Rock Revolution $19.99/$69.99 (360/PS3) on Amazon

Stryffe2004

CAGiversary!
This game has a good song list, even though they are covers. There are some interesting modes as well. May be worth a look for $20. The $70.00 set includes the seven head drum set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be noted that the drums obviously don't work with GHWT or RB1/2. The game might be worth $20 crap (statement retracted), but the drums are just more unnecessary clutter.

Just ... don't. I watched a stream of the game for about half an hour and it looks and sounds terrible. You are far, far better off putting that $20 toward Rock Band or GH, or DLC for said games.

I've heard the game is so god awful that it's not even worth playing for free. I'll pass but thanks for the heads-up.

Wow, I hadn't actually seen the drums yet (just heard bad things), but my God those are the dumbest looking things I've ever seen! What the hell kind of configuration is that??? It looks like dishes sitting on a coffee table. How could anyone even play these?

41ArLu1-ZUL._SS400_.jpg

I'm guessing the "watermelons" are supposed to be cymbals? And there's one giant drum pad in the middle? Seriously, WTF???

Looks closer to Drummania then Rock Band/Guitar Hero drums (which makes sense as both are Konami)
drum1.jpg

I might look at this for $10 when it drops to that but even $20 seems a bit much

Rock Revolution wouldnt even be worth $10 shipped. There is no such thing as a deal for this game, only if YOU got paid to take it.

Hate to say but I'll probably pick this up when I get the chance.. it'll probably go to $10 in a bargain bin soon enough... the covers don't necessarily bug me, sure we've been spoiled by master tracks with the latest games but everyone forgets GH started with a bunch of covers, some good, some bad...

Of course I haven't really seen much of the game in action (a few videos) so my ideas may change. ;)

Best Buy had it for $30 with a $15 gift card a while back, and I got it then. Honestly, I liked it more than GH4. Which isn't to say that it's good, so much that GH4 is bad. Still, if it had launched at $20, I think it would have been much better received. I didn't hate it. The covers are bad, but the gameplay's fun enough.

If you love your music games (like I do), get it. But please, please, PLEASE make sure you've got RB2 first.

[quote name='Corizzle']Looks closer to Drummania then Rock Band/Guitar Hero drums (which makes sense as both are Konami)[/quote]

Yeah, it's just...everything is basically on a flat surface. How can you drum like that? And the layout...I can't even guess where the toms would be, lol. I would think the set is upside down, with the "top" circle/watermelon combo being the snare/hi-hat...but the Konami logo is facing the right direction, so that's not the case. I think a kid would start crying if he saw these, haha.

[quote name='mxpowar']How about some links to make it easier for everyone else and so Cheapy can get paid?

PS3

Regular: http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Revoluti..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229111100&sr=8-2

W/ Drum Kit: http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Revoluti..._4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229111100&sr=8-4

X360

Regular: http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Revoluti..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229111100&sr=8-1

W/ Drum Kit: http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Revoluti...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1229111100&sr=8-5[/QUOTE]

Hey I am always down to help the site. Is that just copy and paste, or is there something special I need to do next time?

The drum kit truly is comical. They should have just released it as game-only only. No drum kit option (but compatible with RB and GH kits). They'd probably have gotten more sales. Maybe not a lot more, but at least they wouldn't have spent any money developing that ridiculous drum kit.

It looks like it is $19.99 at GS/EB too. I'd try it out used and pick up some easy cheese if I could find it, but it didn't sell at all at retail, so there are no used copies to be found anywhere.

[quote name='mkelehan']Best Buy had it for $30 with a $15 gift card a while back, and I got it then. Honestly, I liked it more than GH4. Which isn't to say that it's good, so much that GH4 is bad. Still, if it had launched at $20, I think it would have been much better received. I didn't hate it. The covers are bad, but the gameplay's fun enough.

If you love your music games (like I do), get it. But please, please, PLEASE make sure you've got RB2 first.[/QUOTE]

How can you not like WT? It's not perfect or anything, but it's the best GH to date by far and many things are actually done better than RB2 (star tracking and breaking down score tracking by difficulity, beginner mode, crystal notes, etc.). Yeah, the charts still suck, but WAY better than GH3, and it's just more fun for me than RB2, although I can't really tell you why that is. DLC is obviously better for RB, but GH is picking up the pace. Now if they'll just announce all DLC is forwards compatible..

