Japanese restaurant has monkey waiters

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Wow what kind of tips do people leave? Bananas?[/quote]
Japan is non-tipping country. So I guess they can't tip them. I guess the restaurant has to feed them.

Props to the owner for doing something pretty unique and crazy.
Hell if i were to japan right now i would go eat there fully knowing its nothing more than a gimmick.

And that tourist is right that it probably wouldn't fly here because of god damn Peta.
Screw you Peta i want my damn monkey waiters!

[quote name='arnoldhead']I can't imagine how it feels to get fired and have a monkey take your job.[/QUOTE]

Ask Bill Clinton.

It's not wholly the same, but comparable enough.

[quote name='Strell']Ask Bill Clinton.

It's not wholly the same, but comparable enough.[/QUOTE]

It would have been ten thousand times edgier and more daring if you had said "Ask George Bush."

Not that I would ever say that, of course.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It would have been ten thousand times edgier and more daring if you had said "Ask George Bush."
[/QUOTE]

I'm not Ralph Nader.

[quote name='JolietJake']Do they not have any sort o sanitation codes concerning restaurants in Japan?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that they do indeed have codes, but it's really more of an honor system.

And since they are a high-trust society, they just assume their fellow citizens are adhering to whatever the commonly-believed law/rule in place is.

[quote name='Chase']Mmm, fecal matter and bits of fur. It's the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, you get that in the US too. It's just not hand delivered by fucking awesome monkeys.

[quote name='Strell']My understanding is that they do indeed have codes, but it's really more of an honor system.

And since they are a high-trust society, they just assume their fellow citizens are adhering to whatever the commonly-believed law/rule in place is.[/QUOTE]

I think their system ends up working better than the system in the US, restaurant bathrooms in Tokyo are amazingly clean.

bread's done
Back