Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerguy961

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know it's supposed to show up by the end of the year. Any chance the first game to be included will be Animal Crossing: City Folk? Or will it work with the old system for registering games on my nintendo?

Edit by Io on 12/19:

Club Nintendo is now active.

Here is an except from the FAQ on the Club Nintendo web site about which games are eligible for "coins" (which can be redeemed for real-life rewards this time - yay!):

Games Released December 2008 and After
All Wii and Nintendo DS games published by Nintendo in December 2008 and after can be registered and will qualify for surveys.

Games released prior to December 2008
Many games released prior to December 2008 can be registered; however, of those games, only select Wii, Wii Shop Channel games, Wii Channels, and Nintendo DS games will qualify for surveys. See the list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:
Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS

Last edited by a moderator:
The popular speculation - based on tiny clues here and there on the matter - is that some previously registered items will count toward it, but the majority will be new releases only.

My honest opinion is that Wii Music and forward will be counted, but that's just my speculation. By this logic, Animal Crossing will surely count, and perhaps even WiiSpeak will as well.

Anything that has had major sales won't in order to minimize damage to NoA's bottom line, so that counts out Brawl/Kart/Zelda/Galaxy/etc, but will be filed under the "oh, that came too early to be entered into the system" column.

I'd be floored if we were told that everything we'd registered could be counted in the form of redeemable Wii Nintendo Points, and thus we could get some free VC stuff out of the deal. But I say I'd be floored because I absolutely don't think it'll happen.

In short, don't expect much that you've got already to count, if any of it at all. Also, be prepared to get nothing but useless crap, most of it non-corporeal. I.e., digital things like ringtones or screensavers, or - as I like to joke - all the downloadable stickers you can feast upon.

I'm almost 100% sure this is gonna be the e-Reader of Nintendo promotions.

Hmm...the last Wii game I've bought was Mario Kart. That sucks if my games don't count. All the good Nintendo games have pretty much come out and I'm on the edge about Animal Crossing.

i was under the impression that anything wii or ds will be carried over, but nothing gamecube or gba will. and it'll even itself out because, like japan's club nintendo, the games are worth less and less points if you buy them later on, as opposed to when they first come out. so games we've had registered for 2 years will be counted, but practically worthless. i swear i read that online somewhere.

but i agree with Strell... registering products will finally be worthwhile... for 6-year-olds who want to pimp their pencil boxes with the latest princess peach decals.

ya know, i was actually thinking the other day... these "play on wii" games that are just gamecube games with waggle... they'd be perfect for club nintendo. buy new nintendo games and earn points redeemable for the old nintendo games you already bought 5 years ago.

they'd never do it, but it just strikes me as such a good idea, from a fan/consumer standpoint. don't flood the already crowded wii games market with last-gen games when you can pump up the current games and offer the fan-favorite old stuff as bonuses.

Of course, I called it a while back, but I still remain cautious with a "believe it when I see it" mentality. It does sound like we should know details by at least mid December, so the wait shouldn't be too long.

I'll just be happy as long as there are real tangible cool products that are not wallpapers.

Gots to tag this for later.

If the US Club Nintendo achieves Japanese levels of greatness (SFC Controllers, oddly colored controllers in general, exclusive games) I can absolutely see myself buying more Nintendo games at the expense of fewer 360/PS3 games. I can't count the number of times I've typed "Club Nintendo" into the search box on eBay and drooled.

I don't really understand how Nintendo can exclude older games if you haven't registered them. What if I buy a new Wii this Christmas with Mario Kart and Wii Music. I think Nintendo will get lots of static and confusion from a new user if one game counts and the other one doesn't. I have to think unregistered games would have to add to your total. Even if they can tell how "old" the game sale is by the code, they could never be 100% sure it's not old stock and I can't see them risking the ire and confusion of these "inepxerienced" gamers they are trying to get into the fold.

Im almost certain the older games will not register but I am hoping. I havent registered more than 3 games and I have been collecting codes with the rest of my games. I really really hope the old games count. but like someone mentioned before, it would probably hurt Nintendo's bottom line if they went this way.

Either way, its great to have the service come to the USA. I know ill be buying Nintedno games in the future and will take advantage of the service soon enough.

I've registered a ds, a wii, about 19 games, a gba, and a gba sp. I would hope that would be enough to get a free snes style classic controller or at least a free nes vc game. They should give me free a wiimote free just because I bought a gba and had to deal with that screen. Then the agony of getting the fronlit sp instead of the later released backlit one. They will probably just give me a sticker pack and a stylus though. Hopefully I will get at least that, so far all I got was the phantom hourglass stylus.

Okay, it's now officially the Holiday Season. Where the hell is the club with my free stuff?

I don't have high hopes for the multitude of games I've already registered, but why couldn't they offer Wii points for older games? Can I at least get a token sub to Nintendo Power? It's really just a 75 page ad campaign every month anyway, and completely useless since they don't do demo discs.

Points cost them them virtually nothing compared to physical goods, would make good press, and could fire up some sales. Oh, wait, Kart, Galaxy and WiiPlay are still selling so why bother.

