Circuit City Blu-ray's

Yeah most of the Blu-ray are not 29.99 its mostly 39.99... so 30% off that price sucks.. since you can get most of them 10$ cheaper anyplace else.

Same at my CC. The distributors usually take these back if not sold, so there is no hurry for them to mark them down with some crazy %. I work for major distributor. By the time there is any significant % off, they are all gone, either because customers love to overpay, or are impulse-buying, or because they were boxed up and returned. There were some decent deals on SLR camera items and other stuff, but generally liquidation sales stink.

Good to know it's not worthwhile. The local CC was always a cesspool, and I'm sure it's worse now during the closeout.

Blu-rays were all I had any interest in checking out, so now I won't bother setting foot in there.

Yeah, even at 30-40% off, everything in their stores are still overpriced. It's hard to believe people are in there buying crap. I have yet to find a single deal and I've been there every Sunday since the announcement.

I went to CC the week they announced closings, 10% off initially, was disappointed left, Now I heard they are upto 30% off, have to go back.
iy.gif

iy.gif

As of last Saturday, my Circuit City had already shipped off all their Blu-Rays. They are closing on the 15th.

I was a bit miffed, as their DVD discount was already at 40%. Still probably wouldn't have been worth it, though.

[quote name='jpw21683']As of last Saturday, my Circuit City had already shipped off all their Blu-Rays. They are closing on the 15th.

I was a bit miffed, as their DVD discount was already at 40%. Still probably wouldn't have been worth it, though.[/quote]

jpw, you are right.Amazon's every day % off beats this on a majority of their products, plus there is no tax (for almost everyone).

Their regular prices were something awful, but their sale prices were sometimes the best around, if not most of the time.

I went to the Circuit City around here, yesterday, at Blu-ray discs were still merely 25% off. Compare that to 30% off for regular DVDs.

For the most part, the prices suck. Horribly.

I picked up The Rock @30% since it came out to roughly the same price as Amazon and Wally World.

I'm gonna try to pick up a few more Blu-rays over the weekend if I get a chance since they will be 40% then.

I drove by the one near me and people outside had signs saying 50% off. I only saw one deal a few weeks back that I wanted and that was Battlestar Galactica season 2.5. It was about 5 bucks cheaper then best buy and even amazon. It was about the same as amazon after tax but for me it was worth it. However the BDs are not at the prices they want. I might check them out if they have them at 50% off but I don't think that is going to be for them.

[quote name='xmunitalp']I picked up BladeRunner BR for 24.XX.

Good price since this set never goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Actually I've seen it numerous times at $25. But still worth it.

If I can get home for the weekend from college, I may go back to CC and get some at 40%. When I was there last weekend they still had Indiana Jones and a few others.

[quote name='UndyingForce']I saw the Matrix collection on Blu ray for 40% off 110.00. It beats Amazon's price. Is this still a good deal?[/quote]
I'd assume not since you can get the region free UK version of all 3 movies (minus the Animatrix) for ~$36 shipped from amazon.co.uk

[quote name='SuperJedi']They have Lost, Heroes Blu-ray anymore at CC?[/quote]

Not sure about Heroes, but I did see Lost: Season 3 on Blu-ray at CC today and if $59.99 sounds like a good price to you, I've got a website for you called Amazon. Oh, and $59.99 is WITH 40% off.

(not being sarcastic to you, it's just annoying that even with 40% off the Blu-ray deals are terrible).

Anyone looking for good deals on Blu-rays on CC, don't bother. $24.99 BDs are the only ones worth a damn (since they would be $15 each with 40% off) but those titles are so frequently part of a 2 for $30 deal that it's not even worth it then.

[quote name='UndyingForce']I saw the Matrix collection on Blu ray for 40% off 110.00. It beats Amazon's price. Is this still a good deal?[/quote]

I know this sounds stupid, but ever think of investing in a HD-DVD player? You can probably score one cheap for $50 or less, then just buy the Matrix Collection for $12. As it pertains to all three films themselves, same transfer as the Blu-ray version.

