Batman Dark Knight Midnight Madness / Preorder now on BestBuy.com!!

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Best Buy is doing it, not sure who else is.

http://www.bestbuy.com/darkknight/

I am going for this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Dark_Knight&lp=9&type=product&cp=1&id=1934163

9137383.jpg

I just Pre-ordered for In store Pickup at BestBuy.com, too.

The Dark Knight Midnight Store Opening Locations

Stores will open at midnight December 8 (Monday night) for the Tuesday movie release. Those indicated with an asterisk will feature an expanded midnight event.

Locations are subject to change. Check with your store for full details.

Need directions? Use the Best Buy Store Locator.

Alabama
Huntsville
Mobile

Arizona
Avondale
Tucson
Yuma

California
Apple Valley
Arden Fair
Atwater Village
Blossom Hill
Burbank
Chico
Chula Vista
Citrus Heights
City of Industry
Colma
Corona
Costa Mesa
El Centro
Elk Grove
Fullterton
Irvine
Jamboree
Menifee
Mira Mesa
Mission Valley
Mission Viejo
Modesto
Natomas
Oceanside
Orange (Tustin St.)
Orange (Chapman Ave.)
Otay Ranch
Oxnard
Pasadena
Porter Ranch
Rancho Cucamonga
Riverside
Roseville
San Francisco*
Santa Clarita
Sherman Oaks*
Thousand Oaks
Torrance
Tustin
Union City*
Vallejo
West Covina
West Hollywood
West Los Angeles*
Westminster Mall
Woodland Hills*
Yorba Linda

Colorado
I-70 & Tower Road
Northglenn
SE Denver

Connecticut
West Hartford

Delaware
Christiana
Wilmington

Florida
Altamonte Springs
Dadeland*
Daytona Beach
Destin
Florida City
Fort Myers
Gainesville
Hialeah
Jacksonville
Jacksonville N
Kissimmee
Lady Lake
Margate
Melbourne
Miami
Ocala
Orange Park
Regency Mall
Sanford
Sawgrass-Plantation
Saint Petersburg
The Avenues
Waterford Lakes
West Kendall*
West Palm Beach
Winter Garden

Georgia
Acworth
Atlanta (Midtown)
Peach Tree City

Hawaii
Honolulu

Idaho
Twin Falls

Illinois
Algonquin
Arlington Heights
Bloomingdale
Bloomington
Bolingbrook
Champaign
Deerfield
DeKalb
Downers Grove North
Edwardsville
Geneva
Gurnee
Homewood
Joliet
Kankakee
Matteson
Naperville
North Avenue*
Randall Road
Rockford
Schaumburg
Tinley Park
Vernon Hills

Indiana
Bloomington
Greenwood
Highland
Merrillville
Muncie
South Bend
Valparaiso

Iowa
Cedar Rapids
Davenport
Des Moines
Jordan Creek
West Des Moines

Kansas
Olathe
Topeka

Kentucky
Bowling Green
Elizabethtown
Florence
St. Mathews*

Louisiana
Veterans Blvd.*

Maryland
Germantown
Hanover
Owings Mills
Rockville
Rosedale
Wheaton

Massachusetts
Marlborough
Saugus
Watertown

Michigan
Allen Park
Auburn Hills
Gratiot

Minnesota
Apple Valley
Mankato
Maplewood
Richfield*

Missouri
Benjamin Plaza
Lee's Summit
Mid Rivers Mall
South County

Mississippi
Southaven
Tupelo
Montana
Billings
Kalispell
Missoula

Nebraska
East Omaha
West Omaha

Nevada
Reno
Sparks

New Hampshire
Manchester

New Jersey
Cherry Hill
East Brunswick
Manahawkin
Manalapan
Monmouth Junction
Rockaway
Secaucus
Union
Woodbridge

New Mexico
Las Crucesbr

New York
86th & Lexington*
Albany
Amherst
Chelsea
Hartsdale
Henrietta
New York
Poughkeepsie
Staten Island
Syracuse
Westbury*

North Carolina
Greensboro
Hickory

Ohio
Canton
Fields Ertel
Hamilton
Heath
Mansfield
Parma
Sandusky
Toledo
Tri-County
Western Hills
Youngstown

Oregon
Salem

Pennsylvania
Century
Cranberry
Erie
Oxford Valley
South Hills
Stroudsburg
Wilkes Barre
York

Rhode Island
Middletown

South Carolina
Charleston
Columbiana Mall
Florence
Greenville
Lexington
Myrtle Beach
Two Notch