Site launched today: http://club.nintendo.com/

[quote name='Nintendo']Club Nintendo - Coming Soon!

Club Nintendo will soon be replacing My Nintendo as your home for Nintendo product registration, sweepstakes, newsletters and exclusive Rewards - So come back soon!

What can I do at Club Nintendo?

• Earn Coins for registering Nintendo products and completing surveys
  • Redeem Coins for limited edition Rewards
  • Earn a set amount of Coins each year to gain Gold and Platinum status
  • Create a Family Account and invite members of your family to join
  • Register your newly purchased Wii console or Nintendo DS on Club Nintendo and extend your warranty
[/quote]

My curiosity is piqued! This is starting to sound more and more like the Japan version of Club Nintendo, which is certainly a good thing.

Sad thing is, I've been waiting to trade a few games in via Goozex because I'm not sure if we'll get anything for registering older titles.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Site launched today...[/quote]Ha! I was trying out all sorts of URLs yesterday, beginning w/ that one. I was one day off.

Well considering that Game & Watch Collection was just rated by the ESRB I think it's safe to say that the game will be included in the Club Nintendo service for the US. Though I don't really care because I can just play it by other means, I really want more game soundtracks!

I'll take one of those cool snes classic controllers or maybe a ds case. hopefully we will get close to the same stuff as japan.

[quote name='PokémonScott']Well considering that Game & Watch Collection was just rated by the ESRB I think it's safe to say that the game will be included in the Club Nintendo service for the US. Though I don't really care because I can just play it by other means, I really want more game soundtracks![/QUOTE]

i know you're probably right... but... let's be honest. which sounds more like NOA?

-- they give this game away to 'club nintendo' members who buy a bunch of nintendo games. it'll be expensive, and require like 15 games to be able to afford it, but it's completely free outside the cost of the games you were gonna buy anyway.

-- they slap an orange bar on the cover, call it 'touch generations' and charge $20 for the thing. register it online and get 20 coins good toward the 'purchase' of a mario bros. ringtone!

28ceds3su7.jpg

Registering a Wii game nets you 50 coins, a DS game gets you 30 coins, and Virtual Console/WiiWare games get you 10 coins. You can also earn 10 coins for saying you plan to buy a game and following through with the purchase, 10 coints for taking a survey about a registered game, and another 10 coins for a "Post Play" survey 4-6 weeks after that. Oh, and the Gold and Platinum statuses from the Japanese Club Nintendo are in the US version too. Anyone who earns 600 coins in a Club Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30) gets Platinum status and a free gift, while 300 coins gets you Gold status and a free gift (probably not as good as the Platinum gift, though).

Holy fuck.

I want the Hanafuda cards, AC Cards, and all the stylus sets.

Site is down though. :/

Hey alright, I can't get points from all those GC games I registered. Awesome.

That's some pretty awesome shit. I hope they count at least some of the many Wii/DS/VC/WiiWare games I've registered...

Meh, I don't think I'm ever getting that much points given the the good to crap ratio on the Wii and the fact there hasn't been a DS game worth buying in awhile. The prizes don't interest me either.

Give me a free game just for registering a game. Some VC NES prizes would be really nice. I still remember my LoZ collectors disk....

Don't get me wrong though, it's great that this exists for the people that can take advantage of it FINALLY, but it's probably not for me...at least yet.

Do wii and ds games you already registered count for anything?

Holy crap. That's nice.

I do wonder if older games will count towards registration? If so, I'll be happily sitting on over 800+ points from Wii games alone.

Oh look, an FAQ!

Ok, found an answer to my question. Here's a list of games that qualify prior to December 2008:

Wii Games
Endless Ocean
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

World of Goo
Secret of Mana
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
Earthworm Jim
Alien Crush Returns
Home Sweet Home
Space Harrier
Brain Challenge
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
Mega Man 3
Forgotten Worlds

Nintendo DS Games
Big Brain Academy
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs Chihuahua
Nintendogs Dalmatian
Nintendogs Labrador Retriever
Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund
Tetris DS

With all of that, I already have close to 740 points. I'm happy.

I'm going to be buying pretty much anything I can get to get points. Goozex will give you full credit back anyway.

Alternatively, in the past I've gotten a lot of registrations from used stuff through Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 Free or other discounts.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Holy crap. That's nice.

I do wonder if older games will count towards registration? If so, I'll be happily sitting on over 800+ points from Wii games alone.

Oh look, an FAQ!

Ok, found an answer to my question. Here's a list of games that qualify prior to December 2008:

Wii Games
Endless Ocean
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

World of Goo
Secret of Mana
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
Earthworm Jim
Alien Crush Returns
Home Sweet Home
Space Harrier
Brain Challenge
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
Mega Man 3
Forgotten Worlds

Nintendo DS Games
Big Brain Academy
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs Chihuahua
Nintendogs Dalmatian
Tetris DS
[/quote]

That's actually a list of the games that qualify for surveys, not that qualify for coins.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I guess that's the same thing - so will we be able to take the surveys for games already registered? I guess that's the question now.

