XBLA - Worms 2: Armageddon - 800pts - Battle Pack DLC 7/7 400pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
4863_109294938063_64566768063_2888658_1234835_n.jpg

Light up the midsummer sky as WORMS 2: ARMAGEDDON hits Xbox Live Arcade!

WORMS™ has been one of the most successful and consistent Xbox Live titles since it’s launch in March 2007 and now it’s back, bigger and better than ever for this stunning and feature packed new edition.

Worms 2: Armageddon builds upon the fine heritage of the cult 1999 hit ‘Worms Armageddon’ by massively extending the feature set of the original, award-winning WORMS and including the majority of the cult WORMS ARMAGEDDON feature set as well as a raft of exciting new weapons and game content, modes and extensions (many of which featured in the highly rated ‘Open Warfare 2’ editions)

Offering hundreds of hours of replay value, engaging single player campaign, tons of player customisation, laugh-out-loud multiplayer escapades and leaderboard challenges, Worms 2: Armageddon should prove even more popular than the original WORMS for Live Arcade!
Team17 listened hard to the fans response and have delivered in spades, with cult weapons returning, amazing new weapons, incredible customisation of Worms teams (including around 60 voice sets, hats and more), tons of game options, totally new physics & more dynamic play, persistent fire and much, much more.

SENSATIONAL NEW WEAPONS!
• Sentry Gun! Defend your position with this deadly guardian.
• Electro Magnet! Attract or repel deadly metallic explosives with this unique item.
• Bunker Buster! Use this vertical missile to dig out enemy Worms that have snuck away!
• Buffalo Of Lies! The Donkey’s nemesis, this Trojan Buffalo will cause havoc!
• Super Bunker Buster! Devastating below ground charge!

RETURNING CULT FAVOURITES FROM ARMAGEDDON (in addition to all WORMS weapons)
• Super Sheep! Take your fluffy flocking friend to the air! A controllable, flying super sheep!
• Holy Hand Grenade! Hallelujah! The Deity’s weapon of choice!
• Concrete Donkey! It’s back! As mad and wildly destructive as ever!
• Napalm! Love the smell of burning Worms in the morning?
• Petrol Bomb! This cocktail packs a mighty roasting for enemies. Lob one today.
• Armageddon! Not quite the end as we know it, but it could be for your enemies!
• Parachute! A roper’s best friend! Drop huge heights with wind assist…
• Drill! Dig to victory with the pneumatic drill.
• Baseball Bat. Whack out enemy Worms for a home run cheer!
• Earthquake! Can you rumble the opponent?
• Poison Strike! Germ warfare!

NEW GAME FEATURES
• All new high definition, widescreen artwork
• Reworked audio-visuals throughout
• Fire! Persistent fire eats and burns away the landscape. Hot stuff.
• Crazy Crates! Start with basic weapons and shop as you go!
• Fort Mode! Start teams on your own bases.
• Rope Racing mode.
• Massively enhanced & improved game physics & reactions.
• Speedier, more direct gameplay.
• All new high-definition audio (sound effects, music)
• Speak your mind! Massive variety of comedy voice sets with many all new.
• All new crazy achievements.
• All new extensive customisation, Worm Hats, voices, graves, dances, colours, forts!
• Uses NXE Avatars to reflect game status in game!
• All new Single Player adventure combines death matches and puzzles.
• Win tokens in the all-new 30 chapter single player campaign to win prizes in the game SHOP, unlock new landscapes, voices, hats and more.
• Enhanced CPU AI for more challenging single player games.
• Improved online handling, including host migration for network play.
• All new leaderboards and leaderboard objectives.

NEW GAMEPLAY LEVELS
• 5 all new landscapes graphical types modelled on the original Armageddon style. Battle in Medieval England, Cheese Moon, Construction site and more.
• 130 base landscape styles (compared to just six on original) for diverse play levels.
• Vertical Levels! Play on tall, narrow strips or caverns as well as traditional ‘wide’ levels.
• Mix combinations of landscape type, style, your own game rules and more to create thousands of possible levels and hundreds, if not thousands of hours of replay value.

WORMS 2: ARMAGEDDON launches on Wednesday 1st of July, at an amazing value of 800 MSP.

About Team17
Team17 are an independent UK developer-publisher based in Yorkshire, UK, which was founded in 1990. This northern UK studio has a fine history of entertaining titles and its portfolio includes Worms™, Alien Breed, Superfrog, Body Blows and others. Alongside Worms™, two new IP’s are in development and its fantastic, reworked IP, “Alien Breed Evolution” will hit Xbox Live later in 2009.

About Worms™
A phenomenal success on practically every platform launched, this title continues to delight and amuse players globally. The Xbox Live Arcade edition, released March 2007 has spent most of it’s time in the weekly sales top-10 and has gone on to be one of the biggest successes on the Live platform. The spectacular new edition of Worms 2: Armageddon, is initially exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=64566768063&topic=9363#/note.php?note_id=119444625265&ref=mf

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so looking forward to Worms on XBLA but I thought it has problems. But I will still be buying this new one on day 1 cause I am a sucker.