Tennessee
Antioc
Chattanooga
Rivergate

Texas
Baytown
Clear Lake
Corpus Christi
Fort Worth
Frisco (Eldorado Parkway)
Frisco (Preston Road)*
Galleria*
Hulen
Killeen
Lewisville
Lubbock
Mansfield
McAllen (Expressway 83)
McAllen (Jackson Road)*
Mesquite
North Arlington
North Fort Worth
Plano
Ridgmar
South Austin
South Fort Worth
Temple
Texarkana
West Oaks
West San Antonio
Willowbrook

Utah
American Fork
Logan
Murray
Riverdale
Washington

Virginia
Gainesville
Glen Allen
Mechanicsville
Princess Anne
Roanoke
Sterling*
Vienna
Virginia Beach
West Broad

Washington
Bellevue*
Bellingham
Burlington
Everett
Lynnwood*
Seattle (Northgate)
Spokane North
Tacoma*

Wisconsin
Bluemound Plaza
Eau Claire
Kenosha
West Madison

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really necessary? Not the thread, but the event? It's just another movie and it's not heading into a holiday or anything. I guess the stores are hoping Batman can save their fourth quarter.

I guess if you're really going all out for this movie and plan on picking up the batpod edition and both statuettes and all the other stuff, you can go the night before and try to secure it instead of trying to make it on your lunch break only to find that someone came in at opening and bought them all.

YES!!!

Batman the Dark Knight - BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER!!! As well as one of the BEST movies EVER, in any category!

[quote name='theflicker']Is this really necessary? Not the thread, but the event? It's just another movie and it's not heading into a holiday or anything. I guess the stores are hoping Batman can save their fourth quarter.

I guess if you're really going all out for this movie and plan on picking up the batpod edition and both statuettes and all the other stuff, you can go the night before and try to secure it instead of trying to make it on your lunch break only to find that someone came in at opening and bought them all.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this guy.

The Dark Knight better WIN some Oscars!

Warner to re-release 'The Dark Knight' on Jan 23 to movie theaters!!!

[quote name='62t']hmm local store is doing the expanded midnight event[/quote]

Same here...

Any Best Buy Insiders mind telling us what makes the "expanded midnight event" so special?

Last time I went to a "expanded" midnight launch at Best Buy was for GTA IV, and the Best Buy hogged all the goodies that were supposed to be given away... In the end I just got a whole lot of GTA IV stickers, but no T-Shirts or Music Download cards, which were given out at the other "Expanded" launches.

$15 dollars more than the standard blu-ray... is there anything else in there, like a bonus dvd or anything?? It's kinda cool but I don't know if I would pay $15 for the mask.

Yeah the darkknight was that deal...i thought the movie was long as hell..but good movie all the same.

[quote name='shrike4242']Remind me to avoid my local BB on Monday evening, as it's a midnight release store. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

sure dude, whats your cell number i'll give you a call at around 5pm to remind ya

[quote name='SuperJedi']I just pre-ordered it so I am guranteed the Mask edition Blu-ray!!! :D[/quote]

Normally those who pre-orders the Bestbuy Limited Edition Set always end up with a guaranteed left-over edition (meaning higher chances you will end up with a banged up/dented box of the said set)

This thread only invites more "HOARDERS" and "GREEDBAYERS" to ransack and hoard the limited sets from the mentioned Bestbuy stores - look the day after.. 150% markup value sold at ebay or amazon seller stores...

I don't know, but Batman Dark Knight is a Masterpiece so it will be a HOT Seller for sure!

I think it will be gone FAST!

As soon as Terminator is over at 9, I am out the door! BB sterling had a nice midnight release for the star wars trilogy 4 years ago. Giveaways and food!

[quote name='ITDEFX']As soon as Terminator is over at 9, I am out the door! BB sterling had a nice midnight release for the star wars trilogy 4 years ago. Giveaways and food![/QUOTE]

what were some of the giveway? was it worth it?

is there actually going to be lines for this? can i just walk in at midnight and be out?

is 23.99 going to be the instore price?

Is this the first movie to ever get a midnight sale? I remember getting the Lord of the Rings movies at midnight but that was at Meijer, who are open 24 hours anyway.

[quote name='62t']what were some of the giveway? was it worth it?[/quote]

Well if I remembered correctly they gave out free pizza, chips, drinks, had a radio station come out and play some music, had some sort of set up to play Battlefront 1. They would even ask if anyone wanted to come in and play for a bit. I forgot the other prizes, but one of them was one of those expensive light up light sabers (not the cheap kind).

While everyone was shopping around, a bunch of people got to the back of the store and saw ESB on a big screen.

I personally picked up the movies, battlefront 1 for the pc and was out the door in about an hour.

[quote name='SuperJedi']YES!!!

Batman the Dark Knight - BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER!!! As well as one of the BEST movies EVER, in any category![/quote]

Ironman

This is gonna turn into an Ironman/Batman fight huh?

Ironman wins for cool, great special effects.

