10
Geon (PSN) - $10

Totals:
Guaranteed - $580
Maybe - $400
Might Pick Up - $250
Downloads - $30+
Tax = 7% in Indiana

Could spend $1,315.39.

I have GameStop credit (around $112), already put $5 down on LBP and ES. More games will be traded in. Some stuff might be Christmas presents. I also buy stuff during Meijer 15% to 20% off sales. Lets see if I can make this work without a job right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
$60 - Call of Duty: World at War

I have hundreds of dollars in Gamestop credit but with my backlog as long as it is, I decided not to get sucked in by the hype and ads. I'll just wait and pick up the upcoming major releases next year when they become available during the B2G1 free sales or general price drops. Why add to my 20+ backlog stack? Call of Duty is the only multiplayer game I figure I'd like to play day one, so that warrants a purchase.

I'm definitely getting Gears 2. Other than that I'm thinking about picking up Prince of Persia, Banjo-Kazooie, Guitar Hero World Tour and Dead Space. Damn. I thought this year was going to be cheap. I'm also trying to convince the wife that we need a PS3.

I'll probably buy 4 or 5 games before the end of 08. LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, and Castlevania Order of Ecclesia for sure. Probables are Persona 4 and Fallout 3, Farcry 2, Call of Duty World at War, Eternal Sonata (price drop material), Valkyria Chronciles, Prince of Persia, Tombraider Underworld.

So for givens, $60 + $60 + $30 and I'll say a max of $60 + $60 for maybes * 1.13 (tax) = ~$300. Many of the maybes I will hold out for Christmas gifts or price drops/deals. I'm happy with what I have here. Last month I estimated over $500 but have slimmed down my must buys a bit.

EDIT: I forgot about PSN and VC.
I have about a half dozen VC games I want at 800 pts a pop. Also Fat Princess is supposed to be out this year and I may get SOCOM and Burnout via PSN.

Retail Purchase-
$60 - RB2
$60 - GH4

PSN Store
Dunno.. probably at least $20 more worth of games with my group

Goozex - $0 (sitting on a King's Ransom of trade points)
Dead Space
Saint's Row 2
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Bioshock
LittleBigPlanet
Tales of Symphonia 2

SonyReward Points - $0 (whenever they offer these titles up)

Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2

I'm sittin pretty for a while even though some of these games will take that long to come my way. That's ok though since I'm sitting on a handful that haven't been touched yet.

About 50 bucks. Unless I win a gift card.

I am probably gonna get
New PS2 Dualshock Controller
New copy of Tekken 4 or a New PSP GH game.

full price
gears 2
left 4 dead
call of duty world at war

when they get cheap
dead space
mirrors edge
saints row 2
tomb raider underworld
prince of persia
spider man

Zero

Im in New Zealand right now and everything is fucking insanely expensive.

No gaming purchases for me until Im back in Canada mid next year.

Fable II $60
FarCry II $60
Fallout 3 $80
Gears of War 2 $140
Chrono Trigger $40
Call of Duty: World at War $60
Black Sigil DS $30

$470.....so far

fable 2
gears of war 2
fallout 3
prince of persia