XBox Live Marketplace Black Friday discounts (must be Gold XBL member)

KaneRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Courtesy of Major Nelson's site:

If you live in the US, you know that the day after Thanksgiving is (for better or worse) called Black Friday. Along with many of your favorite stores, the Xbox LIVE Marketplace is also having a Black Friday sales event…and we’re actually stretching it through the weekend. Starting this Friday Gold Members located in the US can save on select Marketplace Offers. Here is the complete list of items, including the discount and savings in MS Points:

Name / Original Price / Black Friday Price

Arcade titles:

Rez HD 800 | 500
Arkadian Warriors 800 | 500
Assault Heroes 400 | 250
Catan 800 | 500
Brain Challenge 800 | 500
Boogie Bunnies 800 | 500
Golf: Tee It Up! 800 | 500

DLC:

GH3 Metallica “Death Magnetic” Full Album 1440 | 1000
Forza – March Car Pack 400 | 250
Crackdown – Getting Busy Bonus Pack 800 | 500
Rock Band All That Remains Pack 01 440 | 290
Lips – The Remedy (Jason Mraz) 160 | 100

Themes:

Gears of War 2 – Last Day 250 | 180
Sonic Unleashed 250 | 180
Castle Crashers Premium Theme 250 | 180

The sale starts Friday morning and will run through Sunday evening. These special prices will be available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members in the US only. The new prices will be updated on Friday morning when the sale kicks in.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/11/26/xbox-live-marketplace-black-friday-sale.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have REZ, that's a must buy price.

I'm in for Arkadian Warriors (loved the demo but $10 was too much), the Death Magnetic album, and maybe Catan.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Will probably jump on Rez finally. May grab the GoW premium theme and the Crackdown content, although 300 points seems a bit much for a game that old.

Assault Heroes for 150 points is a damn good deal. Already have it though.[/quote]

I think its 250 and 150 is the amount off......could be wrong though

that math does not make sense in conjunction with the description... sorry, it just doesn't

Type / Name / Original Price / Discount Amount / Percentage off / Black Friday Price

Arcade Rez HD 800 500 37.5% 300

500 is not 37.5% of 800... however, 300 is... please update the original so that there is clarity

that said, i will probably grab catan, the crackdown pack, and a theme... already have rez (XBLA, PS2, and Dreamcast)

Is the Gears of War 2 theme:
30mbric.jpg

The OP has "Discount Amount" and "Black Friday Price" reversed.

It should be:
Type / Content / Original Price/ Black Friday Price / Discount / Savings
Arcade / Rez HD / 800 / 500 / 37.5% / 300

In other words, Rez drops 37.5% from its original price of 800 points. It will be 500 points on Black Friday. Etc.

[quote name='ChessPieceFace']The OP has "Discount Amount" and "Black Friday Price" reversed.

It should be:
Type / Content / Original Price/ Black Friday Price / Discount / Savings
Arcade / Rez HD / 800 / 500 / 37.5% / 300

In other words, Rez drops 37.5% from its original price of 800 points. It will be 500 points on Black Friday. Etc.[/QUOTE]

k... now i am less interested in some things.

Nice, nice. I'm going to get Assault Heroes since it's so cheap.
Did anyone ever download the Sonic theme? Does it look good? I'm considering it for that price.

Definitely going to pick up Catan. Maybe Assault Heroes and/or Golf: Tee It Up! though likely not.

EDIT: Well shit...i thought Catan was 300...500...ugh, we'll see.

Ok, that table he has up is stupid, I don't care about discount percentages. Removed everything except name / original price / BF price.

Only thing worth getting is Rez.

Would say the Crackdown DLC also but I already have that...& I doubt there is even 1 person still playing it :(

Already have Rez, Assault Heroes, and the Crackdown DLC.

The rest is crap.

EDIT - Assault Heroes is an awesome game and well worth it if you don't already have it.

In for Rez (finally), Arkandian Warriors and maybe Golf or Boogie Bunnies depending on how much other money I waste on Black Friday.

Rez baby Rez.

