How Big's your Backlog

homersteve

CAGiversary!
I was counting my backlog games and I have 130. Between ps2, ps3, xbox360, xbox, gamecube, wii, not to mention my psp games which I haven't counted. I feel terrible I have these and how much a waste of money, at least if I don't ever get to play them. I have a habit of waiting for the games to go cheap then buying 4 or 5 at a time. I wonder how I compare to others. So post you number of games in your backlog and help me feel better. Thanks:lol:

30-40 I imagine some of my games will never actually be played, but as with all collections, it's just satisfying to own them. It doesn't help when I have a day like yesterday that I devoted to just gaming and spend 8 hours straight playing SR2.. not mixing it up at all :D

I have about 8-10 games, several of which are unopened. I also collect retro games, and I've not played through many of them. Most of them were purchased around Black Friday from Amazon. Others are just random deals from Amazon and such.

I personally don't think one should feel terrible unless you're failing to pay your rent or feed your family due to your collect. Sure, I've taken some student loans as an undergraduate, but I'm able to pay on those loans, pay for my graduate school tuition (earned an assistantship that pays for most of it), buy the necessities, and still collect games to some degree. I don't know if that helps the terrible feeling, but that's how I sleep at night. :D Just my $0.02.

Here are the systems that I own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, PSP, NDS, GBA, Sega Dreamcast, & PS1. Total amount of backlog games: 430 and climbing! Lord Help Me!

Tiny.

Have Fable 2 and Fallout 3 on the shelf untouched, and Left 4 Dead on the way from Goozex.

Just finished Oblivion so I'll be moving on to one of these next, probably play Fable 2 and play Left 4 Dead with my roommate.

I pretty much just get games off of Goozex these days and don't request a whole lot as I hated having a back log last gen. But I've never had a backlog of more than 5-10 games. Just never saw the point of buying games I didn't have time to play.

Mine isn't that bad because of me getting rid of stuff when I don't play it anymore so I would have to say that it is at 5 right now but all of my games are open. The main thing I need to finish playing is Fallout 3 on PS3 but I spend most of my gaming time playing my multiplayer games at the moment.

About 50 right now including the games I'm part way into, but it used to be much bigger. I decided a little while ago to catch up on my backlog and stop buying so many new games, and I'm actually making good progress. At the rate I'm going, I may even be caught up by the end of the year. I've already beat 18 games in 2009!

2....I have 5 games I've beaten 1 of them, 1 is online only, and 1 is Madden witch you don't reall "beat". The other two have single player mode that I have played for both but havent really touched.

About 65, though at the beginning of the year I was around 90 so I'm making good progress. I've only added 3 this year, beaten 19, and sold 5 or 6. By the end of this year I should be at least under 20 :D.

Wow, some of you guys have massive backlogs.

It's rare for me to have a backlog over 5 games long. Currently I only have Evil Dead: Regeneration & Yakuza 2. But I agree with dmaul114, I don't buy games that I know will sit around & collect dust.

make people take pictures.....

my backlog includes all the games from my gamecube collection about 9, DMC1-3, GTA4, Okami, FF12, Resistance 2, gears 1 and 2, uncharted

glad i can name 80% of them :D

PS2
God of War 1
God of War 2
Okami

PS3
Orange Box
Bioshock
Mirror's Edge
Alone in the Dark: Inferno
RE5
Darkness
Sonic's Genesis Collection
Mercs 2
Condemned 2
Killzone 2
Dead Space
Fallout 3
LittleBigPlanet
DMC4

DS
Final Fantasy 4

It's really a bitch. These are all my unfinished games:

DS:

Advance Wars Dual Strike (most of the way through)
Chrono Trigger
Deep Labyrinth (finished the first game, still have the second to play through)
Dementium: The Ward
Jump! Ultimate Stars
Megaman ZX
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
Resident Evil DS
Retro Game Challenge
SNK vs Capcom: Cardfighters Clash