However Batman wins for best story and acting.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Is this the first movie to ever get a midnight sale? I remember getting the Lord of the Rings movies at midnight but that was at Meijer, who are open 24 hours anyway.[/quote]

Iron Man was the last movie that got a 12midnight release from "Select" Bestbuy stores.

The real question is will this movie make the AFI top 100 next time they update it? i think it should in like a 70-100 capacity. Ledger just nails it that much.

No, it wont. There are much better movies that have come out even in the last year that would make it sooner than The Dark Knight.

[quote name='souleman96']No, it wont. There are much better movies that have come out even in the last year that would make it sooner than The Dark Knight.[/quote]

like pineapple express!

I work at Best Buy and I believe the only "real" giveaway were doing is a free tshirt for the first 25 people in line, but I am not sure if there are other smaller giveaways that I just haven't seen yet.

[quote name='souleman96']The real question is will this movie make the AFI top 100 next time they update it? i think it should in like a 70-100 capacity. Ledger just nails it that much.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='souleman96']No, it wont. There are much better movies that have come out even in the last year that would make it sooner than The Dark Knight.[/QUOTE]

Let's try to keep it civil in here, you two.

Meh. My stores opening at midnight, but not doing one of the special events. I can't imagine the standard blu ray selling out so I'll just wait and pick it up Tuesday morning or evening since I'm not interested in the SE or any of the toys.

[quote name='rahxephon01']Does the regular Blu-Ray Disc at Best Buy include the digital copy as well like the Amazon.com version?[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's standard and not a store exclusive.

[quote name='ErynKD']I work at Best Buy and I believe the only "real" giveaway were doing is a free tshirt for the first 25 people in line, but I am not sure if there are other smaller giveaways that I just haven't seen yet.[/quote]

Picture of this T-shirt, would be VERY helpful! :)

BTW, price for Replica Mask Edition (Blu-ray) on BestBuy.com now is $36.99!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yes. That's standard and not a store exclusive.[/quote]

I hope this is true. They always have vague pre-release descriptions of the items. I haven't been able to find another basic blu ray version, so I assume it is true.

Has anyone out there received their second confirmation e-mail from Best Buy for in-store pick-up? I placed my order for the BD masks and Batpod editions on Thursday and did not receive one yet. They still have time considering it comes out on Tuesday but I want to see that e-mail for reassurance in the worst way. :pray:

anyone care to speculate on the rarity of all the LE's... Joker mask, batman mask, bat pod, fye steelbook, futureshop bluray steelbook german amazon bluray steelbook? maybe a guess from most rare to most common? I'd guess

Rarest - bluray steelbook (futureshop/german amazon exclusive)
joker mask/batman mask (BB exclusive)
regular steelbook (FYE exclusive)
batpod (seems to be everywhere, though it is sold out on BB.com)

The movie was good, but Im tired of the fans. They are making me resent the film.

I dont get why fans get insane about this movie. They make crazy accusations about " Best film ever" ...."all other movies suck"..." Chris Nolan was birthed by angels"... yadda yadda...

Oy

[quote name='Lice']The movie was good, but Im tired of the fans. They are making me resent the film.

I dont get why fans get insane about this movie. They make crazy accusations about " Best film ever" ...."all other movies suck"..." Chris Nolan was birthed by angels"... yadda yadda...

Oy[/quote]

Christopher Nolan born by angels, now that's crazy!

The Dark Knight best film ever, now that's just fact! :D

[quote name='SuperJedi']Picture of this T-shirt, would be VERY helpful! :)
[/quote]

No pic, but my friend who works there said the shirt says HaHaHa a buncha times on the front with the words Dark Knight midnite release on the back. Plus he said there will also be Vote for Harvey Dent buttons too.

According to Speedy's weekly ad, the Batman mask / Joker mask edition of The Dark Knight is supposed to be $32.99 starting on the 14th. I'd suggest going back in and getting your $4 back starting on Sunday, if you paid $36.99 for it, or $7 back, if you paid $39.99 for it.

[quote name='crashnburn69']so whats the difference between the regular and expanded midnight opening?[/quote]
Exapnded gets goodies and whatnot, regular is just regular is guess...

Anyone heading out to West Kendall Miami FL?

hopefully someone who went to the launch can let those of us in the west coast know if it is worth going.

[quote name='HellKnightKilla']Exapnded gets goodies and whatnot, regular is just regular is guess...

Anyone heading out to West Kendall Miami FL?[/quote]

My friend might after his shift.

He lives in Kendall.

this is my first time going to a midnight release to a BestBuy event. I am looking forward to going but I might not there in time.
I have a couple of questions:
Will Bestbuy still be open at 12:30 in the morning so I can pick up the The Dark Knight Blu-ray?
What time do BestBuys usually close during any midnight event?
Do you guys think that the Batman/Joker Masks will sell out on the midnight releases?

bread's done
Back