Holy crap...Worms Armageddon. My first addiction. In '99, I had an elite ranking, a roping clan of my creation, a website with the best maps selection available... (KaiserSoze was my handle then -- when I didn't know how it was spelled in Usual Suspects). It single-handedly killed my grades that year. I finally had to quit cold turkey.

Holy crap. Now that I am gainfully employed, do I dare download it?

I've kept Worms Armageddon installed on every computer I've had since it was released. I still play it all the time. I bought Worms on XBL when the price dropped to 400 points, but I've hardly played it because it seemed so limited compared to what I was used to with Armageddon.

This will almost definitely be a Day 1 buy for me.

I'm definitely going to buy this, Worms XBLA was my first Worms game (how the heck did I miss it?) and I've probably put about 20-30 hours into it playing local multiplayer. Great stuff. So this game has a lot more weapons, right?

figures...i held off on buying worms because i was hoping they'd release armageddon or world party on live, then i finally caved and bought it a couple months ago....

Day one for me. This game, assuming the super banana bomb is still present, will be tits. Why can't they just release it Friday though? I want to play it this weekend :cry:.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']figures...i held off on buying worms because i was hoping they'd release armageddon or world party on live, then i finally caved and bought it a couple months ago....[/QUOTE]

You spent $5 on a great game... I think you'll be OK.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Holy crap...Worms Armageddon. My first addiction. In '99, I had an elite ranking, a roping clan of my creation, a website with the best maps selection available... (KaiserSoze was my handle then -- when I didn't know how it was spelled in Usual Suspects). It single-handedly killed my grades that year. I finally had to quit cold turkey.

Holy crap. Now that I am gainfully employed, do I dare download it?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me with Gunbound. I used to play ALL the time when I was in grade school and tell my mom it was part of a math project. I doubt she bought it but I thought I was the sneakiest kid in the world.

Anyways, if I have the first Worms, should I bother downloading this? I play it with friends once or twice a week, and that's about it. I think there are a few other arcade games I'd rather spend $10 on. Great game though.

hahahaha are they giving this one an "M" rating? I only ask because of that gun-in-mouth pic, I mean these days the ratings are more strict about guns than anything else.

Anyway I would have liked some more add-on content for the first game, which had a curiously bare weapon selection (but got paid DLC for inconsequential things like voices and wallpaper), but I'm pretty sure I'll still be dropping the points for this one. They seem to have added a lot of new stuff, and I'll always have a soft spot for Team 17 going back to my Commodore Amiga days!

Even if this one is missing a few things from Worms World Party, it seems like there's enough new features to offset those omissions and make this the definitive Worms game. I wonder why they stuck with the name "Armageggon"? I think they're doing themselves a disservice using a title from an older Worms game.

This should hopefully turn out to be what the first Worms XBLA title should have been. I never purchased it because of how limited it was compared to Worms Armageddon for the PC. This should be a day one purchase, my MS Points are READY!

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'll always have a soft spot for Team 17 going back to my Commodore Amiga days![/QUOTE]

Now that's what I'm talking about. Alien Breed and Full Contact for the win!

[quote name='Orgymang']This should hopefully turn out to be what the first Worms XBLA title should have been. I never purchased it because of how limited it was compared to Worms Armageddon for the PC. This should be a day one purchase, my MS Points are READY![/QUOTE]

Yeah unfortunately I think I thought I *was* getting the best DC/PC one I knew, and I didn't =b

800pts smarter, do I give them another? See what my buddy does.
If he's in, I am.

If the AI is anything like the first one, I'll be passing on this. The first one was almost unplayable until they patched it, and even then it wasn't all that much better. There is no way that the AI should be able to nail you with every shot on every map, given any possible condition.

:whee:

Tomorrow!

I'm still waiting for a complete weapons :bomb:. I'm surprised one isn't up yet. From what i've read you can purchase more weapons through DLC on day 1 (super fail if true).

[quote name='mtxbass1']If the AI is anything like the first one, I'll be passing on this. The first one was almost unplayable until they patched it, and even then it wasn't all that much better. There is no way that the AI should be able to nail you with every shot on every map, given any possible condition.[/QUOTE]

No but it was damn satisfying beating that game (prior to the patch). Anyone that beat it after should have an asterisks next to their achievements. :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']If the AI is anything like the first one, I'll be passing on this. The first one was almost unplayable until they patched it, and even then it wasn't all that much better. There is no way that the AI should be able to nail you with every shot on every map, given any possible condition.[/QUOTE]
That shit was obnoxious.

This game is awesome, so much better. It even has them achievement check list things that people love. The new weapons are awesome, Great game.