PSP:

Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos (finished the first scenario but still have two left)
Ape Escape: On the Loose (Nearly finished)
Crisis Core (Most of the way through)
Crush
Death Jr. 2
Disgaea
GTA: Vice City Stories
Jeanne D'arc
Metal Gear AC!D 2
Monster Hunter Freedom
Patapon
Prince of Persia: Revelations
Silent Hill Origins
Tales of the World: RM
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Tokobot
Wipeout Pure

360:

Banjo Kazooie XBLA
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bully
GTA IV
Kameo: Elements of Power
Half-life 2 Episode 2
Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1
Prey
Splinter Cell Double Agent

PS3:

Mirror's Edge

Xbox:

Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future
Pyschonauts
Shenmue II
KOTOR

GBA:

Final Fantasy II
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
A Link to the Past
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 5
Metroid Fusion
Phantasy Stars I-III
Super Robot Taisen: OG
Wario Land 4

Gamecube:

Battalion Wars
Dead to Rights
Gun
Twilight Princess
Lost Kingdoms
Luigi's Mansion
Megaman X Command Mission
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Pac-man World 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Mario Sunshine
Tales of Symphonia
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Ultimate Spider Man
Viewtiful Joe
X-Men Legends

PC:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

They range from unopened to literally at the final boss. I didn't put RE5 in there because I just started it so I don't think it counts; I'm about to finish Retro Game Challenge, so that will be removed soon enough. I'm sure a lot of the GC games will never get finished and I should probably get rid of them. Most of the OG Xbox games are barely started and I just bought them because they were cheap and I DO want to play through them eventually.

Too many?

Lately...maybe 2-4 games. How it's possible to have that many games is just crazy! I never buy my games at full price, get the odd new release usually at a decent deal if I really want it (maybe 3 a year), then play it and put it away when I'm done, trading it in if it sucked. But I'm sure those with those massive backlogs are more collectors than anything else lol...
If I spend money on something I like to make use of it, so theres no point in buying more games than I can play when they drop to 1/3rd the price in a few months anyway.

Jeez, I thought I was bad off but looking at this thread I'm nowhere near as backlogged as some people here. Still got MGS2 and Psychonauts for the O.G. XBox in shrinkwrap. Same with Mass Effect and Saints Row 2 on the 360. Same with Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow for the DS.

Got about 40 still shrinkwrapped 360 games, and at least another 40 games that aren't sealed but have barely been played. I bought 9 360 games last week.

Got a few Wii games to, including a sealed Okami, but I don't play that much.

add me to the list of "bigger than some people's collections" i have so many games an entire room of my new home has been devoted to just game storage

will I ever play them all? probably not. am i terribly worried? nope

It all depends on what you consider "backlog" and not. I have games I've played but have not "beaten". Then I have games that have yet to be played at all...

Out of the "yet to be played at all" category, I have 8 games that I have yet to touch, 5 of which are still unopened. The one that mocks me the most is Jade Empire - it's been there for YEARS.

I've got about 50 games that I haven't even started playing. I think I need to start playing these games before I lose complete interest in them. :)

Dang, I thought my backlog was bad.....I have the following, all 360:

Infinite Undiscovery
Blue Dragon
Lost (for the cheevements)
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Kung Fu Panda

And, I want to replay:
Mass Effect
Fable 2 (not exactly replay, just spend more time with)
Halo 3

I don't see how it's possible to be a member here and not have a huge backlog. Way too many deals get posted here!

Lost Odyssey, Okami, FF3 & 4 on DS, FFT on PSP, Rock Band 2, KH: CoM on PS2 (Opened but haven't played yet), Wipeout HD, Hot Shots Golf: OoB, FF12, FF6A, Rez HD

So...11 games, 1 downloadable, not counting all the downloadable games I have. Oh, and I still have stuff to unlock in Wii Fit and Wii Music.