If I can get the coins for the ones I've registered from that list then I'll have a nice 950 coins to start with.

[quote name='Club Nintendo FAQ']...list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:[/quote]

Just quoting what I read. That's all.

Both registration and surveys apparently.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'm going to be buying pretty much anything I can get to get points. Goozex will give you full credit back anyway.

Alternatively, in the past I've gotten a lot of registrations from used stuff through Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 Free or other discounts.[/QUOTE]

Downside is, there's no guarantee that you can register it doing that method. In any case, I think I'm going to hold off on registering games once I reach 600, unless there is an advantage for registering earlier.

Every VC/WW/Channel you get is registered under your My Nintendo account anyway (If you have one), so I imagine I have at least 400 coins from those alone (if VC games are counted and they're 10 coins each).

Sweet, I have about 870 coins already :applause: can't wait for this sucker to launch.

Oh btw, is your normal nintendo account the same as club nintendo? or do you need to register a new one?

Edit: nm just saw the club nintendo page

[quote name='KingBroly']Every VC/WW/Channel you get is registered under your My Nintendo account anyway (If you have one), so I imagine I have at least 400 coins from those alone (if VC games are counted and they're 10 coins each).[/QUOTE]

According to the FAQ, you'll have to call them to get them setup on your Club Nintendo account. I don't know why they aren't there automatically, but whatever.

[quote name='Club Nintendo FAQ']

Why don't my Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channel downloads appear in my registered games list?

You must first link your Wii Shop Channel to your Club Nintendo account. Once this link is created, the Virtual Console games you download from that point on will automatically be added to your list of registered games. Please note that even if this link has been created, it still may take up to an hour for your downloaded games to appear in your list of registered games.

To have Virtual Console games that were downloaded prior to creating the Wii Shop Channel/Club Nintendo link added to your list of registered products, please contact us via email by clicking here. You will need to provide us with all pertinent information (name, email address used when setting up your Club Nintendo account, Wii serial number, etc.). Not providing all of the pertinent information will increase the time it takes to find a solution and receive a reply. You can also call us at 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, 7 days a week.[/quote]

Aww this is exciting! This makes having a million games worth it :lol:

EDIT: So according to that list, anything we already have registered WILL count? :whistle2:k

Or will our accounts start at 0, and just those games will count IF we register them?

[quote name='BlueLobstah']According to the FAQ, you'll have to call them to get them setup on your Club Nintendo account. I don't know why they aren't there automatically, but whatever.[/quote]

But I already had a My Nintendo account and they're the same thing (Just a different name with a new function)

man i just looked through most of my DS games & i remember throwing out most of those silly registration numbers thinking we won't ever have a club :bomb: at least i have all my wii ones saved. i want that game & watch game, hopefully we get that super famicom classic controller at one point.

Yeah that Game & Watch needs to be mine.. as well as POSSIBLY the super famicon controller... :pray:

I really, really, hope my games (at LEAST from that list) will count..I think some are registered. I'm not sure, :lol:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Holy crap. That's nice.

Oh look, an FAQ!

Wii Games
Endless Ocean
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

World of Goo
Secret of Mana
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
Earthworm Jim
Alien Crush Returns
Home Sweet Home
Space Harrier
Brain Challenge
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam
Mega Man 3
Forgotten Worlds

Nintendo DS Games
Big Brain Academy
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Pokémon Diamond
Pokémon Pearl
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs Chihuahua
Nintendogs Dalmatian
Tetris DS

With all of that, I already have close to 740 points. I'm happy.[/quote]

Judging from that list, this is completely useless for me. :/

Okay, what is this? I went and pulled out a bunch on DS games on that list and tried to register and enter the PIN number I found inside, but none of them are valid.

So if I understand this correctly (provided my brother still has the codes for all of his eligible games), I should have a little over 800 after doing the "post-game" surveys.

Can someone post a link to where you're supposed to sign up?

Damn, I have 30 DS games and would only have about 310 points if that list is correct. And Nintendo is punishing me for getting Twilight Princess on GC :bomb:

[quote name='lilboo']Why is it useless for you? :whistle2:s[/quote]

I have around four games on that list and the rest of the list interests me not.

That and all the prizes are just useless swag. Except maybe G&WC.

No Gamecube games, damn! I don't have a Wii, but I do have 3 Wii games. I have shit ton of crappy DS games I suckered myself into buying.

I will commit myself to buying Kirby SSU and Animal Crossing: CF, then immediately register them for extra points since I haven't registered them yet. Suckers.

I'm 100% positive the list is retroactive, I'm sure of it.

As for me, I'll have 640 coins going in, no surveys or anything. Bad-ass, I want the Game and Watch Collection personally! I hope they bring in Tingle Balloon Fight too!

After all the games I've bought, with that list it only comes out to 300 points. Guess for buying all the WRONG games I won't be doing this either.

It's up again

And nothing transferred over. WTH? I have 0 coins

EDIT: Yup, nothing. I'm seriously pissed off right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back