Yeah, the Blu-Rays are down to 40% off but most of the prices are still too high for the stuff that was left at my store, as they were the $10 walmart deals and such that were still in the rack. They had a bunch of Lost S3 BR at $59.99. I guess thats better than 100$

I was at the CC in Somerville, MA last night and they had a lot of blu-rays still, but not a lot of variety. Many many copies of some titles. Nothing that I really wanted.

Although they did have hundreds of copies of The Dark Night on DVD...

^ yeah 4 real. Sex and the city too at mine... is it just me or were ya'lls circuit cities better stocked now that they're liquidating than they were when they were in business? (slightly less organized though)

40 % percent off blu-rays here in Columbus, OH. Was at the Polaris location. Lots of House of Wax and Eragon copies. Bought Chicago for $17.99 after discount.

Also: Bought Fallout 3 for PS3 for $36.99 after discount. Also lots of good deals on CDs (40 percent off).

Decided to finally stop by my local Circuit City in TN yesterday. Apparently they are closing early because they had a sign up that said "Final 2 Days" or something along those lines.

They had NOTHING. They had some fixtures, CDs and a few other things but no Blu-Rays.

[quote name='scottkirschman']40 % percent off blu-rays here in Columbus, OH. Was at the Polaris location. Lots of House of Wax and Eragon copies. Bought Chicago for $17.99 after discount.

Also: Bought Fallout 3 for PS3 for $36.99 after discount. Also lots of good deals on CDs (40 percent off).[/quote]

Can you recall any other blu-rays they had?

I saw a sign above the regular DVDs saying 75% off christmas DVDs (which included polar express). I asked an employee and he said it didn't count towards the blu-ray version. However, I decided to try my luck and told the cashier that it was 75% off. Without hesitation, he did a price override and I picked up Polar Express BR for 6.25.

I went to my local closing CC this weekend, and found something funny. I saw several Blu copies of "Bridge to Terabithia" which had Wal-Mart price stickers on them. I read in an article at Consumerist.com that sometimes the liquidation companies buy out clearance stock from one store and then shift it to a store in liquidation because people become zombies when they see "40% OFF", and will buy anything. Those copies of "Bridge" were probably on clearance at Wal-Mart, and now are likely marked up higher. Too bad I don't have a cell phone camera or I'd send it to Consumerist - it would probably make the front page.

By the way, with all of the discs 40%, pretty much all the Blu's were either $15, $17, or $21. However they are the same (older) movies that can be found at Amazon for $14.99, $17.99, and $20.99. Actually, I almost bought Monster House for $17 (it's $21 at Amazon). Even that's not really a steal though.

[quote name='SakBee']Does anyone know if they will go lower than 40% and if so, when?[/QUOTE]

I think they raise the percentage off every Thursday, so I'm guessing they may get up to 50% off tomorrow. Don't quote me on that though.

[quote name='PopcornBandit']I think they raise the percentage off every Thursday, so I'm guessing they may get up to 50% off tomorrow. Don't quote me on that though.[/quote]

Yeah, Thursday seems to be the day things happen.

They are 40% at my local CC. Still not worth picking up. A $25 blu is $15 + tax. Amazon still has better prices on most blu rays.

Thanks for the reply guys. I think I'll pick up my last blurays at CC when they drop it to 50%... New blurays for $12-$15 isn't bad at all.

[quote name='SakBee']Thanks for the reply guys. I think I'll pick up my last blurays at CC when they drop it to 50%... New blurays for $12-$15 isn't bad at all.[/quote]

There are some Blu that they still list at 34.99 and 39.99.

I'm gonna pick up Chicago, Planet of the Apes, Click!, Harry Potter Movies, Training Day, 10,000 BC, and iRobot...all are priced between 24.99 and 29.99 respectively.

[quote name='SakBee']I'm gonna pick up Chicago, Planet of the Apes, Click!, Harry Potter Movies, Training Day, 10,000 BC, and iRobot...all are priced between 24.99 and 29.99 respectively.[/quote]

Not to hate or anything (and I enjoy tons of bad movies), but 10,000 BC?!? Really?!? I don't think I'd want that in my collection for free...

bread's done
Back