[quote name='Josef']I don't see how it's possible to be a member here and not have a huge backlog. Way too many deals get posted here![/QUOTE]

Just have to learn to only buy a game you want to play and have time to play now or in the near future and not buy stuff just because it's cheap.

Though to be fair it's been easier for me in recent years since my free time has dwindled and other hobbies have taken precedent over gaming. I pretty much stopped buying games and just get stuff off Goozex which also helps since it takes a few months to get new releases.

Well, yet to start playing:
iconxbox360.gif
Mass Effect
iconxbox360.gif
Prince of Persia
iconxbox360.gif
Half Life 2 (and it's episodes)
iconxbox360.gif
Portal
iconxbox360.gif
Frontlines: Fuel of War
iconxbox360.gif
Shadow Complex
iconxbox_r2.gif
Max Payne

And, yet to complete:
iconxbox360.gif
Crackdown
iconxbox360.gif
Mirror's Edge
iconxbox360.gif
Grand Theft Auto IV
iconxbox360.gif
Resident Evil 5
iconxbox360.gif
Rock Band
iconxbox360.gif
Fallout 3
iconxbox360.gif
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
iconxbox360.gif
Braid

I have way to many backlogged games, But really i never wanted to play all of them anyways, Such is the life of a game collector... but the one i WANT to play i can't GET right now. (Steel Battalion anyone ?)

I probably have 15 or so for my 360, and this isn't considering how there's a lot of games out there I still haven't even bought for it yet, much less played (I'm looking at you Mass Effect).

As for total, not really sure. I have a couple PC games, probably 10-20 xbox games I started and never finished, not sure what else.

Tiny as this gen I stopped picking up games I didn't have time to play for the most part.

In progress: Fear 2, Rock Band 1 & 2, Guitar Hero 3.

On the shelf: Prince of Persia, Fallout 3.

Minuscule compared to some of you guys. Besides the games I am currently playing, the following are untouched.

:360:Gears of War 2, GTA IV, Bioshock, Forza 2, Ninja Gaiden II, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

:ps2: Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus, Xenosaga: Episode 1, Resident Evil 4, God of War II

Probably around 5 games now. Trying to stick to my new personal rule of not buying something unless I know I'm going to playing it within two weeks. Been saving me from building too large of a backlog and for the most part games always get cheaper so waiting is paying off even more. Going to be tough over the next six months though.

Uh, I bought a bunch of used games during the last Gamestop 20% off used PS3 games coupon:

Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5
Soul Caliber IV
Lego Batman The Video Game
Prince of Persia
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

I also bought the PS2 Sly Cooper trilogy used (and complete!).

And now I'm wanting to get Batman:AA and Madden 10, too...

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']250+. I hate it, mostly because I don't know where to begin.[/QUOTE]

This.

Recently I beat Prototype, now I don't know what 360 or Ps3 game to move on to. So many to choose from. Though, when this happens I usually just play Gears 2 online or some other multiplayer game until I can decide. Takes about 3 days. :lol:

I got about 75 games unbeaten. I plan to beat them all. The RPG's are the only problems, everything else won't take as long as those.

I don't have too huge a backlog list, but they're all fairly long games. Essentially, I have to beat the majority of the Final Fantasy series.
FFIV, V, VI, VIII, IX, X-2, XII
Chronotrigger, Legend of Dragoon, Kingdom Hearts 2, Super Mario RPG, Oblivion.

Not helping is the imminent release of Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

Games I don't have but want to get and play: Ico, Silent Hill 2, Persona 3 or 4, Earthbound, Secret of Mana.

I tend to average 40-50 hours on a good RPG, so, that's about 600 hours right there..

I've actually been pretty good about catching up. Just finished Prototype and Ghostbusters now I've got to work on Shadow Complex and Call of Juarez: BIB. Wolfenstein and Batman are on the way too though so I'll be pretty busy.

bread's done
Back