Rest sucks. And I almost feel bad for the folks who bought the new themes at full price only days ago.

[quote name='bart122580']Gold members only, lame.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I guess if MS doesn't want my money, that's fine. My attitude towards MS isn't helped by my 360 being in for repair now (I know I could buy online but I'd have to go Gold first anyway).

I'd be tempted to pick up Rez for that price but everything else is pretty blah. It's like they saw Sony's fall PSN sale and quickly threw something together.

Arcade Rez HD 800 500 37.5% 300

PERFECT, just the game I was hoping would go down in price. Was hoping for 400, but still well worth it. Just need to figure out how the left over points can be divided...

But I think the formatting in the original post is a bit off, isn't the second number the final price and the last number the amount it was reduced by?

[quote name='dallow']Rez baby Rez.

Rest sucks. And I almost feel bad for the folks who bought the new themes at full price only days ago.[/QUOTE]

I played Assault Heroes at my friend's house. It was pretty fun.

Ill pick up most of those games for those prices, but what ever happened to the 50% discounts on arcade games, ms is getting greedy for such old stuff.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I played Assault Heroes at my friend's house. It was pretty fun.[/quote]
That's actually the only other one I'm considering to be honest. People say it's good.

Arkadian Warriors is very fun. I played through the whole game over the summer.

I may bite on Rez and CC premium theme. I'm a sucker for themes and gamerpics.

I was hoping there would be a sale on Braid and the Penny Arcade stuff.

I'll probably pick up Rez.

And I have Assault Heroes already, it's definitely worth 250 points for any of you that don't already have it.

[quote name='Justin42']No kidding. I guess if MS doesn't want my money, that's fine. My attitude towards MS isn't helped by my 360 being in for repair now (I know I could buy online but I'd have to go Gold first anyway).

I'd be tempted to pick up Rez for that price but everything else is pretty blah. It's like they saw Sony's fall PSN sale and quickly threw something together.[/QUOTE]

Dude I am silver only but I found an old 48 hour card I never used in the original Ghost Recon. I'll load it up for Friday night just to download this content.

[quote name='retromufc']Dude I am silver only but I found an old 48 hour card I never used in the original Ghost Recon. I'll load it up for Friday night just to download this content.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, interesting point. I'll have to see if I can find any of the 48 hour cards and try to buy stuff on the PC side. Thanks for the tip!

Excellent. In for Catan and Arkadian Warriors and maybe in for the Rock Band stuff and Crackdown. It'd be nice to see a permanent drop on some of this stuff *coughForzacough* since there's a new game already out or around the corner.

I don't think the 48 hour trial cards will work for content like this since it pretty specifically locks you out of every normal Gold feature except for online multiplayer (and even then some games still restrict you from playing certain online modes with them, such as Halo 3). You can't download other gold-only marketplace stuff with a 48 hour trial, so I'd be surprised if it worked with this.

Your best bet would be to try to get a 1-month card from various games (early Live PC games almost always had them). Or make a new account with a 1-month of free gold and then it would at least work on the Xbox 360 it was downloaded with, although then it would be tied to a different account entirely so you might be in trouble if your system ever breaks down.

[quote name='Edge']I don't think the 48 hour trial cards will work for content like this since it pretty specifically locks you out of every normal Gold feature except for online multiplayer (and even then some games still restrict you from playing certain online modes with them, such as Halo 3). You can't download other gold-only marketplace stuff with a 48 hour trial, so I'd be surprised if it worked with this.

Your best bet would be to try to get a 1-month card from various games (early Live PC games almost always had them). Or make a new account with a 1-month of free gold and then it would at least work on the Xbox 360 it was downloaded with, although then it would be tied to a different account entirely so you might be in trouble if your system ever breaks down.[/QUOTE]

Those are both good points, I am going to try the 48 hour code and then I will make another account if it don't work. Thanks for the advice.

Awesome deals! I am definitely picking up Rez HD and Assault Heroes is a bargain at that price! I may even get that Metallica track pack for GH3...I haven't wanted to play that game for a while but this might get me to do it. Thanx, OP!

bread's done
Back