I was considering this, but i went on youtube to check out the game play. The covers are terrible [, the charts are pretty sad as well and I don't think I could play this game if it was free, after playing the same songs on other games it just pales in comparison.

Highway Star- Deep Purple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70TlxpBYzIw
The scream wasn't bad, but after that the vocals just made me laugh.

All the small things- blink 182
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opim40bNPU8&feature=related

And if you like The Who, you are in for a treat;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXoyi7NPJMI&feature=related

[quote name='Chargers1987']Why is this game so bad? is it just another rip off of rock band but worse?
CAGsmily%21.gif
[/quote]

Konami actually came out with the Drum/Guitar rhythm games first, only they were never released in the US.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Hey I am always down to help the site. Is that just copy and paste, or is there something special I need to do next time?[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, you just copy and paste and the links automatically get cheapified or whatever so Cheapy gets the kickbacks. Although in this case, it might have been a waste of time since I don't think anyone's gonna buy this. :)

[quote name='mietha']How can you not like WT? It's not perfect or anything, but it's the best GH to date by far and many things are actually done better than RB2 (star tracking and breaking down score tracking by difficulity, beginner mode, crystal notes, etc.). Yeah, the charts still suck, but WAY better than GH3, and it's just more fun for me than RB2, although I can't really tell you why that is. DLC is obviously better for RB, but GH is picking up the pace. Now if they'll just announce all DLC is forwards compatible..[/quote]

You HAVE to be kidding me. The best GH to date? It's by far the worst. I absolutely HATED Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, and Aerosmith is infinitely better than WT. World Tour was the strongest indication I've ever seen of a destroyed franchise. And theres no possible way you can reasonably say it's better than Guitar Hero II, which is by far the best GH to date.

[quote name='jello44']Konami actually came out with the Drum/Guitar rhythm games first, only they were never released in the US.[/quote]
Oh piss off!

They might've been the first, but they're last to the party and now they're just copying the layout and style of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Just because they were the first, doesn't mean shit if they release a half assed product for the states.

Picked this up for $15 from the Best Buy sale a few weeks ago. Very average, but I did get some fun out of it. In hindsight, I would not pay that much for the game. This is only a bargain basement title for those mildly interested. Konami started the genre, but have fallen so far behind it's sad. They still have their DDR cash cow to fall back on in the music field.

K-Mart had huge stacks of the drum kit for this game. I'm guessing future clearance fodder as nobody is going to buy those except for parents mistakenly thinking it's Rock Band.

I found $20 on the floor at best buy and figured one man's trash can be spent on trash for me. So I got RR for free. I honestly didn't mind it once I got used to it, but now that I've beaten the living hell out of it for drums, I could care less.

looks ok but i dont think ill bite the 20 price.. maybe if its $10 or something. i didnt know that the songs were covers..

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, the charts still suck[/quote]

This, and this alone makes it far from perfect. Much like what I did with GH3, I bought and sold GH:WT within a month. I'm convinced this is the last GH I buy at full retail price... even if GH:M is tempting. :roll:

[quote name='bardockkun']Oh piss off!

They might've been the first, but they're last to the party and now they're just copying the layout and style of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Just because they were the first, doesn't mean shit if they release a half assed product for the states.[/quote]
Wow, someone forget to take their meds today.

The guy was simply stating a fact.

[quote name='Shady3011']You think those covers are bad? You ain't seen poop yet.

Behold! The ultimate poop sandwich!

In conclusion, don't buy this. I'd probably pick it up at $10 to mess around with for some insane reason.[/quote]

AHAHAHAHA. I was listening to it and I was like "hey this isn't to bad." Then the "singing" started and I about died at what sounds like a pre-pubescent Dane Cook.

I'll definitely pick this up if it ever gets around $10. It has a pretty good setlist, even if the covers suck.