I was up till 1:30am and it didn't go up :whistle2:(...I tried purchasing it through XBOX.com this morning and it was down.

I'll definitely give this a shot as soon as I get home from work this evening.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I tried purchasing it through XBOX.com this morning and it was down.
[/QUOTE]

Still down. Oh well, I guess I'll have to queue it up from the console. I can't recall the last time I actually bought something without using the website. :lol:

[quote name='Logg']This game is awesome, so much better. It even has them achievement check list things that people love. The new weapons are awesome, Great game.[/QUOTE]

I know! I was so damn surprised by how much *more* was in this game. Still nowhere near as complete as the actual Worms Armageddon or World Party, but it's pretty fleshed out in its own right. Achievement checklist is nice, the campaign is pretty solid, so many more weapons than the original. Just wish they'd have more map skins! And more missions ala PC Worms Armageddon.

I think my friends and I are gonna be playing drinking games to the Artillery Mode settings with this one for a good long while :) Maybe finally replace Pocket Tanks...

This is basically what Starcraft II will be like. It's a nice pretty presentation/effects, more things to play with and tighter gameplay yet mostly its the same and I don't mind at all. This game rocks but I've loved Worms Armageddon. The AI is so fast in this one that often times they're moving the worms before the camera positions on them. Gotta love all the new weapons that we can finally use on the 360.

There aren't any set maps since the maps are randomly generated. There are map skins and as for how many I don't know. I would assume that'd be what the future dlc would be since the last worms game had that dlc anyway.

[quote name='Spybreak8']There aren't any set maps since the maps are randomly generated. There are map skins and as for how many I don't know. I would assume that'd be what the future dlc would be since the last worms game had that dlc anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm asking about map skins. I know the last one had 3 and within weeks they had 2 more available for 150 points each. I'm hoping there are more than 3 this time?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yeah, I'm asking about map skins. I know the last one had 3 and within weeks they had 2 more available for 150 points each. I'm hoping there are more than 3 this time?[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong...but I think you start with ~3. Well, however many you can start with, there are I believe 6 additional ones you can purchase with the gold you earn playing the single player campaign as well.

I'm guessing not, but does anyone know for sure if it's possible to play online combined with local multiplayer? Like 2 people on one xbox, and 2 more over live?

MjC

Midway through campaign. Pretty fun, just wish the multiplayer experience was a bit better. Can't find anyone on Standard/Pro, but I find ones with crazy-butt settings that make it way too easy for everyone. 2-min time limit, like 10x ninja rope and 10x jetpacks, etc, etc. Bah.

[quote name='shinryuu']Midway through campaign. Pretty fun, just wish the multiplayer experience was a bit better. Can't find anyone on Standard/Pro, but I find ones with crazy-butt settings that make it way too easy for everyone. 2-min time limit, like 10x ninja rope and 10x jetpacks, etc, etc. Bah.[/QUOTE]

Yea ditto.

I'm stuck on one of the challenge levels where you have the electromagnets and no weapons but yourself at 125 health and a mine nearby.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea ditto.

I'm stuck on one of the challenge levels where you have the electromagnets and no weapons but yourself at 125 health and a mine nearby.[/QUOTE]

I'm stuck on that level too.

The ranked matchmaking is definitely somewhat busted. Team17 is pretty good about patching their stuff though, so if people post about the problems on their forums, it'll surely be fixed.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea ditto.

I'm stuck on one of the challenge levels where you have the electromagnets and no weapons but yourself at 125 health and a mine nearby.[/QUOTE]

Dunno if you want the help or not, so I'll wrap the solution in a spoiler tag (if this is the one in question, might be another like it I'm forgetting):

Teleport down to the football next to the other worm. Place the girder vertically in the gap to the right of you, so that the 'tube' of land is completely sealed off. Place the magnet right next to the other worm, along the wall to your left. Use the other teleporter to get you back over to where you started. Now, use your fire punch or whatever to knock the mine over to the worm. The trick with this is to use the fire punch immediately when you set the alarm on the mine off, when it flashes. If you move right next to it, you'll knock it too far out. So maybe inch your way up until the thing starts blinking, then use your fire punch.

[quote name='Megaten']Dunno if you want the help or not, so I'll wrap the solution in a spoiler tag (if this is the one in question, might be another like it I'm forgetting):

Teleport down to the football next to the other worm. Place the girder vertically in the gap to the right of you, so that the 'tube' of land is completely sealed off. Place the magnet right next to the other worm, along the wall to your left. Use the other teleporter to get you back over to where you started. Now, use your fire punch or whatever to knock the mine over to the worm. The trick with this is to use the fire punch immediately when you set the alarm on the mine off, when it flashes. If you move right next to it, you'll knock it too far out. So maybe inch your way up until the thing starts blinking, then use your fire punch.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanks, I was doing it all wrong lol. I kinda enjoy the challenge levels as they break up the monotony a little.

bread's done
Back