[quote name='Irukandji']AHAHAHAHA. I was listening to it and I was like "hey this isn't to bad." Then the "singing" started and I about died at what sounds like a pre-pubescent Dane Cook.[/QUOTE]

LMAO-- I really hate that song and his voice anyway, so in a way this is an improvement!

Oh man that video was hilarious.

I called my best friend/podcast co-host and told him I was going to pick this up at GameStop tomorrow, since they also dropped it to $19.99, and I'm sitting on ~$26ish in credit still. He was like I want to go with you when you buy it so I can punch you. Needless to say, I will be getting punched tomorrow.

Does this have any kind of online play?

[quote name='bardockkun']Oh piss off!

They might've been the first, but they're last to the party and now they're just copying the layout and style of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Just because they were the first, doesn't mean shit if they release a half assed product for the states.[/quote]

Copied the layout and style?

Well, you have to understand first this is not a Konami product. It's PUBLISHED by them, but developed by Zoe Mode, a totally-NOT Konami company. Being published means they don't have to be worried about getting sued. (2D gems = Konami patent. 3D gems = Harmonix patent)

Yes, Konami predates it all, but MTV licensing prevented them from later releases in the USA. (Remember the MTV Drum Machine? Wii Music is more of a game)

So it's both a predecessor AND a knock-off AND a pile of donkey dookie.

[quote name='mietha']How can you not like WT? It's not perfect or anything, but it's the best GH to date by far and many things are actually done better than RB2 (star tracking and breaking down score tracking by difficulity, beginner mode, crystal notes, etc.). Yeah, the charts still suck, but WAY better than GH3, and it's just more fun for me than RB2, although I can't really tell you why that is. DLC is obviously better for RB, but GH is picking up the pace. Now if they'll just announce all DLC is forwards compatible..[/QUOTE]

1. The best GH to date by far is GH2. After GH3, GHA, and GH4, I think it may be that way forever.
2. Beginner mode isn't necessary. I start people on Easy, and they do fine. Sometimes people fail the first song, but they always - ALWAYS - come back to try again and pass, including the very young and very old. Beginner in GH4 doesn't do anything to teach you how to play higher levels. It's not a stepping stone; it's a waste of time.
3. The fact that the charts still suck is pretty much the end of the story. If it's not fun, I'm out.

If we're talking about just the guitar part, I prefer RB2 hands-down. Just guitar. Only playing guitar. If you take the whole band into account, then it's simply no contest. GH4 just felt like work to me. If Rebel Yell was RB DLC, I'd have no reason to boot it up again.

[quote name='twen']Does this have any kind of online play?[/QUOTE]
Sure does, but I have yet to see a single other person online.

I plan to pick it up eventually, but I REALLY wish Konami would just release a new GuitarFreaks/Drummania CS already!

It's been like a year and a half since V3 came out on PS2 yet V6 just came out in arcades! :shock:

[quote name='jpw21683']Wow, someone forget to take their meds today.

The guy was simply stating a fact.[/quote]
And I'm stating that this whole game was made just to rip off Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Like I said, just because they invented "the rhythm game" doesn't excuse them from making a game to cash in on the whole plastic instrument craze.

[quote name='bardockkun']And I'm stating that this whole game was made just to rip off Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Like I said, just because they invented "the rhythm game" doesn't excuse them from making a game to cash in on the whole plastic instrument craze.[/quote]

:roll: Welcome to the world of money. As far as Konami is concerned, they started the genre, and they should have a piece of the pie. Simple as that.

I was considering getting this, because the playlist interests me, but if the covers are really this awful, fuck it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']:roll: Welcome to the world of money. As far as Konami is concerned, they started the genre, and they should have a piece of the pie. Simple as that.
[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make this game any less FUBARed.

Never said or suggested it did. Merely pointing out that Konami has as much right, if not more, as any company to try and cash in on the movement. It isn't like they are the first company to release a crappy knockoff of a popular game or genre. If we started the list now, we might be done by Christmas.

[quote name='Hoffer']In for one. It may be the worst game ever, but I really feel like trying it.[/quote]

Makes perfect sense :)

bread's done
Back